Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What would you like the first event of SWRP 2016 to be?

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Ellya said:
Maybe we could use Otherspace?
I've read the sourcebooks. Otherspace is like a random herb that you keep in your spice rack. It tastes really weird. Every now and again a pinch of it is nice, in the right context. Make a meal of it and you'll be crapping fire and burping acid for a week.

Do not do Otherspace. Please. Ever.

Ellya said:
So... Gulag Plague?
How many people actually wrote in that? We have a whole group of new writers - either way.

It's a "dark period" where no one actually knew of events, etc.

I'm not talking about a resurgence of the plague itself - again, talking about maybe targeting a direct group of individuals. *shrugs* If it's not a popular idea, then we find one that is. I just think we're beating war drums constantly and need something where everyone is pulled into it. Too much Faction vs Faction - we need utter chaos.

Ember Rekali said:
I've read the sourcebooks. Otherspace is like a random herb that you keep in your spice rack. It tastes really weird. Every now and again a pinch of it is nice, in the right context. Make a meal of it and you'll be crapping fire and burping acid for a week.

Do not do Otherspace. Please. Ever.
Please, do not.

Braith Achlys said:
Let's step away from the light vs dark, Jedi vs Sith, shoehorn vs shoehorn stuff for now. How about a group that wants to eliminate force users from the known galaxy and create their own guerrilla terrorist group, tired of the huge and constant war, and starts a conflict that way? If that isn't good enough, a droid rebellion?
There is a user trying to start a faction somewhat like that. the Templars I believe.

[member="Amelia Sorenn"]
[member="Braith Achlys"]

Jsc

Disney's Princess
*still stealing from Star Trek*

The Sim(s)

The Corporations build a 3000 meter+ sized vessel and we all get to sign up to play crew members, (new characters?), voyaging out into Dark Space. We find a new world, (staff created), and get to start exploring it. Threads will break up into general groups. Such as: the bridge crew drama, away teams 1-100, and mystery solvers 101.

Staff throws problems or mysteries at us and we have to solve them. etc.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Jay Scott Clark said:
*still stealing from Star Trek*

The Sim(s)

The Corporations build a 3000 meter+ sized vessel and we all get to sign up to play crew members, (new characters?), voyaging out into Dark Space. We find a new world, (staff created), and get to start exploring it. Threads will break up into general groups. Such as: the bridge crew drama, away teams 1-100, and mystery solvers 101.

Staff throws problems or mysteries at us and we have to solve them. etc.
I did that stuff for my Deep Black Sea mini events. Wound up appealing to a lot of people. I'd join the crap out of a full event like this.

You could always have a planned uprising that spans all of the greater factions that takes place all at the same time. The uprising would be instigated by a well-funded sleeper-cell organization that got tired of the constant wars and decided to do away with all the hypocrisy and corruption. This organization would be deeply entrenched in each factions government.

A little cliche I know but It's what I got haha :p

A giant EMP blast comes from an unknown source in a distant galaxy causing all power in the galaxy to be shut down, forcing all electronics to stop working immediately. The aftermath would be crazy, people would be stuck on worlds, civilizations would be destroy, lightsabers wouldn't work (lets level the playing field for us NFUs, am I right?) It could allow for some interesting stories, and I always thought that we should play a little more with the fact that every planet is HUGE. We always treat planets here basically as a city, and the galaxy is just a continent. If getting everyone on the same planet is a problem, we could always start a complete all out battle for some mysterious loot on a planet before the emp goes off. Hell, the mysterious loot could cause the EMP. I just really think that forcing people to survive with items that they have lived with forever would be neat, and this event could really flesh out a certain planet. Like a lot. The planet page could end up like the size of a wookiepedia page. That would be an achievement in itself.

If not that then I like the jedi hunt idea. Make them all go into hiding while the last of their kind is driven into extinction. I think rping as a jedi during Vader's jedi extermination would have been awesome. It also would give the NFUs something to do. Hunt or help defend Jedi. Those are my ideas.

I'd love to see something with WAY more mystery to it, maybe like a slicer or killer that's making waves, less of a massive event that's ending millions, and more something that's small but doing something really big.

Something that people would have to investigate, hunt down, with clues, it would come to a head, be wrong, put people back to the drawing board.

Let the smugglers and slicers and assassins and investigators and those who hunt things be in the lime-light.

The Jedi / mando would want employment

The sith / cartels would want them dead

Silvers and such tried fairly.

And everyone would be after them.

Some carmen sandiago level stuff.

Could be really cool.

The other thing i had an idea on... well... that someone else had an idea on, would be this idea of...

There's a PACKAGE. and, SOMETHING is in that package, leaving a satellite of one of the most powerful companies in the galaxy on record. Top secret, max encryption, highest security protocol you can imagine. But, en route, it was attacked, blind-sided, the company fended off the attack but lost the package which plummeted to a nearby moon. Say Endor... cos, why not... or somewhere central / neutral.

The event would start with basically an Everyone for themselves dominion of 'the package.' It'd be chaos, everyone fighting for like a 3 by 3 by 3 meter crate which survived entry because of how ludicrously protected it is.

Then, the person who has the crate, is a target. Everyone is tracking you, so you can be attacked at any time, by any person after the crate.

At the end of the event, the person / faction who holds the crate, is able to choose its contents.

Could be plans which would be considered a free dev for like, a super star destroyer type ship of incredible potency, could be some ludicrously rare material, its weight in highest grade stygium possible so that everyone on winning team gets a free stygium something, the secret of mandalorian iron for the same with bes'kar, anything. (would be discussed with admin first of course.)

Hey...bring in a massive superweapon, blow up a few worlds that don't exist. Bring a villian so nasty both sides of the force must band together with their armies, and then just when its said and done....boom we're dreaming it happened.

Or....surprise us?

Perhaps there could be the discovery a weapons and or technology cache? Seem to remember a long lost fleet from the old canon that everyone and their grandmother wanted. Perhaps something like that could be done? Assuming it hasn't already...( Didn't see anything in the timeline. )

Perhaps a nihilistic group bent on restoring the galaxy to its 'natural order' through bioterorism and attacking large governments and galactic citizens with such effectiveness that the galaxy has to team up against them(and perhaps they get a few allies from our more evil factions out there).

[member="Tefka"]

I had this idea last time we were all asked, where some scientist is able to discover what creates force users/ Gives them their potential and neutralizes their abilities to use the force through some kind of Genetic reprogramming by way of operation or a drug that attack the bloodstream of the individual. You could have it like that and (At the discretion of those involved) get some people who were once force sensitive to be stripped of that connection. It would prove to be a massive threat to every force order in the galaxy while also giving way to a NFU based force surrounding this scientist. I got the idea from several other things like Avatar and X-men where they have their own power stripping events but thought it would be cool if Chaos had something like this that (even if only for a bit) was a massive threat to every force user in the galaxy.

Edit: As for NFU's, they could take that man's side or even get in defense of the Force Users for what ever reason... didn't mean for it to sound like they would not be included.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom