Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4 Rules To Make Star Wars Great Again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_joDNOpeWWo​
J.J. Abrams met with the guy who made this video, apparently.​

"I would say that [the video conveys] a feeling that we share very much. I loved how Star Wars had that sense of a world far beyond the borders of what you can see and have been told. It's one of the things it did so brilliantly. If you watch the first movie, you don't actually know exactly what the Empire is trying to do. They're going to rule by fear - but you don't know what their end game is. The beauty of that movie was that it was an unfamiliar world, and yet you wanted to see it expand and to see where it went."

In Umbris Potestas Est
"I would say that [the video conveys] a feeling that we share very much. I loved how Star Wars had that sense of a world far beyond the borders of what you can see and have been told. It's one of the things it did so brilliantly. If you watch the first movie, you don't actually know exactly what the Empire is trying to do. They're going to rule by fear - but you don't know what their end game is. The beauty of that movie was that it was an unfamiliar world, and yet you wanted to see it expand and to see where it went."
I love how he beat around the bush here.

But you are forgetting that there IS politics in Star Wars and that there ARE places that are cities and are new. The biggest part of Star Wars is the fight between the many other factions. Not everything was a war, I mean look at the Cold War. It was politics.

Secondly there are new and shiny things. I do agree that yes, there are places that are gritty and dirty. But if you are a senator for the Republic you will be in a nice transport, unlike the smuggler working with the Empire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom