Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction A Perfect Circle

The Doomed
u1hJDU7.png
METALORN

With a gun at your head, with words in your ears - surrender, or die - do you give in, or do you give up?

Two choices, two options - no success, no victory - and only humiliation. 'We were like that once, believed there could only be two choices - believed we could only pick between the options given to us, handed to us.' She thought, the soft tapping of the soles of her feet against stone touching at her ears as she climbed the steps to the start of something new. Her thoughts hearkened not back to a time as recent as the rallying cry for a new empire of Sith, not to a more distant memory of a union of fanatics that crawled like worms under a cult of personality in the core, but to a time lost to history during the schism that birthed their order - to the age that where the free thinkers, the independent minds, grew tired of their chains, grew tired of the dogma of Jedi, of Ashla. She slowed, her eyes darting from left to right, catching sight of the other Sith that filed into the ruined building, its doors broken and torn open for its master to enter.

She felt her right hand ball into a fist, clenching tightly as emotion surged through her like the blood that coursed through her veins.

For the first time in an age the Sith had found themselves split, torn apart by their own greed - their own delusions. Those that splintered away threatened to end the great experiment, to ruin a plan thousands of years in the making - and for what? To wrap themselves, willingly, in the chains of a light that desired no longer to keep them captive, to submit themselves to eradication by a zealous Jedi Order that would turn on them the moment it was opportune? This 'new' Imperial Order was nothing but a return to the old, to submission and restraint. Her feet moved again as the group began to thin, and as she approached the ruined doors she could see them - the Sith, the chosen of the military, and those that had earned their positions in the Imperial Diet. The chamber within was large, and its seats were equal - it hearkened to a time before a Dark Lord, to a time when there was no empire, when there was yet no order.

At the center lay an opening that all the seats, hewn from stone like pews, were arranged around like a ring - a circle - to serve as the floor to speak, and it was there that the woman strode silently to with thoughts of the past, of anger, of frustration, coiling and unfurling within her core like the walls of a storm. There was chatter - there always would be - and there was likely confusion, perhaps from the bigoted Sith that disdained their less fortunate allies for being born without the gift for the touch of the force, unable to feel the embrace of its darkness, and perhaps, too, from the men and women in uniform and the bureaucracy in uncertainty for their inclusion in such a strange gathering.

She took her time, as she arrived at the center of this circle, to sweep her gaze across the faces of those that came in attendance - pivoting on a bare heel so that she could ensure that they were acknowledged. She lifted a scaled right hand, an open palm, to gesture for a request to settle down and for silence, as she came to a halt. The serpents that branched from her head swayed silently, observing those around her with careful gazes, but as she lowered her hand down, to signify that she was to speak, they, too, allowed themselves to hang low as the discordant sound of her voice filled the stale air.

"Brothers, sisters," She began, pausing to give emphasis to the importance of camaraderie - of unity. "Today we gather here, in the ruins of a temple destroyed by a unified Jedi front, to address an existential threat to the Sith as we know it - and all those that live under its banner." She said. "We have been betrayed by those that lived under our own roof, shared our beds, and stood with us, shoulder to shoulder - men and women that now demand we either submit, or we die." This was, perhaps, hyperbole - but the premise of an ultimatum was true enough. "Men and women that have revealed they were never one of our own by insisting that we acquiesce to their demands, exposing their ambition with fundamental misunderstanding of the Sith and its subjects in the rush to impose a betrayal to our own core tenets." She said, like a preacher decrying the sinful in a twisted church of hypocrisies.

"They believe they hold the only options, as the Jedi did during the one hundred years of darkness before the dawn of our order." Alekto continued, her words increasing in fervor as she exaggerated a sense of faux-appallment. "But as we did when the ancestors to our order came to the Sith worlds, we will do today - we will reject their choices, and we will find our own. Through the force our chains, those that our traitorous foes have chosen to so willingly shackle themselves with, will be broken."

"We are an empire, but we are an empire divided - divided as our order has become in its fractured state - so it is on the world of Metalorn, in memory of the violent resistance to those that chose to align themselves with the Jedi, that I call upon us to come together in unity - not merely as a people fighting against a tide that has taken us unaware - but to form a more perfect union, a ring as you have gathered here around me, in equal standing and importance."

"A circle, where the center - that which we come together in preservation of - is our empire."

Last edited:
Hailyn Hailyn

It was an extremely rare occasion when Vanessa Vantai could be coaxed from the isolated corner of her demesne. For so long she had focused on making the enclave that was the Greater Maldrood capable of adequately sustaining itself militarily and logistically in preparation for the moment the Sith shattered. Her rationale for working with people like Darth Voracitos Darth Voracitos and Cara Dorniarn Cara Dorniarn on the creation of such technologies as dreadnoughts and arcane weapons of unfathomable power was built entirely behind the reasoning of preparations for the civil war, a conflict which detachments of her men and fleets still fought in against the remnants of the former Emperor’s Hand’s heretical forces.

For now, she sat at the rear of the meeting. This was a deliberate move - the only ones behind her were the guards, and she knew they would not dare to strike anyone in attendance. A great disturbance in the Force had brought her there, after all. A sense of change. And while Vanessa certainly intended to perk up and comment on the discussion currently being developed, she would wait patiently for Alekto to finish.

It was only polite.

“Learn to obey before you command”
Since Huk, Hont has been working on the sidelines, learning the basics of logistics and being promoted to a Prefect. He hadn’t done muck in a while and was invited to the meeting himself, now at least remembered for his fiery speech made to the emperor.

Hont was sitting right at the front of the room. The soldier, not taking off any of his armour, sat there listening to all that was said.

"We are an empire, but we are an empire divided - divided as our order has become in its fractured state - so it is on the world of Metalorn, in memory of the violent resistance to those that chose to align themselves with the Jedi, that I call upon us to come together in unity - not merely as a people fighting against a tide that has taken us unaware - but to form a more perfect union, a ring as you have gathered here around me, in equal standing and importance."

"A circle, where the center - that which we come together in preservation of - is our empire."

Inside his helmet, a mix of anger and unrest swelled from within him. {Our Empire?} he thought to himself, recalling the hell hole that was Huk, and how the Sith thought they had complete control over the situation even though they were not present fighting to maintain the battlements agains the Huk.

“Our Empire? Equal Standing and Importance? This empire is ruled by the bloody Force!”

Hont stood up from we’re he was sitting, preparing to orate more on what he believed, no, knew.

“Do we get to control who gets the force? No! And you all think that because your born with some strange abilities that you can order us around! That you control this Empire! Bah, I recall that only Force Users had ruled this empire! Just rename it to just The Empire! Get rid of this bloody system if you don’t want a civil war! No one enjoys the system, only those who profit from it.”

“And to demean those who put there lives on the line for this Empire! Those who served at the front and not the religious hooligans? Is this what we have came too? Where the only way to win is to lie, cheat, and betray? Has my DAM FAMILY HAD ENOUGH OF THIS? HAS EVERONE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS? BECAUSE I AM ON THE EDGE! Give me one reason why I shouldn’t pull out my blaster right now and shoot as many people as I can! Give me one reason why you should rule and we should fight! Give me one reason why we are expendable and you are not! Give me one reason to stand in front of you when someone shoots!”

“Give me a reason to die for my Empire.”

The soldier's heated words also reached the ears of Darth Avacyn, one of those who sat in the circle. It created a sense of equality between its members, a notion the woman found herself much more comfortable with. Over the years she had grown tired of the chase for glory and high standing - distractions to that which really mattered - yet it had been all around her, like it was the empire's very lifeblood. This circle, to Avacyn, was a sign of change, of an empire that sought to be a unified force instead of one that chased ranks and titles.

The first order of business, however, was ensuring this meeting didn't end in conflict before it had even begun. Avacyn would make her attempt to do so by speaking her mind, laying out her own view.

"I, too, have fought on the front lines. Put my life on the line countless times for this empire that we built. And you know what? You are right."

The Triumvir got up from her seat and walked towards the center of the circle. She looked around, taking in the faces around her. Not just Sith, but soldiers, bureaucrats, all who had done their part for this empire. All were equally instrumental, yet those gifted with the Force received too much, too often, while the rest were left with the proverbial scraps.

"I have been rewarded too generously for my efforts while men and women like you have received only a fraction for the same dedication. But now, now that we sit here in this circle as equals, that can be changed." A look of understanding met Hont's helmet. "That should be changed."

"So let us begin that change today."

ZmUI5db.png

Benûwia Antares / Darth Xanesh / Ireria Antares
Sith sorcerer, alchemist, historian
u1hJDU7.png
Equipment: Red blade lightsaber (Benûwia) | Red blade lightsaber (Ireria) | Multispectrum disguise suite
Tag(s): Open
bvU6aHX.png

She may not have been a member of THIS Sith Empire too long ago, but the woman was a reverent of tradition and Imperial values had always been important to her. Even those which the present emperor, Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex showed her, that is why he came here today. Even now she was in the form of a blond human woman, the fused souls living in her were in harmony again. Xanes was still looking for her place, after nearly 5,000 years it was harder to integrate than she first thought. However, she found an organization that suited both halves perfectly, so for the time being, she joined the Primyn Group.

Maybe a big step back for a former Dark Councilor, but she still has to fit in, yes, then…

She began to pay attention to the speech. Alekto; she met her on Wayland, they fought side by side on the mountain. She knew the woman as a fierce, fearless warrior, all of these were qualities that Xanesh also respected. As far as she could see, countless other people came here. Ironically, the woman knew no one but the Emperor. She found Alekto’s words convincing and perfect, not only a great warrior but also a good leader, she thought this.

She turned to the speaking soldier, in her own time, therefore, the other would have been dead. Would never have been allowed by anyone at the time, to have something like this, a soldier to talk like that. Disgusting. She would have been very happy to teach this thing what honor is.

But equality? It was a really interesting suggestion, this went quite against what the woman lived and died in, which was brought up, that the Sith are always above all. But, she knew that if she wanted to survive and rise again, she had to adapt even if he doesn’t like something too much. Even if it is contrary to ancient customs and habits. This thought would have been heresy in the past.

”Quite an interesting idea our Lady! Will you tell us how you want to do all this without the collapse of the Empire or civil war Hailyn Hailyn ?” she asked with interest in her voice. ”We will not stand in the way of change and will support it as long as it does not lead to the destruction of the Empire”

Vm9OGHS.png

Y0Yp1u5.gif

Decimus

D
Aut-X listened silently to the points raised by Hont to the rest of the gathered Sith Lords, moffs and other assorted government personnel, flanked by a pair of IG-100 Magnaguards who stood vigilantly at either side of the stone seat he rested upon. He agreed wholeheartedly with them. It wasn't just the Sith that made this Empire great. After all, his recent measures to fully automate the governance, military and fleets of Oversector Two had met with great success, financially and amongst the populace who wanted for little under his benevolent governance.

The old super tactical droid slowly arose to speak, stepping forth slightly so he might better address those gathered. "As you are probably aware, I was never built by this Empire before my appointment as Grand Moff. I served long ago, during the Clone Wars that brought about the ascension of the Republic into a new Galactic Empire, and the dissolution of the Separatist Alliance I once dedicated myself to cause of. I have stood watch for hundreds of years as Empires have risen and fallen, Sith and otherwise. A pattern I have noticed is that the Sith led empires inevitably fall into chaos due to either the politicking or unrivaled dominance of the Sith leading them. The none-force sensitive, while given some semblance of power, are near always overshadowed by their Sith rulers. This is one root cause of why the New Imperials have grown to such strength. They've tired of that status quo."

The droid slowly turned as he spoke to the assembled leadership, hands clasped behind his back in thought. "I would propose that we of the administration who have dedicated ourselves to ensuring that the Empire we have seflessly worked to preserve be granted the additional authority required to ensure it's continued survival. Give the Grand Moffs the power to ensure that we, those without the force, still have an equal say in the rulership of the Empire."

Last edited by a moderator:
“Learn to obey before you command”
"I have been rewarded too generously for my efforts while men and women like you have received only a fraction for the same dedication. But now, now that we sit here in this circle as equals, that can be changed.
That should be changed."

"So let us begin that change today."

Hont thought. A Sith knew what he meant, he didn’t think twice about the Sith’s claim to wether or not they had actually fought but he purely believed so. He listened to the words of others. And then the droid spoke.

"As you are probably aware, I was never built by this Empire before my appointment as Grand Moff. I served long ago, during the Clone Wars that brought about the ascension of the Republic into a new Galactic Empire, and the dissolution of the Separatist Alliance I once dedicated myself to cause of. I have stood watch for hundreds of years as Empires have risen and fallen, Sith and otherwise. A pattern I have noticed is that the Sith led empires inevitably fall into chaos due to either the politicking or unrivaled dominance of the Sith leading them. The none-force sensitive, while given some semblance of power, are near always overshadowed by their Sith rulers. This is one root cause of why the New Imperials have grown to such strength. They've tired of that status quo. I would propose that we of the administration who have dedicated ourselves to ensuring that the Empire we have seflessly worked to preserve be granted the additional authority required to ensure it's continued survival. Give the Grand Moffs the power to ensure that we, those without the force, still have an equal say in the rulership of the Empire."

Hont stood up directly after the droid spoke.

“The Sith there, The droid, both have contributed to this empire by serving on the front or by managing the Empire, yet YOU SITH still rule and lead? I full hardily agree with the droid, but also give more power to us in the military, both deserve more representation and more power!”

Metalorn

When the proclamation to travel to Metalorn had first been issued, he’d assumed it was for his execution.

This panic only lasted until he read the full notice. Thankfully, the summons was for a convocation to Sith-Imperial personnel and not a judgement, sentencing and execution for not stopping Mygeeto from falling in the hands of the New Imperial Order. He summoned a shuttle and begun the long journey from his newly fortified headquarters on Orinackra to the frontier world of Metalorn, avoiding the New Imperial incursion along the Braxant Run.

Aerarii filled into the chamber alongside the gathered Sith Lords and Ladies, Legionnaires, bureaucrats and governors. He had heard of, and attended, gathering like this before. Some had advanced the Sith-Imperial case and brought unity to the disparate individuals who rallied beneath the Emperor’s standard. Others has ignited divisions which continued to burn throughout the galaxy.

On which side of the ledger would this gathering fall?

Hailyn Hailyn called them to order and praised the virtues of unity in the face of their enemies. Tithe rubbed the ring of his left little finger, Skystas Rieve iv Tave Daboti Dvasi, wondering how much protection the alchemised ring would offer against the mind tricks of one as strong as the Triumvir of Power.

Prefect Hont Atellies Hont Atellies - who Tithe had first met back when Host was a Legionnaire - rose. He questioned why his men should die for an Empire in which they were not equal citizens. Aerarii braced himself for the expected outburst.

None came. The Sith themselves agreed.

The bureaucrat sat up straighter to watch the exchange, but remained quiet for the moment. His capital within the Empire had dived Mygeeto. Still, this convocation had the potential for wide-ranging ramifications.

Amur

A
Amur sat uncomfortably in her chair inside the circle and adjusted her cape with her right hand. An effort to hide away the lowly stub that had been formerly her left arm. The many wounds brought upon her as a result of Mygeeto was still fresh. She could feel a tingling sensation begin to emanate and build up within the now empty space, as invisible nerves tried to call out. Amur just gritted her teeth and did her best to ignore it. These spells were growing increasingly common as time waned away from the her time on that frozen hell, sometimes it was just a feeling, but other times though it was a vivid reenactment of it being crushed once again. Pain was normally oddly comforting to her, it told her that she could still feel, that everything was real, it was a measure that could ground her to reality. This phantom pain was none of that. It was salt being rubbed into the gray matter of her mind.

It was a testament to the simple fact that she failed on Mygeeto. Amur's mind had scoured upon countless outcomes if she had still remained in control, if she didn't give in to her primal side and let it ensnare her and enslave her to a blood lust. Sitting here in the circle she listened, but her head sat and angled low. Silenced by shame and frustration trying to rob her ability to think. In a supposed circle of equals she felt less equal than the rest.

She listened to Alekto's calls of unity and the amazing display of bravery from the prefect as he spoke what normally would have warranted smiting. Yet what was ruminating from a few people was solidarity. Maybe that solidarity was of a more cynical nature in an attempt to cling to and gain power in the pecking order. Though maybe the winds of change were blowing through this chamber. Something was stirring here whether it be a summary execution or some actual change for once.

Still the normal elation at the possibilities and opportunities that presented itself to Amur was missing, it was just a hollow collection of words to her. Syllables that were supposed to rouse and stir the right thoughts and actions within the listener but did nothing for her now. None of this would matter if she was just going to bring more failures, a weak link that would break time and time again squandering chances. Thoughts eagerly came flowing in a storm as they dived in and devoured the implications of this. Her remaining hand gripping tightly on her pant leg as she was lost in introspection.

For now Amur was quiet, unsure if she truly deserved a voice in this.

The Inexhaustible
"Yes, we mundanes do need more representation wwithin the Empire but it would be wise for you to stop yelling at your superiora. Espically considering why we are all here"

Thaelius was not impressed by the Prefects apparent rant for equality among the Sith and non-force users however he made solid points. "Every word you say, dear Prefect is correct. The Sith lead, we follow. It's time for that to change. We all have an oath of allegiance to the Emperor and his chosen leaders."

He paused and raised his swagged-stick to his shoulder.

"Grand Moff Aut-X is correct. Give us power to ensure equality among force-users and non-force users is present within the government and the military"

Hailyn Hailyn Onrai Onrai Hont Atellies Hont Atellies Kaalia Pavanos Kaalia Pavanos Grand Moff Aut-X

// INQUISITOR FORDYCE //
//
METALORN //
//
INTERACTING WITH // OPEN //

All this talk of joint unity between the Sith and those below them was beginning to make Jorryn's stomach turn in an unfortunate way, a feeling only exasperated more as both droids and troopers spoke up against the inequality of their Sith overlords. Did they not realize what a blessing it is to be allowed to serve those better than themselves?

Absurd.

A look of annoyance crossed the Silver Haired Sith's face as not only was there not an immediate correction of Hont Atellies Hont Atellies , but that the Sith lords instead began to agree with him. All that Jorryn could do in response was bite down on her cheek, swallowing the protestations. Surely others agreed with the Echani in private, but they too would probably hold these opinions in secret. They could read the room.

If the Inquisitor had a choice in this matter, the Prefect would soon find his corpse smoking on the floor. A testimony to the might of their rightful Sith overlords, an example for the others to follow.

Were they not a meritocratic Empire? Founded on the strength of the individual?

Then why are they discussing terms of equality with those that are so clearly below the Sith, suggestions of unfairness due to a gift that some were born with and some were not. It was a simple thing known as luck, or perhaps destiny depending on who you ask, that chose whether you would dominate or be dominated. If they chose to pursue this route of undue equality, then they would be no better than the Jedi, limiting themselves intentionally for the prosperity of others. Perhaps Jorryn was personally inflicted by greed a bit more than her fellow Sith, but she had already felt stifled by the fact that she couldn't simply gain power through power.

And now they were placing even more restraints on the naturally gifted.

If it wasn't for the ringleader of this meeting, Hailyn Hailyn , the Echani would have been hunched in her chair, a display of disagreement that she wouldn't have to verbalize. Because as unfortunate as it was, the Inquisitor's goals still required her to be liked instead of heard. So she would have to sit here and listen to all this revolutionary ideology, disagree with it as she might.

'Vaylin' remained quiet as she watched and listened to everything going on. Mygeeto was still fresh on her mind, and the physical toll was very much apparent if you looked at the Zabrak for an extended period of time. The general look of fatigue, the slight bags under her eyes, disturbed by the slight wispy aura that seemed to be Vaylin right now.

The reality was that the Valkyrie wasn't physically present. Instead, one of her personal 'Blood Angels'; Gondul, was standing in for her. The towering winged form stood behind the chair Vaylin was seated in, her physical presence allowing for the Zabrak to project a manifestation of sorts. It was the bond she had with Gondul that allowed it, a process that required a lot of concentration to use.

Fortunately, Vaylin was presently elsewhere in the galaxy, in a deep medical sleep to heal her injuries, from both the Invasion and the Netherworld.

She had been there until the end, even beyond the point when the Sith Empire had to pull their forces away. Mygeeto...was the home for the Valkyries, and Vaylin would be damned if she didn't see them to safety. Now the Valkyries were fractured, forced to depart from their home they had for years, with only their Fortress remaining.

Vaylin had escaped, barely. Fatigued from the fighting, new burns and scars formed during that time. She had escaped by physically throwing herself into the Netherworld, which had been a very last resort. The physical, mental and emotional toll was not something you took lightly. Even for Valkyries that had already tied themselves to it.

The Zabrak raised an eyebrow slightly, watching as Kaalia Pavanos Kaalia Pavanos strode from her seat and entered the center, speaking her piece. She also glanced over towards Adriana Fortemps Adriana Fortemps , knowing the Echani would be annoyed at what had already been said.

For Vaylin though? She just remained observant for the time being.

The Lady of Secrets was not happy to say the least. The Siege of Mygeeto had ended with a Sith retreat, even after all their efforts, and they had karking held their positions. But, it had been determined once the storm abated, that it would be better to regroup. Seething, the Dark Councilor had traveled to Yavin IV, right arm newly wrapped in a bacta cast from the injuries suffered during her duel with the NIO Marshal, to speak with someone that had been given a pass for far too long.

The Saaraishash had grown lax in their duties. She had said it before during the secret meeting with the Emperor, how they had allowed this apostasy to fester in the Empire until it torn their order, their unity of purpose, asunder. The reckoning for that had been put off... until now. Darth Zijia had been surprised by her arrival at their headquarters on Yavin, and had offered her... excuses and deflections for the lack of investigations, of oversight, of everything needed to keep the Empire together.

As she strode into the meeting on Metalorn, to take her seat within the circle as the Chiss naval officer spoke, a flick of her wrist would send a distinctive lightsaber skittering across the floor to rest at Adriana Fortemps Adriana Fortemps 's feet. The message would be quite clear. The Inquisitor had just received a promotion, courtesy of Zijia's… untimely demise. The new Lord Inquisitor and she would be having a chat soon enough about fixing the shortcomings of their organization.

Taking her seat, Taeli would keep her silence for now. The idea of returning to the Circle, to what had allowed the Sith Ascendency to grow into the Empire it was now, was just the sort of restructuring needed to begin solving their issues. Hailyn Hailyn had the full confidence of the Emperor, even as he retreated to study the great mystery of Lothal. If he was successful in that... well, their enemies would have bigger problems.

Vaylin Vaylin Onrai Onrai Hont Atellies Hont Atellies Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe Ardana Vorco Ardana Vorco Grand Moff Aut-X Amur Thaelius Thaelius Kaalia Pavanos Kaalia Pavanos

Lirka was the crowning hypocrite, and whilst the Sephi adored to give out long and droning monologues: she despised having to listen to them. In truth, these matters of Imperial unity weighed little on her conscience; when Lirka became the Governor of Moridinae, her progress in the cutthroat game of politics and oppression of the dissident had been staggering. Already the new Grand Moff adored her dark and segmented armored plating with new thin adornments of gold and fine Gems. As always, her emotions hidden beneath.

For the better.

The outrage from Hont Atellies Hont Atellies left her grossly amused, it all did in truth. Anyone who had even the slightest grasp on history, watching the events of the Galaxy churn and unfold knew that Force Cults were inevitably a cancer on all they infected: she knew this truth, though rarely voiced it within the Imperial Fold. The Sith and their Empire was the means to the end, after all. No point in getting new enemies.

Lirka sat there, a silent, unmoving statue among the flaming passions. She spoke, eventually. Her voice as distorted as usual by the helm, but held an air of matter-a-fact boredom to it this time.

“The strong rule. The weak serve under the strong. Such is natural order. Force or not is empty notions in such things.”

A line from her new philosophy, though one that had never been that particularly hidden to begin with. Whatever happened, whatever change rocked the Empire this time, it mattered not. She would continue on, until the day it finally caved in on itself and died, or when Thustra finally fell into her claws.

Vaylin Vaylin Onrai Onrai Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe Ardana Vorco Ardana Vorco Grand Moff Aut-X Amur Thaelius Thaelius Kaalia Pavanos Kaalia Pavanos

Last edited:

Lavria Xedrim

L
Lavria hated political debates just as much as she hated Master Zul's business trips. They screamed of boredom just as much. But once again, he dragged her along to learn. They took their seats toward the middle rows. She did not know anyone personally, just by reputation, so she felt oddly out of place among her own. She had come to the Sith from a very young age. People came and went throughout her time with them, but this was something new.

The Apprentice did not know much about what happened on the front lines - her Master rather utilized her talents in covert missions against Jedi. Thus, she rather kept quiet and listened, as Alekto gave her speech. What was said made sense, but certain people disagreed. The Prefect made it perfectly clear at least. Of course the mundane would rebel against excellence and demand that the weak should lead. But what confused the Zabrak was the fact that Sith Lords agreed as well. Lavria's skin crawled with the unease that swirled around the room. This could be quite a dangerous place if talks were to go awry. With the amount of Dark Side Force users in this room that can harness the negative energy, it can go south rather quickly. She sincerely hoped it did not come to that.

As certain people continued to voice their opinions, Lavria's nose wrinkled. The whole bunch of them were missing the point. They should stop stomping their feet like insolent children trying to one-up one another and rather focus on the true problem - to win back the ground the Empire had lost. The Empire can have all the blasters and bureaucrats in the galaxy, but in the end it's the Force Users that have to keep the Jedi at bay. Everyone had their part to play. So they should play it without crying about it or they should either join the damn Jedi or the traitors that brought about this rift.

The young Apprentice was not impressed by how complicated they were trying to make it. It was all quite simple really - just shut up and do the job you're good at. If you start complaining about odds and ends, it's time to leave. Or die, depending on who's toes you stepped on. She really did not care about complaints - there were Jedi and other scum out there that needed killing. But she kept her thoughts to herself for now, and rather just watched and listened, feeding the Dark Side with her pent up anger at this whole temper tantrum that was unfolding.

The outburst of Hont Atellies Hont Atellies caused Vanessa's attention to stir with a hint of frustration. She slowly stood up in response, anger bubbling beneath her skin. Her brain coalesced words and sentences that would soon expel themselves from her mouth with an appropriate utterance.

"Because those older than you and more loyal than you have done so longer than you." Vanessa's hand pointed towards a pair of Dark Troopers, a part of the gestalt security contingent brought in to guard the meeting. "That man? He was an officer in the Imperial Stormtrooper Corps of the Sith Empire. Not this Empire, but the one I and others in here came from, the first Sith Empire to rise after the galaxy began to rebuild from the Gulag plague. He was critically injured during the collapse of that Empire, after having spent years of service under a government that had abandoned him. I spent the time to give him the necessary augments to return to a physical condition where he could still fight. For twenty years he served with me in the Unknown Regions as we met horrors that are beyond your comprehension. And even now, well past what should have been his biological prime, he still serves me. Devote yourself loyally to your leaders within the Sith, and your leaders will showcase their loyalty to you when you need it."

Vanessa's eye soon came across Kaalia Pavanos Kaalia Pavanos , an infrequent associate who had helped set up the Nathema monolith that kept the planet's remaining Dark Side energy concentrated within a certain area. She was surprised at the progressive leanings of her fellow Sith, and could say nothing new to her that she had not already said to Hont. Neither could she say more to Ardana Vorco Ardana Vorco regarding such, though she viewed this increasingly egalitarian view as an unnecessary surprise.

The droid, Grand Moff Aut-X, spoke. Upon his finishing, Vanessa responded. "You're right. You weren't built during this Empire. That said, you were built by a governmental power that was directly masterminded into existence by the Sith, which fought against a political faction ultimately controlled by the Sith as well. As for Empires, consider the Galactic Empire after Palpatine. Its closest semblance of prominence came from his resurrection in a clone body. Not from Thrawn, not from Isard, not from Daala, and not from Pellaeon. Even the Empire that formed prior to the Gulag plague was led by Force Users, from the Fel family and eventually by the One Sith prior to their defeat. The Sith have always maintained a dominant presence within leadership of that which they have created and controlled."

The comments of Thaelius Thaelius caused her to sigh internally. "Representation is earned through merit, not gained through open politicking. The finest of the non-Force Users to have served in the many Empires over the years achieved their position and survived the wrath of the Sith through their skill, their respect, and their acceptance of the way things have been. They became strong in order to lead those weaker than them effectively because of the circumstances they were put through. It was those conditions that proceeded to make them suitable for what they did in life."

Vanessa would wait, curious as to who would speak up and challenge her on this.

The Inexhaustible
"I agree with you are saying but we must examine our strategy carefully and augment it as such. If we don't, more systems will flock to the rebellion and at this moment time is thier ally"

Deep down, they had to know it was true. Thaelius himself noticed that Sith Lords and Ladies were almost always rivaled by non-force users who outranked them. Or the other way around. Either way, if it continued it would be thier undoing.

Speaking of Non-Force Users, where was Croscal? The Grand Marshal of the Sith-Imperial Armed Forces was no where to be seen. Disturbing. "We are all bound by oath of allegiance to this Empire and it's Emperor. Regardless of how we fulfill that service, we must do it together. Pointless bickering and arguing will get us nowhere"

He smiled at what he thought next. "Fear is the key. Not just physical fear of our forces but deep, conscious fear of our power. We need to show them that traitory will not be tolerated at all. I propose a counterattack. Not an immediate one but a well organized and well executed combined arms attack on one of thier worlds"

Onrai Onrai Hont Atellies Hont Atellies Ardana Vorco Ardana Vorco Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe Grand Moff Aut-X Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf Lirka Ka Lirka Ka Those I Missed

Avacyn, seated once more, took her time soaking the sentiments that lingered within the chamber. Though she had voiced her agreement with Hont Atellies Hont Atellies it clearly had not fulfilled its secondary goal in tempering emotions. Differences of views and opinions were nothing new - nor were they inherently problematic - but although the meeting had just barely begun tensions were already rising, albeit slowly. The woman had her own opinions on the matter, but it would only help with derailing the conversation further. This meeting was to create unity before a great enemy, something Avacyn's own call to action had sought to reinforce.

But now, things were quickly devolving into pointing fingers. Those who believed the Sith were simply superior and those who weren't gifted with the Force, but demanded recognition nonetheless. Perhaps it was true that a Sith was simply more powerful, but those without the Force weren't just inferior. The Force was a tool, but not one that made you more intelligent, cunning, or experienced. A brilliant general didn't need the Force to lead an army and an exceptional grand moff didn't need the Force to run their oversector. Weren't their efforts worth just as much as a Sith's?

Instead, things were taking a turn towards a debate who was superior. It didn't anger Avacyn, but it did leave her with a sense of disappointment.

Fallout
u1hJDU7.png
There was discord, there was unease, disagreement, and dissent - she had expected as much, there always would be when people were faced with change. There was outcry at her words, decrying her speaks of equal representation - of even ground - and she could understand why, as she spoke as though the future had already been realized while they still lived in the past. The Sith and the military and its bureaucracy had been separate, division tactics meant to prevent the Sith beneath the emperor from amassing too large of an influence, but it had been assembled in a manner to favor the Sith still - so as not to bring the focus back on himself. It was a simple strategy, to scapegoat those beneath the throne as responsible for the division and the discontent and avoid the demands for what was right by creating an incentive for ambition to rise above one's fellow man with artificial walls and barriers to progress.

Walls she was now tearing down, walls that those in attendance had misunderstood as permanent structures that needed occupation rather than destruction. Such was the return to the circle, where all stood and sat together with no barriers between each other. She could not find fault in them for lacking the vision to understand the direction the winds were moving, they were not the architects of its birth as she was. With a deep inhale she closed her eyes and took a step back - letting the words, the raw emotion, of those that spoke, that felt, wash over her like a wave. She exhaled, her chest falling as the air held in her lungs escaped from her lips. "Perhaps I misspoke, perhaps my words were not blunt enough to make clear the meaning behind my declaration - a declaration I am afraid was misinterpreted as a rallying cry to motivate." She said at last, the serpents that had hung from her head now coiled close to her face like curled locks that stared back at those who looked towards her. "I am not asking for you to do anything further for your nation, this is not a request for those of us who have been tread upon to make sacrifices in ignorance to the great pains they have already suffered for the growth of our empire at their expense." Alekto explained, lifting her right hand to gesture towards the broken roof over their heads. There, like a living mural, were phantom specters of the fallen, faceless, soldiers of the Empire that had bled every last drop of their blood for them marching in place until she lowered her hand for the image to dissipate into strands of light that faded into nothing.

"You perceive a superior positioning in the Empire for the Sith, those born lucky, and you see this privilege as something out of reach." Alekto said, turning to look at each individual in the eye - taking note of the clear separation of Sith from droids, droids from organics, and those without the force from those with the force. Divided, as she had claimed. "This is not inherent, and it was never meant to be this way - this Empire was founded on the principles of a circle of voices that would dictate how the Sith and their collaborators would ascend. The divisions, these barriers to ascension for the soldiers, for the diplomats, and for the common man were wrought by greed, fear, and by ambition, but not by the design present at its origin."

"You will tolerate these walls no longer - we gather here today to destroy them, to tear them down, so that the men and women that have bled for our empire, that have toiled at the expense of those that have a number far too small to be the sole voice of our empire, may have equal say." She declared
, stepping forward with her arms spreading wide. "Why would I ask you to die for your Empire? Each and every one of you are as important as the rest - I have fought alongside each and every soldier at the front lines against the Jedi, against the traitors that have sewn further division in our ranks, and I could never tolerate a broken system that seeks to push down those that should be pulled up. We are only as strong as the sum of our parts, to smother our soldiers is to amputate ourselves at the foot, to silence our diplomats is to cut out our tongues - what masochistic design is this?"

"That is why we are here, to light the flame anew - I speak of you, all of you, with equal importance because that is what you are now."

"Those that work for the betterment of this Empire, regardless of whether they are a soldier or a wielder of the force, whether they work through words or with guns, will be pushed up to the center of this new circle. The council, the moffs, and the leaders of our military will come together - and those that have worked hard will be pulled up and recognized for their efforts and the sacrifices they have made."

"The Archdomus of our Armada, the Executor of our Legion, and the Exercitator of our Starfighter corpsmen will no longer answer to a Sith on a council - they will sit with them, as equals. Our Grand Moffs will no longer be pressured by Sith to adhere to their desires, they will speak the voice of the people they guide with the same power as the person they once were subservient to."

"And those that number our fragile order, we will not suffer nepotism and favoritism any longer - all great works, great actions, will be rewarded, and though you were born gifted you will be given room to grow all the same. Our council will be a part of this new circle, though it will no longer encompass the total control of our Empire, and those of you who strive to aid your compatriots and those born without your inherent strength will see yourselves there - with a voice that will speak to the Emperor as I act as his own to speak to you."

"A rule of might that makes right only made us weaker, divided - let us come together, through unity, and pull each other up so that we may all ascend. You say let the strong rule - I say let us all become strong."

Thaelius Thaelius Kaalia Pavanos Kaalia Pavanos Onrai Onrai Lirka Ka Lirka Ka Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe Grand Moff Aut-X Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf Lavria Xedrim Amur Ardana Vorco Ardana Vorco AMCO AMCO Adriana Fortemps Adriana Fortemps Vaylin Vaylin Hont Atellies Hont Atellies

Decimus

D

As the Grand Moff returned to his seat and listened to Darth Alekto's speech, he applauded in acknowledgement. "Hear hear! I concur with Darth Alekto's vision. My logic processors calculate such a path will lead to a glorious future for the Sith Empire and it's peoples. In our unity, we shall strike back at the New Imperial traitors and their attempt to seize our territory.", Aut-X said with a tone of agreement.

The Tactical Droid once more arose to speak. "I will take this opportunity to make an announcement to that regard. Since my appointment as Grand Moff, I have dedicated myself fully to a grand project, recently sped along due to my automation of certain elements of Oversector Two's political and military structure. I am PROUD to announce the completion of a grand Sith-Imperial Droid Army and Navy with which to counter the increasing threat of the New Imperial Order. Billions of newly constructed battle droids and a thousand new ships now stand ready to defend our realm from our enemies. Let that which has occured today be the beginning of a new age for the Sith Empire, and beginning of the end for ALL who would stand against our mighty cause!"

Hailyn Hailyn Hont Atellies Hont Atellies Adriana Fortemps Adriana Fortemps Thaelius Thaelius Kaalia Pavanos Kaalia Pavanos Amur Ardana Vorco Ardana Vorco Vaylin Vaylin Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom