Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public WOOKIEE AID | Relief Concert for Kashyyyk

BB-4001A

B
A dark scar marks a smoldering wound in Kashyyyk's unique ecosystem.

A brazen attack by House Io destroyed the Silver Rest and set fire to multiple levels of the surrounding worshyr trees. As the Jedi begin their work to rebuild, some Wookies find themselves displaced by the damage to their communal trees. Wildlife shelters find their resources stretched by the native fauna that had their territory reduced to ash.

Four companies, from the Core to the Expansion Region, have banded together for free publicity to bring attention to the plight of Kashyyyk.

...but also good publicity.

The result was :

WOOKIEE AID
sponsored by
Corellia Digital | Offworld Exports | Sasori Research & Design | Lucerne Labs

featuring
Zak Dymo
of Underground Revival

Dak Hobson

...and more!
hZFxlpS.png

temple.png

C O M M E N O R
The City of Anteluma

The young Nautolan stood on the stage.

He could feel the heat radiating from the lights overhead.

All eyes on him.

Drawing in a deep breath, the boy let it out in a slow sigh as he gripped the neck of the electric xantha. His free hand was raised overhead, fingers flexing in a single moment of silence. Only the sound of his breathing. The pounding of his own heart beat. The nervous energy rising like bile in the back of his throat...

Then it was gone.

In an instant, the silence was shattered by a guitar rift that shot out over the crowd. He felt the Force as though it ran through him like electricity. Connecting him to the music. Connecting him to the crowd.

On both the strings and the neck of the instrument, the young Nautolan was a flurry of motion and sound, his Jedi reflexes giving him preternatural precision while the touch of Force Speed that accompanied his movements allowed him an intensity that was inhuman. Behind him, the drums and other instruments kicked in, as the boy's opening rift became an opening bridge of symphonic metal that played out over the course of several minutes. The boy's head-tails whipped back and forth with the motion of his body, as the boy seemed to commit his entire being to the music.

Then he raised his hand aloft, the music slowly fading as the instrumental piece came to its conclusion. A breathless Zak was gasping for air, sweating under the lights and looking out over the crowd.

"Hello, Commenor!"

Adjusting his grip on the xantha, the Nautolan gulped in a breath of air as he braced himself for their first real set. "Is everybody ready to rock?" the boy asked, tipping his head back to flip the head-tails out of his face.

With that, the boy's hand hit the strings.

The sound reverberated through the stadium, the drums kicking in as the song hit. Then Zak stepped forward as his vocals joined the sound. "Who me? No way. I'm not the one..." the boy began, providing the lyrics to the song in Basic.

He changed it up for the second part of the song, switching instead to his native Nautila language.

He might only be warming the crowd up for The Golden Voice that was following his act on the stage, but the boy hoped to give Commenor a good time.

Last edited by a moderator:
She'd never been able to get out much back on her backwater homeworld - that was part of being a member of a noble household even if she wasn't technically full-bloodied nobility herself. And while she had seen holos of concerts in the outside galaxy, it was a far different experience actually being in one herself. Hundreds of different species jostled and mixed as people pushed their way to the front in a surprisingly festive, carefree atmosphere - it was a far cry from the regulated military life - and one she was keen to embrace.

If Zeltros is a tenth-like this, I can see why people why people would never want to leave...

She let the music flow through her and immerse herself in it, eagerly giving herself to the roar and accolades of the crowd - thrilled and overwhelmed to be part of an experience so much larger than herself. The rush of emotion that went with it was utterly intoxicating, and she would loathe to leave it behind when the night was done. She idly tapped her foot and nodded to the beat of the music, eying those around her who were a little bit more carefree with expressing themselves or dancing...that wasn't her thing...not yet at least. All of those lessons in ballroom dancing were pretty useless here - she'd have to pick up a few new moves herself here or improvise.

Zak Dymo

Commenor
Tags: Zak Dymo, Trista Consta Trista Consta , Kyell Laysel

Jasper found himself on Commenor actually doing bartender things, something he felt he hadn't done in a very long time, at least since he visited Tython. He had taken up a gig serving drinks to concert attendees on the forest planet of a concert intended to shed light on recent recovery efforts on Kashyyyk. Despite the crowd being lively, Japer's bar wasn't very crowded. Most patrons took their drinks to go, taking it with them to enjoy the music. It gave him some much needed time to reflect upon the events of the past few days. The exile also hadn't come alone. Dex and Lana decided to accompany him as well, in no short part due to Lana's insistence on tagging along. His friend was still upset about Jasper putting himself in danger on Tython.

"I'm too old for this," Dex complained, scratching at the bridge of his nose. He and Lana were sitting on the other side of the bar. "Crowds drive me crazy. The screaming is gonna make me blow an eardrum."

"It's not that bad," Jasper shrugged. "The music drowns it out."

Forget your medication? Lana signed with a mute snicker.

"Shut yer yap," Dex scowled. "I'm not that old." The one-eyed Nautolan stood, his knees popping. "I'm gonna go find a quiet place to take a nap."

With that, Dex departed, leaving only two at the bar. "Well," Jasper began, "What about you."

I'm climbing up to get a better view, Lana responded, gesturing to the top of the Philosopher. Don't wanna go out there. Can't dance.

"Alright," Jasper nodded with a grin. "Don't trip on your way up."

The Twi'lek lightly punched Jasper in the shoulder before leaving the counter and setting off to see the show. Jasper sighed. He was still thinking about how ultimately useless he had been on Tython. The desire to defend had always been ingrained into his nature, so it was crushing for him to, in his own mind, fall so short. He no longer had his friends to distract him from his thoughts. He was alone, and the counter at his bar was open.

| Open to Interaction |

Grendel as a small time merc knew he had to take any job he could get that's why he when to Commenor, where there was people there was always someone that needed to be hit or needed a bit of extra muscle and Grendel was good at that at least if nothing else.

Feeling thirsty Grendel's first port of call was a bar any bar really, he hadn't been wondering for long before the sound of lively music reached his ears Grendel decided that place would be his watering hole for the night. Squeezing through the front door Grendel made a bee line for the near empty bar itself everyone in the place had their attention placed firmly on the stage.

"Bartender strongest thing you have" Grendel grumbled

The bartender slid a drink towards Grendel that smelled like sulfuric acid and Grendel slid some credits back. Sipping on his drink Grendel decided to actually look for work in the morning and besides in a place as busy as this a punch up was almost a certainty so Grendel decide to stand at the bar and wait for something interesting to happen.

He stood still from his place in the back and watched the crowd. He was wearing black boots and a black coat that fluttered in the wind. John grimaced. Normally, he would plug his ears with his thumbs to rid himself of the adolescent's attempt at karaoke. He looked around to make sure he wasn't being watched. Then, John bent down. More precisely, he hunched. Actually, he stooped on one knee. Carefully, carefully, he retrieved a spade from an interior pocket, a very shiny spade, and plunged it into the ground.

"Master, watch closely."

His spade broke 4 inches into the Commenor soil. John took out a grimy mason jar from his coat. Unscrewing the top, he spaded brown-red topsoil into the jar, inch by inch, clump by clump. He held the jar up to the light and shook it. With a single deft hand motion he reached into his coat pocket- the dark pockets and oily zippers and elastic bands like a Coruscant backalley in miniature- and retrieved a single green seed. He planted the seed into the hole and covered it up with dirt. The constant gardener John could swear he heard he a growl as he tucked away the seedling.

"Sleep tight."

John then realized he needed to blend in. He slapped his face and pumped his fist in the air. "Let's party! Yeah!"

Last edited:
Be careful what you wish for.
"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean;
if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty." - Mahatma Gandhi

He was not here to shoot an episode of "Cooking with Caltin." though his staff was here and catering the event.

He was not here in an official capacity. Though it impossible to hide a Jedi that was 6'6 around 400 pounds.

He was not even here for the Wookiee clan that he had been an unofficial member of for so long, though many of them were here as well to take in the evening.

Caltin was here on a date with his wife.

So leave me the (censored) alone. heh heh.

tag: Whoever wishes to converse! (Seriously, he won't bite.;))

resonant-staff-hilt-lit-6.png

"Vanguard" (Secondary - Long Handle)
0cf9376e75158d86a4aaeac9fb408128.jpg

"CONSERVATOR" (Primary - Long Handle)
HK-88 Robes, Battle Armor,Toraynor-Henkan(mind crystal added) Advanced Jedi Utility Belt
Starship: Spectre, (Jedi Interceptor in the hangar, Dilorian, and Bike both in the cargo bay, the late Karki Eusith's Armor, Shield, Temple Guard Lightsaber mounted on the wall)
Sanctuary Island

BB-4001A

B
When the last note of the first song had faded into echo, the boy unslung the xantha.

Passing the instrument off to a stage hand, the boy swapped it instead for a seven-string hallikset. Throwing the strap over his head, the boy adjusted how it lay across the shoulder as he started to strum and tune the instrument.

As he did, he looked out over the stage and asked, "Is everyone having a good time?"

As the crowd answered back, the boy started into a instrumental bridge. Fingers dancing along the strings and the neck of the instrument, the melody seemed to intensify and then ease back several times as the melody started to take shape.

Then Zak looked up and sang, "To-day is gonna be the day that they're gonna throw it back to you. By now, you should've somehow realized what you gotta do. I don't believe that anybody feels the way I do... about you now."

The strings kicked in again, the melody accompanying the lyrics as he started into the next set of lyrics that would take him into the bridge and chorus.

When this song was finished, the boy would depart the stage so that Dak Hobson could come on as their headliner.

Dak Hobson

D

ALL THE GALAXY IS A STAGE… AND IT’S SHOWTIME!
DeepImpoliteDassierat-small.gif

Tour Stop: Commenor
How did you get there?: “The Golden Wings
Yep, I'm wearing "
The Eye of Pantor", and have my lightsaber nearby
Who are you playing to?: WOOKIEE AID

So there I was, back Commenor. I love this place. I was heartbroken when I had read and heard the news about what happened to the Wookiees, about the attack on the Rest, the trees, all those Jedi, all those people. The damage is still visible, but the planet is healing. The people are healing. They need more though. I never really thought much about the HHN or HNN, or really any broadcast company, they always have their own slant on things but these people seem "good", they want to help not only get the news out there but help the people. Maybe that is why I'm here? Not just for publicity or because I have time before my next tour or anything. I want to be a part of it.

They made me the headliner. So many great acts and they made me the headliner. Wow. It's an honor indeed, but it's also a lot of pressure. That's okay, it's going to be a great time. The boys have never been better, and I'm feeling good. I have an AA meeting in a few minutes, but that won't last long. I will be getting my five-year chip today! So that will be a good thing. It really is a shame that Jo didn't stick around to see this. Though to be frank, she never really wanted to stop the party. I don't either, mine just goes a little differently now.

I have a new manager. Nervous little guy. Sweaty. Not sweaty in a shady, neurotic way, but probably in the way that he might be in over his head right now, it's alright, he'll do well I'm sure. I miss my old manager Kindi, but what can I say? She went on to bigger and better things, like running my record label. She's going to have that up and running like clockwork in no time. She wouldn't mind me going out and around this venue like "Taud" is freaking out about. He doesn't get that I wouldn't be me if I didn't walk around among the people here. Yeah, I'll get mobbed, yeah, I'll be signing a lot of autographs but that is what I do. Oh well. It's going to be a blast.

And maybe I can get in on that silent auction. That's a nice yacht!

No two ways about it. This new manager was something else. Hiring someone to follow me, like he didn't think I could spot a tail. I know my fans, and I know when I can and cannot walk around. There was just too much to be seen. The art museum that was set up was beautiful. Not to mention the speeder show that was arranged. It makes me want to become a collector. I love some of these "super"speeders, but I'm more a fan of the "muscle"speeder style. I just like what I am seeing among these. I made a bid on that yacht the Jedi's company donated for the raffle, it looks cool. I'm also proud to say that I bought tickets for the cruise ship raffle and started handing them out.

Ain't I a sweety?

Oh well, I need a bite before Zak gets on stage. She puts on a great show, I'm a big fan of hers. It looks like these fans haven't gotten an autograph from me in while. It's okay, I'm happy to take care of them.

No matter how long I've been doing this, it still amazes me just how many people appreciate what I do. How can you NOT love this showing? I mean really, this is what it's really all about, isn't it? The people. Making them happy by doing something that makes you happy. I love my job! I'm hungry, I needed to get something to eat so I hit the bazaar. Wow, that reminds me, 'Dymo puts on a fantastic show! Wish I would have seen him show live sooner, I am definitely glad that I had the chance to see it through. I was a fan before, definitely more of one now, from how one song flows to the next. How engaged with the crowd he is.

I would say how much it's been an honor for me to have such a superstar be one of my openers, but I don't think he was "an opener" anymore. I think she just happened to go on ahead of me. It's alright though, I'm glad to close out a night like this. He's put a lot of pressure on me, I'll step up.

I had to double-time it backstage to get ready in time. Only had about a half-hour between her closer and my opener. So I hopped in the refresher and got changed. We did sound tests, I just needed my normal smoothie before the show to soothe my vocal cords, and I was good! I wish this journal could have picked up on the crowd, they were crazy! All screaming my name like I was some kind of cult deity! I swear, if I had an ego… well… bigger than the one that I have… that I would run with this! But I digress.

So I'll just hit the "record" button on this journal and let you listen.

Crowd stomping in unison to the rhythm of 1,2… 345 "Give us Hobson!"Crowd stomping in unison to the rhythm of 1,2… 345 "Give us Hobson!" Crowd stomping in unison to the rhythm of 1,2… 345 "Give us Hobson!"

Okay, I'm going to stop the recording right here to describe to you how the light show started and they just ERUPTED. It was so great, all the people just so happy to see the lightning system go OFF… then as my little platform is slowly lifted to the stage there was joy, there were tears. I tell you, this is what it's all about. Anyway, back to the recording.

"Well! Lookee here! What are YOU guys doing here?!" crowd cheers "It's almost like you waited around for someone to sing!" more raucous behavior "Though before I do, let me ask you something. How many of you came out to the stage to see Zak Dymo ?" Enthusiastic response "That's what I thought, I did too. Let me ask you, does he put on a show or WHAT?!!" The boisterous applause became much louder. "Man, let me tell you... my 'Co-Headliner' was great! It's an honor for a little kid from Corellia with a dream in his eye to have shared the stage with such a star."

The band started to tune up as the excitement level skyrocketed.

"It looks like the boys are ready! You ready?" Cheers "I'm ready! Hey boys, you ready?!" The band responds with their instrument "Well then let's do this!"
]SPOILER]
"YEAH!" Crowd erupts "I love that song, it really sets the mood for the night, you know? Though I have to be honest, it makes me wonder..." More cheers as they know the song coming "How many singles out there?" Loud response "Oh yeah? How many 'Hopeless Romantics' out there?" an even louder response with more excitement. "You ever get that feeling after a breakup that "that special someone" is still out there and you just need to find her? I did... I still do! This song always speaks to me...

"ALRIGHT!" Crazy cheers Hey band! musical response "You guys look like you need to use the restroom or something!" musical negative response as he laughs to the crowd "Alright, one more? Okay, how about we do one more and you guys get a drink while I tell a story on my own, cool?" slow song opening as the crowd goes up again "You guys good?!"

"Alright, you guys! Go get some water. I'm gonna chat with these lovely people!"

TGV.gif

Kyell Laysel

K

Tag: Zak Dymo Trista Consta Trista Consta Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el Dak Hobson

Kyell adjusted his jacket and drew in a small breath before he entered the cantina. It was rare for him to visit places like this, but after meeting Miri Nimdok Miri Nimdok recently, he had felt a little more confident in himself, and open to meeting new people. Most of his life had been spent alone, focusing on music or his Jedi training, and he felt it was time to change it a bit. Now that he had finally made some friends, he realized just what a difference it made in how he felt.

This event was also to support the Silvers, and while he himself wasn't a member of their order, he still held them in high respect and considered them fellow Jedi. So he had no problem showing up and was even looking forward to it.

That said, Kyell was no dancer, so the first thing he did after entering was move around the dancefloor in a wide arc until he ended up at the bar and greeted Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el with a nod. Now came the part he usually felt awkward about — he reached for his datapad and typed away on it before sliding it over so the bartender could read the display.

I can't talk, but I'd like some whiskey, please.

He had never actually had whiskey before, but today was all about trying new things for him, so he figured he might as well give it a fair shot.

Kashyyyk had been attacked and Junko had heard about it.. she sent ships from the Commonwealth to aid it and well had told Shoma Ike Shoma Ike to make sure everything was okay... he was likely distracted by the infamous padawan menace Zak Dymo so she would have to work on it. She came though because Matsu had been named grandmaster... a surprise and by most accounts.. she had never really been taken off of the council... she had largely left them but all of that was from background tensions... the princess focusing on Atrisia as needed when she invited Amalia teral to the relief concert. A chance for her to do some things as well and extend Alderaan's philanthropic hand. SHe listened to the music and they were giving as much as they could get... credit wise and supplies as needed which was substantial as Junko walked around looking for some of the people she might remember.

As his latest customer passed him a datapad, Jasper couldn't help but grin a little as he read it.

I can't talk, but I'd like some whiskey, please.

What were the odds of that? Jasper's best friend was notably mute herself. If Jasper had become good at anything while knowing Lana, understanding people who couldn't speak was certainly one of them.

"I got ya," Jasper nodded as he slid back the datapad. "You don't need to use that thing, though. I know how to read hands if you prefer."

The exile turned back to his drink rack, scanning the bottles for his better whiskey. Jasper carried most, but he had his preferences. He snatched up a bottle and poured a small glass for the man at his counter, sliding it across the table.

"Corellian Whiskey," Jasper explained. "A favorite on Corellia, usually saved for special occasions. Most bottles are cured for ten to twenty years at least. The real expensive stuff is downright archaic. I've seen bottles of the stuff that are a good three hundred years. This bottle isn't that old, twenty-three last I checked. Probably one of the best whiskeys in the Galaxy. I learned my trade on Corellia, so I may be a little biased. It has a little bit of a kick at first, but it goes down smoother than blue milk. Just try not to drink it too fast. It's strong stuff."

Grendel was having a relaxing night so far he'd enjoyed the music of Zak Dymo and was so far liking the music of Dak Hobson although that had not really hear of the kid before although that may because he was busy trying to find jobs and therefore didn't have much time to listen music unfortunately.

Feeling the call of nature Grendel made his way to the bathroom, trying to squeeze his bulk into was quite task in of its self Grendel sat and made himself comfortable in the end stall, he then heard at least two people enter.

"I know why we are here to try and kidnap the kid right, but why cant we wait till after the concert when there's less people" one of the voices said.

"Shut up you idiot you don't know who's listening and I said earlier it will be easier cuz with all the noise from the stage, no one will notice if one brat goes missing until its too late" the other voice said.

Grinning from ear to ear beneath his helmet Grendel tore his way out of the bathroom stall and raising himself to his full height he towered over the two humans in the bathroom with him. Acting on instinct the two men opened fire on Grendel scoring several hits on the hulking Dowutin all this did was to cause Grendel to let out a deep guttural laugh, in response Grendel merely reached down and crushed the men's blasters and the hands holding them.

Both men screaming in pain from their shattered hands here both grabbed by the head and dragged out into the cantina and brought to the bar.

"Where do you put the trash" Grendel rumbled to the bartender.

Amalia teral

A
Tags: Junko Ike Junko Ike

Wearing: x

Amalia had sent ships to help kashyyk as a formal gesture from both house teral and alderaan. Before she got invited by junko her new friend or partner too soon to tell she listened to the music. Sure junko was the only person she knew here she was a party animal at heart walking up behind junko amalia smiled "you look stunning who ever your seeing is a lucky girl" amalia smirked posing for junko really quick "hopefully this event is more eventful then the formal events on alderaan or I might have to kidnap you to my personal ship in orbit for a one on one party" she jested looking around.

Amalia teral Shoma Ike Shoma Ike

Junko felt the presence but remained facing forward as a smile crept onto her face and she felt that heat to her cheeks. Turning around as her one hand out to touch at Amalia's waist with the grin there. "I know, I am looking for this blonde with lips like sweet cream." She said it and it might sound lame but lame was good it meant you weren't overtly trying to impress and win over.... it meant comfortable in being there when she enjoyed the idea of a one on one party. "Though after I find Shoma and put in some appearances a one on one party might be what is needed." She was enjoying some of the music though the chance for hearing it from a distance was there... "Though please tell me Gordu is secretly going to go on stage and preform as a means to observe and protect you?"

He had a bad feeling about this.

No, not the concert.

No, not the bartender. Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el shook up a mean drink.

What caused the hair to stand up on the back of his neck was the overwhelming sense of foreboding that washed over him the very same instant that he realized... Junko Ike Junko Ike was here. The credit card was with her.

Despite his often unsuccessful attempts at stopping Junko from spending the entire planetary budget in a month, he feared what would happen once his sister got ahold of an open tab at the bar.

Appearances at relief concerts were not supposed to be this stressful. Show up. Shake hands. Take a few holo-photos. Give the obligatory talking points to the press, about solidarity, about standing with the Inner Rim and the Expansion Region, about the importance of the special relationship between the Alliance and the Concord... all the stuff you'd expect a working royal to say.

Instead, he was focused on trying to contain the walking tornado that was his sister, whilst also trying to keep whatever tabloid or paparazzi holo-photographer might be lurking in the shadows, waiting to spring an ambush to profit of another person's reputation.

At times like these, he actually missed the Senate.

Looking at Amalia as she felt it.. the presence she had not felt in a long time... mostly because he liked to avoid coming to the planet... he preferred Coruscant and the senate to spending time with his big sis. Junko beelined it through holding Amalia's hand as she found him.. the black hair unmistakable before she was moving forward and squinting. "Shoma... you are in trouble." She said it and looked at him more. "You never come home.. the palaces are so big and lonely without you there to sing your devil worshiping catboy rap... that Micah was actually decently talented for a sith."

Amalia teral

A
Junko Ike Junko Ike Shoma Ike Shoma Ike

Amalia smiled "Well then a one on one party later can be done" she said kissing junko she enjoyed a few moments alone with junko. Before junko dragged her through the party and she started yelling at someone named shoma she could tell that there was love there and that junko cared. She waited to see shomas reaction before introducing herself "I'm amalia I'm kinda seeing or dating your sister" amalia said shaking his hand she hadn't had junkos. Family situation explained fully to her yet so amalia didn't have room go judge on anything but she was happy to meet a member of junkos family "I'm happy to finally meet a member of junkos family" she said trying to divert junko from being the big sister she was trying to be currently.

Junko looked at Shoma and was looking at Amalia... her brother was being obtuse and too cool to acknowledge she was there.. she got it.. he was likely trying to impress someone. So she would just take Amaliaa as she offered a hand. "Well fine little brother... we shall be over here dancing and having a wonderful time... you just be over here where it is boring." She said it and looked at Amalia nodding her head. "Come on we can dance ot after party early to cheer up the moment."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom