Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why don't more people spend time in the New Members forum?

Most of us just drop by and say hello, instead of asking questions or sticking around unless we know the person. I think it would be beneficial if we made more of an effort to get to know new members as they drop in, as it'll help member retention and this community grow.

Also, why isn't liking a new member's first post more of a thing?

You're right, dude. I'll take a hit and say I haven't been in the New Members section because I've been lazy.

There's also the high amount of writers who are not new to the site who post their new characters here (for attention or whatever reason), and I consistently have to sort through them to find an actual genuine new writer.

Alen Na'Varro said:
There's also the high amount of writers who are not new to the site who post their new characters here (for attention or whatever reason), and I consistently have to sort through them to find an actual genuine new writer.
\0 guilty, but yes we need to be doing this more.

You've got a point here, @[member="Akala"]. The thought of being more involved in the 'New Member' area has crossed my mind more than once in recent times. In fact, I'll definitely be adding this lovely task of meeting and greeting the new folks to my dailies for certain once I'm through with exams a week from tomorrow!

I had a lot of questions, and still generally do, but it gets easier the more I just trudge along. But I do agree, asking and actually talking to us newbs would help and be good for keeping members longer

I’m pretty sure every new person has at least one person post ‘if you have any questions please ask’, and we do answer what goes in there.
We also have the staff being PMed with questions which is good too.

I think basically it comes down to the new person to take the initiative and ask about what troubles them or that they don’t understand. We can say hi all we want, but without questions there can’t be answers.

Alen Na'Varro said:
I haven't been in the New Members section because I've been lazy.
Guilty. I don't normally because I'm a slower writer most of the time, so I'm looking at what I'm doing on characters. Selfish of me, I know. But I will try to keep a better eye on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom