Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Noble Cause

I find it interesting to discover that there are a lot more Jedi on New Cov than I had ever expected. For most of my life I had never come across one at all. At least not to my knowledge. The same can be said in regards to the Sith as well. And yet I have learned that there is a Jedi Temple within the jungles of New Cov. It is a great hiding spot, to be sure, for there are very few that would brave being out there in the jungle and not within the safety of one of the biodomes.

So what are they like? Outside of their magical abilities, what makes them different? What makes them the same? How trustworthy are they? Do other governments use them as advisors? Or are they more or less monks, isolated until they are required in battle?

There is so much that I do not know, and so much that I should. If I am to understand more about the Galaxy as a whole, and just what kind of state it is in; holonews rhetoric aside, then I must speak with some of them.

And who better to start of with than one that had recently saved my life? I sent out an open invitation for her and some of her friends to visit my apartment in Ilic for High Tea.

Tag: Valery Noble Valery Noble Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

New_Cov.png

New Cov
div-orange.png
Outfit: Casual | Wedding Ring
Appearance: Link
Weapons:
Lightsaber
Tag: Liin Terallo Liin Terallo Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

This was important to her.

Kahlil would easily be able to tell, but Valery was walking faster, seemed more serious about her appearance, and all day long, she had been watching the time and urging him to hurry up, even though there was no way they'd arrive late. It was perhaps annoying to anybody else, but he'd know where it came from. She might have been born on Keshi, but New Cov was much closer to being her homeworld than Keshi.

Finally, there was a representative who cared about this planet as well.

"It's right here. I met her a while ago after I rescued her from a crash in the jungle. She's very kind and... she cares." Valery squeezed her husband's hand and interlaced fingers. With her free hand, she knocked on the door and waited for it to open. Valery wasn't often nervous, even when going into intense fights, but she definitely seemed to be right now.

Having her husband with her would luckily help a lot.

Last edited:

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil raised a brow. He turned his gaze down towards Valery, squeezed her hand in turn, but the confusion was clear on his face. Why was she so nervous? They'd dealt with all manner of politicians and monsters and powerful Sith Lords.

"Breath. We're just talking to the locals. You make it seem like they hold your life in their hands or something. I'm sure they're far friendlier than most of the others we've met."

Valery Noble Valery Noble | Liin Terallo Liin Terallo

High Tea is one of my favorite times of the day. There I can eat at my leisure and sample on a number of assorted sandwiches and desserts. Often times I am with either one of my parents or on my own with a good book.

But today is different!

I wear a dress that is simple in it's design and is extremely comfortable. My Mother is not very fond of it as it does nothing to flatter my figure. Yet I am on a day off from my duties. Given that I do not have much by the way of friends, I have much hope in that I can gain at least one today. Having friends is a double-edged sword in the world of politics and so I must tread carefully.

A knock is heard at my door and I nod my head to the staff to open it. There are no announcements to be made for this is not a formal ocassion.

I smile warmly as I spot my Jedi hero and her guest. I approach midway and gesture for them to step inside. "Good afternoon. Thank you for accepting my invitation. Please come in and make yourselves comfortable." There are an assortment of small sofas and chairs for the pair to choose from. Some prefer firm seats while others prefer something more soft. I do hope that that at least one of them is to their liking.

New_Cov.png

New Cov
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber
Tag: Liin Terallo Liin Terallo Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

"I am breathing," Valery said, her eyes narrowing at him. "This is just... New Cov is important to me, that's all." She smiled again and kept her grip on his hand steady while they knocked on the door and waited for it to open. Rather quickly, the familiar woman appeared, and Valery greeted her with a dip of her head.

"It's good to see you again, and this time I brought my husband with me," Valery said with a loving smile. Together, they'd enter the room and she chose a spot for them to sit — on the couch, so she could sit right beside him while they talked to the New Cov representative.

"Thank you for the invitation as well. It's not often that we get to meet with politicians as much, but it's a good thing we're changing that a little, hm?" she looked at Kahlil and chuckled.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"I know. Just wanted to remind you of how amazing you are." He flashed a grin as he squeezed her hand one last time. Then the door opened. He didn't let go of her hand, but smiled and dipped his head to the woman there. Not someone he'd met, that much was for certain. Probably should've sooner rather than later, given the temple he'd reopened on world. Whoops. He chuckled a little to himself.

"It's a pleasure to meet you. I know it's a little late, but the Jedi here are always willing to help the people who live here, where we've built a home. Don't hesitate to ask for our help."

Liin Terallo Liin Terallo | Valery Noble Valery Noble

I take a seat opposite to the pair. I cross my feet at the ankles and tuck them in underneath as much as I can. My back is straight and poised as I lightly fold my hands on top of my lap. It is second nature for me, whereas it is second nature for others to slouch.

"Jedi can marry? I thought it was forbidden to them? Or is that merely an old tradition that no longer stands?" One day I will marry as well. But I have yet to be courted. It is only recently that I have begun to leave Ilic and make myself known. So perhaps on one of those trips I will meet my match. It is an intriguing thought but I cannot focus on it too much. There are far more important duties on hand for me to accomplish.

"And yes I do believe that having Jedi nearby will be a great benefit. I have been giving warnings of the potential dangers when it comes to having our biomolecules more available on the open market. And with the attempted kidnapping of myself, we cannot take our chances on a false hope that New Cov is forever safe."

New_Cov.png

New Cov
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Liin Terallo Liin Terallo

She wasn't sure how he always managed to do it, but it worked.

His compliment, the squeezing of her hand - she was all smiles and no longer seemed to feel all that nervous anymore. She settled beside him on the couch with her usual confidence and turned to the woman, so they could answer any questions she might have regarding the Jedi.

The first one was surprising, even though it probably shouldn't have been.

"Jedi have been allowed to marry for quite a long time now. Since the Skywalkers rebuilt the Order. But traditionally, Jedi were not allowed to form attachments, which included marriage." Valery smiled and lovingly looked at her husband. "I grew up and lived most of my life during a time when it was forbidden, but now I can't imagine a Galaxy where it's not allowed anymore." She looked back at Liin and chuckled. "Jedi just have to remain cautious that the bonds they form don't completely control their lives."

On the topic of danger and having Jedi nearby, Valery sighed. "Our Temple here isn't visited as frequently but if you ever need Jedi help, feel free to call us. Perhaps my husband can arrange Jedi to keep an eye out in the cities as well." He was the shield, after all. Protecting people was his specialty.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"It's not frequented often, but there are staff there. Jedi who can help, or at least reach out to those who can easier."

Kahlil leaned back in his seat, getting slightly more comfortable in his seat. He flashed Valery a similar smile, but didn't let it linger too long. He was far more open about how much he cared for her, but this was still more business than just meeting new friends.

"So, can you tell me more about this kidnap attempt?"

I can imagine of how such a bond of marriage can control another's life. I have read often enough about it in novels and have even seen it in those romance/comedy holomovies. I have not witnessed it myself, however. My parents love eachother dearly but they both have always put duty first. The same is even directed in their love for me. I have always been meant to follow in their footsteps which makes it all the easier.

I smile as I study the two of them. It is quite easy to see their connection and I am very pleased for them. In times of endless wars it is good for them to find some moments of peace.

"Any protection for New Cov and it's citizens are welcome. We have been fortunate thus far during my lifetime." I keep my focus on the two of them, gradually shifting from one to the other as I respond to a question of my own misadventure. "The attempted kidnapping was planned out. Some members of my staff were killed in the crash that was caused by explosives on the pipes. I was injured and then carried away by people that used Force magic to trick us. My only thought as to the motive for that attempt is for the purpose of holding me hostage. I am just glad that their attempt had failed."

New_Cov.png

New Cov
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

While they didn't let it linger too long, given the circumstances, Valery felt comforted by the exchange of loving smiles. So when she turned back to look at Liin, she could continue the rather serious conversation about the woman's protection. She hadn't even been actively working for all that long, and already people were trying to take her out because of what New Cov has to offer.

It was something this planet wasn't all that used to. At least not since the Jedi had a more active presence.

"Near the crash site, I fought some of the attackers until the fight drew too much attention from the jungle. We were forced to leave and these jungles tend to reclaim whatever is taken from it. We could launch an investigation there but I fear it's risky, and we might not find much." She looked at Kahlil for his input about it.

"But I do believe this wil happen again. Addressing the source will help, but increased security will never hurt."

Kahlil_Div2.png

"We'll find more than you think. I'll bring my Padawan along. Capris isn't skilled yet, but it would be good exposure for her Psychometry." Capris Halcyon Capris Halcyon and Rhemti Totriddiam Rhemti Totriddiam both would be helpful in this regard. Capris to potentially find information in the past, and Rhemti to help keep the jungle creatures calm. Good exposure and training for them both, hopefully without the dangers of an actual war.

"If they were using the Force, I think it'd be important to have a Jedi close by. Is there anyone you can think of that might be up for the task, Valery?"

I do not like the idea of this kidnapping attempt happening to me again. Once was more than enough. The very idea of it is dreadful. And if it is not to happen here; then where?

I am glad that my Father has hired me more security. They will join me on all of my trips out of New Cov. I also am working hard at gaining everyone's favor instead of creating a list of enemies. One fortunate thing is that there is no competition when it comes to biomolecules. However that does not stop a large army from invading the planet. Yet with the deals that I have been securing; having customers from a variety of different sectors could maintain our status as a sanctuary world.

And at least the jungles will fight invaders as well.

I listen to the Jedi couple speak about an investigation into those that attempted to kidnap me. "Their faces kept changing. It may be difficult to know what they really look like. The one that carried me was very strong." I was nearly crushed in her arms as I struggled to try to break free. At least those bruises have healed.

New_Cov.png

New Cov
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

Valery listened to them both and spent a moment in silence to think. She finally let out a soft sigh and turned to Kahlil, "I am a practitioner of psychometry as well, albeit not a great one, but I know the risks of it. If you take Capris there, make sure she doesn't use it on weapons or other items closely related to the people who lost their lives. The ability doesn't just show memories, but emotions as well. Anything related to death or the dark side could drive her insane, literally." She had once used it to help a friend learn about his deceased parents, and that had completely overwhelmed her. Capris was far younger, and not as experienced.

She then looked at Liin and dipped her head, "They were mist-weavers, so anything we do see, we should be careful with. Their appearances might not have been their true ones." The last thing they needed was to go after someone they had looked like, but hadn't actually been there.

Finally, she looked back at Kahlil and hummed, "Only Jedi who are familiar with New Cov. Don't send your Padawans alone - join them and teach them about these jungles. Other than us, maybe Silas? I trained him here as well. I could also ask Cora to help but I don't know many other investigators anymore." Usually she would have contacted Dagon, but he had disappeared.

"I do trust others, but I just feel better if someone familiar with the planet is at least there to oversee things." It was, as always, her protectice side speaking.

I listen quietly as the two Jedi discuss the team to be involved in this investigation. This is a strange thing to me given that I have never been involved in an investigation before; let alone one that specifically involved myself.

"Is there any way that I can be of assistance?" I do not know any Force magic, but I was heavily involved in the kidnapping attempt. Afterall I was the target! Certain precautions will now need to be taken in the near future for any time that I leave or return to New Cov.

New_Cov.png

New Cov
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

"Back-ish," Valery said with a slight nod. "But I'm going to assign Silas Westgard Silas Westgard to lead this, and he can bring in others he trusts. Silas knows these jungles and I'll have him report to me because I saw the people involved." New Cov was also basically her homeworld, so she was going to make sure all updates reached her.

She wouldn't handle the investigation herself, but she could be the point of contact on the Council.

Valery then looked at Liin and smiled, "If you can offer your assistance when they have questions, that would already be wonderful. Maybe arrangements within the city if they need it as well?" It was likely the attackers came from there, so perhaps the Jedi would need to stay there for some time.

"Love? Could you take your two Padawans and find me at the Temple? I'll show you where to be." She chuckled and looked at the two.

Perhaps it was time for some more fun subjects as well?

"I hope that people are not put into needless danger. However I know that the Board of Directors will be grateful for the investigation and whatever comes of it." I can only hope that the kidnapping was not planned by another member of the Board of Directors that does not wish for me to join. I know that there are a few that see my parents more as competition than anything else.

A request is made of me and I nod in acknowledgement. "Living quarters can be arranged for your guests. I will gladly look after those details."

With all of that out of the way, I uncross my feet and rise from my chair. "I believe that High Tea is ready. Shall we go to the dining hall?" There is hardly anyone that will turn down luxurious foods, afterall.

New_Cov.png

New Cov
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

"I heard Silas might be getting a Padawan as well~" Valery said with a sing-song voice. It was yet another reason to assign him because it'd be a perfect learning opportunity. Silas wouldn't only be able to figure out what happened but train another Padawan to safely navigate the jungles in the process. Hopefully, it would also bring them closer together as Master and Padawan, the way it once had for Valery with her own Master.

But with that covered, it was time to move on to something more fun.

"That sounds wonderful," Valery told Liin with a smile before she got up and turned to Kahlil to watch him rise. It wasn't often that political figures invited them for something like this, so it felt nice. "Come on, let's see what it's like here, hm?" she chuckled and offered her hand.

"Lead the way," she then told Liin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom