Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is canon

Tide Bringer (Protector of Mon Cala)
Hey I was wondering what does this website consider to be canon? Do we consider the sequel events to have happen or no? I noticed that planets like Jakku are not on the map. Do people reference events like Rogue One or etc?

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Tyluko-Kai Kaimana Tyluko-Kai Kaimana - Our current timeline is set in the year 847 ABY. Twelve years after the galaxy began recovering from a 400 year darkness* thanks to the effort of Major Factions. (*A plot device that basically erased all previous SW history from our knowledge.)

As such, all 'canon' is treated as ancient history. Subject to interpretation and filled with a thousand years contradictions and plot holes. As such, many of us choose to ignore 'canon' or take it with a grain of salt. Luke Skywalker is basically a cave man to us - and, given all the crazy things that have happened in the Chaos Galaxy since we opened our doors? (AKA, Omni, the Gulag Plague, the Netherworld, The Faction Wars, modern tech, etc.) He might as well be.

So play with it as you will. :D :p

I noticed that planets like Jakku are not on the map.

Screenshot_20220411-215526_Chrome.jpg

The map has a search function, too, if you're ever trying to find a specific planet. Just know that not every single one is on it, as that would be massively cluttered.

Aaron Cress Aaron Cress Tyluko-Kai Kaimana Tyluko-Kai Kaimana
To clarify on that bit, if you peruse the Timeline and click on the first entry, you'll find that a number of planets destroyed during canon and legends material were recreated through the use of Yuuzhan Vong terraforming in the golden age of history right before a 400 year dark age that saw much information immediately after this lost to time through a plague that wiped out a large majority of the galaxy.

Planets like Alderaan were still destroyed, per their status in both canon and legends, but were more or less rebuilt so as to give writers the ability to utilize their favorite canon/legends spots as hubs for RP.

That being said Jsc Jsc is pretty much dead on with his interpretation of how canon works here - if you're a movie-canon-only purist then you can consider the happenings of books/comics/etc to be hearsay/rumors/legends/etc that were possibly made up to explain what fragments of the past survived into today, or you can take them as gospel if you prefer an all-encompassing legends+canon mix, or anything in-between.

The galaxy is your oyster.

Things are very much open to your creativity. You'll find the board goes through all kinds of phases and factions for example. Things come and go almost exclusively down to the players writing it. I use legends a lot myself mostly because it has more material to draw on when writing, but some non legend Wookieepedia entries are starting to be more fleshed out as time goes on.

The staff and the writers have created one of the most beautiful environments I've ever written in, and I've been in a lot of places. It's been a pleasure to see the evolution over time too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom