Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question What is the biggest change you’d like in 2022?

Last year, we rolled out some pretty hefty changes to the PVP environment, including the introduction of the planet killing Annihilation events. What direction, new features, or updates would you be excited to see on Chaos moving into 2022?

More cultural major factions. For example: The Corellian Confederation, The Hapes Cluster and The Cronese Mandate/Tion, and even the Bryn. etc. I would love to see more of these stories take a bigger place in the Galaxy.. something that can make it easier for them to get a foot hold.

Also, concur on more annihilation threads. There is a lot of story opportunity that can come from those.

More cultural major factions. For example: The Corellian Confederation, The Hapes Cluster and The Cronese Mandate/Tion, and even the Bryn. etc. I would love to see more of these stories take a bigger place in the Galaxy.. something that can make it easier for them to get a foot hold.

Also, concur on more annihilation threads. There is a lot of story opportunity that can come from those.
thanks-thank-you.gif

Timeline Events/Community (Site-wide) threads.

This isn't something that hasn't been implemented already but more something I'd love to see succeed on a larger scale.

The OMNI Event was looking to be a real kick and I enjoyed what I took part in, but for various reasons, I understand these events are difficult to put forward and pan out as desired. For Site Staff I understand it takes a lot of time and effort, and we've put it across to members to come up with site-wide events before, to bring to site staff in the past. Perhaps we could look at doing that again?

The reason why I love these scenarios/events is that it brings Major Factions and Minor Factions together, regardless of IC differences, to collaborate in one overarching story. Its opportunities like these that I feel makes Chaos feel like a Community at its strongest, seeing everyone enjoying themselves without the risks that the map game has (Invasions/Annihilations). Purely narrative and open to everyone. affecting site-wide results.

It's not a small wish I know, but it's what comes to mind on my wish-list for 22.

Timeline Events/Community (Site-wide) threads.

This isn't something that hasn't been implemented already but more something I'd love to see succeed on a larger scale.

The OMNI Event was looking to be a real kick and I enjoyed what I took part in, but for various reasons, I understand these events are difficult to put forward and pan out as desired. For Site Staff I understand it takes a lot of time and effort, and we've put it across to members to come up with site-wide events before, to bring to site staff in the past. Perhaps we could look at doing that again?

The reason why I love these scenarios/events is that it brings Major Factions and Minor Factions together, regardless of IC differences, to collaborate in one overarching story. Its opportunities like these that I feel makes Chaos feel like a Community at its strongest, seeing everyone enjoying themselves without the risks that the map game has (Invasions/Annihilations). Purely narrative and open to everyone. affecting site-wide results.

It's not a small wish I know, but it's what comes to mind on my wish-list for 22.

Convince the clique bosses to work together and decide on a sandbox to play in, and I'll support it.

The members of Chaos have the most power. Smaller cooperative events, like Junctions, are more easily managed. The bigger the event, the bigger the problems, the more people you have to please to keep activity up.

I personally hate big events. Ya'll keep asking for them, they keep failing to hit that HUGE EPIC 300 STANDOFF MOVIE quality you'd want them to have. Keep pushing the organic stuff, the "overarching thematics", I say. And stop expecting an Avengers movie to happen lol. Everyone says they're hype, and then only like 30% of those people show up and participate.

map wipe asap

A part of me wants to.

But this is just bait, isn't it. Just like you guys screaming "GIVE US A BIG EVENT".

You scream you're hyped.

You scream MAP WIPE, hoping it'll inspire you.

But then when the Galactic Games starts and the knockoff Disney crab starts singing, NOBODY ELSE PUTS IN THE WORK and the few of us who didn't want to do it are stuck rebuilding while the rest of you are like "boring LOL".

I was thinking on the Map wipe thing awhile ago and since rebellions are going away (I was always confused about their purpose admittedly) why not give minor faction the power like an invasion or political influence ability once a month to attempt to clear a hex on the board? It gives minor factions the board game they have been wanting and gives a more organic way to attempt to clear the board.

It can even be more then once a month that's just the base I started at. To me that's what rebellions should have been a way for minor factions to turn a hex or hexes neutral again free from the tyranny of major factions.

As for the events, political, and cultural factions I say if the player base wants it they should make it happen it shouldn't be something forced or mandated.

I mean example the Maw along with other factions started the new hyperspace war event that is still on going on and growing in scope it formed out of several things going on.

As for anything I would like to see I think my biggest thing already happened which was allowing factions a little more control over invasion outcomes and over all I just hope it continues to work out well.

I think I’d like to see a shake up in the factory/codex in terms of how its administrated.

Over the past year I’ve felt some frustration with certain things in terms of administration of the factory and codex. One particular event that comes to mind is a submission of mine being pulled from approval for utilizing a ratings system that was present in submissions being approved by Factory Judges at that same week. Another was when a submission of mine that had just been approved was reported a day before an invasion before it had ever been used in roleplay — fast forward two weeks, that submission is still sitting stagnant in judgement despite edits being made promptly to it to try and conform to site staff requests.

By no means am I trying to incite a witch hunt or throw accusations at any member of site staff. I just think that, at the very least, the factory and codex could benefit from more transparency because otherwise it’s hard to not feel that there are biases at play when it comes to judging submissions. Factory/Codex staff are hard working humans who volunteer their own time to moderate our crazy submissions to which I am eternally grateful — I just would like to maybe see a more transparent and fair system in play.

As I think more about it I’ll probably come up with some actual suggestions, but for now if just at least like to bring awareness to my perceived issue.

This might be a really tall order, but with how many submissions have been added to the Factory over since the Factory has existed, it has become a rather chore to dig through the countless pages to find submissions people have made free for others to use.
It would be really awesome if there maybe could be made some kind of catalogue, list or otherwise, a category, made for all of the free-to-use factory submissions.
A subpage under the Factory page where a list (or tabs for fanciness) of all the available factories submissions is placed under the correct categories.

Example:
[Main catalogue title]
Vehicles.
Cars:
  • Name
  • Name
  • Name

Tanks:
  • Name
  • Name
  • Name

Ships.
Fighters:
  • Name
  • Name
  • Name

and etc. etc.

Again, might be a really tall order, given how insanely large the factory is with just the technology pages alone having 820 pages to dig through.

The marketplace kinda fuels that, just go buy people's stuff with fake money.

There have been attempts to organize some stuff like that over the years, as well. I know a certain doctor who put together a free-to-use factory substance list.

Auteme Auteme is actually the true Sith'ari and plans on taking advantage of the map wipe in order to rule the galaxy as Dark Empress of the Known Universe.

(idk what I want to change, things seem to be going pretty good from my perspective over here in the bushes, so uh thanks y'all for making Chaos a fun and cool place to write in)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom