Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction What kind of Jedi do you want to be? [Silver Jedi Concord]

Amaly Naetre

A
headercom.png

Tags: Takui Takui , Starlin Rand Starlin Rand , Tom Kovack, Draven Eterena Draven Eterena

ZhUyygm.png

Amaly Naetre had lived the previous few years primarily situated within the Jedi Temple on Commenor since it's establishment. She was a kind and warm hearted Miralukan Woman whom much prefered the endeavor to learn and grow within herself as opposed to partaking in the more violent area's of jedi service, however that did not make her any less significant or part of the Order as her peers who pursued the Guardian's path for example. She was simply different in her field of expertise.

Part of what she loved about her role within the Order of the Silver Jedi however was watching and contributing to the growth and progress of the Padawan as they lived out their years within the Order, whether that be here on Commenor or one of their other established facilities such as the Silver Rest where the heart of the Silver Jedi resided.

As part of her goals for the day, and in order to kill some time between her rostered duties, the Jedi Master had invited other Silver Jedi to join her, not in a class but as a group social gathering to discuss and brainstorm what motivated them in their journey to one day become Jedi Knights or Jedi Masters, and what being a Jedi meant for them.

Those who wished to participate yet resided upon Kashyyyk or one of the other Worlds within Silver Space would be supplied with transport courtesy of the Order, supported as an elective experience as part of their education and over-all experience as Students of the Force. Others alike Amaly herself would simply have to break away from their usual routines and join with her in the Gardens of the Academy's grounds, a rather pleasant setting despite being surrounded by the sounds of the Capital of Commenor where the Temple was located.

Awaiting those who were interested and intent on joining her for todays gettogether, Amaly sat in silence atop one of the cushions she had brought with her so that her peers wouldn't have to be seated upon the grass itself. There she studied her Datapad's screen, a plethora of information concerning her recent subjects of interest, taken straight from the Archives Network to her portable device. Hopefully in due time, she'd be distracted by a much more social gathering however!

Last edited by a moderator:
We all fall in parallel
The transport system dedicated to the Silver Jedi was a godsend.

Taku had no piloting experience to speak of, so he was heavily reliant on the kindness of others or public transit to get where he was going. That said, he was far more interested in this expo than anything he had yet experienced during his short time on Kashyyyk. He went in head first knowing nothing of the Jedi order other than they were the "good guys" in a battle between the forces of light and darkness. He honestly wasn't sure there was any place for him to fit at all.

So, when the announcement came that they would be discussing the various paths a Jedi might take, roles and abilities they would develop, and an actual road map to what his future held he found himself chomping at the bit to get involved. It was the most excited he had been about anything since his initial arrival. Would there be something easy, where he could slack off or spend his days pushing papers behind a desk? Was there a way for him to live an easy life and never have to do real work? Or could he find something where he could disappear for days on end and never be reprimanded?

Ah, the dreams were countless.

Commenor took preeminence over those thoughts though, when the Jedi Academy came into full view and the thriving city reminded him of Alderaan, or perhaps something even more grand. He had never been to a place with a city quite so magnificent. It was a relic of a different time when you considered recent history on the world involved a change of regime and the brutal destruction of an entire city; but in a way, there was a certain beauty in how it had maintained a semblance of peace in light of that conflict. It was the perfect place for Keepers of the Peace to truly meditate on what those words meant.

When they touched down and he puts his boots on the ground at last, Taku took a long, deep breath of the fresh air. It was clean- perhaps cleaner by far than the air he was used to back home. Had they gone to lengths to be mindful of the environment? It tasted crisp, as if there were little or no pollution at all. That was rarely true of established worlds in the Galaxy that thrived on industry.

Taku stumbled over himself as he took in the barely believable sights and made his way toward the gardens, which he had no doubt would be even more baffling to him than what he had already seen.

Draven made an effort towards approaching the gardens himself. Having used the aid of a transport. Likewise the fifteen year old did not have much piloting experience. While the ways of the force made a lot of things possible. Draven was still learning how to work alongside the force to accomplish things. Draven had a lot yet to learn in general. In time he was sure he would find his way. Though today was an opportunity to get an idea what ways there was to take.

Draven studied the architecture of the place. While he remained thoughtful. Commenor was not a place he had been before. So, it was a welcoming moment to take in the new sites. When he arrived at the temple grounds. Draven stopped for a moment to just feel the energies of the place around him. To him it was better to feel the flow of the force around him and the energies of places and things. Then some other feelings he was prone to picking up. Often times against his interest.

Draven was contemplating the prospects of the future. Though in an open minded manner. He had honestly no idea what his place was. Which was sad considering he grew up within the order. Was fifteen years old and was still not paired with a mentor. Though times would change and the force would eventually guide him as long as he chose to let it. Even with the force working it's mysterious ways. A little help from others could not hurt. He just had to flip a coin and hope the gathering did not grow too large.

Commenor! She was going to Commenor! Commenoooooooooor!

The big city. Or was it? She hadn't the foggiest. She'd never been, she only knew of it in name. But surely the capital world of the Silver Concord would be bustling with life? BUSTLING! Aveline, in case anyone couldn't tell, was excited. The class itself was very interesting as well of course, and it was great of the Silver Order to arrange a trip like this et cetera et cetera, but would they have the chance to visit the city later before they would be sent home? Aveline really hoped they would.

She practically danced out of the transport. When she recognised a familiar face, or rather the back of it, she didn't even give herself time to do the old 'are we even that close? Maybe I'm imposing' malarkey. She jogged up until she caught up with Takui Takui . "Hello there! I didn't see you on the transport. You here for the seminar too, right? Want to tag along?" She was feeling social. She was feeling on fire. City liiiiiiiife

Losing is tempoary, giving up is permanent.
Commoner had been a place of many hardships over the year but also many good things. Today was one of the latter and Sukai took pleasure in seeing the planet well and with Jedi coming and going in peace. It was also a chance for her to once again reconnect with The Silver Jedi, her time away at home leaving much to be caught up on. Time certainly flew by for more mortal races, a fact she’d need to remind herself guilt forward as those around her aged while she didn’t.

she had landed her star fighter nearly amoung the nearby docks, slowly pacing into the forest, eyes scanning the lush and beautiful scenery. It was an ideal place to teach the future of the Jedi order and though here to learn herself she was also eager to once again start teaching. Given a few more years and shed probably make master with all the experience she had accumulated during her time in the Order.

Getting closer she began to feel and smell the presences of several others, all unfamiliar. It would be interesting to meet with these new students and master, hopefully not to much had changed since her small departure. Sukai soon stepping into the clearing were the others had began to slowly gather.

What kind of Jedi do you want to be?

In his mind, the young Pantoran imagined that was an easy question for most kids his age to answer. The heroic Jedi Guardian. The resourcefulness of the Jedi Sentinel, the very ideal of a Jedi Ranger. Even the soft-spoken Jedi Consulars were synonymous with wisdom and power.

The thing was, Boo hadn't set out to ever want to be Jedi.

He'd been the slave to a Sith Lord on Coruscant, rescued by the First Order after the so-called liberation of Coruscant at the hands of the Galactic Alliance. In both his first life as a slave and his second as a Knight of Ren, the rhetoric was always the same.

The Jedi were the bad guys.

By the time that the Pantoran had found his own identity, and accepted the reality that perhaps good and evil were not as simple as his handlers had made it seem, he'd found himself pretty far down a dark path.

Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield had offered the boy a new chance, a different path. Théodred Heavenshield Théodred Heavenshield had even offered the boy a friendship that shouldn't have existed. Shouldn't have been able to form. A Knight of Ren and a Jedi. Boo had truly believed that it might be possible to let the past die.

It was never about being a Jedi. It was about trying to be better. Trying to be a better person. Trying to be better than the sum of all his sins.

It was about trying to be Théodred Heavenshield.

Then the Silver Jedi had gone to Tash-Taral, and Boo had gone with them. Maybe to make a difference. Maybe to prove himself. A single moment. A single decision.

A single mistake?

Boo had intervened when a Terentatak had attacked a Jedi woman named Rasu Gan. Using his training as a Knight of Ren, Boo had managed to slay the Sithspawn, but not before it had managed to poison him with the Dark Side of the Force.

The wound never really healed. A gash on the palm and back of the boy's left hand. It bled from time to time, seeping a black ichor that was as tained as his body had become.

Perhaps the will of the Force? Or maybe just perfect irony. The Pantoran had started life as trash fishing out of the Sith's dumpsters on Coruscant and the Sith had managed to leave their indelible mark upon him, even when he'd discovered the hope that he might be something other than their slave.

What kind of Jedi did he want to be?

Had he ever asked himself that question? Did he want to ask himself that question? He wanted to be Thurion Heavenshield. He wanted to be Théodred Heavenshield.

He never would be. He wasn't good like they were. He didn't walk in the light as they did. He couldn't walk in the light as they did. He wasn't them, he was Boo.

Even as much as he wished he wasn't.

He'd never thought of being Jedi. He followed in Théo's footsteps because...

...because Théo was his friend.

Which wasn't fair to Théo. He deserved better. Better than Boo. A better friend. A better son. A better padawan.

The young Pantoran found himself in the garden of the Commenor Temple. He wasn't sure why he had come here. He had no answers to the question, only questions. And the thought of seeking answers to some of those questions terrified him.

The boy lingered toward the edge of the garden. Would his presence even be tolerated? He should probably go before he offended someone.

The Pantoran took a step back, preparing to walk away...

Then hesitated.

There was no harm in just listening to the discussion, right?

Last edited:
Starlin adjusted his black cap, making sure it covered his antennapalps. In recent months, he sometimes forgot that he even had them, he'd gotten so used to the Force alerting him to a new presence well before his palps picked up on the vibrations in the air caused by their walking.

Turning away from the transport and the students still unloading onto the Commenor platform, he scratched his nose. He hadn't come on the transport with the others, preferring his own ship. He needed the practice, and besides that he didn't want to wind up stranded. Not that he thought he would be, but you can never be too careful...

Glancing back at the crowd, he spotted a familiar olive green scarf. Tom Kovack descended the boarding ramp. Compared to the eagerness of Aveline Cuiléin Aveline Cuiléin and Takui Takui as they raced past, Tom looked less than excited to be here. Starlin could sense homesickness and loneliness emanating from his friend. Poor guy didn't like being away from his little sister.

Tom was also so distracted he hadn't even noticed Starlin yet. Puzzled, Starlin followed his line of sight toward a lone starfighter parked a few pads away, just as Sky'ito Yumi Sky'ito Yumi was climbing out of the cockpit. Tom seemed to recognize her, though his feelings about her presence were faint and too vague for Starlin to decipher.

"Hellooooo? Anybody home?" Starlin asked, waving his hand in front of Tom's face.

Tom snapped out of it. "Uh, sorry," he mumbled.

Starlin tilted his head to the side, his brow furrowing. He smirked. "What's up, man? You know her or something?"

Tom shrugged his shoulders. "Where do we go now?"

"Dunno. Might as well just follow everybody else."

The two started walking, mingling with the crowd. It seemed the steady flow of this stream inevitably led to the Academy gardens, where groups of students had gathered around to talk. They stopped not far from where Zak Dymo Zak Dymo was sitting and settled down to wait until something happened.

"Do you have any food?" Starlin asked.

"Just crumbs," Tom replied. "I assume they'll provide us with lunch, at least."

"It's funny," Starlin muttered, rubbing his eyes. He hadn't gotten much sleep the night before, mostly because he stayed up late playing a video game. "I'm so hungry I could eat a whole Wookiee, but whenever I start thinking about why we're here I suddenly lose my appetite."

"You're gonna be a Jedi Sentinel."

"Aw, shut up," Starlin groaned. "I don't know what I'm gonna be yet."

Tom grinned at his reaction and decided to keep provoking him. "How could you be anything else? You're very good with a saber, but not an expert, and I don't think you're martial enough to pull off being a Guardian. Your command of the Force is pretty good too - certainly better than mine - but it's not your specialty, so no Consular either. You are very resourceful, however. You're the textbook example of a born Sentinel."

"Your mother is 'the textbook example of a born Sentinel'," Starlin mocked, then immediately started to backpedal. "Chit, that wasn't even funny..."

"No, it wasn't." But Tom didn't seem too bothered by the simultaneously insensitive and bombed joke, thankfully. "I don't think I fit into any of the categories."

"Then I guess you and I are both gonna wind up as Sentinels. Who was a famous Sentinel?"

"Uh, Bastila Shan? She was a famous Jedi who specialized in Battle Meditation. Also fought Revan. May or may not have slept with him after he returned to the Light, too."

"Hehe, nice." Starlin hesitated. "What about Luke Skywalker?"

"He was a Guardian, like his father. Obi-Wan Kenobi as well." Tom's eyes searched Starlin's face, reading his expression. "You wanted to be like them."

"I said I don't know what I want." Starlin sighed. "But yeah, sure. I strive to be like my personal heroes. Who doesn't?"

"It really just depends on your motives, I should think. Whether you want to be famous and remembered like they were, or if you want to serve the galaxy the way they did."

"Or make the same mistakes."

"What do you mean?"

Starlin shook his head. "I dunno. I'm tired and talking out my exhaust pipe. Ignore me."

"Okay." Pulling out his datapad, Tom began to silently read. Starlin meanwhile put his head on his backpack and started to doze off.

Amaly Naetre

A
Amaly's attention was removed of her Datapad as the Students were gradually led to her little makeshift clearing within the Gardens of Commenor's Jedi Academy. She took in the sight of them with a friendly and welcoming smile, reaching out to either side with each hand gesturing to the cushions that had been laid atop the grass, plenty enough to go around for each student to make themselves comfortable.

There was purpose in such humble seating, that they could all speak comfortably without having to look up or down upon anyone else. Mutual level discouraging power dynamics and instead hopefully enabling the Students to trust in the company that was her own.

"Hello there Students. Please do take a seat and make yourselves comfortable" The Jedi Master greeted them before introducing herself, "My name is Amaly Naetre and I serve within the Order alongside you all as a Jedi Master here on Commenor" she gestured then to the great Temple behind them, her only place of residency in the Galaxy.

It had been a little difficult not to catch the end of Starlin Rand's conversation with his friend, however it was encouraging to note that her Students for this session were already thinking about the subject to be discussed. Guardians, Sentinels and Consulars - These were once primary focuses of the Jedi Order and they would indeed be aspects of today's conversation, however first the Jedi Master wished to get to know her peers a little more.

"Before we get into the subject of the Silver Jedi Order and what pathways it can offer, I wondered if you'd all mind first introducing yourselves one at a time" She smiled a moment, looking to Takui Takui who was first on her right and gesturing from the lad, around the circle of students that had formed within the Garden clearing.

"Let's start with our name's and why we want to be Jedi, or perhaps what led us to the Silver Jedi Order. However much you wish to share with us, there's no right or wrong answers here".

We all fall in parallel
Aveline Cuiléin Aveline Cuiléin was out of the transport behind him in short order. One of the few people he had met on Kashyyyk if only briefly, he still felt a bit more comfortable to at least know someone attending the same event. He shook off the spell of bewilderment that the large city cast over him and regarded her with a smile.

"Yes, definitely," he replied. "If I'm honest, I'm a bit overwhelmed still, and anxious about... everything. I barely even grasp the concept of what a Jedi is," he chuckled.

"I mean, everyone has heard the stories, sure. I think I only met a Jedi for the first time less than two weeks ago, though." Was he talking too much? He was probably talking too much. They were already in the garden by the time he finished speaking, surrounded by more unfamiliar faces. At least he wasn't alone, though.

They gathered around, a conversation between Starlin Rand Starlin Rand and one of his friends grabbing at Taku's interests. Luke Skywalker? Obi-Wan Kenobi? The first name sounded familiar, somehow related to the incident during the Galactic Civil War all those years ago involving Alderaan, and Yavin...

Maybe they played a more important role in History than the books let on. Over time, the Gulag plague had ravaged the galactic population, various religions and civilizations fell to ruin, and the survivors were left to pick up the pieces. All of that ancient History had slowly moved into the realm of myth and legend.

But for these people, it seemed, it was all too real.

Then the Master spoke up. She explained that they would start with names and reasons, and then indicated that he was first. "First... oh, hey, wait, I'm first!?" he blinked, clearly caught off guard.

With a deep breath, Taku calmed himself down. It was a ritual for him now, closing his eyes and slowing down, letting the world around him diminish. His problems became small, or at least seemed to. When he opened his eyes, his attention centered on Amaly Naetre and exhaled slowly.

"I'm Takui," he said, "but its fine if you wanted to call me Taku. I want to be a Jedi because..." his voice trailed off. It was such a complex answer, and at the root of that was a harsh truth. Taku didn't want to be a Jedi. He hadn't asked for any of this.

At the forefront of his mind, the leering, smirking face of his father taunted him. The breakdown of his family as a unit washed through his thoughts. His mother, sitting up for the last time and forcing a smile for his benefit flashed through his thoughts. Not for the first time, he was reminded why he did this at all.

"...because its something I have to do," he answered, honestly.

Being late should have been his middle name.

He walked through Commenor's temple halls with a fast pace, but not too much that it looked like he was running from something, he was only running to something. After another experience with the dark side of the force, some of the Healers recommend that he sit in on this speech given by Jedi Master Amaly Naetre. They said it would be a good way for him to reconnect, to truly remember what it was like to be a Jedi. It was mostly going to be Padawans here today, so he would feel a little out of place.

Going through one of the temples doors he finally reached the gardens. Some type of bird sung not to far off in the distance. Listening closely he heard past the song and heard voices talking. It must be them. Now walking instead of running he rounded the corner to fight the group of Jedi sitting there, giving intorductions. Good, he wasn't too late. Once one of the Padawans finished talking he began to walk forward.

"Hello, yes, uh...I'm sorry I'm late. I got caught up with some of the Healers."

With a quick nod of greetings to everyone he lowered himself onto the grass, sitting next to the Jedi who just spoke ( Takui Takui ). Hopefully the healers were right, and that this could help him reconnect with the light side of the force.

Words: 241

Draven Eterena Draven Eterena | Zak Dymo Zak Dymo | Sky'ito Yumi Sky'ito Yumi

s8zhuN.png

Equipment: Simple Jedi Robes, inherited lightsaber
Tag: Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei , Starlin Rand Starlin Rand , Zak Dymo Zak Dymo , Sky'ito Yumi Sky'ito Yumi , Draven Eterena Draven Eterena

Desbre still mourned the loss of her ship. It had been heavily damaged in an incident when she had been on a long survey mission. As far as she knew, it was still sitting on the lush moon that belonged to Anse Baenshaol. He'd found her crashed vessel, helped her escape from slavers, and people hunting her. The two had grown close, but the incident had shown her so many things. Taking public transit to Commenor grated a little, but thankfully it was full of Jedi. She missed the freedom of her ship. And it's solitude. But since returning back to Silver Jedi Concord space, she'd gained more training on Kashyyyk.

After four years she still had not found a Master that sought to stick with her. Three had come, three had gone. But in time she had realized through discussions that it had nothing to do with her, and everything to do with matters of service. Some had even returned to the Force. But based on the training criteria in the Jedi Comport she was doing quite well. All her training and evaluations showed a quite high level of competency for a padawan. The truth was she worked her ass off for it, virtually every waking moment. Even if she hadn't trained close to the heart of the SJC, she took every lesson she'd ever learned and sought to drain every bit out of it she could. Practicing relentlessly, religiously. Driven by forces most of the other Padawans she knew of didn't' seem to share.

She knew there were personal challenges she had to face. And there were pains still clinging to her spirit and her mind she had to deal with. Matters of family and home that haunted her days and nights, and dogged her like a coachman with a whip. When she couldn't train, she poured herself into her artwork or tinkering. A lot of that had gone up on the Comport. But she still kept relatively to herself. Most, if not all the padawans were half a decade to a decade younger. The level of life experience in many cases was less intense. She barely knew any of them at all. She recognized Tom Kovack and Aveline Cuiléin Aveline Cuiléin from a recent lightsaber training class on Kashyyyk at The Silver Rest, but that was as far as any recognition went. She still felt like an outsider in many ways. But that had been true for most of her life.

As they all made their way toward the gardens she'd passed Tom and Aveline each and gave them a nod and faint smile of recognition while letting her ranging strides take her ahead of the group. She did surreptitiously glance around, looking at the structures and enjoying the sighs and architecture. But the truth was, she'd seen plenty of such sights back home. Arkanians liked to push the bounds and the bleeding edge of technology and techniques, including engineering, building, and architecture. Commenor was pretty and it was alive and bustling, but the ebb and flow of urban life was nothing different to her. Even if she'd spent more time dirtside and working the mines of Arkania as an ore sorter and then a hovertruck driver first. And of course a swoop racer. She was going to have to go home at some point.

What kind of Jedi do you want to be?

The question nagged at her. But that was why she came here to find out. Part of her wondered why this couldn't be attended remotely. The Jedi had plenty of Holonet access. The Comport was designed for this kind of thing. But some things were best done in person, she supposed. Here, one could feel each other out through the Force, connect tele-empathically, and share experiences on a whole new level.

Taking her seat she listened to Amaly Naetre and her opening speech. She sounds like a tour guide was the first thought that went through Desbre's head. But she realized there had to be a little bit of showmanship at the start of these things. As introductions began, starting with Takui Takui . The two seemed they could have been brother and sister almost with their pale features and hair. Some might have mistaken Desbre for Echani, but no.

Taku finished his short introduction, leaving it to Des. She felt on the spot, but there was nothing for it. The best she could do was give her best and honest effort. "My name is Desbre Gensan. There are many reasons why I came to the Silver Jedi," she began, slowly. Pressure began to build up in her chest, a mixture of anxiety at how much she should share, and also how painful some of her reasons were. But honesty was key, and she knew others had similar struggles. Hearing what she had to say might well help them, and help them find some measure of peace, of place, or at least reassurance that they weren't alone. Being truly alone was perhaps the worst of it all.

"Four years ago, I lost someone I loved dearly. My grandmother and grandfather were raising my siblings and me after our parents died in a vehicle collision. It shouldn't have happened, but sometimes safety measures aren't foolproof. Anyway, when I reached my teenage years like many padawans are now, I started hanging out with 'the wrong crowd'." Finger quotes and all. "I completed my schooling. I worked two jobs. Three technically. I worked for a mining company sorting ore and rough diamond or driving the ore haulers. Job three was racing. I had rocket fuel for blood, I guess. Still do. In the racing scene, I was drinking, and hanging out all hours. I slept around too. Got into fights. Anything to fell, or not feel the things I wanted to avoid. I got into fights with my grandparents. I never felt good enough for my grandfather. My grandmother tried to pull me away from my 'friends'. I saw it as her trying to ruin my life, rather than keep me safe."

She gathered a breath and let it out slow, using a touch of the Force to ease her nerves. As she spoke she turned her attention to each of her peers and the Master giving this whole discussion, trying to connect with each and impress on them the gravity of the decisions she'd made. "Things came to a head one night after an argument with my Grams. She was getting up there in age. But I didn't care. I'd not raced in months, but I was soooo angry at her. And I don't even remember why now. I didn't hate her, but I felt trapped and claustrophobic. I needed to blow off steam. I called up my friends. There was a big pot on a race that night. I took some of my stored up cash and entered."

"The race went well, until the last little bit. The whole time I'd been alive in a way I'd never expected. Everything flowed. I was happy. I was in my bliss. Nothing else mattered but the speed, the freedom. Everything else was washed away. I could anticipate what people were doing almost. I recognize now that I was in the flow state and also feeling the Force. But so too did I feel a spike in stress, then pain, and distress.... My head hurt as though a spike had driven through it. And then I began to feel cold, numb, disoriented. One of the other racers sideswiped me at three hundred kilometers per hour. I slammed into the tunnel wall we were in. I managed to recover before things could get worse, but had to limp my bike back."

"I get home, and emergency medical services are posted up outside the house. My grandmother had a massive stroke and aneurysm. It had been just waiting to go for some time, but it kicked off when my grandparents found out where I was and what I was doing." Her gaze fell at this. This story was still hard to tell, even though she'd told it several times now. But it was distant, years ago, even if it still stung.

"My grandfather had every right to kick me out, but he didn't. We hardly spoke, and I knew he blamed me for Grams' death. And he was right. He was one hundred percent right. It was my fault. Even if I didn't pull the trigger, so to speak. A while later though, we sat down to talk about it. I wanted to clear the air, and maybe try to salvage things." Guilt an shame rolled off her in waves as she relayed her story, easily seen and easily felt.

She shrugged one shoulder, picking at her nails in her lap. "I took him back that night, as he listened. I laid everything out for him. All my thoughts and feelings on the fight at the time. And then getting into the race, and the race itself. I don't think they ever really understood until that point what racing meant to me. It wasn't about the partying, or anything else. It was about feeling alive, freedom, and doing something that I truly loved. And even working on my bike, hanging out with the people that did actually care. My girlfriend. Even the guys that taught me how to scrap on the street. The ones that looked out for me. They were better friends than he knew. They'd only chosen to see one side of things."

"As I relayed the events in as much detail as I could, he got this far away look. And he told me to sit and wait at the kitchen table in our little house. It was just me and him. My sister and brother were off elsewhere at the time. He came back with an old storage box and sat it down on the table. And began to explain that long before the Gulag outbreak, and purportedly after, there had been a few Arkanians in our bloodline that had served as Jedi. And my experiences in some ways matched what little he knew that had survived. As evidence, he presented me this," she said, reaching down to unclip the lightsaber at her belt. "He showed me some old picture albums. Physical media on flimsi, archival quality. But I didn't recognize any of the faces, and there weren't any names that I knew of. That day he suggested that maybe I wasn't meant to be on Arkania and that perhaps I was strong in the Force, meant to be a Jedi." She shook her head. "That was a subtle way for him of saying I should go away. Or at least go see what I can learn or find out."

She sighed then. "So I pooled my resources, bought me an ancient Loronar B-9 freighter, and fixed it up as best I could. Then I set out with just this lightsaber. And that's how I came to the Order. I came seeking knowledge of my ancestors. Knowledge of the Force. Was I really strong in it? Could I actually be a Jedi? Could I make my family and my people proud? Could I redeem my past mistakes? Could I contribute in some meaningful way?"

She sighed. "So I found some of my answers. Obviously. But I still don't know my heritage. And there's always more to learn. What kind of Jedi do I want to be? I haven't slowed down long enough to really contemplate it. As things go, I've been following the flow and the Will of the Force. And as I am told I'm nearing the time for my Trials. To build my own saber. And this is a question that I think I need to answer. And at the same time, my skills are broad enough I know I can go almost any direction."

"What kind of Jedi do I want to be? I don't know. But maybe this will help me figure it out," she said. As she finished she addressed Master Naetre directly. A measure of anxiety welled up within her as she lapsed into silence. It was a lot. A ton of pain and trouble she had dumped on this small gathering. And she'd monopolized so much time already. And if one paid attention, before she'd come to the Order, she'd... by some considerations.. ben a criminal. That thought stung. She'd never seen herself like that, but she supposed it was true. The whole pouring out of herself made her realize a few things. Some aspects of her personality hadn't changed. She still loved speed and the freedom of it. She loved machines, tinkering, drawing. Mental challenges, but she also loved lightsaber combat. Loved growing, learning, feeding her mind, and also asking questions, turning as many corners as she could. And the truth was, her story only covered the highlights. There were some truly miserable moments in time, especially since beginning her time with the Jedi. And before, she'd done some things that were definitely codified as illegal in some places and celebrated in others.

All she could do was hope that Master Naetre considered what she'd revealed about her past as water under the bridge. But she silently waited for the ax to fall that would take her head from her shoulders, figuratively speaking. She didn't realize then that she was clutching her saber in a white-knuckle death-grip, and forced herself to relax, breathing slowly.

If the ones that had allowed her to join the Order for training hadn't seen fit to d something about her history... it was unlikely such a welcoming teacher would do any such thing, she reminded herself. The whole purpose was to help and show others that even with a terrible beginning, they might well find a path and a place. And that they weren't alone, and didn't have to suffer in silence. And it was one tiny little drop in the ocean of debt she felt she could never repay.

Draven's luck obviously was low balling today. His own social anxiety was bad enough. Especially as the numbers of attendees began to meet a threshold in this garden. Which Draven was starting to get uncomfortable with. Though it hadn't quite boiled over. Especially, since he had somewhat of an idea there would be a group. It was kind of the purpose of this meeting.

No, the worse bit was who he was sat beside. Desbre Gensan Desbre Gensan He was sure the woman was.. Well intentioned. She was here after all. Though her introduction caught Draven off guard on multiple fronts. Draven visibly tensed as he felt the woman's anxiety began to grow. While he closed his eyes and focused. Doing his best to differentiate the swirling of emotions. While she drove into her tale to how she ended up with the silvers. A lot of the emotion he was actively having to differentiate was Desbre as she was stationed beside him and her initial anxiety matched unfavorably with his own anxiety.

Though it was also the pain, the guilt, the multitude of unsettling emotions involved around her family tragedy. Which was really striking Draven as it was the most intense of the emotions being laid out. Draven was just about to steel himself against the turrent. When he noticed Desbre reaching for her lightsaber. Draven flinched as every fiber in his body urged him to take a defensive stance. In response to the perceived potential threat. He had to scoot a little away from her in order to compose himself.

In time her story came to a draw. The emotions spiked a little again at the end. Though Draven managed by now to compose himself. As his steel grey hues held on a look of utter neutrality. Draven was while shaken. An entity based upon his will power. He had to be to deal with his ability to connect with others. Especially in groups. When several people's emotions were being slapped upon your own.

Draven waited a solid moment. Before acknowledging it was his turn to address himself. He glanced around the group. Before speaking in a clearly focused calm manner. "My name is Draven Eterena. I have more or less been raised under the jedi. Following an incident involving.. Violence" Draven had to pause to avoid saying Weapons and looking distastefully towards the lightsaber Desbre was about to draw during her introduction. "Which had happened at a pretty young age for me. Leading to circumstances which lead the order to take me in under their wing. Since that point. I have remained with them. As I suppose it felt like the right thing to do." Draven concluded.

Draven felt like his introduction was anti-climatic. More so in comparison to the introduction made before his. Draven felt he proposed his introduction like that purposefully. He needed the moment to defuse a bit. Without working up the emotions any further. Draven thought deeply about the matter at hand. Once he was able to relax back down. He was sure he would be in a position he could more deeply reflect upon the purpose for the meeting instead of the current task at hand.

Losing is tempoary, giving up is permanent.
Her gaze wandered from each Padawan and new student as she took wandered into the clearing, though non were familiar to her it was nice to see so many fresh faces among the Order. Such showed it was once again increasing in size and growing stronger, something that would be needed to defend the peace they had managed to acquire.

Following Amaly Naetre gesture she took a seat on one of the many cushions scattered around just as the final people seemed to arrive, her seat being next to Takui Takui . He seemed like someone she'd get along with, said Padawan being the first to speak up upon Amaly's choice, Sukai giving is a quite clap of encouragement. It was through his speech that she got a better understanding of this group meeting, herself thinking the question through.

In a sense she was already a Jedi of sorts, having been with the order for a while, but at the time time she wasn't fully one. Her family history and deliberate dabbling in the dark side made her different to the others, was type of Jedi DID she want to be? The question continued to roll around her head as both Desbre Gensan Desbre Gensan and Draven Eterena Draven Eterena did their own introductions.

Both, while one short and the other long, showed that ever present dark side of the galaxy that was the route of many problems. Once again she was glad such individuals had wound up with the Jedi and not with others that would either abuse their powers or prey on their fears, be it Sith or other sinister organizations. Perhaps she could be involved in the process to help these newcomers down such a path to hopefully steer their lives in the right direction and do some good in the galaxy.

waiting a few seconds Sukai took in a breath, standing up and giving a short bow to those present, then a deeper bow towards Master Nsetre. "Greetings, my name is Sukai Yumi, though I also go by Sky, I have been apart of the order for some time now, through good and bad times, but through it all I've always been somewhat of an outlier". "Though the Silver Jedi does not condemn those who may pull from the darks side like of the past, my choice to do so has been awkward at some times".

She stopped for a second, contemplating what to say next. Going over her life story and time in the Jedi would have taken quite a while, along with revealing family matters that she would rather keep secret for the time being. A short but sweet ending was all that was needed in her eyes. "I hope that I can figure out my place in the order, and, force be willing, help those perhaps like me which by choice or circumstance practice more unorthodox methods".

Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei Zak Dymo Zak Dymo

Aveline was glad Takui Takui let her tag along. They spent most of the trip with friendly chatter, speculating on what they could expect from this seminar. She'd prod and ask him what he thought about the big city, clearly revealing that she was very excited and intrigued by it. If he was worried he might be talking too much, Aveline was quick to put that to rest by being unable to shut up. "Oh really? That's recent. I've been around the Silvers a little longer, but not that long. I was pretty much raised by a Jedi. Or, well... Not sure if you would call him a Jedi exactly. He wasn't part of any order, I mean. He said they used to call him a Gray Jedi." Being surrounded by this many Jedi all at once and on a daily basis was definitely a new experience she was still learning to get used to in many ways.

The garden most definitely had a different vibe than the city streets, but Aveline was absolutely taken in by this sight as well. You'd think she'd gotten enough nature on Kashyyyk, but this was something else. It was less wild, more planned, yet it still managed to impress with an authentic and soothing feel.

They moved into the area, which was quickly becoming crowded. She smiled as she recognised at least one familiar face, and gave a nod back to Desbre Gensan Desbre Gensan . A popular class this, it seemed. This Amaly Naetre was probably impressive. Aveline wondered how many were from Commenor, and how many had travelled from far away planets. She got separated from Takui, which she didn't love, but she sat herself down on a pillow without making much fuss about it. She listened as they all answered in turn, until the room fell silent and eyes landed on her. She swallowed.

"Yes, hi" she cleared her throat, finding her pitch to be a little off. They were really all looking at her, huh? "My name is Aveline Cuiléin. I've been with the Silver Jedi a few years now, maybe two, but I've been training to become a Jedi for as long as I can remember." she paused, remembering to breathe. "It is my destiny. If I turn my back on that, people might get hurt, or die. People I could have saved if I became a Jedi. That's why I need to become a Jedi. And as strong as possible, so that I have the power to do as much good as possible."

She didn't feel comfortable sharing exactly how and why she had sought out the Silver Jedi when she did. Maybe if it had just been her and Takui Takui , but not with this many people around, strangers in particular. She waited for that subtle nod of approval to indicate there weren't any follow up questions for her to address, then she looked to her side and the next in line.

Starlin Rand Starlin Rand | Tom Kovack | Draven Eterena Draven Eterena | Sky'ito Yumi Sky'ito Yumi | Zak Dymo Zak Dymo | Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei | Desbre Gensan Desbre Gensan

Last edited:
While the others shared their stories, ranging from Desbre Gensan Desbre Gensan 's epic to the single sentence of Takui Takui , the formal introduction of Sky'ito Yumi Sky'ito Yumi to the more casual explanation of Aveline Cuiléin Aveline Cuiléin , Starlin roused from his torpor and scrambled to compose his own tale. Everyone else seemed motivated by some kind of tragedy or were orphans taken in by Jedi as children (or in the case of Draven Eterena Draven Eterena , both). Sky'ito's story stood out to him, albeit for all the wrong reasons. Syd Celsius Syd Celsius had told him to beware the Dark Side, and much of his master's lessons involved learning ways of destroying Dark beings and purifying corruption.

The revelation that this girl used the Dark Side without any apparent shame or reluctance didn't sit well with Starlin - and it made Tom staring at her earlier seem all the stranger. Starlin glanced at his friend while she spoke, his gaze questioning, but Tom either ignored him or didn't take the hint.

After Aveline finished, Tom was the next person to speak. "My name is Tom Kovack. I decided to become a Jedi because I was always interested in their history and legends, and because my sister needs training more than I do. It's been me and her against the galaxy for a while now, so I figured I might as well go with her on this journey too."

Starlin made a little "awwww" noise, then took a deep breath before giving his tale of woe.

"Uh, well, I sort of fell into this whole Jedi gig. I had a Jedi great-uncle who I'd never met before, but when he died he left me this ancient Jedi lightsaber crystal in his will... well, it was really more of a fragment of the original crystal, but it had some special properties. Before I knew it, the Sith had showed up at my door and started threatening my family, so I took it and ran... met this professor named Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok who told me what the crystal was... he helped save me from the Sith, took the crystal off my hands, and sent me to Zeffo, where I met my master and killed a coven of witches on my first day of training..." He smirked. Summarizing the events of the past year always made it sound pretty insane. Kind of hilarious, too. "Since then I've been training with the Silvers, waving lightsabers around, doing space magic, all that jazz. I was in a battle with the Bryn not too long ago. Got shot in both my legs. Owie. Do not recommend... Oh, the real reason I'm here is because I love lightsabers. They're so fething cool. I love the sound they make, I love the way they look, I love how versatile they are. You can use them to cut through doors, locks, people. Cut open a tauntaun's belly to use it for warmth. Throw it like a frisbee. It's amazing.... and my name is Starlin Rand, by the way."

He half expected someone in the group to clap sarcastically, and was pleased when it was Tom who delivered, lightly touching his fingertips together to produce a very soft sound, like what he had just heard was high art unworthy of the vulgarity of normal applause.

Amaly Naetre Zak Dymo Zak Dymo

Amaly Naetre

A
The Students before her all seemed willing to contribute and introduce themselves, some perhaps more hesitant than others but that was to be expected when meeting new people. The reason that Amaly had started the session off with introductions was in order to encourage them to open themselves up to the group, to break the ice so to speak and to drop that subconscious guard or barrier that one typically raised around the unknown. For many, it was difficult to speak about such personal things around those they were uncertain they could trust not to be judged or laughed at, yet her Students for today did not fail to impress and as each of them finished, the Jedi Master offered a nod and a warm smile in appreciation.

Takui Takui led the group as suggested, explaining that he had only met a Jedi very recently. Two weeks was not long at all in the sense of a Jedi's life-time of learning and growth, and the boys response gave Amaly the needed understanding that he had not likely gained an overview of the Silver Jedi Order and what it had to offer. The perfect candidate for such a discussion to be held, an introduction into one's chosen or desired fields within the Order itself. As for why he was there, his answer was simple and short, yet also genuine and Amaly had no trouble seeing that he was motivated and eager.

Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei arrived between answers, to which the Jedi Master gestured to one of the cushions on the ground yet to be taken up. Hopefully he would listen to the others and catch on to their introductions and answering the posed question as to why they wished to become a Jedi in the first place.

Desbre Gensan Desbre Gensan followed Takui's turn in speaking, and it was quite the lengthy response indeed. She appeared to be further along in her experiences than the others from first impressions, and had suffered some hardships that had obviously impacted her life choices and what had brought her into the group session today. Despite her past and her time within the Order thus far, she too shared the others uncertainty as to what the future might hold and what specific field she wished to dedicate her focus and time into.

Draven Eterena Draven Eterena followed and in some contrast to Desbre as the lad appeared to be a little shy or withheld. None the less, he did well to speak up and also shared a hardship in little detail, an incident of violence that had led to his being taken in by the Order of the SIlver Jedi. Like Draven, many people who came into the Order felt a sense of righteousness in being there and serving to do some good. The right thing to do.

Sky'ito Yumi Sky'ito Yumi wasn't among the Jedi Padawan of the Silvers, yet that did not give her any less reason or right to be present. On the contrary, Amaly was glad to have a Knight among them for the potential experiences that might be shared from their previous years. It was a little concerning however that she had felt as though she didn't quite fit in, however finding one's place in life could take a life-time for some and if there was something that the Jedi Master could do to help, she'd be glad to do so.

Aveline Cuiléin Aveline Cuiléin and Starlin Rand Starlin Rand gave their answers and like those before them the sense of determination and confidence in their being where they were meant to be was conveyed by Aveline. Starlin on the other hand had a fondness for Lightsabers, no small hint given in the way that he spoke about them with great enthusiasm and energy causing the Jedi Master to grin to herself. Perhaps the Guardian's path for that one.

"Very good" Amaly would finally reply once they had finished, "It's lovely to meet you all" she welcomed the exchange and then gave a quick glance to the datapad sat down by her side. "I heard a lot of good things in your responses and each of you will certainly have a lot to offer the Order through your strengths and weaknesses.." she paused before adding ".-We all have them", giving them a gentle smile.

"Throughout your time with the Order, you will or may have already been introduced to subjects entirely new. For some, finding their path is a simple case of following their hobbies or interests, while others may seek incentive through their life experiences in order to bring change or benefit out of them".

Trauma and hardship could often become great motivators for people to seek professions from in order to discourage similar events happening to others, or to help others recover from them. Amaly had seen plenty a Jedi come out of rough backgrounds and seek to focus in protection of humanitarian aid for reasons of personal experience.

"I personally detest violence, I'm much more of a peaceful soul and would greatly prefer to study the Force or to provide learning for students such as yourselves as opposed to practicing the saber arts or taking to the field of combat" she explained. The Jedi Master was a pacifist at heart and while the Galaxy often got the largest impression of Jedi from those out on the frontlines wielding their lightsabers, there were so many other opportunities just as purposeful and needed for the Galaxy.

"What are some of the things that you're all good at?" She posed the question to them all, "Or what are you most interested in with regards to hobbies and pass-times. These don't have to necessarily be relating to the Order itself, but may be similar to some of the strengths you could capitalize from during your learning and growth within the Order. For example Starlin clearly enjoys using a Lightsaber..." she grinned.

alB28Y.jpg

Equipment: simple jedi robes, inherited lightsaber

The nod from Master Naetre and small smile sent relief washing over Desbre. It had only been a small worry, but it was good to be free of it. she listened to the stories of each of the others and found perhaps she'd said too much. She'd come to the Order to figure out if she had strength in it. She'd smashed that goal years ago. She'd come looking for knowledge of her family history. That goal was still pending. Getting the approval of her family. That also remained. She hadn't even called home since she left. They probably thought she was dead. Did they even want to see her again?

Looking at it like that, she'd not so much come to the Jedi to learn. It was exile. Exile and hard labor, punishment, until she either had served her time or died. And there was no end date to her exile. In truth, her grandfather had never directly told her to leave. Only suggested that she should go find out. Even angry, while he was hard-edged, she knew the man had a deep reservoir of kindness and generosity. Had her vanishing, seemingly at his request, hurt him and the family more? At some point, she would have to return to Arkania, and those frigid plains to find out.

It was a momentary, idle chain of thoughts that only lasted a second. A virtue of the keen, sharp mind most of her people possessed.

With the question about hobbies and interests, there was a moment of silence. None of the visitors seemed as though they wanted to speak first. Frak it. She would take that plunge. Des had never been one to shy away from stepping in and doing first.

"Well, first and foremost I love to fly. Anything with speed, from a speeder bike or swoop to an airspeeder. I... I would love to fly something like a starfighter. Even if it's only once, just because. I found out through training I like to run. When I learned how to use the Force to increase my speed, and make huge leaps, especially on a run it stopped being training and felt like flying again." Without realizing it as she spoke her face began to light up, remembering the feeling behind those moments as well as various snippets of memory that came with them. Anyone paying attention in the Force might well pick up on those snippets of vision and feeling so vibrant were they.

"In truth, it's the freedom of movement in space. Even the feeling of pulling gees." She sighed then. "I came to really love lightsaber combat. It's been something that's kept me sane during some of my roughest moments. Helped me work through pain and frustration. And even allows me that speed again, from time to time." She shrugged.

"When I was a racer, one of the reasons I loved it besides flying was working on the bikes. Mine or my teams'. I liked fixing things. Seeing how all the parts fit together, replacing or repairing the broken ones. That turned into tinkering with small bits and bobs. Making micro-droid toys, mostly. I've taken apart my lightsaber a couple dozen times and put it together just as many. Same for the small holdout blaster I used to carry."

"I love art. I do a lot of sketching and drawing, along with digital painting. There's some of my stuff up on the Comport but a lot of it I've kept to myself. It's a form of expression. I'm not sure how that particular one could serve the order, other than promotional pieces." She shrugged then, considering. Her expression was thoughtful and introspective.

"I've got a decent skill with computer systems. I know the diamond trade a fair bit. I can pilot big, lumbering hover trucks. Not sure the order has much use for that. Ultimately I learn pretty fast," she said chewing her lower lip.
zJxNdnE.png

We all fall in parallel
Taku was greatly appreciative of Aveline's attentiveness. The fact that she seemed to take a genuine interest in what he had to say made him feel less small and unimportant, and that went a long way for the relative comfort he felt in a new and unknown place. She talked for a moment about her mentor being a member of some Jedi Order or another and Taku reflected on the words for a moment.

Where there other kinds of Jedi out there? He recalled something another person had said a while back about being affiliated with the Galactic Alliance, but that sounded more like politics than anything. Taku wanted nothing to do with that, if it could be helped.

The more curious thing she said was "gray" Jedi. What did that mean?

Before he could ask, or Aveline could elaborate, they were already engaged in the lesson. He had given his introduction, and as the others spoke, he respectfully listened along. It took a mighty effort not to gloss over every single person's quirks, likes, and skill sets but Taku forced himself to be present mentally out of respect. They had done as much for him.

Even if his sentence now seemed woefully inadequate by comparison. He was beginning to think Jedi were just really talkative people.

The girl with hair much like his own introduced herself as Desbre. Desbre Gensan Desbre Gensan wasn't quite the same, though: paler skin, a certain almost frail, yet refined quality surrounded her. It was like she was planned from the ground up to exemplify perfection. He had heard of Arkanians, but until this moment, he hadn't ever seen one.

To compare the two of them was to compare a rose to a tumbleweed. Taku was hardly worth mentioning next to someone like that. At least, that was how he compared the two of them.

When the others spoke, he heard of lightsabers, of darkness, and of violence. One extreme and the other, and everything in between sat in the courtyard together, carefully learning about one another. Destiny, Aveline said, and he felt vastly overwhelmed. He wasn't willed here by some divine miracle.

He hadn't received training, or endured tragedy, or been taken in as a child.

He had not come for a love of all things Jedi, like Starlin had. He was not here on tradition or to expand understanding like Sky'ito. He didn't have a heartfelt wish to foster peace and understanding in the Galaxy like Draven. He just made a deathbed promise to a dying woman.

Did he even belong here?

Everyone was so driven, so motivated, so excited to become a Jedi. Taku realized very quickly that he had no idea what a Jedi was. As he listened to Desbre talk about her knack for flying, her interest in lightsabers, a love of art, and a mind for technology the youth floundered.

Suddenly, he felt his chest tighten and he found that he had no words. Still, the time had come for him to speak. He couldn't lie, it wouldn't be right. He didn't have the heart to tell them that they were not the same.

"I, uh," he started, his eyes drifting toward the ground as his self conscious mind ate away at his façade of courage. "I like naps," he admitted in a quieter voice, "and playing games."

He didn't look around to see if there were eyes on him.

"Sometimes I read." he said. "Books," he addended quickly, to clarify.

Late. No. Not late. Hesitant. It'd been some time since he was last with the Silver Jedi. He did not want to participate in the war with the Mandalorians, and so went out on his own. Traveling as little more than a freighter pilot delivering goods as he searched for himself. But there was more that still needed to be done. His sister had become the Emperor. His uncle the Dark Lord. Worse still, his father was free of the responsibilities of both roles. Free to go about the galaxy and wreak what ever mayhem he wanted to.

So he came here. Kahlil wanted to see the next generation, to be able to believe in hope again.

He walked into the room, opting to stick to the background. He wasn't a knight of the Order, so best he stay out of the way for the moment. There wasn't a single familiar face. Had it truly been so long that there would be none he could recognize? Or perhaps they no longer needed these sorts of lessons. Either way, time had certainly passed.

The group was an interesting mix of people, from all manner of back grounds and ages. The tall figure let himself smile, if only briefly. Perhaps there was hope for the future.

He hadn't responded.

When the introductions had worked their way around to Starlin Rand Starlin Rand , who was seated near where the Pantoran was, the boy had hesitated a moment, and said nothing. It was also possible that Boo had slipped into Force Stealth, either consciously or subconsciously. He was exceptional at it, to the point that even the Jedi Shadow Master Coci Heavenshield Coci Heavenshield had difficulty in seeing through the obfuscation of the Dark Side of the Force.

Master Amaly Naetre had moved on, so it didn't matter after that point.

The reality was, Boo still didn't have an answer for the question. He didn't know what kind of Jedi he wanted to be. He wasn't even entirely certain that he was Jedi.

His name? That was another disaster. With the exception of only the newest accessions, he imagined almost everyone had heard the name Heavenshield.

Boo didn't exactly fit the stereotype, being the blue sheep in the family (every one has one, right?)

In a case of first impressions, the Pantoran was likely to come up remarkably short from whatever the name inspired. Tall, powerful Valkyri warriors with black hair, perhaps?

No, Boo was an outlier. The person he connected with the most was, perhaps, Sky'ito Yumi Sky'ito Yumi who had described herself in as many words.

The next set of questions was perhaps even worse.

"What are some of the things that you're all good at?"

A sharp intake of breath, as the memory of a Togruta padawan immediately came to mind. It was not a pleasant one. Rather, it was a violent one. And the start of getting his hands bloody in the name of the Supreme Leader. He'd been an executioner at ten, carried out supervised assassination and espionage operations at eleven, and had been working undercover inside the Silver Jedi by the time he'd been twelve.

He knew exactly what he was good at. And there was nothing good about any of it.

His hobbies had been developed by his handlers in order to make the boy's cover more believable. Pod racing experience had given him the requisite pilot hours needed to apply to the Levantine Astronautical Academy, the pathway into the Silver's back door. Forcing him to repair and maintain his own pod racer or swoop bike had familiarized him with plasma and drive systems, engine components and how mechanical systems functioned. It made him a better saboteur.

His life was a fiction. A part written for him. A role in a First Order play. A bit role. A minor part. Made to be expendable and forgettable.

"I like naps."

Boo looked up, where Takui Takui had just offered the best possible answer in his opinion.

"And playing games."

There was a pause, then Boo gave a soft laugh. This was already proving to be a different group of people than he had imagined. Some of the First Order bias regarding the Jedi was clearly still rolling around the boy's head, likely reinforced by the fact that the Heavenshields embodied many of those stereotypes.

Theo in particular was not one to turn down anyone's damn fool idealistic crusade. And Thora was taking after him.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom