Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Role-Player In Need

3kac.jpg

There's a saying I've been floating around the Staff Team this week. Mainly 'cause we've had some issues communicating, and some members have been getting their feet wet finding themselves as leaders in this new year. It's always hard, especially to our newer team members. To them, I say this:

"Someone showed faith in you once. Pay it forward."

Members who've been on the Staff team will tell you I'm full of these cheesy sayings. Many more members can tell you I don't take things that seriously around here, despite how many war-mongerers and Factory Statisticians we've got here in the community. Everyone has their niche - from Sith Emperor to Hutt Lord, we all participate in a community of an endless stream of ideas and motivation. Sometimes we let it go too far and find ourselves raging over a game that, in the end, is nothing more than a work of fiction we've created in a collaborative effort. I hold that the most important part of this community is not the words that we write here in this box, but the relationships we form with each other. The friendships, the enemies, the memories and the time you chose to spend here.

This community is important to me, more than I ever expected it would be. And now, a member of this community is in trouble.

Her name is Krissy, some of you may know her as @[member="Coryth Elaris"].

Months ago, she was brought on as a Role-play Judge by the advice of my Staff, and I have had little interaction with her up until recently. Before now, she was just a member of Staff - someone who would post "#tyrannyreigns" when I waltzed in threads and kicked over buckets, and then proceed to ease the minds of members after I had left. She has a gentle touch and has helped around the community since coming here. Sadly, she had to leave the team when her IRL issues became to much, citing to me "medical problems." I gave her another of my cheesy lines I reserve for all members of Staff who leave gracefully.

"Once a member, always a member. We take care of our own."

Despite much hesitation and great emotional turmoil, she came to me recently and explained more of her situation. I won't explain it here, you can read it all on her fundraising page. But I promised I'd do as much as I could to help her. I know I can't help everyone, and I don't expect you to think the same of yourselves - but this is one of those cases that yes, every dollar helps. I've never advertised anything on SWRP, I've often sided with protecting this community from such blatant ads you'll see elsewhere on the interwebs. Furthermore, I've never asked for a dime from anyone in this community - it's all privately funded. Please keep this in mind - I do not make this request of you lightly. Give a little. Show some faith, for someone may return you the favor in the future.

This community is more than the words we write and extends beyond the screen you're viewing this website on. Help me take care of a fellow SWRPer.

Every dollar counts. Even if you can only donate one.​

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
I'll donate. I need to wait until tomorrow to get my paycheck and I can't toss a lot right now, but I'll donate what I can.

Actually... Know what... I'll do a very un-Hutt-like thing. I can't donate much in one go right now, but I can do a little each week.

So, I'm gonna do this:

Each week I'll donate $10 until that little bar hits $1000. Every Friday, starting this Friday.

I shared this on my facebook, hoping that someone will share it in turn and get this spreading around among the people I know. I might be a college student who is dirt broke, but I can spare a little of what I have.

Popo said:
I'll donate. I need to wait until tomorrow to get my paycheck and I can't toss a lot right now, but I'll donate what I can.

Actually... Know what... I'll do a very un-Hutt-like thing. I can't donate much in one go right now, but I can do a little each week.

So, I'm gonna do this:

Each week I'll donate $10 until that little bar hits $1000. Every Friday, starting this Friday.
You know what...I'll do the same.

@[member="Tefka"] @[member="Tamara"] @[member="Circe Savan"] @[member="Popo"] @[member="Vereaux"] @[member="Torjesgo"] @[member="Ven'Rain Sekairo"]

I'm don't even know what to say, already ... it's been so little time and already a lot. I'm ... shocked already. This community is amazing. I can't even put in words what this means to me, and the difference each of you are making in my life outside of this place.

Thank you guys so much, already ... It's more than I expected. To say it's been rough is an understatement, but you guys have given me hope. I'm probably going to say it a million times before this is over, thank you from the bottom of my heart. I wish I could reach through and hug you all. I'm sitting first the first time in a very long time crying tears of joy. I do not know what I'd do without people like you. I really don't.

oh god I'm getting emotional again
*hugs computer*
Good luck Krissy
If you ever need anything else in the future, you know where to come.
We got your back (sort of literally at the moment...)...
Pun was not intended.

Rebellious Vanguard
*Prys Ven away from the computer before she hugs it into pieces*
Well, we're glad we touched you so much Krissy. But that wasn't the intention. We all just want to help a member of our community. Which is like an online family. We love each other, argue, and want to stab one another in the neck with a rusty spork. But at the the end of the day, we'd whatever we could to help one another through a hard time. So, yeah, we're all here for you.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
@[member="Coryth Elaris"]

No problem. I'm always happy to help out where I can. I got into the medical field IRL to help people, but why stop with the people around me? I can help out folks elsewhere, too :) Just let us know how you're doing, okay? I'm sure everyone wants to know how well you're doing and how everything's going :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom