Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Walk in Shadows (Hawk Solo)

[member="Hawk Solo"]

The Capital and all of this moving about, it helped Satine to learn the ins, outs and paths of it. How long would she stay here, and should she. She looked over at Hawk Solo, and should she out of curiosity continue to keep company with this young Jedi. He learned quickly what she would approve of and what she would not, he had to understand that she was leader of her clan, and her society women ruled, men were..well the decorations so to speak.

"This should be a fine exhibit" Satine nodded and entered the museum, the large room had a beautiful crystal chandelier hanging down, so odd to see one so large and decorative. but it was art in its own way, the tiny notes that floated down from above from the crystals as they harmonized one with the others. Its beauty made Satine smile. How wonderful.

[member="Satine D'ulin"]

"Yes it should." Hawk grins as he looks above at the crystal chandelier. "It beautiful." The museum was so filing up with people. There were a couple of tour groups forming. He really didn't want to join them. He wanted to the exhibit at his own pace.

He was about to suggest that they start with modern history and goes backward when he heard his name being called. It sounded like his Mother. It was. Great. Here he was trying to impress Satine and they run into his mom. "Hi Mom." He gives her a quick hug.

Sabrina smiles. "Hi sweetheart. I didn't know you were coming today." Sabrina notice the young woman standing next to him. Was he on a date. Was that allow?

"Yeah I decide to come yesterday... Oh. Allow me to introduce my friend Satine. Satine this is mom. Sabrina."

[member="Hawk Solo"]

Satine smiled at the older Solo woman, she looked from her to the son, "It is a pleasure to meet you Sabrina." The tone of Satine's voice had changed, she was speaking with another woman someone who she viewed as equal, a gentle smile turned up the edges of her lips, "Your son has been gracious to keep me company, you raised him well" A compliment of how well a woman could do a job.

"Are you seeing the exhibit today?" Was she about to invite the woman to join them?

[member="Satine D'ulin"]

A small smile comes across Hawk face. It was interesting how Satine voice and demeanor changed with his mom here. It was something to keep in mind for the future.

"It nice to meet you as well. I've alway enjoyed meeting my son's friends." Sabrina smiles at Satine's compliment. "Thank you. It wasn't easy. He could be a bit head strong." Sabrina had to bit her lip to stop from laughing at her son's expression. Her baby hated when she talked about him like he wasn't there.

"Yes, I am here for the exhibit. It is one of my favorites." Hawk wanting to score points with Satine and his mom decides on inviting her. "Why don't you join us? He ask his mom. "I don't know. I don't want to ruin your date." Says Sabrina. She purposely chose the word date to see how Hawk and Satine would react.

[member="Hawk Solo"]

"if you define date as us keeping each other entertained, then it is a date." Satine left it at that, and then looked to Hawk, then back to Sabrina, "Men in my culture are not treated the same as the men here. Why do the women of Coruscant not change the system of government?" She looked from Hawk to Sabrina, this could be a learning experience to.

Questions that she had not been able to ask, she would now. Questions that others may find embarassing or rough to answer, perhaps Hawk and his mother would find it easier. She smiled trying to look harmless.

[member="Satine D'ulin"]

Hawk had to bite his tongue to stop himself from responding to Satine's question. Her attitude toward men got to him sometimes. It was her one trait that he didn't care. He hopes that it changes in time.

Sabrina giggles. She likes this girl. "I don't know.. I wish we would. Not all guys are like my son. He was raised to respect women. I do know that women wouldn't allow all these unnecessary wars."

[member="Hawk Solo"]

Hawk would have to do a lot to turn Satine's mind, she had been brought up in a society where men did not hold the same positions they did in the Republic. He was going to have to show her why she needed to change.

"Wars at times are necessary Sabrina Solo, war is profitable and can at times take on a life of its own" She looked from mother to son looking at the resemblence. "Men can be very artistic, such as Monet the strokes of the brush to bring to life his rendition of what life looks like. This is what needs to be done, show the galaxy a different view."

She was a warrior of a matrich society, she knew that people would not accept that idea. But it would not stop her from doing her duty. "Hawk Solo do you agree that there have been too many wars?"

[member="Satine D'ulin"]

"Yes, I do agree there has been a lot of wars. Unfortunely, war can bring about necessary change to a society. For example..slavery. It is wrong to enslave another being for your amusement or profit. I guess what I'm trying to say that there are some battles that have to fought."

[member="Hawk Solo"]

"There are some that should never be fought, there are some places that perhaps should be allowed to settle their differences without the interference of others"

Satine looked at Sabrina, and then back to Hawk. It was good to be able to talk, without it always being a debate. Some had forgotten the art of talking.

[member="Satine D'ulin"]

"Maybe. It depends on the situation." He says as they walk around the exhibit. Sabrina watched the two of them carefully. She could tell that her son was interested in Satine. Sabrina couldn't figure out if Satine was open to the idea of men like Hawk. Satine culture was very different than theirs.

"Enough talk of war. Let's talk about love. Do you believe in love at first sight?" Sabrina asked Satine and Hawk.

[member="Hawk Solo"]

Satine thought for a moment, "I have not been taught this concept of love at first sight, what does it mean?" She looked at Sabrina questioning, unsure. Why would she change the subject to this? Did the artwork make her think of it?

She tried to listen to each word, as well as enjoy the art.

[member="Satine D'ulin"]

"Love at first sight means to me. Finding your soul mate. Your other half." Says Sabrina. "It does get confused with desire. I had thought I found my soulmate when I met Nate. Hawk's dad. Everything just clicked until it fell apart."

Hawk nods. "Mom's a romantic at heart."

[member="Hawk Solo"]

"A soul mate other half" Satine repeated, "You sound as if you believe people are split in two and cannot be whole unless they have a soul mate. is this correct?"

Satine was not unfamiliar with the "falling apart" of things, it happened when two people rushed, or did not think. Her mother had taught her to do both, she would not have anything falling a part. No.

Satine smiled at Hawk, "She is not the only one, you are as well. It is evident with your actions" She was not romantic at heart, did that mean she was cold? Too cold perhaps? Her brow furrowed. She shook her head slightly, should she be thinking on this?

[member="Satine D'ulin"]

"Yes that is right." Says Sabrina. "That is probably a better way to explain it. Do you believe in love?" Sabrina didn't mean to put her on the spot. She never met a woman that hadn't been taught about love at first sight.

Hawk smiles lopsided at Satine. He knew he was romantic. It was nice to hear that Satine recognized it in him.

[member="Hawk Solo"]

"I believe that two people can have an emotional bond that many often refer to as love" Satine was not sure why Sabrina was asking this, but clearly Hawk thought there was value in this, why she was not sure.

Satine walked slowly, trying to make sure she listened. "Do I believe it will happen to me" She thought for a moment, "I don't know" her path was not clear right now.

[member="Satine D'ulin"]

"Yeah, sometimes it is hard to believe that it will happen. You must be open to it." Says Sabrina. "How do you feel about children? Do you want any?"

Hawk sighs. "Mom that is getting a little personal." Sabrina frowns slightly. "I just want to know. Have you told her about Maddie?" Hawk wanted to kills his mom right now. "Not yet. We are just friends."

[member="Hawk Solo"]

Sabrina was now beginning to undertand, Sabrina saw her as a potential mate to her son. She was not sure how to respond to that. well. um. Was she at a loss for words. "Children, I don't know." She had not thought about it not for some time.

"We are just friends" Satine repeated, "What of you Sabrina, are you mated?" She wanted to be curious too. She nodded to Hawk grateful that he was trying to stop his mother from learning too many personal details.

[member="Satine D'ulin"]

Sabrina face softens. "Not yet possible soon. Peter and I have been discussing moving in together." Hawk was pleased to see that Sabine turned the spotlight back on his mom. Sabine knew how to handle Mom already.

"The doctor?" Hawk ask. "Yes, the Doctor. We been seeing each other for almost a year." Hawk nods. He only met Peter a few times. "How does Peter feel about children?" He says giving a Sabine a wink.

Sabrina giggles and playfully slaps her son.

[member="Hawk Solo"]

Satine arched a brow when Hawk asked about the doctor, wouldn't a doctor be a good match for his mother? A doctor could provide her with the credits she needed in order to live in a lifestyle she found comfortable. A male supporting his female as he should.

Children? heavens could his mother still have children? would she want too???

This was a very strange conversation to listen to.

[member="Satine D'ulin"]

"Silly boy. He knows I have kids." Says Sabrina after she stop giggling. Hawk smirks. "He already met you. Don't you remember a couple months ago." Hawk laughs. "I remember. I was teasing you." At least the conversation got off him and Maddie.

Hawk was pointing out a few things when he hears someone yell. "Daddy!" He turns around and see Maddie with a bunch of little kids on a tour. Maddie races to him. "Hi Maddie." Hawk scoops up his adorable three year old daughter. "Hi Grandma. Hi pretty lady."

Hawk kisses the top of Maddie head and put down. "This is my friend Satine." Maddie smiles. "Hi."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom