Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Ye Who Enter Here: AC Dominion of Weken

5m5qOKV.png

Kamar, the first of the worlds of the Dark Sovereigns to fall to the Crusade, was only the first step. With the restoration of the Kamarian people, the Ashlan Crusade has turned their attention to liberating Weken, a planet with its own dark history. The location of the dread fortress of Ing Sedish long remained a mystery, but through a stroke of luck, the Ashlan forces managed to locate it. In order to take the planet, the fortress must fall.

B9nmkYj.png

Taking Ing Sedish will be a trying task, to say the least. The very air of Weken is toxic, requiring protective gear when out on the treacherous road to the fortress. The road itself is guarded by alchemized statues, which will attack any that dare make an attempt on the fortress. Beyond the statues lay turrets, Sithspawn, and even a force of devoted slaves protecting the fortress itself. Take the fortress in the name of Ashla, and see the planet cleansed in her name.

AnFAv0X.png

While taking the fortress is the primary concern of the Crusade, Ashlan high command has decided to establish a space station in orbit above the planet. The construction of the station is largely complete, providing the Crusade with a place away from the treacherous surface of the planet. Members of the Crusade have gathered upon the station to oversee the assault on the planet, as well as plan their next move in the campaign to retake the former worlds of the Warlords of the Sith.

XRMjml9.png

Weken is a dangerous place, riddled with threats and mystery. Explore this dark planet and discover what is lurking in the shadows.

5m5qOKV.png

Thanks to Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim for the objective headers!​

AnFAv0X.png

Tags: Isla Draellix-Kobitana Isla Draellix-Kobitana

kP1KTsJ.png

Salve Regina

"The planet seems so tranquil from up here, wouldn't you say Isla? Then again, I suppose they always do..."

The Cardinal had only recently arrived at the space station, wishing to see the progress made by the Prime Minister on the project. Weken was never going to be a world that the Crusade would wish to spend time on. It's horrendous, toxic atmosphere made things difficult enough. When combined with the dark machinations of the former Dark Sovereign Kascalion, it made for a less than ideal place to set up shop. Nevertheless, the Crusade was determined to bring the planet to heel.

Pietro had little experience with the Warlords of the Sith, save for the battle against them on Ninn. It was there that the Crusade had bloodied themselves for the first time, and it was their first sound victory against the denizens of the Bogan. So much time had passed since that battle... at times, Pietro couldn't help but to marvel at how far their movement had come. From a ragtag band of exiles and devotees to a true galactic power... it seemed that Ashla truly smiled upon their cause.

He looked over his personal holo, surveying the area that the supposed Dread Fortress lingered. Their intel had been rather spotty in terms of the details of the fortress, as the lord that had once called it home kept its location close to the chest. No fortress was without fault, however, and eventually the Crusade managed to discover its location.

"I believe our forces are about to converge on the fortress. I will say a prayer to Ashla for them."

He began to silently pray to himself, uttering the mantra of the Ashlan knights as he asked for their safety. Once he was done, he turned to the Prime Minister once again.

"This station will be our launch point to our next goal. There is another Sith world in this region of space, one that has been left to its own devices for far too long."

He pulled up a picture of a planet, placing it onto the larger holoprojector in the center of the room.

"What do you know of Tash-Taral?"

5m5qOKV.png

Guardian Angel | Light of Ashla
Lady Eina L'lerim-Vandiir
The First and the Light of Ashla

Heiress and Princess of the Eternal Empire and Terraris; Angelic Mascot and Representative of the Ashlan Crusade
Eternal Empire's Ambassador to the Ashlan Crusade; Matriarch of the Valkyrja; Leader of Sanctuary and the Fjölkyngi Smiđr Guild
B9nmkYj.png
Objective: Cleanse the Fortress Ing Sedisĥ
Equipment: Sverð Fyrstr (swords) | Ljósspjót (spear) | Skrúð Engill Fyrstr (armour) || Empyrean gland | OPBC-01m || Current appearance
Writing With: Geiseric Geiseric | Heinrich Faust Heinrich Faust
5dt1Tto.png
[ Amen & Attack ]
<"High Nelvaanian"> | ~ telepathic communication ~ | << comm. channel >>

Another Sith world, another rather bad and evil place. It reminded Eina most of all of Malachor V. However, she was happy now and a little excited. He, Gei, and Hei will go inside Fortress Ing Sedisĥ to begin clearing the place before the others get into the fort. Gei was a sensible choice, as the man was able to use Eina's power, so she wasn't worried about her beloved crusader, and Hei was like a brother to the married couple, they trusted in him perfectly.

The trio got used to working together anyway, and others could see it on Ilum as well. And of course, she trusted both of them perfectly, Hei had already seen her original form as well, when the girl was injured and he tried to save her.

She reached the two men with a smile on her face. This smile may have been unusual for the majority, but Gei knew it very well. It was not the smile of the kind, healer, and helpful Eina; it was much more like her mother's smile; with this she was the ruthless warrior, the warlord, the Matriarch of the Valkyrja and the Protector of Sanctuary. That was the smile when the woman went to war and typically enjoyed the fight.

Today was like that. The opponents here were perfect for this. There was probably an example of Gei helping her at the time, too, but he certainly saw it, so he knew what to expect. If they had already fought together like this, Eina helped him through the dyad before by sharing her power and strength with her husband, and she planned to do so today as well. Since they knew what their next move would be, before they did it, they were a formidable pair on the battlefield.

"When you're ready, we can go!" she said, there was an unusual fire and enthusiasm in her voice.

She smiled kindly at both men, her usual kind smile. When she received confirmation that they were both ready, she set out to cast a spell. Now she has not chosen a detour, but she'll use a simple teleportation, that is, a small rift to get inside the building. She placed her spear on her back and took both men's hands. There were no side effects to the trip, but that was the only way she could take them with her. She used Valkyrja words, not Sith ones. From her words, only the disturbance was felt in the Force, but Eina saw it when the tiny rift opened between their current location and inside the fortress.

When it opened wide enough, she stepped forward and pulled the two men with her. The two men who were closest to her at Realspace and in Netherworld, with whom she had the closest relationship. As they crossed the rift, it closed behind them, arriving in a dimly lit but extinct hall. The Bogan's power permeated everything, the presence of countless strong beings was felt, as was the strength of some relics and artefacts. Eina let go of the two men's hands and then took her two swords off her back.

One began to glow in the faint blue light due to the frost, the other with flames. There was a determined but amused smile on her lips.

"Let’s send these demons back to Netherworld with the blessing of Ashla!" she said as if having fun; only Gei could know she loved fights and challenges, competition, especially if the enemies are not living creatures. "Whoever kills the least demon or other Bogan's creature will cook the dinner when Hei finally comes to us."

It was not a very good offer, Eina could not cook…

True, she doesn't usually lose…

Gc0h2xK.png

flnnNc5.png

CC-Express-20220104-2313050-14736792215587435.png

AnFAv0X.png
Objective: Discussion of future
Tags: Pietro Demici Pietro Demici

Isla had been aboard the station a couple of weeks supervising some of the systems being installed, it was dull work that needed to be done well, but sometimes as a military commander dull was a blessing, she was pleased at least to have something keeping her occupied. Today though Pietro Demici Pietro Demici was attending, to observe, they were two days behind schedule, which was frustrating, but when Isla was sent here they were five days, so that could be seen as a victory at least.

"The planet seems so tranquil from up here, wouldn't you say Isla? Then again, I suppose they always do..."

She appreciated his friendly tone using her first name, it reminded her of her place of trust and friendship in his eyes "Isn't that the truth, Space is so big and placid I sometimes feel quite removed from the horrors of war, but then someone sticks a rail gun submuniton through my bridge tower to keep me honest. The planet is strangely beautiful from up here."

She listened to him pray to the knights on the ground and she joined him in silent prayer. She was finding herself praying more these days. Since the assassination of Marovik Kobitana Marovik Kobitana , and it becoming public knowledge that he died in her arms, she had leaned heavily on her faith for solace. Every day with Tiresh missing, she came closer to the realisation that a precious chapter in her life may have closed as quickly as it began. But now she needed to focus, on the task at hand, her work and her faith were who she was and pushed her forward in strength, a lesser woman would be cowering from the fate the force had bestowed on them, but Isla needed to face it.

As Pietro brought the holo up, SAINT instantly updates her with the basic notes of the world via her biochip, she briefly looked around, noting the digital avatar wasn't around and she realised she hadn't seen her for a little while now. She answered quickly and professionally.

"Its a tomb world, another barren rock with barely a population. Significant hyperspace navigation hazards.... huh... interesting, potentially artificially enhanced outer asteroid cloud prevents hyperspace jumps. A little bit like nearby Kamar really." she stopped, he likely had all this information and was checking she was up to speed. She would let him continue further. "Is that our next stop on the Tingel Arm then?"

5m5qOKV.png

B9nmkYj.png

Heinrich Faust: Grand Marshal of the Ashlan Crusade

Tags:
Geiseric Geiseric , Eina L'lerim-Vandiir Eina L'lerim-Vandiir

kP1KTsJ.png

Sanctus Dominus

The preparations had been made, and the forces of the Crusade had descended upon Weken. Ashla's judgment upon the planet would be swift and fierce as the Crusade brought the Light with them. As the bulk of their forces made their move up the treacherous path to the fortress, three companions stood together, waiting to make a move of their own.

Heinrich hadn't seen Eina this energetic about battle in, well... ever, but that didn't cause him to skip a beat. He hadn't spent much time with her and Geiseric in the Nether, but he understood some of what her people did there. Perhaps this was simply her feeling more in her own element. He looked at the pair of them as they made their final preparations, offering them a smile as they stood next to each other.

"Once more unto the breach, my friends."

As the portal began to open, Heinrich could feel the swirling essence of darkness in the distance. The Dread Fortress had been a long sought target of the Crusade, as it was the known home to the great and terrible Kascalion, the former Dark Sovereign of the Warlords of the Sith. Heinrich knew little of the man, but what information he did have confirmed that this planet could not be left to its own devices. As they passed through the portal, he could only feel that darkness growing evermore.

As they exited the portal, Heinrich instinctually reached for his blade, igniting it's golden glow as the portal closed behind them.

"So, I'm to be treated to dinner? Quite the deal, to say the least," he said with a sly grin.

He took a few steps forward, reaching out through the empyrean in an effort to get a read of their surroundings. As he began to feel the presence of the dark denizens that dwelled within, he looked back to the others.

"For Ashla."

5m5qOKV.png

XRMjml9.png

Objective: Search for information

Tags: Tyth'xio Tyth'xio

Weken... a planet that Petrichor had yet to visit. In truth, he had gone out of his way to avoid this putrid planet. The noxious air and treacherous terrain were not something that was suitable for civilized individuals. Yet, here he was... seeking answers. In truth, the Dark Heretic didn't even know what answers he sought. Perhaps it was some semblance of understanding his former apprentice, the dark beast now called Mandalore the Unchained. Petrichor had come to learn that his former student had spent some time with these so-called Warlords of the Sith, and hoped that perhaps there was a chance to gleaning some greater understanding into the rabid dog's mind.

The shuttle touched down some distance away from the fortress, slipping by the Crusade's lines as it landed upon the planet's surface. Though Petrichor had established a ceasefire with the Holy Ashlan Kaiser, he was not about to push his luck. These holy warriors of the Light couldn't be trusted, outside of trusting them to adhere to their faith...

Faith... such a strange concept to the Dark Heretic. It was a state of being that felt alien to him, as his focus was more centered on logic and critical thought. Though Petrichor was a philosopher, he often found that faith was a blinding idea.

He had come here with one of his followers, a recent addition to his ranks. Tyth'xio wasn't the most obvious candidate for the Order, but if there was one thing that Petrichor had learned in all his years, it was that size matters not. As he prepared the shuttle doors, he turned to his little companion.

"Make sure your mask is secure. The air here is quite deadly."

Once their masks were firmly secured, he opened the shuttle door, ready to step into the great unknown.​

AnFAv0X.png

kP1KTsJ.png

Salve Regina

Pietro always trusted Isla's judgment. Her work had constantly proven to be a success, and the station was no exception. Though there had been some setbacks, the Prime Minister had managed to bring the project back up to speed. In truth, it was one of the reasons that the Cardinal entrusted her with the project.

He let out a bit of a laugh, something rare from the Cardinal, though not unheard of when in the Prime Minister's company.

"There's always something, isn't there? Yet, you are right. Even the most cursed planets seem so intriguing from up here."

Pietro could sense a certain level of concern within his friend, though he didn't think it a sign of weakness. Their recent discussion about her life had been an eye-opening experience for the Cardinal, and in some ways, had made him feel even more confident in her. Nevertheless, it would be something that he would need to address shortly.

"Indeed. Furthermore, it was the spiritual capital of the Warlords of the Sith. I am unsure as to what level of presence the soldiers of the Bogan retain upon the planet, but I'm sure we can expect a high level of resistance."

The Cardinal had his spies, that was not exactly a secret, yet even when discussing such matters with Isla, he tended to keep those contacts close to his chest. No matter how close one drew to the Cardinal, he couldn't allow himself to divulge his sources.

"That is our next task. Tash-Taral will be the final bastion of the Warlords, or whatever remnants of them hold sway. Once we take that world, we will have finally brought an end to their history within the Tingel Arm."

As they looked over the information on the holoprojector, Pietro drew closer, placing a calming hand on the Prime Minister's shoulder.

"How are you, Isla? I sense a deep concern within you."

He wouldn't usually bring such matters up within such a location, but the room had been emptied by the Cardinal, save for the pair of Veilbearers that remained next to the door. And they only answered to him... yet one of the many perks of being the Cardinal of Ashla.

5m5qOKV.png

AnFAv0X.png

"Their last system?" Isla replied thoughtfully, "Its hard to believe we have achieved so much, the Caldera is in our hands and most of the Eastern half of the old Sith Empire is now bathed in the light. The will of Ashla is strong."

She reviewed further information around Tash-Taral, the data of what they may encounter planet side was vague at best, it could be minimal, but as a final bastion of Sith space, it could be extremely well defended. "I would suggest sending a couple of Frigates as scouts to make some scans. It seems their is a stable hyperspace route from Praedia system, although with only one way in and out, i dont know." The Grand Admiral thought about sending stealth vessels in, but the Ashlans had very few cloaking devices, it could even be something they could request assistance from their allies with. Covert information gathering was a useful talent of the Eternal Empire, but she would need to consult her own intelligence analysts. "let me think on that, I am forming some ideas in my head." She noted a couple of the ideas down digitally for later review as she looked at the holomap thoughtfully, picturing the different possible lines of approach, maybe a single multi-role fighter equipped with scanning pods would suffice.

As Pietro put his hand on her shoulder as a comfort she sighed. "I am fine, its hard. I know the Ashlan faith does not preclude attachments but sometimes... I don't know. At what point do you stop looking? There are agents out their looking but it's a huge galaxy. What happened at the Gala is hard to deal with too, I have been present for the deaths of so many, but this one was like nothing else.

I am grateful that I have my work, and I won't lie and tell that Tiresh isn't on my mind, being able to focus single mindedly on our goals keeps me strong.

I miss her Pietro."
Isla for a few moments looked as though she could cry, but she blew out the tension and widened her eyes to settle herself down. Since they had been together, and before the disappearance, the two women had spoke almost every day, so the last couple of months had come as a big shock to Isla.

5m5qOKV.png

B9nmkYj.png

Equipment: Lightsaber Claymore, Ashlan battle armour Shock Gauntlet, Icarus gravpack, Ashlan Rosary, survival kit
Tags: Aria Scavo Aria Scavo

Before the assault...

Greer had gathered the two squads of Sister's of Ashla she was leading at the rally point not far from the base of the fortress. She had a ton of respect for the Sisters as a fighting force and was proud to lead them. She stood around and went over the plan, in the toxic atmosphere she had her helmet on, she felt so strange with a helmet on, having had to plait her thick hair to fit it on. She still looked unmistakably 'Greer' though with her tarted proudly wrapped around her full body armour.

"OK girls, plan, let's go kick their asses? Any questions?" she laughed

"OK, more details, artillery have done a number on a load of these statues on the way in, but surveillance says a few of them are still knocking about so we need to take care, same on the turrets. If you see a statues, blow it to dust, do not engage them on hand to hand unless you have to, or unless you are me alright?" Her thick accent made this all this danger seem almost light hearted.

Looking at the combat medic Aria Scavo Aria Scavo she gave a thumbs up, "Might have your work cut out for you today keeping us in one piece, up for the challenge?" of course she was, she was a Sister of Ashla after all.

She made a prayer to Ashla as the Sister's dropped to a knee and made their own pre-battle prayers before turning around and leading the way. They were hidden behind a stoney outcrop at the bottom of a large slop scattered with other obstacles, at least in wasn't an open shooting gallery. The air was thick and putrid, and a green oily condensation was forming on the outside of her armour. Why were these Sith worlds always so pleasant, she laughed, maybe there was a reason the Sith were so hateful.

She cheered and led the charge.

Up the hill....

The hill was not too steep, but it was unpleasant going with difficulty getting a foothold in places. Greer and the Sisters moved from cover to cover. Loosing suppressing fire at pockets of slave soldiers that tried to prevent against the advance. The slaves were of little consequence, poorly trained and unmotivated, they were also poorly equipped, but their positions were well dug in so still slowed the Ashlans down.

Their was a terrific grinding noise above Greer's head as she took cover in a recently cleared trench. A great stone hand tore open the thin rusted sheet metal cover and glared down at the Sisters before shining a metal sword one and a half times the height of one of the armoured women. Greer reacted fast and ignited her own blade. She caught the massive metal blade with her own, her blade bit deeply into it with a shower of sparks, and deflected it away from her. She had to deactivate her blade just as quickly to prevent the molten metal snatching the blade from her hand. "Fan out and open fire, I will keep him pinned down." The massive stature stepped into the defensive position as the Sister's spread out, Greer rolled past as he brought down his sword in a slicing action, trying to crush the Jedi. She swept back herself talking a chunk out of the arm, but barely slowing it. And now slaves from a nearby pit had a bead on Greer and wereaying down their own fire.

And so the dread world of Weken had finally been found. It had appeared in many tales, both fantastical and believable, from slaves fleeing the former territories of the Warlords of the Sith. Tales of the Fortress Ing Sedish, wrapped in darkness, seen only by the eyes of a few who never returned the same. It's lord was the infamous Kascalion Giedfield Kascalion Giedfield , who, given all that had transpired since his last appearance, the Crusade had reason to believe was dead. Darth Solipsis had shown himself as the true power behind the Sith, and with his declaration of being the next Sith'ari, one could only assume it meant all contenders for the title had perished, or at the least been relegated to the darkest corners of the galaxy in shame. Geiseric prayed that this dark corner had not become the prison for its owner.

He had scarcely believed such a place had existed, an apocryphal locale like the many labs of Darth Vinaze, or Exegol. Unfortunately the latter had proven to exist as well, bringing with it all too real and terrifying realizations.

Once again Geiseric, Eina, and Heinrich formed the vanguard. They had many times over proven their worth as leaders and elite combatants. If they were successful, as successful as they had been on Ilum, taking Ing Sedish was a real possibility, and that would lead them one step closer to Tash-Taral.

After Eina had teleported them inside, the two Jedi lit their iconic golden sabers, which complimented the radiant blazing glow of their angelic friend. Nameless, formless children of the Bogan attacked them from all around, as if the shadows creeping down the walls were jumping out at them. Of course, minions such as this were nothing their sabers could not handle, for their light shone the brightest when the darkness was thickest.

"So, I'm to be treated to dinner? Quite the deal, to say the least," he said with a sly grin.

Geiseric chuckled. Even in the depths of the abyss, it was these people who made him able to smile, to, for a moment, forget the gravity of the war they were fighting.

"No matter who wins, you'll be the loser." the trio knew full well Geiseric and Eina could not cook. They were not the housekeeping type. That's why Eina employed servants to their estate....

Heinrich Faust Heinrich Faust Eina L'lerim-Vandiir Eina L'lerim-Vandiir

Heiress and Princess of the Eternal Empire and Terraris; Angelic Mascot and Representative of the Ashlan Crusade
Eternal Empire's Ambassador to the Ashlan Crusade; Matriarch of the Valkyrja; Leader of Sanctuary and the Fjölkyngi Smiđr Guild
B9nmkYj.png
Equipment: Sverð Fyrstr (swords) | Ljósspjót (spear) | Skrúð Engill Fyrstr (armour) || Empyrean gland | OPBC-01m || Current appearance
5dt1Tto.png
[ Amen & Attack ]
<"High Nelvaanian"> | ["Essonian"] | ~ telepathic communication ~ | << comm. channel >>

Friends; yes, all three of them were. They may have formed a rather strange trio, but for Eina, her husband was not only the love and soul mate of her life, but also her best friend. Hei was the same for her, one of her best friends, and he was like her brother. She was always fond of it when the three of them were together like that. Whether on the battlefield or civilian. Because the woman loved that, besides her, Heinrich was the other person next to whom Gei could be freer and he was able to act more freely. And the woman was always happy when her beloved crusader smiled and was happy.

She chuckled too, Eina really couldn't cook, she didn't learn that. Partly because she didn't have to eat or drink. Through the dyad, of course, she could feel the taste of food and drink when Gei ate and drank. So if she liked something, she always asked her husband to eat and drink more of certain things. But she never tasted it herself, Gei asked her for it in vain. Yet she would have been able to eat, drink them, and digest them, but no. She always said she leaves this enjoyment to the living.

As the two golden lightsabers activated next to her, Eina in the Force shone in such a colour. Though in this darkness, in reality, her aura glowed very little in the light of Ashla. She saw that the creatures in the dark had fled here. She smiled involuntarily at her husband's laughter; she loved to hear it. After that, she looked at Hei and nodded her brother's words. It was time to start.

["Let them know we're here!"] she told them in Essonian.

She began to concentrate, now she was apparently surrounded by Ashla's light, the golden aura, a warm, pleasant feeling. It lit like a torch in the deepest darkness, and not just in the Force. And her strength ran through the entire fort. Everyone, every living thing, demon and dead, felt that someone had invaded the castle, that Ashla's forces were here. And also where the "invitation" came from. The Valkyrja opened her eyes down where she was with the two men. She could already feel and see, her light was no longer so bright because she was no longer focused on it.

["They're coming, they know we're here. Be ready!"] she warned them.

The walls shook, heavy footsteps were heard from outside as someone or something approached hurriedly. The ground also moved under the legs of the triple. The marble was shattered in several places, and dead creatures buried under the ground began to climb out. Demons resembling a larger statue emerged from the walls in several places and came to life.

The welcoming committee and the outpost woke up and arrived…

Gc0h2xK.png

flnnNc5.png

A R I A⠀ S C A V O
OBJECTIVE: Assault the Dread Fortress with Greer Caimbeulaich Greer Caimbeulaich
TAGS: Greer Caimbeulaich Greer Caimbeulaich & Open!

Gradual of Eleanor of Brittany

Aria was armed to the teeth this time, assigned to a combat squad instead of the cosy, sterile confines of a starship. Donning her Armour of Sanctity for the first time, paired with a LPD-31 rifle and a hefty medkit, she was more than ready for what was to come. Not to say this wasn't a terrifying ordeal, the towering fortress was particularly imposing and worrisome yet she put faith in her sisters, faith withstanding against the knowledge of hordes of sithspawn and minions she knew laid in wait within. Her armour bolstering her confidence and weapons poised as her team prepared for the assault.

Her squad was requisitioned by Greer Caimbeulaich Greer Caimbeulaich , an individual that she hadn't met yet although she looked like she know what she was doing, which put Aria's mind at ease. She listened in attentively to the briefing Greer was providing, straining through the ambience of artillery and gunfire. Aria met her gaze through her helmet as she turned to her after finishing the briefing,

Looking at the combat medic Aria Scavo Aria Scavo she gave a thumbs up, "Might have your work cut out for you today keeping us in one piece, up for the challenge?" of course she was, she was a Sister of Ashla after all.

Aria said nothing, instead offering a salute by swiftly bringing her fist to her chest.. she was unsure whether she could muster words at the moment and didn't want to risk it. She joined her sisters in a quick prayer, taking a knee and uttering her own invocation, she would need it.

Up the hill....

She charged with her squad up the hill, fighting with the terrain to gain a foothold as she ascended the land. Aria stuck near the back of the squad, she was no use to them if she was taken out. As she ascended she'd fire a few shots towards the slaves, assisting in laying covering fire as the sisters moved up.

"
What the crik.." she thought out loud, eyeing the sword wielding foe. She wasted no time and fanned out with her squadmates, taking as much cover as possible. Peeking above the makeshift trench she found herself taking cover in, she found herself to be in an optimal position, overlooking a rabble of slaves who appeared to have a direct line of sight on Greer. As her fellow sisters divided their attention between the sword-wielding maniac and the poorly trained hordes, Aria focused on the slaves within the pit. Taking a deep breath she unleashed a salvo of several well-placed shots into the group, cleanly taking out at least two~ pinning her accuracy on her faith moreso than her training.

5m5qOKV.png

Last edited:

B9nmkYj.png

Tags:

kP1KTsJ.png

Sanctus Dominus

The shadows converged upon them as Eina sent the presence of the Light outward, coaxing them into a fight with the signal of their arrival. Heinrich looked over his shoulder to the others as Geiseric made his comment, offering a scoff in jest.

"Well I suppose we're all in trouble then."

The first of the denizens of darkness began to pour through the dark halls of the Dread Fortress, rushing toward the trio as they desperately sought to defend their master's home. Heinrich reached out with his free hand, calling out to Ashla as emerald lightning began to shoot forth from his fingertips. The first couple of shadows were evaporated in an instant, and in that moment, the Blade of Ession charged forth. His golden blade sliced through another dark demon, spitting it in too as if it weren't even there. These beings felt much weaker than anticipated, but what they lacked in power, they made up for in sheer numbers. Despite this, Heinrich couldn't help but think that there were worse monsters than these within Ing Sedish...

Then, the room began to tremble.

"What the-"

The floor opened up, and out of the gaping cracks came the undead. Heinrich's blade swung downward just in time to dispatch two such creatures that had sought to reach for his leg, prompting him to pull back toward the others for a moment. As he looked around the room, the walls themselves seemed to come alive, taking the shape of larger monstrosities as the trio were slowly surrounded.

"I suppose it wasn't ever going to be that easy."

Another demon reached out to him, just missing a strike as Heinrich ducked beneath its clawed hand. As he moved beneath the creature's arm, his blade swung outward, bisecting the demonic entity before it had the chance to recover from the strike.

It seemed that the fortress would live up to its reputation after all...

5m5qOKV.png

AnFAv0X.png

kP1KTsJ.png

Salve Regina

"It is truly something to marvel at, isn't it? To think of how far we have come. I never doubted our potential, and yet, it is remarkable just how blessed we have been. Ashla's will is strong indeed."

He listened intently to the Prime Minister as she discussed potential plans for Tash-Taral. The Easternmost holy world of the Sith would prove to be a challenge, of that much the Cardinal was sure. The Warlords were a very devout lot, even if it was in a misguided direction. In truth, Pietro often wondered what could have been, had their followers only taken a different path. Had they chosen the Light, the Crusade would have certainly found great use for them. But alas, they opted for heresy and darkness instead.

"I don't expect them to have a strong fleet, though perhaps sending a small fleet of our own into the region would be wise nonetheless. If nothing else, we will want to ensure that they can not escape Ashla's judgment."

It appeared that his feeling about her state of mind was accurate. He didn't hold it against her; their conversation about her relationship had shown him more than enough to understand.

"I want you to know that I've taken the liberty of putting word out to several members of the Jury. Not many, only the most trustworthy and discrete. They are already doing what they can to help."

It was a long shot, even when accounting for the skill of the Jurors. They were very accustomed to finding those whom did not want to be found, but it took time. Time that, perhaps, Isla's partner would not have. Nevertheless, the Cardinal wished to help.

"I appreciate your continued dedication, though should you ever need time, you are welcome to take it. It's the least that could be done for all of your valuable work."

The thought of losing a loved one was not lost on Pietro. In truth, he had, at times, felt like he had lost more than he would like to admit. But this was not about him, this was about his friend.

"I'm sure that she'll be found. And if anyone hurts her, they will have the full fiery judgment of Ashla to deal with. That is a promise."

5m5qOKV.png

B9nmkYj.png

Equipment: Lightsaber Claymore, Ashlan battle armour Shock Gauntlet, Icarus gravpack, Ashlan Rosary, survival kit
Tags: Aria Scavo Aria Scavo

Greer ducked down as high caliber rounds blew over her head into the monster, showing her with enchanted masonry, she was pleased for the protection of her helmet when a piece of exploding shrapnel ricocheted hard off of her temple plate. The disciplined volleys from the Sister's was taking its tall on the large construct, but even better they were pushing it backwards off of its centre and trying to balance was throwing off its combat effectiveness.

Greer saw her opening as the monster reeled backwards. She lunged forwards and swept with her massive sword, aiming for the ankle, the thinnest part of the tough material. Bringing the varperline enhanced blade around in a low hum before a metal against stone clash cut through the leg and brought the flailing beast down. She lifted her sword again and decapitated it in a single blow. Finally it lay stationary.

Her victory was short lived however as in the distraction, the cultists had moved up and she heard the staccato of heavy machine gun fire into her position. Greer sent commands to her Sisters fire team, just as one of the women went down, the heavy rounds finding a weak spot in her armour. The armoured woman yelled as her armour was breached in a shower of blood. Greer could not pause help as she was attempting to push with the other fire team to take out the position and prevent further casualties, but in her quick glance, the blow looked fatal "Man down! Check her quickly and move!" she shouted as another burst of rounds came their way. This time Greer was ready and she managed to get a force barrier up in front of herself and the soldiers by her sides. She growled as she expected herself to hold back the incoming fire. This would hopefully give her sisters the cover they needed to return fire and take out the position. A missile streaked over head past them and landed, things were definitely heating up.

AnFAv0X.png

Isla was glad her lord was also a friend that valued her, that was one this that did make the whole situation easier, not having to watch her back for someone waiting for her to put a foot wrong and call her unfit for duty. "Thank you, I truly appreciate all the support, and if I find out who had her and need to borrow a few orbital cannons, i will make sure you are the first to know." she laughed lightly, revenge was not the Ashlan way, but they were only human after all, they could feel anger, and jealousy and even vengeance, but needed to keep it tightly in check. She would only request personal leave of absence if she felt this discipline beginning to slip.

"Speaking further of our future liberation," The hologram shifted to their southern border "This planet is Munto Codru, the ancestral home of Queen Enzar of Codru Secundus, she is has for obvious reasons, taken an interest in our movements their. As you know, her planetary company is an important contractor for the Ashlan Military, and I feel that ridding her old planet of the Bryn'adul would put us in an excellent position to potentially bring her in as a formal part of the Crusade." Isla and Hanaya had become friends and the Queen had joked that if the Crusade freed Munto Codru they would never have to pay another credit for ships again.

Now a face appeared on the screen, one of Zolasha Tyrin Zolasha Tyrin . "This is the only unknown quantity in that arrangement, her name is Zolasha. Princess Zolasha Tyrin to be exact, The Queen will be marrying her some time in the next year. We have little information to go on, but there is some information that connects her with the Sith, the information is history though, nothing current.

The Queen has always been open about her neutrality, and I have not seen any change in her since Zolasha came on the scene, except maybe a few more smiles. But it is something to be aware of."

The hologram faded and returned to the galactic map that Pietro had originally showed her, it her a great sense of pride looking at the large area of space the Ashlans now protected.

5m5qOKV.png

Heiress and Princess of the Eternal Empire and Terraris; Angelic Mascot and Representative of the Ashlan Crusade; Living Saint of Ashla
B9nmkYj.png
5dt1Tto.png
[ Amen & Attack ]
<"High Nelvaanian"> | ["Essonian"] | ~ telepathic communication ~ | << comm. channel >>

["It's just you who is in trouble, I don't have to eat and drink anything."] she laughed softly at Heinrich's words.

All this despite the fact that she had already felt the enemy approaching. She took her two swords in her hand as she took an offensive stance. The Valkyrja couldn't wait for the enemy to show up. Eina really loved to fight against such creatures. They were no longer alive, if they were demons, and then there was no going back for them, they were already in the karma of Bogan. It was her job to protect the souls. Killing the living was the opposite. But demons and the undead killed souls. That’s why she existed, so that’s why she loved what she did.

Countless souls escape from destruction by destroying these creatures. No, she doesn’t send them back to Netherworld, half the solution, she has to deal with them there again. To destroy; there was no other solution.

As Heinrich set off, so did she. The Valkyrja was perfectly confident that Gei would cover them from behind. She knew it would be so, since the man was the other half of her soul. They knew each other perfectly and knew each other's every step and what they were going to make next. Eina had no momentary doubt about it, if she made a mistake, her partner, her husband would be there and make the mistake go away immediately. They always did the same when they went into a battle together.

Her movement was elegant and graceful, and despite her wings, she almost danced with her two swords between demons and the undead. As the other demons climbed out of the wall, she teleported behind them, and while Gei was fighting them from frontwise, she did the same from behind, other times it was the opposite. And the couple destroyed their enemies in a matter of seconds. Like Heinrich's did with his own opponents. That is why there was soon no enemy left in the hall.

["I'm going forward, follow me, Gei is covering us from behind."] she told them.

It was a peremptory tone in her voice as when her mother ordered or commanded something. But that was the best way to take care of Heinrich if he was between two people who essentially read each other’s thoughts and anticipate each other’s actions. With that, she was literally rushing out into the hallway. There, too, Eina killed quite a few demons, undead, and only wounded many, leaving them to Heinrich and Geiseric. She soon reached the stairs at the end of the corridor, where more enemies were waiting.

And Eina did not stop, but went on, still killing the enemy on the stairs as she made her way up…

Gc0h2xK.png

flnnNc5.png

B9nmkYj.png

Tags:

kP1KTsJ.png

Sanctus Dominus

The demons were cut down nearly as fast as they came at the trio, falling to the holy might of Ashla as they attempted to stop the Crusaders in their tracks. Heinrich had cut several more down as a thought crossed his mind... he hadn't seen Eina like this before. Though he was aware of her heritage and the purpose of her people, she had often exhibited a much softer side when around her comrades. Today, this was a very different Eina, as if she carried all of the judgment of Ashla within her strikes.

"Looks like I have some catching up to do."

The Blade of Ession leapt through the air, landing behind a group of as his blade cut across, bisecting two more of the creatures. A flurry of strikes followed as his blade continued to cut down each oncoming beast, allowing his body to move fluidly through each strike. It was almost like a dance, in its own way, as he gracefully cut down several more foes. It wasn't long after that the room had been cleared, and Eina had begun making her way through the halls. Heinrich and Geiseric followed, moving deeper into the Dread Fortress.

"Lead the way, I'll be right behind you."

They continued their push into the dark citadel of Ing Sedish, cutting down several more foes as they pressed their attack. Heinrich found himself almost enjoying the cleansing of this place. Though the darkness was not something to be trifled with, there was a certain level of comfort knowing that the Light was on their side. It was a microcasm of the Crusade's recent victories, a shining example of what gave them their strength. They were the sword and shield of Ashla, and nothing could stand in their way as long as they stayed true to their path.

Today, Ashla's Light would burn the darkness from Weken once and for all.

5m5qOKV.png

AnFAv0X.png

kP1KTsJ.png

Salve Regina

Pietro smiled at the mention of the orbital cannons. Though the Prime Minister was clearly joking, the Cardinal would likely approve the maneuver. Those responsible for the crime would end up paying, one way or another. To Pietro, it wasn't a matter of vengeance, but of justice. And when contending with the evils of the Bogan, justice often meant swift and direct retribution.

"Hopefully it won't come to that."

As the holo shifted, Pietro eyed the image of Munto Codru. It was a planet that, admittedly, had been on his mind for some time.

"The Codru-Ji have been an absolute boon to the Crusade for years now. It only feels right that we help them take their home back."

He zoomed in on the system, eyeing potential routes by which they may reach the planet.

"I believe we can liberate the planet within months, Ashla willing. It will take much longer to heal the planet, of course, but pushing whatever remnants of the Bryn'adul from the planet will certainly be a strong start."

The Cardinal grew quiet at the mention of this soon to be wife of the queen. He had heard whispers of this union, and the person that was meant to become the queen's partner. He thought for a moment before choosing to speak once again.

"For now, I'm willing to treat this as a rumor, and nothing more. At least, until we can gather the necessary proof. I don't wish to sully our relationship with Queen Enzar without good reason."

If Pietro had his way, there would be a full investigation into the matter, but unfortunately, the ever-looming complications of politics got in the way. He often found himself held back by the trappings of political office, almost as often as he felt emboldened by them. He would have to approach the situation gingerly if he were to do so at all.

"I trust that the Jury will be able to find the truth, whatever it may be. Until then, we will simply have to keep a close eye on Zolasha."

5m5qOKV.png

AnFAv0X.png

"I have an idea on the topic of Zolasha Tyrin Zolasha Tyrin , I consider the Queen a friend and have trust in her, so I will ask for a political dinner with her new Princess. I see very little risk in thar request and I am interested to meet the woman on a personal level too, hopefully by meeting her as a friend, I guage what level of risk she may pose." This would be an interesting meet, she trusted that if she asked Hanaya directly and honestly to meet with her betrothed then the Codru-ji had no reason to refuse unless she felt it would put either party in danger.

"Yes, I feel that would be the best way to approach this, a low level darksider at the side of a key ally would be unfortunate but the war against the Bogan sometimes finds us unusual allies doesn't it?"

She continued with her work as she spoke, the biochip made remote command and control a breeze as SAINT would help her proritize, and even forward requests on to the right party. Like the cruiser captain who felt it necessary to send a fuel replenishment requisition to the grand admiral rather than the fleet quartermasters.

"It looks like the station is coming along very well at the moment, I hope it is all up to your standards?" she smiled and paused for a moment.

"There is also the little matter of the Alliance and Imperials and their silly cold War. It boggles me how the Mawites haven't forced them into an alliance together by now, but Rurik Fel Rurik Fel seems increasingly isolationist, their recent government changes makes me wonder whether there is turmoil at the top. Now, I have never been shy about my issues with the Imperials and their doctrine, but this activity is concerning. Particularly since the ending of Bastion.

The other factor is the upcoming elections in the Alliance. Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe has been an effective Chancellor, but is ultimately a bean counter, a costly war would be anathema to him. Who is to say though that another more aggressive leader would think differently."
It was a powder Keg waiting to blow at the slightest spark and if both sides truly have instability at the very top, then the situation was certainly volatile.

The mawites were clearly the most dangerous foe, and yet two otherwise peaceful and prosperous nations would rather shoot at each other and let their western borders be over run. She had to tread carefully with this situation, there was a lot of historic loyalty to the NIO, but Isla and several other high profile Ashlans felt their nation had more in common with the Galactic Alliance, "Did you know that one of the favourite candidates for their election is a close friend Cedric Grayson Cedric Grayson ? I spoke to her a while ago at a party I attended with Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix on Alderaan."

Senator Auteme Auteme seemed like a decent woman as far as polticians go, and it really caught Isla by suprise that despite the emnity towards the Alliance by certain Ashlans, their next chancellor may be a willing and supportive ally. If she was to be elected, Isla felt that it was a route that should be pursued to hopfully strengthen the position of the Ashlan Crusade. This however all hindged on whether the New Imerials and the Alliance were able to step away from the brink.

5m5qOKV.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom