Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Allison's Beskar'kandar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Basaba Willamina

A'den and Alor be aliit Willamina
MJ3a39v.gif
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Other
  • Weight: Extremely Heavy
  • Resistances:
    • Energy: High
    • Kinetic: High
    • Lightsabers: High
    • Other:
      • Sonic: High
      • Radiation: Average
      • EMP/ION: High
    • Elemental:
      • Fire: High
      • Cryo: High
      • Acid: High
    • Force:
      • Lightside: None
      • Darkside: High
    • Vacuum: High
SPECIAL FEATURES
STRENGTHS
  • Protection: The hypermembrane provides a robust degree of protection so it can be used.
  • Self Repairing: Designed with the hypermembrane for protection but also the ability to repair itself over time with small damage being a few minutes to hours and sections of the suit being days.
  • Overly Engineered: Designed to give the bladesisters a distinct advantage in combat and in majority of situations. They have developed it to function in space or in the depths of the ocean with high pressure situations.
WEAKNESSES
  • Self repairing: While it can repair its own micro stress fractures the capabilities can take days to hours depending on how damaged they become from use.
  • Exotic Particles: Largely unknown and not seen in the galaxy before. It isn't invincible nor is it really strong but it reacts violently near dark and anti-matter which can disrupt and destroy it or even cause it to rupture and disintegrate.
  • Gravity field: The repulsors only function within a gravity field.
DESCRIPTION
Built as a solid suit of armor for the largest mandalorian in the Willamina clan. Basaba wanted to do something special for her sister who was their tank, their immovable object so she went to work forging. The masterwork of beskar a pursuit of hers but she is not the top armorsmith in the clans that falls to Ordo who has fashioned plenty. The biggest claim Basaba has is creating her own suit and the Mand'alore's suit while also working with the tougher and mysterious Magnus metal thanks to HK-36.

So she started by getting as much beskar as she could to create the plates and added in the Laminanium mix, the metal good for smelting and something that could work to improve the protection capabilities of it. She wanted a walking tank to draw fire but creating weapons on the suit would going into territory that she couldn't fathom with mobile suits that could fly while firing off large cannons. Still she knew Allison was a large woman and the suit being near solid in some places cut her flexibility by large factors.

The bodyglove understuit needed to be something that Allison could wear and while a clan skin seemed good the armorweave cause problems. She would feel overheated and it didn't breathe so using Akure leather works glistaweb materials sized to Allison were bought that she could wear and have the plates sealed over her. An ammo belt customized to her dimensions and able to help as the harness for weapons and gear to use with her people was taken off. Reducing the weight more.... well more trading the weight from attachments to pure raw defensive armor.

Her durasteel sections easily replaced by the super heavy, thick self repairing plates and helmets. The systems installed to match her own minus the jump and stealth capabilities, a thick anti shrapnel kama created to cover her hips and legs with the gun belt. The pack for a shoulder cannon attaching to her back and linked to her helmet while a sheath for Allison's beskad is on her back. Finally Basaba had to make sure her sister would be able to move and provide an intimidating demeanor. The armor adds nearly a foot and a half to her height making her near thirteen feet tall.

Designed and redesigned for Allison and her sister, the massive armor is almost pure chai la plating making the giant a tank for lack of a better term. With mechanical locks in the legs allowing her to brace herself and grab larger objects. Basaba took care to develop many of the aspects so that she tank of hte blade sisters would be able to drop down and from orbit provide support in the form of a vanguard of destruction. Allison's armor though uses the best equipment and is meant to be highly destructive while also soaking up heavy amount of damage.

Last edited:

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Basaba Willamina"]
First things first. What exactly do you intend to be the advantages and disadvantages of a beskar/laminanium alloy?

Basaba Willamina

[member="Ashin Varanin"]

Advantage:
  • Highly Protective

Disadvantage:
  • Slow and bulky
  • Easily identified
  • Requires others to get the plates off

She isn't going to be running through a battlefield but well much like Ashin made to stand there (minus force force lock) with heavy weapons and make noise/distractions/deliver destruction. I'm also working on the gear so she can be launched Section 8 style from orbit into a battle field as standard dropships would only be able to carry her.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Basaba Willamina"] - Sorry, that's not what I'm asking. I mean laminanium is a self-healing metal. How do you expect that to interact with beskar as an alloy? Are you trying to make self-healing beskar?

Basaba Willamina

[member="Ashin Varanin"]

Yes albeit reading the article preferably taking a longer time to repair then what is being made in real life. I am not good with the numbers or portions but I wanted self repairing armor that would mostly repair after an engagement but provide a large amount of protection. As her sized would require a good amount and repairs like on expeditionary suits or the YVH's were faster then preferable. She does not have enough to make the repairs fast with a couple layers instead of the several dozen normally created with the materials.

I am hoping that made sense

Basaba Willamina

[member="Ashin Varanin"] alright I believe I covered all major forms

Properties:
  • Beskar: 85%
  • Laminanium: 10%
  • Durasteel: 5%

Folded and hardened besker with interlocking connections of molytex and quantum fibers across the surface to aid it repair and maintaining the armor when outside of the Yaim'la.
Repair times:
Blaster:
  • Energy: Repair time for minor damage is 4 hours, repair time for major damage 8 hours, suit won't start repairing while in combat
  • Slug: Very strong against slug ammunition repairing fast on the surface but fire can reach breachable undersuit or vital area's. Repair time of 2 hours
  • Ion: 20 minutes repair time but strong enough weapons can cause significant impact trauma from force of ions striking target
  • Sonic: Near immunity along surface but sonic impact can transfer force to organs and Allison inside.
  • Disruptor: Using a high enough concentration and grade weapon disruption of plates can take 12 hours to repair

Lightsaber:
  • Slashing: Gashes from strikes and cleaves of a lightsaber once the blade is moved away will begin repairing and finish in 6 hours
  • Piercing: A long sustained stab that can get down into the plates can take up to 48 hours to repair
  • Contact: Contact burns used by jedi and sith to disarm and immobilize repair within 1 hour

Other:
  • Shatterpoint: From a master of the force will shatter the thick plates
  • Blunt force: No repair time, force is still transferred into the body when struck or hit.
  • Crushing: From a telekinetic master such as Siobhan 24 hours

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Basaba Willamina"]
I'm on the fence about this one. There are some inconsistencies in the canon blend, and I'm far from wild about self-healing beskar, but I like your healing times and I'll stamp this with two strong reminders. This isn't to be taken as precedent for more ambitious. beskar/laminanium combinations. Abuse and suffer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom