Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question Why is this place increasing in activity where are you people coming from

genie-free-me.gif

Tefka Tefka

Far as I can tell it's because Medieval RP closed down. All the old writers from there came back here and have already created a successor faction to the Brotherhood of the Maw (many of the people who ran them left to do Medieval stuff). And it's snowballed from there, with people being drawn to Chaos because their friends are here/people are returning.

Just wondering, is the server hosting getting more expensive with the traffic?

Technical questions are fun bc logic dev brain, unless its not technical curiosity and is instead bad faith “lol Chaos costs Tef money haha fuck Tef all my homies hate Tef” in which case ur cringe and poor

But yes, obv it costs money, and THEORETICALLY it could grow so exponentially fast that it could cost more money. The limiting factor is the database size. Basically, Chaos is like, 30gb I think, total. I could probably reduce this by 5-10 if I cared. I don’t. I fixed rate pay 50 USD/month for like, an independent 500gb server. You could get away going cheaper, but I also pay for other things that improve my QOL as a server admin.

Among RP server admin both Chaos and external that I’ve assisted that didn’t piss me off, I’ve amassed a great wealth of knowledge over the years on how to make things very easy and streamlined so that we don’t have to stress things like server storage capacity.

TLDR, it could, but it wont, Chaos is relatively cheap and easy to keep afloat.

definitely logic dev brain - ~~am also kinda broke student and little cringe but that doesnt matter hehe~~ yeah, im just interested on thecost of maintaining an independent site, potentially try my hand at starting one up in the future. is swrp run on mybb or phpbb?

but anyway, been loving swrp, the community is great, likely the least drama infested site ive been on, wanna stay forever and write.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom