Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question What is the biggest change you’d like in 2022?

idk what I want to change, things seem to be going pretty good from my perspective

max-lord-maxwell-lord.gif

Ok this is a SUPER rough draft version of the idea. Haven’t exactly sat down and thought about all the pros, cons, balances, numbers, all that jazz for it. But this is the idea me and another member discussed over Discord:

Bring back the major faction post requirements. But a bit different. You put a hard number as a value on every hex. Standard, all across the board. Don’t make it ridiculous but also don’t make the value so low it’s meaningless(maybe like 30 posts per hex or some shiz). And with that, every faction that decides to go major has to reach that number of posts in order to hold onto their cloud.

If the MF can’t achieve that number, they lose a hex until their value drops to a level they can reach per month. And if a major faction can’t even cover the number for only their starting 3 hexes, then naturally they go minor.

I’m sure something like this will potentially free up cloud space for small boiz wanting to go big, and scale back the bigass factions so they don’t just cover pretty much the entirety of the map... also makes them work for those hexes.

I like it, I definitely like the outside the box thinking, Shai Maji Shai Maji . It’s personally my goal to move us further from numbers and not have that hard post count hanging over peoples heads… and there’s also plenty of room for map expansion as is.

We also currently have Recalls to use at our disposal, though your proposed method is a bit more functional and may be worth trying out. It’s definitely a “punish the big” without hurting the small, something our rules struggle with constantly.

Thanks for the feedback, and the solid proposal.

This might be a really tall order, but with how many submissions have been added to the Factory over since the Factory has existed, it has become a rather chore to dig through the countless pages to find submissions people have made free for others to use.
It would be really awesome if there maybe could be made some kind of catalogue, list or otherwise, a category, made for all of the free-to-use factory submissions.
A subpage under the Factory page where a list (or tabs for fanciness) of all the available factories submissions is placed under the correct categories.

Example:
[Main catalogue title]
Vehicles.
Cars:
  • Name
  • Name
  • Name

Tanks:
  • Name
  • Name
  • Name

Ships.
Fighters:
  • Name
  • Name
  • Name

and etc. etc.

Again, might be a really tall order, given how insanely large the factory is with just the technology pages alone having 820 pages to dig through.

What Tef said about the Marketplace, but also the eternally undervalued Tags system. If a starship is properly tagged you should be able to get a list of Open-Market frigates by combining ('Open Market' and 'Frigate'). Is that liable to work? Eh, sorta.

A decent amount of people use 'Open Market', but more "obvious" tags are a bit more variable. Even for me. It's mainly for searches, after all.

Oh, the search system. I miss when I could just type in the title of a sub or a thread and it would be the first result, rather than the most recent threads that happened to have a few of the same words in its posts. And the whole “the following words have been removed from your search because they were too common: the, of” feature is pretty wonky, too. I know it’s been mentioned recently that the search engine is a “work in progress” but I feel like it’s gotten worse lately.

Unless, of course, I am big dumb and not using it properly. Which is just as likely.

What Tef said about the Marketplace, but also the eternally undervalued Tags system. If a starship is properly tagged you should be able to get a list of Open-Market frigates by combining ('Open Market' and 'Frigate'). Is that liable to work? Eh, sorta.

A decent amount of people use 'Open Market', but more "obvious" tags are a bit more variable. Even for me. It's mainly for searches, after all.

Tags really be undervalued af

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom