Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Walk in Shadows (Hawk Solo)

[member="Hawk Solo"]

Satine could only nod as she listened to Sabrina talk to her son. Strange how the simplest of conversations were so different from one culture to the next. A male on her world would have little to do with whether a female married or not, he might be consulted if the female wished to, but why would she?

It was then that everything changed, running toward them was a small child. A female child. Oh the daughter. hm. Knowing how Hawk's culture would view some of her actions she decided to follow his culture for the moment. She smiled at the young girl. "hello" Well now a female child this was very interesting. She thought republic men only wanted sons.

She looked at Hawk uncertain, their day together was becoming more of a Solo family outing. Something she was not sure how to handle. "Nice to meet you" Satine extended her hand to shake the little girls.

[member="Satine D'ulin"]

Maddie shook Satine hand. Maddie heard her teacher calling her name. She wanted to stay with her Daddy. Maddie's teacher Ms. Johnson walked over to their group. "Hello Mr. Solo. Maddie I've told you not run off like that." She says scolding Maddie.

Hawk smiles down at his daughter. She was so much like him. "Sweetie, go back with your class. I'll come see you later this evening." He kneels down and gives her another big hug. "You promise." Says Maddie. "I promise." Maddie nods and goes back with her teacher to their touring group.

He stands back up. "Sorry about this Satine. This is not how I wanted our day to go." He says in a low whisper to her.

[member="Hawk Solo"]
"It is not what I pictured either Hawk Solo" She looked over at him, he really was trying it was a valiant effort. She smiled at Sabrina, "your daughter is beautiful Hawk" Satine knew she meant it. It was such an odd day.

"I will be leaving soon, I've received another assignment that I must fulfill." She looked again towards the retreating child, "Day after tomorrow I must go" She had to wait for one other person to join her before she left. "So, come let us enjoy more of the museum, and then find something to eat, I'm getting hungry" She thought no corellian food. She started to walk, but slowly so that Hawk and Sabrina could come with her.

[member="Satine D'ulin"]

"Thank you Satine." He says sounding like a proud father. He was disappointed that she was leaving soon. He had enjoyed their time together.

Sabrina notices Hawk quiet mood change after Satine announcement. "You two go ahead. I have an appointment. Enjoy the rest of your day together." Sabrina hugged her son goodbye. "It was nice meeting you Satine." Than Sabrina turns and leaves.

"That's my family. Bunch of crazy people." He says with a grin.

[member="Hawk Solo"]

"most family is crazy" least that was her experience. Satine watched as Sabrina departed, "Nice meeting you too" They walked slowly along, "your mother she worries that you are unmated, is this true?" Satine could hear something in Sabrina's voice that sounded very motherly. The artwork on the wall held hints of blue as if it were the water as they walked on the beach.

Slowly they moved.

[member="Satine D'ulin"]

"Yeah. She wishes that I would settle down and get married. I would love to do that. Especially now that I have Maddie in my life. I know what I'm missing." He had a couple of women that he wanted a relationship with. Satine was on that list along with a couple of others.

"I like this sections. It reminds me of Spira." He comments as they walk together. "Does your family worry about you being unmated?"

[member="Hawk Solo"]

Did her family worry about it, "No Hawk they do not, they view duty before marriage. It is" She nodded her head a little, "the society in which I live counts on its clans for its support financially. Since I am still young it is viewed that I support the clans more than think of myself. In this way our cultures are different, but should the right person be found I"m sure it would be allowed." What she did not say was as long as the male understood his place. She did not think Hawk would do well in Emberlene society, he would be most likely leading the revolution for men.

Satine laughed a little, "I yes the water world of Spira is lovely, how often do you go?"

[member="Satine D'ulin"]

Satine culture was very different than his own in that respects. Hawk wasn't responsible to financially support his mom or the Jedi. He was only responsible for himself and his daughter.

"Sadly I've only been there once a long time ago. I had cargo to drop off. I didn't get the chance to sample life on Spira, I would love to go again. Maybe take someone special with me."

[member="Hawk Solo"]

"Spira seems like a world meant for relaxation. I don't know that I know how to relax but it might be nice to try." Satine stopped to admire a picture of a field of flowers it too seemed like it offered a place to relax, "I have never been" yet she thought there was still time to do many things.

Least she believed so. "So you hang on to the idea of soul mates?"

[member="Satine D'ulin"]

"Yeah. I guess I do". He grins. "I'm hopeless romantic." His eyes look at the painting than at her. "Maybe we should go together. I could teach you how to relax. Have fun. Do you know how to swim?" He couldn't help picturing her in red binkni with her raven hair flowing.

[member="Hawk Solo"]

"Yes I do know how to swim" Yes she did it was almost a requirement like learning how to hold one's breath, to not let any bubbles flow to the surface to...she stopped thinking. Had he said go to together? She paused looking at him trying to understand. "I" she was at a loss for words she didn't take time off to have fun. Fun was a foreign word.

"It is" was it? "It is possible that I could go, I have to make sure my calendar is clear" Very clear. She took a few steps, her mind was thinking. "Do you know how to swim?" Maybe he asked because he did not know how.

[member="Satine D'ulin"]

Hawk could tell by her expression that he caught her off guard by his question about going with him to Spira. "Yes I know how to swim. Swimming, surfing, and dancing was all I did growing up. We lived in a Oceanside near the golden beach."

[member="Hawk Solo"]

Near the water his whole life, it was times like this she felt jealous that her whole life had been about training about providing. "Well that explains it" Satine looked again at the painting the hues of blue, "When would you think of going?"

Was she considering this?

[member="Satine D'ulin"]

"Hmmm that's a good question." He thinks for moment going over his training and Maddie's schedule through his head. "This weekend would be ideal. Maddie is with her mom. My Master will still be out of town for the week. How about it? Does that work for you?"

[member="Hawk Solo"]

"have you got a good answer" she quipped a bit too quickly as he answered, this weekend, damn that was fast. Did this work for her, she felt anxiety already growingin the pit of her stomach, this was fast..She clenched her teeth for a moment.

She smiled, at least tried, "I guess I need to contact home first, can I tell you the answer later?" She exhaled why was this making her feel so uptight.

[member="Satine D'ulin"]

"Sure. Now let get something to eat. I'm starving. I think this place has an outdoor cafe." He says to her. If his was memorying correctly it would have the type of food that Satine would like. He goes to the museum map. Yup he was right. "They do. According to this map, it close by."

[member="Hawk Solo"]

"yes lets get some food" She looked down at the map briefly, "Yes that way" She pointed in a direction, there was a screaming child somewhere with a mother trying to drag, remove them from the museum. As they walked Satine looked around, she did not see what she expected. It was a disappointment.

Down a flight of stairs and through an archway they found themselves in a line to get something to eat the line led outside to a sea of tables of chairs. As they moved through the line she picked up salad, and fruit it was light enough for now. And more to her liking. She looked over to see what Hawk was eating today.

[member="Satine D'ulin"]

Cafe wasn't as he remember. He recalled a huge tree in courtyard. They must have taken it out when they remodel. Such a lost. He noticed that Satine grab a salad and fruit. Hawk took a chicken salad sandwich, bag of chips and fruit salad. He grabs a couple of bottle waters and hand one to her.

When the reach the register, Hawk pays for both of their lunch. He leads her a table tower the back away from the screaming kids.

[member="Hawk Solo"]

Satine was glad not to be near the children who though having a good time were screaming and grating Satine's nerves could the mothers and teachers not teach them about courtesy for others. She tried not to let it bother her too much.

It was good to know he could eat food that was not dripping in grease and in need of ketchup. How would the clans react to him? Oh goddess she already knew, and what would he say to what she did, she knew that answer to. "Do you think you would ever leave the Jedi?" She inquired.

[member="Satine D'ulin"]

Hawk sits across from her. Her question took him by surprise. Not many people would ask a Jedi that question. "It depends on the reason." He glances around making sure that no one was paying attention to them. He lower his voices. "The Order of the Jedi has been changing lately. I'm unhappy with some of the restrictions." His own Master had told him in private recently that she was leaving to found the Order of the Silver Jedi.

He was seriously thinking of joining Iella. That why this weekend getteaway was coming at a good time for him. He needed to think about his future and what he wanted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom