Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question What timeline events do you consider successes/failures? Why?

851 ABY to 856 ABY: The Rise and Fall of the Commenor Systems Alliance founded by myself and Kay-Larr Kay-Larr , concluded with Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex and The Sith Empire, where we saw allies and supporters of both sides joining in on the threads towards the end. The CSA remains one of my greatest achievements when it comes to Faction Activity and Leadership on Chaos, and Commenor will always have a place in my heart because of it.

The Great Galactic War also incited a lot of competitive hype between players and factions for PvP focused threads and Invasions which I have always enjoyed and took part in. I'm now taking part in the closing thread for Veiere's story, so 858 ABY will be the beginning of Caedyn Arenais legacy in the Force to follow.

Gilamar Skirata

The most important step is always the next one
Clockwork Rebellion but that might be because it was my first.

Also liked the lore that the Netherworld event brought to the site.

As far as duds?

Probably Omega War. It just seemed like an event that every lightside faction was already doing on their own. Some rogue Sith/Vaguely dark side element trying to cause a calamity... Also was Incursion supposed to be a thing? I remember seeing that and wondering but I don't think I remember an event ever coming from that.

Galactic Games was a HIT

Pls give me more about Zero and his terrorist activities/Omni tie ins.

Fiolette Fortan

F
Omega War was my first event and to me it was amazing, but that might be overshadowed by the fact that my faction had the highest award. In all honesty, it was great really take part and see a naval event unfold in this manner and I felt it was really well done. Narratively, I think it set the tone for my faction moving forward as well. Outside of Omega War I've yet to be impressed by board events, Incursion which I was part of fell apart really, really fast and I felt could've been done better had the staff at the time (me being on that team) had been patient with it.

Anything after Incursion and that wasn't the Great Galactic Games just were not that great in my honest opinion. There was this board mini thing with TSE and ORC but I was never fond of it and it felt shoehorned.

Dark Harvest will always be the GOAT in my opinion - the fleeting event was top notch and I loved every second of it.

Netherworld was also amazing (minus the map wipe). The evens/odds system used to determine if you're in the Netherworld or not was very fun.

Moar Omni/Gulag Plague stories please?

Flops?

Valen was boring as all sin - "do Dominions, the event!"
Galactic Games has ascended to the realm of the memes.
Omega War and Incursion weren't very gripping either.

As I'm writing this, I'm realizing I have a preference for events that, even if you choose not to participate, are so large that they'll affect your character anyway. Half the Galaxy being sent to Hell? That's a plot that comes up even now in my stories for example.

Bunker-level Normal
The Netherworld event was the most impactful to me, as it provided the rationale for a major event in one of my characters (the loss of Jerek's twin). I still enjoy that lore, looking back at the event posts and seeing where people went in/out of the Netherworld. I wouldn't mind a resurgent event of that lore sometime.

I missed a few of the others, and ignored most of the rest of the events. They didn't make much sense to me, or I wasn't interested at the time. Maybe I'd be more inclined now, but my main focus was my character's story at the time. Though I do agree with Malok Malok that the events are so wide that they inevitably wind up influencing characters anyway.

I really did enjoy seeing the outcome of what we're calling the Great Galactic War, and I appreciate the massive amount of player coordination it took to make that work out.

Ziro

I am the weapon!
Dark Harvest is bae in my opinion. Followed by Netherworld.

I think my relations to those stem from being where focale points of my stories altered. I became more invested.

None were a flop really in my eyes, just ones not as effective for my Characters.

Netherworld was great, it had something for all kinds of writers (dominions, adventure stuff, pvp, etc), and it was organized better than anything that came after it, even though I know Omega War and Incursion were given a ton of effort. Galactic Games I didn't even know actually happened until after the fact, so I guess that's the big dud for me. Omega War and Incursion also felt way too one-sided, whether the only side was either the bad (event team, doomed to lose) or good (anyone who had a reason to oppose them), so finding a reason to be part of the event and opposing the "bad guys" as an actual bad character while teaming up with the good guys was a bit forced.

Never really had any real gripes against any of the events, though. Just wish there had been more of them that were interconnected in some way.

I thoroughly enjoyed the Netherworld event being as it was my first event that I can remember trying to participate in. The idea was, and considering my character had just come back from that place in a sense worked really well. The idea was interesting, and Im curious for what that map will look like for Netherworld if it ever happens lol.

I don't remember any of the others, but save Omega War and I'd no interest in it mainly because it didn't really seem like that big or unique of an event. Sith....we've Sith here....I dont know.

I do sorta remember the alternate timeline character, Female Jedi Romeo was going to be awesome but I never got to actually do it.

Im excited for what you guys throw at us this time though, I think there's something awesome cooking up and we've but to smell the aroma.

Endgame was great. Even if I played a very small part.

Commenor was fun, getting to fight various little military representations until the Bryn'adûl were the last standing. Was a good time.

I wasn't really around for others. But I will firmly say I think the Netherworld event resulting in the netherworld being a travel capable physical plain is the one big thing I'd change because that's just.. creative whoopee cushion.

I dunno if Events would ever interest me that much, they're at their best when they form naturally.

Unfortunately for me, Valen was my first.

Netherworld was the best for me by far. Large scale events happening across the galaxy with major implications for many and opportunity to draw on for the future. An event that still influences RP today.

The Omega event is BAE for me it felt like something out of the movies or even the EU. With all the galaxy coming together temporarily, Imperial, Jedi, Sith, Smuggler etc. Just everyone coming to stop a planet killer from a group of insane Sith. I have never ever felt anything so exciting on the board before. But if I had to be real. I would have to choose the Great Galactic War as my all time favorite. I like to think of it as Chaos's own World War 1 is described as the War to end all Wars. With some defining moments shaping the galaxy ending with operation Endgame where the Imperial Powers took out the beacon of light known as the GA changing the galaxy for the years following it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom