Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction A Day in the Life...

lTNakA.png

s3dDgJ.png

5FyIUx.png

I’m ok

It was a mask, a white lie that you wore to comfort others, to comfort yourself, to prevent the worry and consternation from over-taking those you cared about. It was a small thing, but even now she was trying to protect him, trying to prevent him from worrying. John couldn’t help but appreciate the gesture, the thought that came with it, as much as he was concerned. To look at Gianna’s face now was to look at the sky on an overcast day. There were moment of light, moments when her natural demeanour shone through, but there seemed to be clouds of worry and sadness drifting over her face, obscuring the light.

Still there were moments. That was something to hold on to.

A wry smile touched the corner of John’s lips as he took another sip of his juice, letting the liquid cool the burning left by the burrito. Dark eyes met Gianna’s over the rim of the cup as he lowered it down to the table.

“You say wuss, I say tactically making sure my mouth doesn’t spontaneously combust, or some other such horrible fate. It’s truly terrible how someone didn’t warn me about that.”

That little curl at the edge of his lips, the ghost of an amused smile as he spoke. He’d missed this, the comfort that came from just being able to be himself around her, to be able to laugh and joke, to relax without a worry. Well, without many. The smile on the man’s lips faltered for a moment as he realised what he’d said, the gentle chiding causing him to look away for a moment, the faintest hint of a pink flush on his cheeks before he managed to catch himself.

He never had a problem with speaking in front of crowds or individuals, with anyone he’d come across. Yet, the red-haired Jedi could throw him off with as little as a raised eyebrow and a few words. It would have been infuriating…if he didn’t enjoy seeing her smile and tease him so much.

“Well…ah…yes. Maybe just a little more, a little less.”

Just like that the storm clouds rolled back in, the sadness that never seemed to go too far creeping into the woman’s eyes again. The weight of the world, of the galaxy seemed to rest squarely on the Jedi’s shoulders, the responsibility and blame for the state of the worlds out there, for the encroaching darkness.

If he could wave a wand to make it all disappear then he would, the man would give anything to be able to lift the weight off Gianna’s shoulders but he knew from personal experience that wasn’t something that could happen.

So he’d just be here, stand by her and let her know he was there. Silent support.

A hand reached out across the table, resting against hers for a moment. The cyborg had always been reluctant to touch people, to engage, worried what they they’d think of his cybernetics, about the monster he’d become. Only, she’d never cared, not about that. And…truth be told, he needed this break, this relief as much as she did.

Gentle fingers slipped between hers for a moment, a second flowing into a another, stretching out before he spoke, standing and glancing towards the other stalls before looking back at her, his voice soft and quiet. Filled with surety/

“You will be.”

Unspoken went the addendum, that he’d be there for anything she needed, anything he could do. Another second passed before he took a step back, tugging at her hand gently.

“Shall we find that cake stall?”

5FymVN.png

All Things With Love
Codex Judge

GiaSJO.png

T H E E D

“Oh, truly terrible.”

He could be such a youngling, sometimes. She found it endearing. Here was an individual that had created some of the most advanced technology the Southern System had to offer—Who rubbed elbows with literal Kings. But, he still balked at spicy foods. She reached into the small brown sack that had been provided with the burritos and set a small container of tart cream. “Try it with this. It’ll cut through some of the spice so those delicate taste buds don’t spontaneously combust.”

Gianna didn’t miss the slight smile that lingered on his features. When they’d first met above some distant planet so very long ago she hadn’t been able to note such a range of emotion. He was efficient. Effective. But, smiling over lunch? She hadn’t expected that.

He accepted her words about his less than human quality without too much fuss. It was a sign of how comfortable they had grown. His cybernetic enhancements were something that on most days she scarcely noticed. Even if they were in plain sight. His truth, his humanity, was something she never questioned. He would always be John to her. Not John the Exarch. Not John the Cyborg. Not John the Fixer—Nor Weaponsmaster, or Technoguru. Just John.

“A lot more.”

He didn’t give himself enough credit. Perhaps, he worried that because he was blend of flesh and metal that it made him less than other organic beings. Gianna didn’t see it that way. He was simply more. She had never met anyone so determined. Kind, beneath layers and years of mistreatment. The galaxy had a way of permanently jading its inhabitants. The flame-haired woman passed him a gentle smile and finished off her lunch—Not commenting further.

There was a reason she had erased his memory; compromised her principles.

And it wasn’t because he could see in the dark.

Her eyes shot up from the table when she felt a light touch to her skin. It wasn’t foreign. Not exactly. But, it was unexpected. Gianna hadn’t fathomed that he would ever be able to forgive her for what she had done. Her intentions had been good. Erasing, his pain. But it wasn’t the right way to handle the unspoken issues that lay between them. @Voph had been correct about that. Her hand turned hesitantly and small fingers wrapped around his. He could feel the pressure. Sensation, in some sense. But was it the same? “I will be.”, she affirmed.

She believed as with all things—That this time would pass. It had to.

Jade eyes widened slightly as the much taller man tugged her up from her seat and pulled her back toward the festivities. “I never knew you liked cake this much.”, the Jedi commented with a little laugh, though, she let herself be led along with the crowd. The storm clouds, the darkness, that slowly seemed to seep through the galaxy was still there. She could still hear it. Feel it.

But she could feel him too. For today, that was enough.

Silver-Purp-B.gif

N A B O O
Tag: Kurayami Bloodborn Kurayami Bloodborn
Wearing: XXX

The carefree sunshine of Naboo and cheerful clothing she wore was misleading. The diminutive woman had deliberately chosen to aid the citizenry in this way. They were primarily pacifistic. They would not willingly go to war nor would they willingly bear arms against a threat. They would react defensively only; and for that, they had no idea what they asked of the rest of the nation. They required that the rest of the Southern Systems insulate them from harm.

They required that she and other governing officials do the unthinkable. Make the hard choices.

In this small way, she could bring the people she had vowed to protect something other than bureaucracy, war, and death. She could listen to younglings laugh. Listen to people talk about everyday things that she held very little concept of. She was one of them—Yet entirely isolated. Once they realized who she was? It was over. She had no guile, no charm, and she wasn’t a Malvern. She wasn’t a Verd. She was simply a pale outsider. It was all she could do. As close as she could get.

Not without touching the sun and melting away.

“I find that our past has a way of repeating itself. Especially, if we have something left to lose.”

There would always be someone disreputable fool that would crop up to try and take it. Srina took note that he seemed to be aware of the requirements of a soldier, though, it seemed to be behind him. She wondered if there would ever be a day where duty and responsibility would ever allow her to lead a normal life. It was something she had craved. Once.

No longer.

He mistook diplomatic efforts simply for being Echani. She was, as she was. The way politicians spoke with silver-tongues and confusing demands was exceedingly boring. It was also a waste of time. That was why she remained blunt, as always, and did not lie. Some took it well. Some didn’t. It was by reputation alone in which her needs were met. She was shrewd—Inflexible. None wished to find out exactly how inflexible she really, truly, could be. “There are some that would wish us to act beyond our means for their own gain. You shouldn’t be placed in that situation.”

Neither should she, for that matter, but it was the life she had signed up for. She would adapt.

Srina continued to move about the courtyard while Kurayami spoke of his past. Mostly, just monitoring to ensure that everyone was following her rules. Sharing. Not, beating each other over the head with the balloon wands. Boys could be so…Infernal. Eventually, she paused. “You return to Naboo for the same reasons I avoid it. Memories that should be pleasant have become less than, overtime.”

She had followed her heart. Against the advice of her Master—She had.

And she had followed it, truly, until it bled.

Not a mistake she would blindly make a second time.

wrappingpaper.png
Tags:
Kyyrk Kyyrk

“If you knew what some of my contacts looked like, let alone smelled like, you wouldn’t think so.”

From a Hutt to the occasional Sluissi she met with all manner of vaguely humanoid beings. If she had a choice between the two, she would probably choose the serpentine reptiles. They had an obsession for protocol that actually made her work a lot easier. She never had to worry about cooked books or faulty numbers because of how religiously they documented and checked every line and every decimal point. When it came to a Hutt? If she could read the poorly written logs—She knew not to trust a thing she saw without verification.

Alessandra still looked into both, however. She would be remiss as a Minister not to do so.

His whispered words about a bar fight caused glossy lips to quirk into a vague smirk. She had met men like him before. It didn’t surprise her that Exarch Talon would surround herself with a fighter of some sort—Given her proclivities. “I’m not much for that kind of fight.”

“But I could take bets.”

The raven-haired woman could feel her lips part to ask what division he had worked intelligence with but was immediately halted when he stated it wasn’t with the Confederacy. Her brow seemed to crease, briefly, before smoothing. He explained well enough. Perfectly, actually. He said just enough without giving any real detail away at all. “Heists are simple?”

She leaned back in the chair for a moment and let her light lunch settle. His arms crossed over his chest but her hands fell to the napkin in her lap. Life was simple without worries. Simple, plain. Boring. Being on her own, alone, was new. She had always prided herself in needing only her own merits to get through but that was…A long time ago. A lifetime, ago. “I can see the appeal of a simple existence. It’s easier. But, I’ve never liked anything easy.”

Alessandra liked the feeling of having earned it. She didn’t accept charity—Never would.

A small chuckle escaped her when he asked what she did with her free time. When was the last time someone had asked that? Or cared to know? “I do spend a lot of time within the Ministry but I have acquired a few hobbies since we migrated to Naboo. I’ve spent more time with my mother and sister. Write letters to my son. I’ve enjoyed everything Theed has to offer from shows to lake skating…”

She paused. It was difficult to talk about herself. Especially, with a stranger.

“I’ve also begun collecting artifacts.”

kobanner_1.png

N A B O O
Wearing This
Voph arched a brow at the woman's last comment. "Careful. That hobby can get you in a world of trouble." He would know. Gods above, he would know. He didn't even remember it mere moments before, and yet now he could remember venturing into that cave upon Yavin 4 as clear as day. The day his life had changed forever. Voph chuckled at his comment, picking up his cup to drain the contents. He glanced out the window at the street outside, his smile slowly fading. The woman's comment of writing to her son stuck with him. And if she was as perceptive as she seemed, she would know exactly what gave him pause. But he wouldn't speak of such things at length. His thoughts on the matter were summarized simply. "It's good that you write to your child. A task I should have engaged in more often."

Whoever this man's child was, it was clear he'd not spoken with them in some time, though it was unclear as to why. But Voph intended to not dwell on the subject for long. He stirred, looking back to Alessandra and offering a half-hearted smile of apology. "Funny you should mention, though, I'm actually expected at a small exhibition." Voph gestured up towards the palace, at a large building (not that Alessandra could see it) and said, "There's a collection of items being put on display tomorrow. An exhibit honoring the late Lord Commander." Voph always found it strange to speak of himself in the third person, but his poker face did not betray this emotion. "Talon has had me studying his work, so when word reached her ears that there was to be a small memorial created from what little items of his still survive, she decided I couldn't pass it up."

Voph slowly compiled the trash and other detritus from the table into a single pile. Including that of Ale's, which he of course asked silently through raised brow if she was finished with before taking it. Voph never did understand why so many were surprised when he acted like a gentleman. Not his fault he never had time for the little things. "She's arranged for me to have a private tour of the exhibit before it opens to the public tomorrow. Don't know if it would scratch that artifact itch, but you'd be welcome to come along if you have some free time."

Mishel Kryze

M
Mishel could either be the most mature person in the room or the opposite and there was never an in-between. This time? She was quite the opposite, as it happened the unorthodox Force-user had been investigating a ruin or two and may have tripped off an alarm or two. The Tygaran had brought along her friend and mentor Marakai Al'Orren Marakai Al'Orren who was capable of shifting in a dire battlecat. A very handy ability to have especially when Mishel managed to pull every single angry mob in sight toward them.

"FASTER PLEASE!"

All Mishel got in response was a growl, the lightsider gripped the battlecat's fur as they jumped over a massive boulder well on their way toward the exit of this cavern. Battlecat's paws to the dirt as they emerged from the caverns with what felt like an army of angry cultists behind them. "Wait, wait, wait the gala thing is the other waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!"

Mara shifted directions and in the process Mishel was nearly yeeted onto the dirt. Thankfully, Mishel managed to pass her dexterity check. "Okay, fine, next time we try to go find new crystals, I will not touch the thing that looks like a trap, okay?"

Another growl.

"Listen, the only way I could find out what would happen is to touch it alright?"

Behind them, Mishel managed to do what she knew best and that was to throw fireballs. When that didn't seem to work she force leaped toward the cultists and between her telekinesis, lightsaber, and more fire attacks she was able to dissuade them from pursuing her any further. Then it was a matter of catching up with Mara, and continue running toward the gala.

Now, Mishel was sure Alessandra wanted her to look presentable but spelunking in a cavern and then running from an angry mob did a number on her outfit. As they approached the location where the gala was taking place, Mishel took a moment to sense where Alessandra was, "turn left!"

"No, wait sorry, other left!"

Yet another growl from Mara, this time way more agitated.

"Listen I-"

Mara skidded to a halt and Mishel went flying off the battlecat, only to land on her feet and look back as Mara took off out of the gala. "Thank you?" Mishel managed between breaths and then walked toward where Alessandra had been engaged in conversation with a gentleman. Without hesitation, she approached them and looked at the man with a smile.

The quick greeting was then followed up by, "hey, names Mishel, oh hey Ale did you uh - did you um, oh hey drink."

Mishel walked behind Alessandra and grabbed the drink, downed it in a second and ordered up another round, and slapped payment on the counter. "Um, so that uh, the thing you said not to do... yeah."

lTNakA.png

s3dDgJ.png

5FyIUx.png

“Well, you see there’s this red-haired baker I know who introduced me to the wonders of cakes and baked goods. Especially this thing called…lemon bars. Have you ever tried them?”

A laugh slipped from the man’s lips as they curled up into a smile as his dark eyes flicked over to meet her gaze. They were in the middle of the crowd, bodies pressed in all around them, voice and laughter echoing around them as the festival-goers hurried from stall to stall. It wasn’t just the children who had been drawn in by the delicious sights and smells, the bright colours and attractive prizes. It was just as he remembered the fairs back on Corellia, but there was one thing he’d forgotten.

How easy it was to get lost in the crowd.

While there were people all around them, none of them really gave the cyborg or the Jedi a second glance, a second look. They were all so focused on the stall or ride they wanted to visit, the friends and family around them that for a moment he felt like he could keep the mask down. For the moment they could just be themselves and not worry about what anyone else thought.

Well almost nobody.

John’s eyes had crinkled up in surprise and then amusement as Gianna had reached into the bag to pull out a small container of cream, the cool tartness cutting through the spice, not quite neutralizing it, but making it more palatable. At least, he hadn’t felt like his mouth was about to set on fire. The remains of the burrito rapidly vanished as he offered Gianna a mock glare over the top of the rapidly vanishing morsel.

“You know, you might have mentioned that before I almost burned my mouth off. It’s almost like someone wanted to see me flail.”

The mock-glare was robbed of its severity by the amused light dancing in the man’s eyes, as he finished his meal, lead her off into the crowd. To find themselves alone in the crowd, to be lost for a moment, for that heartbeat of peace.

John’s cybernetics gave him a sense of pressure, different from the sense of touch that he remembered but even that was enough to translate the sense of her touch, the way her hand turned to rest against his, fingers entwined with his own. For a moment, the space between one heartbeat and another he seemed to freeze, his brain didn’t want to work, his body didn’t want to move. All he could feel, all he could focus on was the slight hand resting in his, fingers curled through his. So much had passed between them, so much pain and hurt from both sides that he hadn't been sure. For a moment he'd thought she might pull away.

Gently John’s fingers closed around the Jedi’s squeezing softly as they pulled into the crowd, as he looked back at her, dark eyes teasing. A look at the woman's face was all of took to see those stormclouds still gathered on her face, the cloak of worry she'd gathered around herself. It was her way, to feel responsible for the fate of the galaxy, for the actions that she’d taken and she hadn’t. They both knew about the darkness out there but she could feel it. John couldn’t imagine what it was like, to be constantly aware of the dark pressing, encroaching continuously.

White teeth pressed into the soft flesh of his lower lip as his eyes shifted around, looking for a space, something, his hand slipping back into his pocket. He’d been looking for the right time, the perfect moment but...maybe that didn’t exist. Maybe the perfect moment was what you made of it.

A step to the side, twisting so his hand could sile out of his pocket, slipping a necklace into Gianna’s hand as he pulled her into the shade of a tree near the cake stall.

“You never know what you’ll find at the fair. A chance to enjoy a treat made by someone else, or...a spark of light to glow when you need it.”

5FymVN.png

Tags: Srina Talon Srina Talon

The two of them walking , supervising the younglings, and casually conversing was quite the dichotomy to start with and with the difference in the way they were dressed served only to emphasize this. The Naboo were pacifistic and Kurayami knew that, and while he knew they had a defense force that they were quite reluctant to employ them unless there was no other option. It was understandable to try and remain neutral in such a chaotic galaxy. Unfortunately that spread the defenses of the Confederacy thinner than was necessary because even if they shouldn't be needed hardly ever, they still needed to be on call to scramble should the order come through. Not great, but an unfortunate necessity for the capital of a faction as large as the CIS that a fleet would be assigned to planetary defense.

It was good to see someone so high up in the chain of command taking the time to do what Srina was warmed his heart. It must have been a bit odd for her to be amongst the 'normal' citizenry of the Confederacy and hearing them talk about the problems that seemed so large to them, yet in the grand scheme were infinitesimally small.

"In that view it is good that I have little left to lose. I tend to try not to get too close to another due to an...interesting predisposition I have. One that makes the loss of someone close more akin to losing a part of yourself."

He smiled at her bluntness as it made him more comfortable around her than many others. Normally it was something he could only manage to get from someone whom he had known for many years and yet she had been this way since he had met her all those years ago. And her assessment of the First Order and the situation he had been placed in. "It was within my realm of expertise and ability to train new recruits in how to fly their TIE fighters, but not being officially commissioned as part of their forces allowed for me to work with others as I desired. Problem is that without an official position, when they were transferred to a state run academy they would have to either adapt what I taught, or relearn from the ground up if their instructors didn't like it. I was disposable and would have been cast off long ago had they not crumbled from within."

While he gave his reasons and a very compressed version of his passed, he watched as she moved around the courtyard as she checked on the kids and made sure all was as it should be. Admittedly kids were something that could be annoying to say the least.

"I return due to a promise that once I made long ago. The journey here is a means to remind myself of the promise and why I still fight when called to. The memories may be pleasant, but time has a way of making things easier to remember, but harder to deal with when they do surface. "

He understood why the Jedi tried to avoid entanglements of the emotional kind in his case with the predisposition towards bonding, he had to be careful with how he approached and interacted with people anywhere. He had already lost so many 'pieces' of himself and that was at the core of why few ever saw him without a drink in hand or sober.

BROWSING

You do not disapprove the spending of your treasures on materials?

The Vicelord blinked at the question. After all she had given up for him - after bleeding herself dry on Ryloth and saving his hide on Kuat - how could he ever deny purchasing materials? Beyond that, the sole purpose was to make up for something that he indirectly caused. She would not need the obsidian if he had been strong enough. She would not need anything, frankly. Thus, Isley shook his head slightly. "What purpose is treasure if I cannot use it to bring you might?" he began. "If you asked it, I would spend it all on wreathing your brow with the stars."

And when he set about measuring her arm - his thought on the weapon's final shape had elicited a response from her locks. They coiled about his wrist faithfully. At times, he swore he was dating her hair more than her.

"To be suitable for you, it would need to be an asset. Not a limitation. I will make sure of that."

With thus said, Isley stepped aside to greeting his brother and his companion. And whilst speaking, he found his shirt being tugged and Elyria's chin being settled upon his shoulder. I was here first. The man had to stop himself from laughing out loud - though a genuine smirk exploded across his face. "Your obsidian is yours, you've nothing to worry about dear."

Talohn was briefly taken aback by the offer of his fist, a fact which made the man's amused expression linger all the more. But ultimately, they bumped knuckles. The Cathar then set about introducing Leea, a pilot with quite a bit of promise. "Ah. Any friend of Talohn's is a friend of the family. Well then, Miss Pandac, consider our home on Krant opened to you. You are welcome to visit any time you wish."

The Cathar then briefly suggested to Elyria that they hunt something, but ultimately vowed that her Obsidian was safe. If only he knew about her appetites.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom