Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What would you like the first event of SWRP 2016 to be?

Every time we wrap up an event, I like to ask this question. What would you want the next event to be?

So far we've done...

1. Clockwork Rebellion - An ancient artificial AI, Omni, invades the galaxy.
2. Dark Harvest - Zombies take over a planet!
3. Masks of Madness - The Kwa god princess, Akala, takes her insane love revenge plot out on the Galaxy.
4. Netherworld - People disappear a la apocalypse-style, Akala returns, wrecks the map in the process, literally opens up the gates to Hell.
5. Mirrorverse - The Galaxy's heroes and villains get sucked into a 1984 George Orwell-style alternate timeline, but not everything is as it seems.

Also, Valen.

It's too vague, but something like we have in 'The Force Awakens' that reinvigorated and re-energised the planet's love for Star Wars.

Good vs Evil. That's it.

No mirror galaxies or third party invasions or abnormalities...just somehow bring in the classic adventures of good and evil, FUs and NFUs equally as important, to decide some outcome. Something sinister. Something looming, but something relatable.

Vague I know, but if we replicate that than it gives new and old writers something easy enough to make as simple or extraordinary as they feel they can. IMO anyway.

What I actually fancy is something a lot like what we've done, just different. Building on [member="Coren Starchaser"] and his idea of space being removed, I was thinking a little like we go for another galaxy a little like the Vong and have said galaxy removing parts of our galaxy that faction's are not really using. Everything in the area they remove is gone, planets and everything. These planets are put in this other galaxy. A little far fetched and needs ironing out but heyo.

[member="Tefka"]

Connor Harrison said:
It's too vague, but something like we have in 'The Force Awakens' that reinvigorated and re-energised the planet's love for Star Wars.

Good vs Evil. That's it.

No mirror galaxies or third party invasions or abnormalities...just somehow bring in the classic adventures of good and evil, FUs and NFUs equally as important, to decide some outcome. Something sinister. Something looming, but something relatable.

Vague I know, but if we replicate that than it gives new and old writers something easy enough to make as simple or extraordinary as they feel they can. IMO anyway.
In the perfect world faction admins would get together and discuss plots between their factions and every day on the forum would be like this post. As it stands we live in an imperfect world. But I concur I'd like a more grounded and traditional event that we might see in a comic book for instance. I think there is potentiality for this by involving faction admins and working on already established framework.

We've had a technological disaster, dead people coming back to life, Valen (never forget), living people going to the real of death and all the other craziness, and now a mirror galaxy stuff.

Maybe something biological this time? Not the Gulag Plague, but something... different? Not an illness, maybe just an anomaly or maybe something terrible comes from the lowest levels of Coruscant and starts rampaging -- a seemingly unstoppable horde of monsters?

Something from the inside of the galaxy, perhaps? Maybe we could use Otherspace?

I would love to see something of a flashpoint. We've got lots of systems/clusters that actually have huge numbers of planets like Hapes and Corellia. Perhaps it could be a new one. A star cluster near the Galactic Disc and suddenly several explorers find different routes into the cluster at the same time. Could even be populated with something new. Maybe the Yuuzhan Vong send an envoy to the cluster 1000 years ago and colonised it?

As [member="Connor Harrison"] stated above we could have something of a Good vs Evil battle for control of a whole system. There could be a map of the whole system showing influence of Team Light versus Team Dark over time. Previous ones like Roche have been messy. Could split it down into lots of little threads with both exploration/dungeon run type threads as well as big battles.

It might break from some of the tedium of current invasions with something new and interesting, yet still competitive.

Rusty

Purveyor of Fine Weaponry
An event where historians sit down and write out the history of Chaos in such a way that when you tell newcomers they have to include events in their planet's history, they actually know what the hell you're talking about.

<.<

>.>

Um, I mean....

How about a followup to the Clockwork Rebellion? A cult leader uses the events as an excuse to start up a crusade against artificial intelligence of all kinds. Some sort of peaceful droid protest against the cult turns insanely violent, kicking off a wave of anti-droid violence that sweeps the galaxy.

It seems to me that the best events on this website while I've been here (Roche, Dark Harvest, Netherworld) were the ones that directly attracted major factions for one reason or another and provided tangible rewards to them depending on their performance.

Make of that what you will.

Raziel said:
I would love to see something of a flashpoint. We've got lots of systems/clusters that actually have huge numbers of planets like Hapes and Corellia. Perhaps it could be a new one. A star cluster near the Galactic Disc and suddenly several explorers find different routes into the cluster at the same time. Could even be populated with something new. Maybe the Yuuzhan Vong send an envoy to the cluster 1000 years ago and colonised it?

As [member="Connor Harrison"] stated above we could have something of a Good vs Evil battle for control of a whole system. There could be a map of the whole system showing influence of Team Light versus Team Dark over time. Previous ones like Roche have been messy. Could split it down into lots of little threads with both exploration/dungeon run type threads as well as big battles.

It might break from some of the tedium of current invasions with something new and interesting, yet still competitive.
^
We have plenty of galactic explorers, maybe a... I dunno 'agent of chaos' sends out data to the various teams (Light/Dark) and we show up there. Rumor of MacGuffin on some planet in a cluster/area. Teams know its bigger than their factions, characters pick how it should be used, join teams, fight for the right to party.

[member="Darth Adekos"]

I'm torn on this one. You can give factions reward and it will drive activity. But is that really what we want from a Galactic Event? Spam posting to come out on top?

Perhaps this event does need to draw in factions as groups thought.

I agree with [member="Connor Harrison"]. We need some classic Star Wars up in here. (Did I really just use that phrase? Agh I'm terrible. *wacks self in the head as punishment for being a terrible human being)
Something like and Empire or something of that nature attempting to take over a huge portion of the Galaxy, or maybe our galaxy collides with another and it's time to go do some exploration stuff. I dunno. I mainly think we do need to get to the root of what makes Star Wars what it is and use that though.

[Coren Starchaser]WAR.[/Coren Starchaser]

:D

No, seriously, an intertemporal war. I kind of liked the Temporal Cold War from Star Trek.
Commands and technology from the future. Allow people to make new characters from the future, from different factions. Allow superior technology.

Just a modest suggestion. [member="Raziel"] don't burst my bubble. :p

Perhaps a virus - of some kind is developed by some mysterious figure or even a Player Created Character (Rp'ed by the responsible parties that be). This virus could be of technological nature, biological or whatever. This virus perhaps neutralizes the Force completely from Force users - rendering them essentially helpless in essence. Perhaps it does even more, begins to weaken them, make them sick and such. For NFUs, that would have to be ironed out. I would say weaken them and maybe enhance a specific trait but that might be abused.

Look at what brought Chaos to be - the Plague - not saying we replicate it on that scale obviously but why not something Galactic wide that causes governments, orders, factions - whatever to race against time to find a cure, stop the chaos from enveloping the Galaxy as a whole like the Gulag plague once did.

Just a thought.

EDIT - This could also incite conflict between even Sith, Jedi, and everyone as they're scrambling to survive. Cause commerce and companies to go into a frenzy (Hopefully someone owns a pharmaceutical company. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom