Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Walk in Shadows (Hawk Solo)

He said the right words, but were they regurgitated or heart felt. And then the comeback, wouldn't she do the same "You must not know much about Emberlene to ask such a question.

Satine was not sure of this Jedi. She had not had many encounters with them but they had a reputation throughout the known galaxy. Protectors of the Peace. Guardians. Lately she had seen how they protected the peace, one planet after another with their presence.

She did not fear for Emberlene's safety it was a planet too far out to be of any use, except perhaps to the Sith. The Sith had were not taking over Hapes, within the Hapan Consortium. Emberlene would make a good stop over for there, and the worlds further out.

She knew there were other clans that had left Emberlene for other places to survive. That was their mantra "We do what we must to survive" and they had. Jedi she thought should understand this, this need for survival. This Jedi before her seemed a bit cavalier but perhaps it was because he was not far in his training.

She wasn't going to answer him. "I am going for a walk, to clear my head of such things that the Senate has put there" She rose up, she did not want to continue a debate. But did she want his company, why?

So that she did not have to talk to herself. She was a leader she suffered no man's presence unless she wanted it. She supposed she could put up with him a bit longer, "Do you wish to walk?"

@[member="Hawk Solo"]

@[member="Satine D'ulin"]

Hawk watches Satine closely. She was different from other women that he had met. He wasn't sure about her moviation when she asked him to join her on a walk. Maybe she wanted to pick his brain some more on being Jedi. He really didn't know.

"Sure. I would love too." He stand ans takes his cloak off the ground. He gives it a good shake getting ready of any grass or leaves. He slips it back. Now he looked like a proper Jedi again. He toss out his garbage in trash bin.

He offers his arm to Satin. "Where too?"

Satine declined his arm, it would mean something in her society to be seen in such a manner with a man and even though she was not home she still honored her traditions. She began to walk however, "Why Coruscant, are there not other temple you could train at?"

She was going to ask him more questions, things that would have little to no meaning that were just conversation.

@[member="Hawk Solo"]

Hawk raises an eyebrow at Satine response to his arm. He never had anyone refused an arm. Must be something culture or maybe she was married. He walked along side of her.

"Yes, there are other temple I could train at.. I just like the planet. It the center of everything." He didn't give it much thought why Coruscant. He felt drawn here. "What is your story? Are you married? Have kids?" Yes, they were personal questions but he was trying to figure her out. She was a bit of mystery.

@[member="Hawk Solo"]

"You are quite rude in asking such personal questions, are you married, kids?" She repeated back on him. Surely he knew Emberlene was a matriarchy and that for a man to be so impertinent she would have him slapped in irons.

Hawk laughs. "How is it rude to get know you? Yes, I could have phrase it better. I'm not a diplomat. I don't have use for flowery words or beating around the bush. I know your planet Emberlene men aren't allow to opinionated but we aren't on your world. So I will forgive for being rude and not answering the questions."

"No, I am not married. I do have a little girl. She is two."

Satine looked at him not quite disapprovingly, "Not married but have a child, you should marry the woman, the child is illegitimate. Are you not concerned about how she will be viewed, or treated as she grows?"

It was not un heard of for children to be born out of wedlock but she wanted to see his answer, this was a cultural question. How would he answer it

@[member="Hawk Solo"]

"If I had know about Cynna's pregnancy in the beginning..I would have considering marrying her. Now it just doesn't work. I haven't seen in two years and we aren't in love. I plan on being in Maddie's life as her dad."

He hadn't really consider how Maddie would be viewed, "I really don't think it will matter if her mother and I are married or not. Today society is much different. People don't view kids born out of wedlock as bastards anymore or treat them different. It is getting more acceptable.

"Do I wish things were different? Yes. It is not ideal. But we are working together as a team now to raised Maddie."

(PG13)

He words said he would have done things differently. Perhaps that worked in his favor. "On some worlds it is NOT acceptable, on some worlds you'd be hunted and brought to justice. On others, you'd just be killed." Satine looked over at him again.

"You should consider your words Jedi before speaking, or it would seem your actions before taking them" Satine walked along there was little happening right now, traffic and people. And then the fall of a shadow she looked about, she saw nothing. "How much crime is there on Coruscant?"

@[member="Hawk Solo"]

"Good thing that I don't leave in those worlds." He frowns slightly at rebuked. He knew he had a bad habit of acting without thinking of consequences. She didn't have to pointed out to him. It was a good thing she was too pretty to be mad at..

He couldn't believe it was already getting dark. Had they been walking around that long. "It depends where you are at. Crime in the lower levels is high. Don't worry I won't let anything happen to you." He pats his saber.

Satine tried not to laugh he wasn't going to let anything happen to her. She one of the most highly trained of the shadow guards. But she would let him believe that, he was a typical male. Always thinking women needed their protection.

"I don't plan on going to the lower levels, but I should be heading to my rooms near the Senate. And I need to have some dinner to keep up my strength for tomorrows round of debates. Will you be attending there tomorrow?"

@[member="Hawk Solo"]

"Yes I planned on attending. I'm there all week." At the mention of food his stomach rumbles. "I have an idea why don't we have supper together unless you have other plans?" He suggest asking her out. A pretty girl like had to use to guys hitting on her.

If she knew what he was thinking all the time she might strangle him, to always play upon her looks is not what all women want to hear. Since she could not hear his thoughts but she could see his body language she had an idea of what kind of man he was.

"I don't mind dinner, but you must seek a way to engage me that does not include how I look" She smiled, "Agreed?"

@[member="Hawk Solo"]

Hawk grins. "Agreed." An interesting condition to dinner. She must have seen how he was looking at her. Spending all his time with the Jedi and Maddie he must be losing his charm. Or had he found a woman he couldn't charm. What a horrifying thought.

"Do you like Corellian food? I know a great place that isn't too far from here." They were too far from Lucky Lady or was it lady lucky he could never remember how it went. He did know the food and atmosphere was wonderful. They a great band playing tonight.

"I don't know I've not had Corellian food." She thought for a moment, "then let's go there, and since you are Corellian you must be my guide through the menu" She nodded and waited for him to show her the way.

Charm, charm was not everything. Men had to have substance as much as a woman surviving on charm could only last for so long eventually you have to talk about something meaningful.

@[member="Hawk Solo"]

Hawk grins. "You will love it." He says turning down the street. He lead them to the Lucky Lady. The place wasn't too crowd yet. So they could sit where ever they wanted. Hawk waved to the few people he knew. He was slowly becoming a regular. He loved this place. The music..the food..it reminded him of home.

He grabs his favorite corner booth. "They have the best gumbo soup I have ever tasted. Better than my mom's". He hands Satine a menu. "I should warn you. Corellian food can be a little greasy at time."

Satine listened she could hear his appreciation of this place in his voice. They slid into a corner booth, "greasy, doesn't that make you sick your food being like that?" Satine was concerned about how this food would settle on her stomach.

She looked at the menu, and then back to Hawk, "Ok, then you shall order and I will taste" She smiled, if she didn't like it what would she do. She decided she'd send it back.

@[member="Hawk Solo"]

"No. Im use to it by now. Been eating it all my life." He pleased that she was going to allow him to order for her. He was going to take it easy on Satine. He wanted her first experience with Corellian food to be a good one.

The droid waitress rolled to their table. He order a smoked nerf with mounter potato rice to wash it down a glass of ice tea. He would have prefer a Corellian Whiskey but he didn't know Satine rule of drinking. She seemed a like a proper lady.

Satine nodded, she wasn't sure about this but she'd try it. She prayed to the goddess that this experience did not make her sick. She had heard stories about dishes that others had tried and paid a painful price on.

Satine watched the droid, and watched Hawk. Smoked nerf, clearly a protein. mounter potato some kind of starch, and tea.....what was tea? She waited and watched, her careful keen eyes darted about. She didn't mind crowds she could blend in very well with crowds. "So, what did you order?"

@[member="Hawk Solo"]

"I'm having the same as you. I haven't had nerf in awhile. Nerf taste a lot like lamb. It is really good if it is done right. It should be tender and juicy." The waitress bring over their ice tea. Hawk thanks the droid.

He takes a sip of the tea. He really didn't know much about her. She knew quite a bit about him. He had done all the talking so far. He was trying to figure how to draw her out.

"How are you enjoying your stay on Coruscant? Have you taken in any of it culture events? I personally like going to the museum and the ballet. Never been to the opera but it is on my list."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom