Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An Age of Iron (Siobhan)

Tegaea Alcori

Back to Square One
The news was grim. Everywhere Tegaea looked she saw a rising tide she could do nothing to prevent. Even now she heard rumours of renewed war between Fringe and Protectorate, and she feared that the Protectorate would not stand.

Still, she had her work, and so she kept going. She had to continue protecting Kaeshana and keeping herself busy, or else she'd be lost to uncertainty. She had more to live for these days, she had [member="Galina Kerrigan-Alcori"] and [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] but also others. A whole little crowd on one little world which relied on her, was counting on her.

She was so engrossed with her own thoughts she didn't even hear the door open.

[member="Tegaea Alcori"]

The door opened and Siobhan stepped...carrying a steaming cup of hot tea and a couple biscuits, which she placed on the desk before Tegaea. This one is assuming that Siobhan's wifey was in her study or something like that, since Tegaea's writer was so unkind not to name a location!

"Hey, you thinking a lot? Thought you could use some tea," Siobhan said warmly, leaning forward to plant a loving kiss on her wife's lips. Oh, and, yes, the tea would actually be tasty. Siobhan had started liking Atrisian tea since Mirien had shared her memories with her. Perhaps Firefarm could start creating tea plantations...Firetea!

She sat down on a chair, facing Tegaea and for a moment fell silent. There was clearly something on Siobhan's mind but she was unsure how to approach it before she finally bit the bullet. "I think we need to talk. I take it you've heard the rumours of the Fringe savages wanting to have another round against the Protectorate. Doubtless 'kindly Sith' Varanin will go on a tirade about how bad everyone except her and her gang of monsters is." In Sio's opinion it was a shame the Jedi Councils had decided to only sever her from the Force instead of execute her. Not like severing someone from the Force ever lasted these days. She did not even mention the Republic because she had no confidence in them surviving.

"I don't think the Protectorate will stand. But...that's not my main concern. I've been...having bad dreams lately. Of the fire and brimstone variety. So has Coryth. I can't explain it that well...I don't think it's related to the Sith for a change, but something bad's gonna happen in the Galaxy. You've had so much on your plate and the past weeks have been so happy, so I didn't want to worry you. I'm not sure how to prepare, but I can't bear the thought of something happening to my family in the storm," she said a bit awkwardly, realising she was rambling.

With family Siobhan did not just mean her wife and daughter. In her mind Mirien, [member="Coryth Elaris"], Eyrecae and Tempest were included as well. Also Anya, who was sort of like a constantly trolling, know-it-all older sister. Over the years Siobhan's focus had shrunken significantly, until it was mostly about her family, Firemane and Kaeshana. Everything else was...less important to her and ultimately her family came first. She would make worlds burn if it meant protecting those who mattered to her. Whatever she had seen in her dreams seemed to have strongly spooked her and she did not scare easily.

Tegaea Alcori

Back to Square One
[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]
Tegaea started ever so slightly as Siobhan entered, then smiled a little wanly.
“Yes, I have been thinking about things a lot. I don’t know what to do, Siobhan. Kaeshana is my home, the only one I’ve ever really known. The only home as opposed to somewhere I happened to be living. I can’t bear the thought of something happening to you or the girls…but what option is there?”

“Bad dreams? Visions?” Tegaea was uncomfortable with Force visions. They always seemed awfully convenient to her. And the worst part about visions was context; would trying to avoid them end up with them being realised?

“Funny, I had a dream about our honeymoon. For once it was nicer to be asleep than awake,” she said, her face melancholy.

[member="Tegaea Alcori"]

"Why couldn't I have a dream like that. It would've been more pleasant," Siobhan said wistfully, reaching out to cover one of Tegaea's hand with hers. She looked uncertain and a sigh escaped her throat. "I...don't know whether it's just dreams or visions. Unlike Coryth I don't have foresight. I wish I could tell you what it means and...that I could protect you from it. But...I don't know...," she trailed off, unable to continue.

To put it plainly she was afraid. Moreover, she was ashamed. She was not supposed to be spooked by dreams or visions. Or doubt herself. If a dark and evil menace arose, it was her purpose to protect her family against it. It made her feel like a fool. Finally she took a deep breath and spoke again. ."We have Galina to think of as well. If...something happens to us, I can't bear the thought of her suffering. Maybe we should draw up a will or something like that to appoint guardians for her. Like Tempest, since they have a rapport. Coryth already agreed to watch out for her. Sure Miri would as well."

Tegaea Alcori

Back to Square One
Tegaea smiled slightly at Siobhan. Underneath the destroyer was a woman who did care for others, it was the thing which had kept them together so long.
"I have already considered this. I've had the papers drawn up so that were either of us to die, all our assets passes to the other. If both of us were to die then all assets are passed in trust to Galina, with Tempest, Coryth and Mirien to act as executors. I've asked the Queen to act as witness...I don't think you can get better than the Queen-Exarch of Kaeshana as witness!"

She patted Siobhan's arm. "We need to be careful, but we don't need to panic, likewise. We'll get through this, Siobhan, but being smart, by knowing what we're facing, and by keeping together."

[member="Tegaea Alcori"]

Siobhan could be described in many ways that were not positive. She was arrogant, vain, inherently self-centred and had a hair-trigger temper. It was true that she had never murdered innocents in cold blood, but in many ways her methods did not differ that much from those of the Sith or the Empire. Her empathy for people outside of her family circle tended to be limited. However, despite these flaws she cared very deeply for her loved ones. She was also fiercely loyal to them, probably to the point of zealotry.

So Tegaea's words touched her deeply and a genuine smile crossed her lips, disspelling her glum mood for the time being. "That's great. Thanks for you doing this, love." She spontaneously arose and pulled her wife into a hug, holding her close whilst she kissed her.

A bit embarrased by the spontaneous outburst of feelings she sat back down. "You've always been the one with the big brain. I don't know what I'd do without you," she said with evident fondness in her voice. "I believe we can get through this. We've accomplished so much together and my life has changed so much for the better in ways I'd never thought since we got together."

Yes, romantic Sio was apparently in the driver's seat now. Such was the power of Mistress Valora that she was able to turn Siobhan into a lovey-dovey, mushy sap. You see, dear reader, there are great powers than force storm and stuff like that.

"Well, visions of doom and gloom aside, there's some less grim stuff. You remember what Eyrecae said about the five Eldorai Paragons? She's been wondering what happened to the last two, the priestess and the mage. I think we should ask Chesna. There's always more to her beyond her...very hot body."

Tegaea Alcori

Back to Square One
"Big brain, huh? That's the reason you married me?" Tegaea asked, smirking slightly.

"You remember too Chesna's words during our anniversary? I rather think she's hiding a good deal more than she'd like us to know." Said anniversary is...unavailable for linking, as it would certainly corrupt the kiddies.

"Shall we go see her?"

[member="Tegaea Alcori"]

"Err...no...because you're gourgeous, amazing, really good in bed, a great cook, a great leader...a redhead...put up with my sulking and...oh, you're just trolling me," Siobhan got visibly flustered, her cheeks acquiring an amusing pink hue. On the bright side, when she was being sappy she was not moping or having visions about doom and gloom.

"Yeah, let's go ask her about it." It was guaranteed that Chesna would try to distract them. She was very good at being...distracting.

Tegaea Alcori

Back to Square One
Tegaea smirked at her wife’s embarrassment and gave her a kiss right on her red cheeks.
“Of course, my love! We all know that’s the real reason you married me – for the trolling!”

As they set off for Chesna’s room Tegaea frowned. “I don’t doubt she’ll try and throw us off the scent. In some ways I don’t really want to know…but at the same time I do. She and Eyrecae definitely know each other from the past, and if what they said was true…she’s one of the paragons the Eldorai look up to as well..”

[member="Tegaea Alcori"]

"All the women in my life are total trolls," Siobhan mock grumbled. This was a very accurate assessment given how every woman who was important to her saw the need to troll her. Well, so far Galina was an exception, but it was probably only a matter of time before she jumped on the troll Siobhan bandwagon. Especially since she hung around Tempest, Tegaea and Chesna a lot. On the bright side, Siobhan got lots of kinky sex and Tegaea put up with her mood swings, so she could not complain too much!

In any case she gave her wife a nod. "If only Eldorai like Valriya would know that one of their Goddess' daughters is a submissive for human monkeighs, the other is hammer girl. Eldorai secrets have a habit of being uncomfortable revelations, but I think we should know."

Since the kiddies might be watching this thread, we shall presume that Chesna was actually wearing clothes when they opened the door. Otherwise the innocent minds of kids would be irreparably damaged. "Great Mistresses, so nice to see you. Would you like a cup of tea? Or should I sing a song. That's what perfect Companions do!" Chesna declared brightly. After all, she was a total troll.

Tegaea Alcori

Back to Square One
“I think everyone’s secrets have a habit of being very uncomfortable,” Tegaea replied thoughtfully. “It’s just that in the case of the Eldorai they are especially so. I dare say if one poked into the origins of Jedi or the Republic enough they would find plenty which would shatter old illusions.”

As they entered, Chesna started trolling them.
“Just as well you’re not a companion then or we’d have kicked you out years ago!” Tegaea said. “Actually, we came here to talk to you, Chesna, about your past.”
Chesna looked between them, a hint of suspicion in her eyes. “Okay…what do you want to know?”

[member="Tegaea Alcori"]

"Oh, there's a lot there, sweetie. Good thing I never had any illusions in that department," Siobhan said quietly in response to Tegaea. Like, millennia ago the ancient Republic had tried to carry out genocide, though Siobhan was less critical about that because the enemies had been Sith and she was racist. More relevantly, the Republic's head of government was secretly a droid controlled by a cabal of death machines who wanted to carry out genocide.

“It means…wait haha, no. You can ask Chesna I called her it and see what her reaction is!”

"Eyrecae called you taigai. What does that mean?" Siobhan asked sweetly. "She told me the Eldorai had five Paragons. Ashira, Mystra, Tylania, her...and you. You're her sister, aren't you?"

Tegaea Alcori

Back to Square One
“My word, you have been busy little bees, haven’t you?” Chesna said softly. She turned away and went to the window.
“I knew from the moment you found Eyrecae that this time would come. She never could keep her mouth shut. Heh, ironic coming from me, I guess.”

Still not looking at them she leaned against the window. “She is...yes. Though only technically. We were created to rule the Eldorai, to serve the Masters, but we’re not actually related by blood. Ashira was the first of our kind, but she was not our mother biologically.”

“Why has this just now become important? Why does it matter to you? I am not a paragon anymore, except possibly of courtesans. I suggest you leave well enough alone and don’t push any deeper. Let some secrets lie.”

[member="Tegaea Alcori"]

Siobhan was surprised by Chesna's response. There was no trolling, no innuendo, rather she was being serious. It seemed almost like she was protecting something or someone. "Chesna, what's wrong? Are Mystra and Tylania still alive? Is that what you don't want found out?" she asked softly.

"Eyrecae wants to find out what happened to them. Chesna...if there's some uncomfortable secret lying out there, you know it'll be found out eventually. And we're best equipped to make sure no harm comes to the Eldorai or your sisters. Nothing ever stays buried or hidden forever in this Galaxy and others may just exploit it. You know how bad things are in the Galaxy now."

There was a pause. She looked over towards Tegaea, then faced Chesna again and spoke up once more. "Are they still on Kaeshana or did they leave the planet? The Eldorai were designed to serve the Rakatan and rule over their slave races in their name, did they take these paragons and others off the planet to different worlds?"

Anya Venari

Star Queen Tirathana VII
Since this writer likes switching alts….

Chesna’s reaction was extra-ordinary. She turned, and her eyes flashed for a moment with light.
“Haven’t you done enough to us?!” she demanded bitterly. “The constant prodding and poking at the past shows more and more people that my entire race, my children are failures. We are sexist, xenophobic slaves created by aliens. We have killed and maimed and done terrible things, and ultimately it’s all a joke because everything we believed was wrong. How does knowing what happened next help you?”

For a moment it looked like she might use some of her formidable mentalist powers to attack, but then she slumped to the ground.

“I won’t fight you, Siobhan. I swore after…well after what happened…that I would never strike in anger again. Eyrecae was fortunate to sleep through it all, through my failure as Queen. Let me bear my shame alone, for none now remember it except I….”

[member="Anya Venari"]

Siobhan was taken aback by the vehemence of Chesna's anger. She actually took a literal step back.

"Chesna...I never thought your people, your children were failures. Yes, they're mistaken about their origins, about the fact that genocidal aliens created them as slaves. And? That doesn't make them 'failures' or 'unworthy'. Nor does it mean humans have the moral high ground and are better. If you dig deep enough in the closets of any race, of the Republic, of Omega, you find lots of dirty laundry. Hell, the list of the Republic's dirtiest laundry is less than a decade old. Not like the Butcher of Gehenna is in a position to make a moral judgement about you," Siobhan said softly.

She sighed and approached Chesna, who had suddenly slumped and looked defeated. "I'm sorry for what happened in your past and I'm sorry for being pushy...but this has never been a joke to me. One of your children saved my life. I wouldn't have achieved any of the things I have without her," and so she gave the demigoddess a gentle hug.

Anya Venari

Star Queen Tirathana VII
Chesna accepted the hug, but still looked unwilling. “I don’t want to tell you some things,” she said flatly.

“However, I will tell you what happened, as far as I know, to Tylania and Mystra. The plan was for us to be put into cryogenic until the Masters were ready. The whole of the Eldorai race would be kept on ice until the time was right. However, something happened, and I was woken by Ashira. She told me that we were the only two left. Mystra and Tylania had been taken away, off world it seemed, and Eyrecae was missing, possibly the same.”

“I later learned that Mystra and Tylania were indeed taken off-world by the Masters, but to where I do not know. Part of my reasons for going into the galaxy when I could was to try and find traces of them, but no luck. Eyrecae, as you know, missed out.”

It was at this point that she pushed herself gently away from Siobhan. “Is that enough? I do not want to discuss what happened with Ashira.”

[member="Anya Venari"]

Siobhan reluctantly withdrew from Chesna. It did sting a bit than the former paragon would not tell her more, but the Countess seemed to realise that she had pushed her enough. "Yes, that's enough. I won't bother you any further. Thanks for telling me," she said softly and turned away.

Before she left the room she turned slightly to look upon Chesna. "For what it's worth, I'm sorry for what happened to your family. I still believe we could find them." Then she departed from the room, gesturing to Tegaea to follow.

Anya Venari

Star Queen Tirathana VII
“It does mean a lot to me, and so do you, Siobhan. Else, I would not stay here if I did not feel you were worth my attention. However, the first and greatest tragedy of the Eldorai should remain hidden. It is selfish, it is my pride speaking, but I do not think you could look at me the same way again if you knew what happened.”

Chesna went and lay on her bed. “My sisters are gone, Siobhan…gone for 25,000 years. You found Eyrecae, but I do not think you will find them. Let them rest in peace, please.”

[member="Anya Venari"]

"Ok. I'm sorry, dear. Rest," Siobhan gave the Eldorai a soft kiss and then departed from the room. "Come on, Tegs. I think the cooks should be ready soon."

For now at least Siobhan was letting the matter rest. Thing was, as everyone knew, she was like a kath hound on a trail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom