Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Noble Cause

Kahlil_Div2.png

Oh thank the Force there was actually something else here to do than talk about the attempted kidnapping.

Kahlil let out a sigh of relief before flashing a smile and nodding. Food was, as ever, something he did enjoy. So, yes. He got right up, flashed Valery a brief grin. Silas was going to have his own Padawan? Good. Might be good for them both to help around here. The cities were safe, at least.

"Is it the local cuisine?"

Valery Noble Valery Noble | Liin Terallo Liin Terallo

I do indeed lead the way. Afterall my guests are not accostumed to the layout of my apartment. Well actually it belongs to the Terallo family. There are dozens of rooms. My parents have their own wings just as I have mine. The dining hall, however, is situated in one of the common areas that is shared by all of us. The staff have their own downstairs. I have been there once or twice and although it is different, I find it to be an enjoyable place that one could eat in as well.

I lead them both down the hall. "Yes Mister Nobel, most of our foods are of the local cuisine. One some occasions we have other foods imported, but there is not much of a need for it. I have found that I get to sample other foods when I am visiting other planets." It does not take us long to reach the dining hall. The double doors are opened for us and the second that they are the smell of deliciousness drifts into our noses. A long table is covered halfway with towers of different types of bite sized sandwiches and desserts. And of course there is tea of various herbs to cater to a variety of tastes. " I hope that it is all to your liking. Otherwise something else can be prepared instead." I do not know what their appetites are like. Are Jedi on a strict diet? There is so much that I do not know about them.

Tag: Valery Noble Valery Noble Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

New_Cov.png

New Cov
div-orange.png
Outfit: Casual | Wedding Ring
Appearance: Link
Weapons:
Lightsaber
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Liin Terallo Liin Terallo

"You know, even though I lived here for most of my life, I've never really tried much of the local cuisine." She smiled sheepishly at that. At the Jedi Temple, it was more common to make your own meals or eat what the Temple provided. The one benefit was that the variety in species among the Jedi also meant that very different types of foods and beverages were often available.

But still, she probably should have tried more local food as well.

The three soon entered the dining hall, and Valery's eyes immediately fell on the long table with food and different types of tea. She loved to cook, and she loved what Kahlil made, but this was definitely something else. Valery wasn't used to elaborate dinner parties like this at all.

"Wow, it's... I'm sure there will be plenty here that we like." She chuckled and got seated next to her husband somewhere along the table. "It looks and smells amazing, and I didn't know there were even half as many types of tea in the Galaxy."

Her eyes then shifted back up to look between the two. "I'm honestly quite grateful for this invitation, Mrs. Terallo. Our interactions with politics haven't been... great, so I'm quite happy that it can be better as well." She looked at Kahlil for a moment. He wasn't around when they had tried to bomb her on that train, but he knew that she had been taking more distance from getting involved in politics after it.

Kahlil_Div2.png

There was quite the spread.

Kahlil chuckled a little as he reached out to take a sample of the food. Then frowned, just a little. The train, Cora's family. HIs own family. There was very few examples of good politics he could think of from their time as Jedi. Perhaps it was something with the Alliance. Even when he and Rhemti went to help another of the Senators, it was a cruel man who cared little about the people the two Jedi were called on to help.

"Lots of fancy words to avoid saying anything, that's the usual conversation. I've never been a fan of those who'd rather dance around a subject to try and confuse someone else than be honest about their intentions."

I take my seat after they do and begin to start making my own selections to go on my plate. It is not very difficult for I have my favorites that the staff are well aware of. I just hope that my guests like them too.

I listen to their dismay in regards to their interactions with politics. It is a game that is not for everyone. I know of that well enough! In truth I could not live the life of a Jedi. We each have our own strengths and our own path.

"I am sorry that your experiences have been poor. I have heard that the Galactic Alliance Senate is a little dysfunctional in it's own right. I hear that they fail to understand that what works for one planet in regards to laws and government body does not work for all. So there are some worlds that are thinking of independence. I have been to Coruscant a couple of times and have yet to see what transpires in political debate. There are rumors that Galactic Alliance territory may spread through New Cov. For the moment I hope that it is not true. The Board of Directors will seek assurances if that is to be the case."

New_Cov.png

New Cov
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

"The senate, to me, just never seems to learn from their mistakes. Even now, I fear that many will choose to pretend that there really is peace in the Galaxy. While at the same time, a different group of Sith is raiding planets in the Outer Rim." She sighed frustratedly and looked at Kahlil while she grabbed her food together. He also knew they couldn't turn a blind eye to the problems there, but they also both understood there were other issues.

The core and even Alliance planets away from the core needed to recover from the war with the Maw.

"As for New Cov, the Alliance does not conquer worlds or force them into joining on their terms. Should their borders reach this planet, I'm sure you can work something out. Just... make sure to really stand up for what you think is best for your people here." Judging by her tone, it was clearly important to Valery as well. She didn't really trust the Senate anymore, so if left unchecked, she genuinely believed it would become a problem.

"Kahlil has seen it, too. Your latest interactions with politicians, except for Alicio, have been..." she sighed and decided to turn to her food for a moment.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"I wouldn't consider that person a noble. For what they did, they should feel very lucky all I did was punch them." Kahlil was rather casual about it, but he certainly wouldn't use any identifiers. Too many others had already had to deal with the repercussions of his actions. He let out a sigh before turning his gaze towards the food he'd gotten. Smiled as he took a bite. The food was good. And man, did he love his food.

"This is good though. Very good."

My brows furrow with concern as the pair of Jedi tell me their feelings on the current state of the Senate. It is very discouraging indeed and not one that fills me with confidence over the Galactic Alliance's governing body.

"I am sorry to hear that the Senate is not functioning as it should. Perhaps it has grown too large and if I may be so bold; too self-centered? It could be that that is why it turns a blind eye away from continued threats."

I share in the comment that the sandwiches are good. And indeed they are a fine distraction for them. However my mind is completely on the Senate and other more recent conversations that I have had with others concerning the government in the Core. They may fall as so many others have if they are not careful.

"New Cov will be protected. Through many contracts I have been gaining allies from different corners of the Galaxy that are aiding us on that front. Each of them are but small pieces in a larger picture."

New_Cov.png

New Cov
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

"That has historically always been an issue," Valery agreed with the woman. "There are senators who care immensely about people of the Alliance, such as Alicio Organa. But there are some with shady business partners and a tendency to focus only on their own interests." She wasn't going to make direct accusations, but she knew a few who certainly could not be trusted.

Not by the Jedi, or anybody, really.

For just a moment, her husband's comment snapped Valery about the more depressing thoughts regarding politics, and she did enjoy the food. But it was hard not to circle bsck around to something that was worrying her a lot more recently.

"That's good. You have to make strong allies and keep them close. And as dysfunctional as the senate might seem at times, it can still be worth talking to them. Not all senators are terrible, and it's important we keep supporting the good ones."

Valery then sighed and turned to Kahlil, "Do you think there is anything more we can do to help her? I don't want New Cov to become a political battlefield either."

I still find their comments about the Senate disheartening. If I was to lend my voice there to the Senate, will I even be heard amongst the rabble? I am just a Representative, afterall.

"If you could procure me a list of Senators that I should watch out for, that will be of great help." Alicio Organa is mentioned and I take a mental note to remember that name for the future as being one of the good ones.

I drink my tea and feel a bit optimistic in regards to meeting Senators that are deemed to be trustworthy and good for their people. "I shall like it very much to meet them. I am capable of visiting their worlds if it is easier for them." Precautions have already been put in place to help ensure that another kidnapping attempt will not occur.

New_Cov.png

New Cov
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

"You're right."

She looked at Kahlil and dipped her head before she glanced back at Liin, "I don't think we should be the ones to warn you about politicians. My advice would be to meet Alicio Organa and talk about the Senate with him. He has a better perspective on it, and I trust that he'll be honest with you about what it's like." There were others too, but she knew that Alicio would be able to introduce her to them.

"You could invite them here or perhaps meet them on Coruscant. I don't know how much exposure you've had to planets in the core or just outside New Cov, but it might be an interesting experience." Coruscant, Alderaan, and many other planets were all fascinating in their own way. Even if the politics could sometimes be a little much.

For a moment, Valery then focused on her tea, and she seemed to relax a little further. Her husband's support earlier had already calmed her down, but she was glad that everything had been going well.

"Maybe we could even introduce her to Adonis," Valery then added with a chuckle. "Although I'm not sure how much the Epicanthix and people of New Cov could work together."

It is a political move that the Jedi give me. They just might not realize it. Or it can very well be that they do.

I give a small smile and nod my head in acceptance. "Alicio it is, then." I bring up my tea cup, cradling it in my fingers before I sip from it. Such a lovely tea with a wholesome blend. I am glad that my guests are enjoying it.

"I have been to Coruscant a couple of times. There is a lovely hotel chain there that I've been to. My Father had arranged it. The owner and I got along really well. So everything can be taken care of for my next journey there."

New_Cov.png

New Cov
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

"Mhmm, they need time," Valery agreed before she turned to Liin again with a smile. "Alicio is of course only one senator, so there are others you might wish to meet. Not necessarily just for politics related to the Alliance either. If you need help to get in contact with any of them, feel free to ask one of us."

While she didn't really interact with all of them that much, she knew where and how to find them.

"But uh..." Valery rubbed the back of her neck and considered everything they had talked about thus far. "I don't think I had anything else serious that I wanted to discuss. You seem to know how to move forward, and you know that the Jedi will be more than willing to offer protection."

She finished up her cup of tea and turned to her husband.

"Thank you very much. I shall look into creating a contact list soon enough." There is little that I know about the Senate. I have heard of it's dysfunction from one of it's members and there is much that needs to be improved upon. But that is not up to me to attempt. I hold no power outside of New Cov and even here that power is minimal.

I smile at the jest and take a bite out of another sandwich. It is one of my favorites with pickled veggies and some meat.

"Are you more of a man of action then?" I am sure that these two have plenty of stories to share of their adventures.

New_Cov.png

New Cov
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

Valery snickered at Kahlil's response. He definitely wasn't the most social or talkative person, but he was better at it than he gave himself credit for. Everybody he met respected him, and so many looked up to him as well. But Valery's perspective was perhaps a little biased — they weren't just husband and wife, they were also best friends.

At Liin's question, Valery sipped quietly from her tea to hide a huge smirk. A smirk that she quickly turned in his direction to tease and mess with him a little.

A man of action? Yeah, that sounds about right at least from Valery's point of view. Although he also wasn't the type to jump into action recklessly and without thought. For now, she was going to let him answer it though, and just enjoy the playful smirk she was able to shoot his way.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"I'd rather do something than talk about it, yes."

Kahlil took a slow sip of his drink, not daring to look over towards Valery. He could feel her expression. Literally. The advantages of their bond through the Force, usually. Right now? Maybe not as helpful. He cleared his throat before finally looking her way.

"Of course, as Jedi we should naturally try to talk first."

I watched the verbal and non-verbal exchanges betweent the two. It is much like what I have witnessed from my parents when there are no public or staff present. I hope that it lasts for them.

I then return my focus to the discussion at hand. "Yes, I am well aware that politicians do a lot of talking. However there is a lot of listening involved as well, which can bring about an understanding. And sadly, the talking or sometimes a lack thereof leads to war. I just hope that I am never to be the cause of one."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom