Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Feature X Update: It's All About Flair, Baby

Residential Archfey

"I know you're frightened.

You're terribly frightened by what you've seen.

But I'm not going to lie to you.

Your friends... are not prepared for this fight."

feb708837735350433e81fd1312557b0.gif

Courtesy of Tefka finally making a significant breakthrough on how to code mods for the website, a new searchbar has been added for the flairs. This will be improved over time (not all colors are added to the search, but all titles are - ie, you can search "jedi" and get all jedi flairs.) and is a fun way to browse through our selections.

In addition, 170+ new flairs have been added to our current growing selection.

Also, a new QOL change has been made to add the Flair Chooser to your Account Menu Dropdown.

8ecfc29f33a12d66356a6f296021f62a.png

1678758755672.png
1678758765653.png
1678758778953.png
1678758789322.png
1678758801451.png
1678758810129.png
1678758822554.png
1678758841406.png

Are we able to add them from the search bar? I noticed that, at least in my attempt, that despite searching for them I had to scroll down and find them in the masses still. It's definitely a good feature for checking for certain ones in particular though.

Are we able to add them from the search bar? I noticed that, at least in my attempt, that despite searching for them I had to scroll down and find them in the masses still. It's definitely a good feature for checking for certain ones in particular though.

no, and that's by design. The search area is like, a test field. I could add it, and have had it added in testing, but it's even more confusing so I removed the ability.

In a perfect world we'd probably fully integrate search bar function and even reordering flairs, but that would require a huge amount of work for such a small payoff compared to the very small amount of work this took.

And by small, like a few weekends worth of messing with it.

no, and that's by design. The search area is like, a test field. I could add it, and have had it added in testing, but it's even more confusing so I removed the ability.

In a perfect world we'd probably fully integrate search bar function and even reordering flairs, but that would require a huge amount of work for such a small payoff compared to the very small amount of work this took.

And by small, like a few weekends worth of messing with it.
No worries, sounds good. Wasn't sure if I just didn't use it right lmao

Love the new flairs, took me a moment to realise the search wasn't supposed to add them, but they are alphabetical order so easy enough to find. Only issues are that the search bar is exact search of file name rather than best guess. For example "House Solus" gives me no results because the file name has no space in it. This also means that searching by colour etc. Doesn't seem to work.

But awesome work

Love the new flairs, took me a moment to realise the search wasn't supposed to add them, but they are alphabetical order so easy enough to find. Only issues are that the search bar is exact search of file name rather than best guess. For example "House Solus" gives me no results because the file name has no space in it. This also means that searching by colour etc. Doesn't seem to work.

But awesome work

Yeah its a direct alphanumeric match, so “solus” would match, spaces will mess u up, Partial text works.

I can add more hints to help on the search screen. Colors, as stated in the announcement, are WIP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom