Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An Age of Iron (Siobhan)

Galina listened, sitting quietly as she did so. Her eyes were down, looking at the floor. For a long while she just sat there, thinking about what Tempest had said. Though for her part, Tempest did have twenty years of experience on the young redhead. For her part, she'd lived alone and isolated on the island as a child. In some ways she'd never grown up. She didn't have to there, and there wasn't a society for her to compare herself with and against. In so many ways, still a child even if the number of years she had said she was an adult.

She nodded slowly at last a response. "I g-guess so." The redhead gave a little shrug, "I'm just afraid. Afraid to fail, that I'll be like them."

At the pat on her shoulder she looked to Tempest, "I ... I would like that." Well, she thought she would, right now she just wasn't certain. The smallest traces of a smile were tugging at her lips. Maybe things would be okay after all.

[member="Tempest"] | [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

[member="Tempest"], [member="Galina Kerrigan-Alcori"]

It was at this stage that Siobhan finally stopped fretting and stepped back into the room. For the past minutes she had been standing outside and listening, feeling rather grateful for Tempest. Some tough realism was probably what her daughter had needed. From someone who was close and trusted by her, but removed enough from the situation to be objective.

"You won't be like them, Galina. Not unless you chose to. Those mages had great power and the potential to do good, but they wasted it for evil because they thought having magical powers gave them the right to treat others like dirt," Siobhan said softly. "Tempest isn't like that, I'm not like that, you won't be like them. Remember the evil they did, keep it to heart and you won't walk the same path. What matters isn't power, just how you use it. If you were to fall, we'd catch you." She took her daughter's hand and gave it a soft squeeze before looking at Tempest.

"Thanks for talking to her. If you were to train her and help her control her abilities, I'd be very grateful." It was obviously not an official order, hence why she was happy that Tempest had made the offer herself of her own volition. For a variety of reasons, Siobhan was rather reluctant to train Galina herself. One of the reasons being that she did not want to risk her daughter walking the same path she had. It was true that Tempest had been trained by her, but the Dahomeyan was very much her own woman. More to the point, her minimalist and comparatively balanced approach to the Force would probably suit Galina better.

Tempest

Storm of the Force
[member="Galina Kerrigan-Alcori"] | [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

Tempest smiled. "That's great! I'd love to teach you, Galina."

"Thanks, Sio. I'll take good care of her."

She realised then that she'd committed to teaching someone...and had utterly no idea how to do so! Perhaps there was a Cliff Notes version of Force Training 101?

Still, she'd do her best. I mean, she'd turned out alright under Siobhan's loving care...what could go wrong?

Galina sighed softly, nodding as her mother spoke. "I guess so." She still had her worries. Another sigh, "I'll try." Though her words didn't sound all that entusiatic at all. Gently she squeezed Siobhan's hand in return.

"Thank you Tempest." She tried to smile, just a little. Inside the whole situation made her feel so torn and uncertain. She'd never planned for this, didn't think it was possible.

Her gaze drifted to Siobhan, "Can I get a glass of water, Mummy?" After all those tears, that much crying she certainly was thirsty. At least at this point she'd finally calmed down and only anxiety remained about her newfound abilities.

[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] | [member="Tempest"]

[member="Galina Kerrigan-Alcori"], [member="Tempest"]

Training the daughter of your at times rather volatile, super-empowered boss. Heavy risks...but the Master rank! Hopefully poor Tempest would not fail Siobhan for the last time! Well, perhaps she could give her buddy Kaida a call to help out. On a more serious level, the Dahomeyan Amazon had common sense, which was something most force-users lacked.

"Of course, sweetie," Siobhan said warmly, patting her daughter on the shoulder. "Believe me, you'll do fine." Then she quickly left the room, returning a minute a or two later with a glass of water, which she handed over to her daughter. She imagined that she would need a talk with Tempest about training stuff.

Tempest

Storm of the Force

Tempest smiled wanly. "Well, I'm sure I can figure it out eventually."

"So when would you like me to start with her? I'm going to have to have her use her abilities and then control them. It won't be easy."

She gave Siobhan a meaningful look.

"If I'm going to trainer her I can't have any interference, understand? If you want me to do this, I have to do it my way. It might not be the best way or the nicest way, but it's the only way I know how, and I can't have either you or Tegs interrupting. Galina needs to learn how to control it, and that it's not easy...she can't come running to you when things get tough. I won't hurt her, but it's not going to be a walk in the park."

Tense moment. Siobhan gave Tempest a look. Was she debating whether to Force Choke the Dahomeyan for being insubordinate and daring not to worship the ground she walked on? "Good. I did not go easy on you. If you coddled Galina because she's your boss' daughter, I'd feel insulted and would have to replace you." Siobhan replied bluntly. Well, no random force choking!

With Siobhan and Tempest briefly out of the room, Galina sipped nervously on her water. Her mind trying to sort through the possibilities and still very much afraid of the curse she just learned she had. She still wasn't any bit certain she could handle it at all.

Anxiety rose quickly in the young woman. The poor thing grew colder, though she thought little of it as she'd often found herself cold in the Villa. Even the room temperature seemed to be growing colder, but she gave it little mind.

It wasn't until the water she held ... had frozen over that the redhead knew something was wrong. Instantly she let go of the glass dropping it to the floor with a thud, the glass shattering but the frozen water inside remained intact. "Mummy!" The terrified shout rang out through the room. No doubt Tempest and Siobhan would hear her, if they hadn't heard the glass shatter first.

Tempest

Storm of the Force

Tempest’s eyes narrowed slightly. “Thank you,” she replied just as curtly.
‘I’m glad you think I’m so easy to replace’ she almost said, but wisely contained herself.

Before the awkwardness could stretch any further there was a cry from the next room. Going in, Tempest immediately saw the cause.
Calling on the Force she gathered the glass shards and ice together so no one would stand on them.

Going over to Galina she sat down beside the girl. “It’s alright, Galina, you’re okay. But this is why you must learn control. We’ll begin tomorrow,” she said. She was not asking permission, she was telling both her and Siobhan. At the moment Galina was a threat to herself and others, the sooner the training could begin, the better.

If Tempest was getting sulky about the fact that Siobhan was being just as blunt as she was, perhaps she should have kept quiet. Or been more tactful! Siobhan saw how the woman's eyes narrowed, but frankly did not care much at this point. While she liked the woman a lot, she was still her boss.

But then apparently a glass had shattered and Galia had turned water to ice. Siobhan did not need Tempest to tell her that Galina would start training tomorrow. "Tempest will start training you tomorrow. She'll show you the necessary control. Things will be fine, dear," giving her daughter a hug.

She briefly glanced over to Tempest. "As much as I dislike Taldir, perhaps she'll be willing to assist you." Truth be told, Siobhan found the Angelii to be as dull as dishwater, with all the charm of a robot, but she was a competent cryomancer. Of course, ball was in Tempest's court. Long as Galina got the necessary control, Siobhan would not interfere...much.

Galina took a deep breath, her eyes still on the mess of ice and glass that Tempest had swept together with the force. Hearing Tempest's words, she nodded. She'd heard her. The idea of training ... tomorrow was a little more than she could handle. "Tomorrow?"

Her attention shifted to her mummy as she came to hug her daughter. For a moment Galina held tight to Siobhan, not wanting to let go.

Finally she did, with a heavy sigh looking to Sio. "Must be tomorrow?" She asked, hoping for a different answer. Hoping Siobhan would allow her a reprieve, a day maybe two to absorb what was happening to her. Hoping her mother would get her out of it. You just froze water! And you want a day or two to think about this? How much of a fool are you? It's just a day or two. A day or two where you could hurt yourself, or others. Even her own internal voice seemed to be in agreement with Tempest and Siobhan, but her heart wished otherwise. That annoying voice was right after all, even if Galina wasn't ready to admit it.

Siobhan really wanted to let her daughter off the hook, but she could not. There were times when you had to be firm. "No, you'll start tomorrow. I know it's hard, but it's for your best. Twenty-four hours more won't make you more comfortable. The sooner you start, the easier it'll be and the less it'll scare you," she said calmly...but very firmly. There would be no buts.

Tempest

Storm of the Force

Tempest was glad that Siobhan had decided to be firm. She had worried that Siobhan would let her daughter twist her around her finger.
“I’ll contact Kaida. I’ll be back in the morning to collect Galina,” she said.

As she left she sighed. The pretty new Sergeant would have to do her training without her.

She picked up her comm and dialled the number for Kaida.
“Hi, Kaida, it’s Tempest, can we meet and talk? Something’s come up, and I think I’ll need your help.”

Galina glanced fretfully between the two women as Siobhan gave her answer. Biting fretfully at her lip, she sighed her eyes dropping to the floor looking to the now melting ice. The idea of having to use this ... this curse terrified her.

Truth be told, she felt like crying. Somehow, she managed not to as she wrung her hands nervously. She wanted so much to just run off and escape all of this. Somehow she knew her mothers were not going to allow for that. There would be no escaping the force powers she'd been born with. No escaping the training they had seen fit to put her into, with or without her consent.
She nodded only to Tempest, not looking up as the woman left the room.

She then turned back to her Sio. "Mummy, I don't want to do this. Please ... please don't make me." Clearly afraid, and extremely worried over this gift, she couldn't help but voice her lack of desire to do this. The young woman simply wanted to be able to pull the metaphorical covers over her head and just forget it ever happened. "I do not want to go. I do not want to do this." Clearly Galina was not quite ready to let the subject drop, and determined to get her way.

Since this thread takes place before the Netherworld event thingie, [member="Coryth Elaris"] was not there to keep Kaida's bed warm and thus the Angelii would have to wait a bit before she got a short stack of fire-sized blanket. Anyhow, as chance would have it Kaida was not bitching at recruits when Tempest called her. Instead she was at her apartment, currently making some rather scathing annotations in 'The Rise and Decline of the Omega Protectorate', specifically in the chapter about the failed invasion of Coruscant.

It was titled 'Charging into the Jaws of Death'. Just when she had got to the part about the Starfall being randomly dropped onto the planet for no logical strategic reason, her comm beeped. Apparently Tempest wanted stuff from her. Kaida was moderately annoyed about being disturbed, but Tempest was amongst the very small group of people she got on with, so she sucked it up. "I'm at my apartment. I have time. What's this about?"

[member="Galina Kerrigan-Alcori"], [member="Tempest"]

(Un)fortunately for Galina, her mother would not budge. By instinct and inclination, Siobhan was not particularly stern with her child, most of the time. She saw Galina as a smart cookiee who, though in many ways still a child, should not just be bossed around. Being strict with her was something that did not come easy. However, she was also a woman who felt like she was every inch a queen as Anya. Someone who led armies to victory, conquered planets and faced eldritch abominations.

Like it or not, Galina would have to be trained in the Force, or else she would become a danger to herself and others. More to the point, it would make her a target and Siobhan would not compromise her daughter's safety. Even if Galina got angry at her for a while, but her daughter would learn. "No, Galina, you'll start training tomorrow. I know you hate this, hell, you might even hate me for a while, but it's for the best. One day you'll realise that. I can't risk you being untrained and having no control," she said very firmly.

Galina looked rather shocked at the words from Siobhan and panic quickly followed. "Please mum, please..." Her lip quivering as tears started to well up in her eyes.

Still she had to try one last time. "I don't want to go." Typical teenager just couldn't let it go. "Mum, please .. there has to be some other way. Anything. Just not this." Her tone getting more desperate. She wanted so badly for this not to happen. For her not to have to train this horrible horrible curse. With a heavy sigh, she bowed her head looking and feeling every bit defeated. Somehow just feeling that her mother would not budge. "Mum....please..."

[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

[member="Galina Kerrigan-Alcori"]

For just a moment...Siobhan seemed to soften, seeing the effect her words were having on Galina. She could not help reach out and gently caress across Galina's cheek, seeing the tears welling up in her eyes. "I'm sorry, sweetie, but no. If there was another way, I would not insist on this. But I have to. For your own safety," at that she gave the frightened girl a hug.

As Galina had correctly assumed, Siobhan would not budge an inch. "For now try to take your mind of this. I got that new book you wanted. The quantum physics one."

Tempest

Storm of the Force
[member="Galina Kerrigan-Alcori"] | [member="Kaida Taldir"]

“Galina is able to use the Force. I’m going to train her. I’ve never trained a Force user before, so I was hoping I might be able to get some help from you, especially as she seems to be a cryomancer like you.”
She was hoping, unnecessarily as it turned out, that Siobhan wasn’t going to crack and give in and cancel the training. Even if it meant more work and stress for her it was better than nothing and it was better for her too.

She was thinking she might check in with [member="Coryth Elaris"] too and see if the short stack of fire had any tips too.

So Kerrigan's daughter had Force control issues. At least the pompous queen had had the brains to outsource her training instead of messing her up herself. However, Kaida...seemed rather indifferent. Then again, it was Tempest who was asking and Kaida liked her. A bit. Moreover, her own sense of responsibility kicked in because an uncontrolled cryomancer was dangerous.

"Kerrigan's daughter? I see." Somehow even her dispassionate tone managed to convey a high degree of disdain and revulsion when she spoke the Countess' name. "Alright. Meet me at my place."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom