Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A birthday present for a friend

header1.png
black-red-dress-IT-3882-a.jpg
Tag: Isidor Justeene Isidor Justeene

Cass put the finishing touches to her gift. She was shocked just how big it was, taking up a large portion of one of her cargo bays. She hoped he would like it, she felt she had found a real friend out here and wanted him to know that. This was more than just her compulsive need for attention and for people to like her, she actually felt nervous about this as she wandered around the bay in a nice summer dress, even Pix had noticed a slight change in her demeanor.

Looking at herself in the reflective surface of a coolant pipe she smiled. The coalition had become her home and the people in it were becoming her family, she truly hoped she would never have to cut their throats for betraying her, well, most of them anyway, there was at least one already on a collision course with her light sabers, but that was a thought for another day.

Looking around, everything was set, she had sent her message, the deck was clear for his arrival and she had preprogrammed the atmospheric controls for the hangar to switch to Ubese friendly air mixture.

"Cass to bridge crew, please let me know immediately once the Blood Lightning arrives, I am going to freshen myself up."

header2-by-zigor-adebisi-deo2cqn-fullview.png

Last edited:
header1.png

Wearing: The usual

Tags: Cass Gemini Cass Gemini

Isidor was again taking in inventory, usually, he had no issues with it, but this one was longer than usual. He was very stuck on the long division in the final split of the loot they helped take. He had scribbled calculations over any Data-pads he could find. As if luck or near-divine intervention prevailed his secret COMM Holo Link pinged. He mouthed a thank you to the ceiling. Long Division hurt his brain and frustrated him to no end, so with great relief, He switched it on.

He wasn’t expecting anyone to know that it is his Birthday, it is a pleasant surprise indeed and Cass has invited him to The Kyber. He liked Cass a lot, she’s one in a million. He had enough time to get ready. He pinged Cass back letting her know he is on his way.

He still couldn’t find his evening wear; it must have travelled a bit down the ship. His hair was also in need of a good scrub as it was due for a good clean. His shampoo was nearly gone. It’s very hard to get Cinnamon infused Shampoo these days so he tended to save it where possible.

So Isidor hopped into his refresher and cleaned up. After a few minutes, he was out and changed into his clothes even if they themselves weren’t any different than usual. The socks were a new kettle of fish altogether. No matching pairs, except for the Bee print ones. No one will notice.

He is almost ready, grey streaks are showing but he doesn’t wish to go through the hassle of dying his hair instead he dried it and tied it into a bun. Not too bad really. Once he was ready, he put his helmet back on and headed to the bridge to set course for Tortuga, he waved away the questions that inevitably rose.

He did mention that Cass Gemini contacted him, and he is to meet her at Tortuga, and he will never demur on an invite. It’ll be rude not to go. So Blood Lightning zipped into Hyperspace. This gave Isidor enough time to delegate some much-needed cleaning/maintenance while he is gone. Lightning needed a good tune-up. Once he had done this the console peeped alerting them that they reached their destination.

With a crack, Lightning dropped without any cloaking engaged from hyperspace over Tortuga. Easy to be picked up by Cass's sensors.

header2_by_zigor_adebisi_deo2cqn-fullview.png

Last edited:

header1.png

The crew of the Kyber invited the Blood Lightning to come along side and the two ships docked via umbilical, allowing Isidor to make his way over.

"Someone wake the Captain, and tell her, her guest is coming to airlock 2." Thrace Jackson said into the comm to one of the crew members, who went and buzzed on her door. Cass was already awake, the power nap had done her some good, but she was just re setting her hair. With a grin she waved off the crew member and walked toward the airlock with butterflies in her stomach. As she approached, she popped a rebreather lozenge into her mouth. She had already convinced him to dance, she wondered how he would feel about removing his helmet once in the cargo hold.

She hit the button on the airlock and the door hissed open to reveal Isidor. "Welcome to the Midnight Kyber my friend, don't steal anything or I'll cut your head off" she laughed and went for a hug.

They would walk down the corridor, these corridors were less dressed up than the Corridors that Isidor would have seen when he visited for the party, they were deeper in the ship and on a working deck, the ship was clean, modern and tidy and crew members went about their business.

"It's good to see you here, we haven't spoken since we left thay Ashlan outpost, interesting business there with that Ashlan marshall and even more mess with Gami. I'll tell you here that I feel there will come a day when he and I come to blows."

She made a gesture indicating firing a blaster and laughed again.

"So here's the thing, I have set your present up in my Hangar because it's a bit too big to hide up my dress, but I couldn't wrap it. So I am going to ask if you trust me?"
She smirked "you know I am a pirate so either answer to that question is acceptable." She pulled out a strip of black cloth.

"In a few moments, the crew will leave and most of the oxygen will be pumped out of the corridor leading to the hangar, it will be very similar to your Home planet. Don't worry about me though" she stuck her tongue out revealing the small blue lozenges with wisps like condensation rising from it. "I will then blindfold you for the big reveal, if you aren't happy with that, then we can just walk in there like normal adults and I won't even sulk"

She stopped in front of and put her fingers in front of her lips to briefly shush him and pointed to to ceiling as there was a brief buzz. A low humm signified the air recyclers switching program and reducing the oxygen levels in the corridor as planned.

header1.png

Everything went without a hitch and the docking procedures were completed and Isidor stepped foot into the Kyber. It felt good to be back on board. It was even better seeing Cass. He laughed quietly; he doesn’t steal from friends. That’s a promise he intends to keep, and hugs are amazing things. More valuable than many things.

He did quirk a hidden eyebrow at the mention of Gami. That wasn’t exactly the brightest of moves. But thankfully the raid was successful. No one died and they got what they came for. But yeah, he was cutting the ice a little too near the wire.

<“Did he think that would actually work?”>

This was a new area of the Kyber that he hadn’t seen before. Granted there were very little he could see during the party. Not that he would poke around, that would have been in bad form and would just be rude. His mood perked up more when he heard that she had a present for him. He himself never actually had a Birthday. It was just a day; he knew he got older but that’s it.

He snorted in amusement at that. Somehow, he began to form a mental picture of the dress and present. Even more, oddly that said image was easy to imagine. He gave his head a shake to clear it. Not today, not now not ever will he want that image in his head.

Usually, he would keep his helmet on and refuse to remove it. But this is Cass, a friend. He trusts her, well more than the others. Why not just this once. It isn’t going to hurt. It’ll be easier and more of a surprise if he was blindfolded.

<“I trust you, Cass.”> He finally said after too long of a pause. Again, this is Cass, the one that got him to dance and do so freely without regret. Before he would be glued to a barstool and too stubbornly prideful to relax and let all that tension go through dancing.

He wasn't even as bad as he thought he was. They arrived at the hangar door and the air is being remixed and once it was done, Isidor unhooked the seals to his helmet and after a small moment of stillness, he removed it. Revealing his face, his bright green eyes contrasting with his dark complexion. His bun had started to unravel, so he quickly re-did it.

Last edited:

header1.png

"Huh, interesting," Cass said as she saw Isidor's exposed face for the first time with a wry smile on her face, "I've never seen an Ubese without his mask before, it's a shame you can't keep it off more often, your eyes are amazing" eyes always stood out to Cass, her genetic heterochromia had long since become her calling card. "Seems a shame to cover them up now, no peeking"

She stood behind Isidor and gently placed the blindfold over his eyes before yanking it tight and knotting it, this did not seem like the first time she had blindfolded someone.

She led Isidor down the corridor toward the hangar. "So, I know I have kind of made a fuss about getting you a present, but I don't often buy presents for boys, so I got you something I know I would like, however, I can't take it back because, well, I just can't" she laughed.

Isidor would have heard the hiss if the hatch and they stepped in to the room. Cass stood behind him again and fiddled with the knot, "OK? Are you ready?"

She pulled off the blindfold and the sight in front of Isidor was dominated by a massive piece of military looking ship hardware, it almost looked as though someone had cut it out of a ship with a laser scalpel then left it here. There was a part of a sign that was cut in half by the process. It had half an Ashlan symbol on the top and then two lines with the words
Hyperwave//
Momentu//
There were pipes and hosing that had been replaced after it has been removed, so from the outside it looked complete.

This was not the only think in the room though, there was also a blanket on the floor with a bottle resting in ice and two glasses, along side a selection of pastry items.

"Happy Birthday Isidor, I hope you like it"

header1.png

Tag: Cass Gemini Cass Gemini

The blindfold was now firmly secured, and the chance of peeking is gone, but he wasn’t going to peek anyway. Eyes are the window to the soul after all and they come in so many different colours. From grey to blue to purple and beyond. Cass’s eyes were unique and special too. Heterochromia is not common and that’s why it turns heads.

He had no time to continue his train of thought as he was lead carefully down the hallway. Trust was absolute. He enjoyed Cass’s boundless enthusiasm, the way she spoke was just brimming with energy. He was in contrast quite introverted but more social after a while.

Perfect contrasts. Her vague descriptions made him more excited to see what Cass got for him. From the sounds of it, it’s special and unique. Soon they both stopped, and he only knew that it was a door by the unlocking noise it made as it opened.

The blindfold was now tied so well he didn’t see anything or what was in the Hangar that is until it was taken off, and Isidor got to see his present, and his eyes sparkled in a way that a kid would at a sweet shop. This would come in very handy, just what he needed. Cass pulled out all the stops and he cannot begin to thank her enough for all this.

The second part of the surprise was perfect, the pastries looked lovely, and their smell was mouth-watering. He then realised that his voice would be whispery as he had no modulator to enhance it. So, he had to find a way to thank her, then it hit him. She will get the first bite, the first slice is always the best one, and so is the last. But it didn’t stop him from saying thank you regardless of his very whispy voice.

<“Thank you, thank you for all this. It means a lot.”>

Last edited:

header1.png

"You are more than welcome, I dont have an awful lot of people I consider actual friends, there is maybe 4 of them on my crew, so those I do have I like appreciate." She smiled and gave his a look out the corner of her eyes, "but don't think that means I'm not a hardass when I need to be, business is business, and I have my reputation" She actually wondered what her reputation was at them moment? She was cool and business like on the job, but everyone knew she loved to let her hair down. Somehow, despite her carefree and kind of ridiculous persona, others of the pirates seem to have gravitated towards her and seemed to respect her.

"So this should fit in the "Lightning, the Ashlans use mostly Archangel and Kuat components that tend to be pretty interchange, so I can have my engineer chat to yours as necessary."

Kniknik had teased her for this, but had done an excellent job repairing the extraction damage and getting it ready for reinstalling.

"I never knew what an Ubese voice was like, its quieter than I imagined, please, sit" she flopped down and her dress billowed out around her, sometimes a picnic on a pirateship surrounded by stolen military hardware was just the ticket. She offered him the first bite of an éclair, but like a gentleman he let her, fresh cream made from real milk and actual pastry, she didn't usually eat like this but her chef was a wizard. She tried to remain as demure as possible in front of her guest, but he knew her by now and once she wrapped her mouth around that éclair and got chocolate on her nose there was little reason to try and hide it.

header1.png

Tag: Cass Gemini Cass Gemini
Following Cass’s lead, he too sat at the picnic and helped himself to a slice of pie. It tasted wonderful, the best pie he’s had in a while. Cass was something extraordinary and he liked it. He liked her a lot. Even if he was himself a hard nut at times. He took another slice from a different pastry. Oh, silky chocolate centre, very tasty. A smidge of chocolate stuck to his lip. This is the best Birthday he has had in so long.

Speaking of hardware, he’ll have his engineer meet hers to make plans to get that new piece of the kit installed. The surprise was even more satisfying when he knew she took it just for him. He’ll need to find something to get her for her birthday. But what, he is not certain.

That berry pie is now been eaten and Isidor moved on to an Éclair. All this food and the still unopened bottle sat in its ice blanket just begging to be opened. While he was eying the bottle he was also listening to Cass. He in all the days he knew her, he picked up that her eccentric personality does not equal weakness and yes, she is a very tough cookie when she needed to be, no captain gets very far without being tough.

<“I’ll get my head Engineer to chat with yours and, get that installed.”> He replies after he swallowed his bite. The soft quiet was because of vocal cords that can’t amplify speech well. Thankfully, his voice was a little louder than most of his kind, so it was easy to hear and be heard clearly.

<“I like you too Cass, you are one of the few friends I have and, enjoy your company.”> This is true, and he was sincere when he said it. Who else brings out his inner fun?

Last edited:

header1.png

"Well, that's perfect then isn't it?" She smiled, "my guy is a bit of a grumpy old guy, but he is so good at his job, just make sure your crew dont tease him about his size or he will start fighting" she laughed at this.

She was curious how much of her she should expose to him, it was unlike her to make a genuine connection with someone, so she needed to tread carefully. "I'm interested, what made you become a pirate?, My story is all a bit cliche, grew up rotten, kicked out by the family and turned to crime"

He eyes caught his looking at the unopened champagne, so she reached for it "ah, silly Cass for forgetting the bubbles, I suppose i should tell some story about where this has come from and the year it was made?" She had no idea, tasted good though, she popped it and poured them both a glass she clicked her glass against his "To us, and to the Kraken Coalition, most of them anyway" and she grinned, finally noticing the little smear of chocolate on her lips.

"Oh Izzie," she paused "I hope I can call you that right? You messy boy." She leaned in and gently wiped it away, it wouldn't immediately move so she rubbed again, before stopping, looking in his eyes and kissing him. She was not shy, she didn't yet know her feelings, but she kissed him from the heart.

Suddenly she pulled away and reached to her mouth, pulling out the still fizzing oxygen lozenge "that could have been dangerous couldn't it," she whispered before dropping it in her glass. She leaned back in and grabbed his head to kiss him again, she would kiss him until he stopped her, or she felt dizzy from the low oxygen levels.

Last edited:
header1.png

Isidor laughed at that and made a mental note to remind his Engineer, Tek to refrain from making stupid short people jokes while Cass’s guy was there. A harmonious team is a peaceful one and less paperwork for him. Ugh, long-division is a pain. But he does get it right after a while. The sharp pop of the cork being jettisoned from the bottle stopped the maths-related thoughts at least for a while.

Picking up his glass he gently let it click Cass’s, the Coalition was a resounding success and despite a few incidents, everyone cooperated. Soon he pondered Cass’s question about why he was a Pirate. Well, that’s quite a story. It boiled down to him not wanting to go into the usual line of business many of his kind favoured.

<“I did not want to be a Bounty Hunter or a Merc instead wanted something more adventurous and free. So, I got into a crew of Pirates as a Cabin Boy and after years of climbing up, I became a captain of my own crew.”> Isidor smiled at the memory. <“I decided that free-thinking and choosing your own adventure was better than setting into a career that is picked for you by tradition.”>

Suddenly, Cass had reached over to wipe his lip free from forgotten chocolate, he didn’t mind, he would never have noticed it himself. It was not coming off, so she wiped at it again and then without warning Cass kissed him and his mind exploded with new and pleasant sensations. His glass and half-eaten pie were forgotten in the whirlwind of new thoughts.

This was only broken by her removing her lozenge and putting it into her bubbly glass, and the kiss resumed and he leaned in too, reciprocating it. His eyes sparkling before closing. He enjoyed this, he thought he wouldn't at first but he really liked this.

Last edited:

header1.png

Cass kissed as long as she could get away, feeling a little light headed she pulled away with a smile, happy? excited? did she enjoy it, she wasn't saying anything. She looked away and drank some champagne, taking her lozenge back into her mouth.

"So, that was new, I hadn't entirely decided if I wanted to do that, but when will I next get a chance to get that helmet off." She drunk some more wine, "so this whole thing," she suddenly didn't seem her eccentric self, "it has meant a lot to me too, I kind of want to take it further, but I also kind of don't? But not because I don't want to do that stuff with you? Do you get that?"

She actually looked embarrassed and shy, completely different to her usual self. She snapped herself out of it.

"Sorry, I think it's the wine affecting me, can we just carry on and pretend I didn't say that?" She smiled and kissed him softly on the lips again.

She thought about his story, "finding your own way in the galaxy? Being your own boss, not having to follow rules, sounds perfect to me?"

She pulled up a holoscreen in mid air in front of her and types some codes. The large Hangar doors opened and were replaced by transparent shields. They could see Tortuga station, the planet it orbited and in the distance the glowing sun.

"I love it out here don't you?" She asked Ash she leaned her head on Isidor's shoulder .

header1.png

As soon as Cass pulled away, Isidor took a breath and the look in his eyes were unreadable. No, there was a twinkle there. He took a sip of the wine/bubbly. He didn’t know she was going to do that or if he would enjoy it. Of all the reactions that he could have had, a sharp angry response, but he didn’t, no disgust. But genuine enjoyment. Nothing made his brain or his mouth tingle like that before. But if she wasn’t sure where to go from here, he’s not going to pry or push.

His brain tingled again as she kissed him once more. He’s going to remember this fondly. He nodded to her already forgetting what she said about the indecision. If she didn’t want to continue with the subject, no way was he going to continue it either.

<“Not being bossed around and to be told what to do or how to think or who to associate with is liberating.”> Isidor answers Cass, with utter honesty. Since being a Pirate, he’s felt alive. Now even more so because he found comrades and friends.

As the door opened and the shielding went on, the view astonished him, yes he’s seen space views before but only through Transparasteel ship windows but never like this and in a relaxed way. When there are views like this but usually it means a Space Rumble and they fight and plunder.

<” Yes, there is something very special about the sheer vastness of space and watching a Planet spin. Well can’t see it do that, but you get the idea.”>

Today is a day he is never going to forget, ever. For the first time, it felt like a proper Birthday shared with an actual friend.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom