Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Walk in Shadows (Hawk Solo)

Satine had listened to this session of the Senate trying to find out what their objectives were, how they acted, what nuances she could see. She had tried very hard to remain attentive throughout the morning session but it was the type of talk that often put her to sleep. It was the same when she was home, listening to the bickering of Elders, more like children than adults.

She walked slowly through the corridor her hand reached over and touched the wall as she walked, a habit she had picked up long ago. The need to touch as she walked, the need to feel connected to reality. Her training kept her in reality, even if it was a dark one. The ability to fall into darkness, to become someone else sitting in these meetings made her wish she could be someone else.

BUT. The Elders had determined that they would send an envoy to check out the Republic as difficult as it was. Satine was still not sure this was where she was meant to be. There were other Emberlenes out there, she knew it locating them depending on their situation could be easy, or difficult. However today she was here in the Republic.

Grabbing water, and something that looked like fruit from a vendor she headed outside, to look this place over. It was amazing, truly. But it also held its own dark secrets.

@[member="Hawk Solo"]

@[member="Satine D'ulin"]

Today lesson from @[member="Iella E`ron"] was to sit in Senate and listen to what was being said by the politician. He sat and listen to the blowhards argue back and forth over some bill that Hawk couldn't really follow. It was about some trade agreement. His eyes closed a few times as the drone on. He almost let out a cheer when the morning session end. Thank the force for that. He still couldn't figure out the lesson that Iella was trying to teach him unless it patience. If that was it.. he had passed. He hadn't killed them for boring him.

It still felt strange to him walking around in his Jedi Robes. He nods to a few people as he goes outside. Oh the sun. It felt so good to be outside after sitting in that stuffy Senate. He wanted to yell or scream. He didn't like sitting so quiet for so long but it wouldn't be fitting for a Jedi to do that.

He goes an outside vendor and buys himself a bottle of water and sandwich. He looks around to find a place to sit an eat. All the tables were occupty by the Senator's staff. There was a nice piece of grass that no one was using. He removes his cloak and lays it down on the ground like a blanket. He was sure that it raised a few eyebrows. He didn't care. He sat down on the cloak and open his bottle of water and sandwich. He takes a sips of the water than lays back on the cloak to catch a few rays.

@[member="Hawk Solo"]

Satine found one of the tables that the Senate generally congregated about, smoothing her clothing before she sat down she looked over at a man, or well what appeared to be a Jedi. Were Jedi so nonchalant about their appearance to the Republic that they used their clothing to sleep in the open. Even though the weather was always perfect on Coruscant, well near perfect Was this truly the behavior of a Jedi?

Clearing her throat, "Jedi, you there on the grass, should you be there? Does not your office dictate some decorum on presentation?" She made a slight face as she waited for him to look her way, and respond.

Still laying on his back Hawk turns his head in the direction of the attractive woman who was speaking to him. "It's Hawk. Not Jedi. I do have a name." He says as politely as he could. He really didn't like being called Jedi.

"Probably their is some dictate on decorum of presentation" he says using her words. "but I did restrain my first impulsive. Which was to remove my tunic and go shirt less while catching rays." he says with lopsided smile. It was hard for him to follow the rules sometimes. He had been inside a lot lately. His complexion was a little pale for his liking. He was use to being outside more.. so he took ever opportunity to enjoy it when he was.

"Since I do not know your name it seemed more prudent to call you Jedi by designation, unless you all wear name tags saying who you are" She tilted her head looking at him, noticing that he did not wear a nametag, so at least he was allowed out of the temple on his own.

"Probably so don't you think you should represent them better than appearing to be a rule breaker?" She took out her water, twisting the top off to take a drink. His quip about taking off his shirt, unsettled her slightly.

"Are all Jedi so cavalier about rules?" Satine's entire life had been about rules. She leaned forward to listen to his answer.

@[member="Hawk Solo"]

Hawk sat up and faced her. "That right. The name tag are sew inside the robe. Make it easier for the laundry service." He says playfully. He could tell that,she took life a little too serious.

"Most Jedi follow the rules." He takes a sip of his water. He couldn't help notice that she didn't give him her name. "I am not most Jedi. Miss." He pauses

"Then you risk failure don't you? by not following the rules?" She asked, wondering how many jedi thought like this, and was there an advantage in it that anyone could exploit to their benefit?

She sipped her water again, "Well its good they put in the names otherwise you wouldn't know your clothes from the others, since you all dress alike" She finally shot back in reference to his play on her words about tags.

@[member="Hawk Solo"]

"No, I view as out of the box thinking. How many Padawan do you know start at my age? Not many." His own father would never taken a Padawan at Hawk's age. Nathan would consider him too old to be trained.

Hawk chuckles. He was pleased that woman had a sense of humor. "Well, you know my name. May I have your or shall I call you sweetheart?"

"If you call me sweetheart I'll have no choice but to insult you and report you" she smiled as she said it. "A padawan, at your age...I find that.....odd. I though Jedi were brought in as Younglings?"

She sat back, what name to give him, "I am called Satine" She would not be formal right now, she would banter with him to see what she could learn.

@[member="Hawk Solo"]

He laughs at the idea of being reported for calling someone sweetheart. He could image the look on Iella's face at one. "Yes, normally that is the case. I am unique." He says leaving it at that. He didn't want to get into his family background with stranger he just met. Even if he thought she was pretty.

"Satine, what bring you to boring fest that we call the Senate?"

Satine arched a brow at him, unique hmm.

"I am here to listen to the Senate debate issues which may affect routes near my home world, why are you not off on same peace keeping missin?" Wasn't that what Jedi did, keep the peace. But peace must not need help today if Jedi were lounging in the courtyard outside the Senate.

@[member="Hawk Solo"]

"My Master sent me here today for my training. Still not sure..unless it was to teach me how to stay awake with my eyes open." He finishes his water. "Where are you from? Maybe I can help." He offers. He couldn't place her accent. He knew that she wasn't Corellian or Alderaanian.

Where was she from, now he was starting to get more specific with her. Hmm she wondered, "I'm from Emberlene" Ok what would that tell him, how much did he know about Emberlene, some did not even know the system it was in.

Training, and if he was sleeping during the meeting then it was obvious the training was going well.

Hawk raises an eyebrow at the home world name. "Interesting place." He says quietly. "Sorry about what going on." In his smuggling past, Hawk had brought them weapons and medical supplies.

"Do not be sorry, and I don't understand why you would be?" Life was what it was, it was one thing she had accepted that this was life. She looked around, she did not know if she liked being here. She couldn't go back in for the afternoon session. It was too much to bear.

"What else do you do?" She asked for the sake of conversation.

"I just am. My mom always say that wear my emotion on my sleeves." He was sympathize with Emberlene people. Lunch time must be over people were starting to go back in. He really didn't think he could stand another session.

"Don't laugh I used to be a danseur. That what they call a male ballerina. I was pretty good. I had offers to go pro but I love flying more. What do you do?"

Satine laughed, 'You one of those men who ran around in a pair of tights!" She leaned back enjoying the humor of it all until she realized he was serious, "I'm sure the flying is um...enjoyable" Again she giggled.

"I am an Elder of Emberlene I do politics, and engage people" Yes tactful way of saying what she did, well it wasn't all she did but why would she tell a Jedi what she really did. "Does your family approve of this way of life?"

@[member="Hawk Solo"]

Hawk chuckles lightly. Satine had a very nice giggle. "Yes, I was one of those guys. I was the best." He was use to people reaction to his dancing past. He was proud of what he accomplished. "Flying does require more clothing." He says with a smirk.

"Does my family approve? That is a complicated question for me. My Jedi Master father doesn't know yet. I would assume he would be pleased but you never know with him. My mom is happy. She didn't like it when I was freelancer. She would rather I go back to dancing and settle down."

"She may be right you know, being a Jedi is about being peacekeeper a guardian, your life forfeit whenever." She peered at him rather intently now, "Are you willing to die for your order?" It was interesting what Jedi thought, the way the would either commit or wiggle out of something.

Satine waited, it was interesting waiting for him to contemplate and speak.

@[member="Hawk Solo"]

@Satin D'ulin

"Yes, I am ready to die for a cause I believe in." He answers truthfully. "How about you wouldn't you die for Emberlene and it people? It the same. Sometimes you have to sacrifice your life for the greater good."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom