Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you think of Miri?

Would you object to having Miri in a thread if I ever wind up writing with you?

• I don't care even if you bring her with us into battle.

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Ew, I hate children, keep her away from me.

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Sure, as long as the circumstances allow it.

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • I demand that you write Miri into every thread.

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • Who are you? What are you doing in my house?...

Votes: 6 26.1%

• Total voters
Nobody has complained to me yet about my tendency to involve Nimdok's eight year old daughter Miri in every thread I possibly can (and I've only heard it mentioned once, not because she's a child but because she's a recurring NPC with the potential to "steal the show" from the main PCs in any given thread. Well, that wasn't the exact quote - Auteme Auteme once praised me for using my NPCs as mere "set dressing" at a time when I didn't even know that using NPCs too much could ever be considered an issue), but now's your chance to give your opinion. What do you think of Miri, or my use of NPCs in general? Do I do it too much? Is it painfully obvious that I'm used to having control over all characters in a story, and simply can't give up the novel format? Does this dress make me look fat?

If your reaction to this thread/poll is "Who is Miri?" then I will take that as a sign that I'm doing just fine. If your reaction is "Why are you even asking this question, just do whatever you want and don't let other people's opinions affect your decisions" then you are probably having more fun than me and I congratulate you, you're an inspiration to us all. Unfortunately, I like to know other people's opinions and want to improve my writing, so eh.

Last edited:
Having done something similar with Daiya's NPC partner Tawrrowaldr, my opinion probably leans closer to "Sure, as long as circumstances allow for it," but it does add an extra layer of challenge and flavor to integrate these world-building NPCs into our stories as writers. Not everyone is a lone wolf, and it does seem odd sometimes that characters roam about individually so often (where are those married couples showing up for ballroom dancing Force Training threads, please?), so it's fun to see this "set dressing" from my point of view. That's why my vote is for "I demand that you write Miri into every thread" instead. :)

I brought a Child into battle once.....not my own of course just and orphan I borrowed and blew up.

On my own children I sold my oldest daughter into slavery once, I told my youngest daughter I killed her real parents, and I arranged a marriage for my son so I could torture my former apprentice by makign her my daughter in-law.

So bring your daughter to battle!!!!!! I promise I will be nice like sugar and spice...never mind the slave collar.

As long as she doesn't ask anybody "Are you an angel?" she's fine.

RZq8xoe.png

Subject 73 Red

We're more ghosts than people.
Nobody has complained to me yet about my tendency to involve Nimdok's eight year old daughter Miri in every thread I possibly can (and I've only heard it mentioned once, not because she's a child but because she's a recurring NPC with the potential to "steal the show" from the main PCs in any given thread. Well, that wasn't the exact quote - Auteme Auteme once praised me for using my NPCs as mere "set dressing" at a time when I didn't even know that using NPCs too much could ever be considered an issue), but now's your chance to give your opinion. What do you think of Miri, or my use of NPCs in general? Do I do it too much? Is it painfully obvious that I'm used to having control over all characters in a story, and simply can't give up the novel format? Does this dress make me look fat?

If your reaction to this thread/poll is "Who is Miri?" then I will take that as a sign that I'm doing just fine. If your reaction is "Why are you even asking this question, just do whatever you want and don't let other people's opinions affect your decisions" then you are probably having more fun than me and I congratulate you, you're an inspiration to us all. Unfortunately, I like to know other people's opinions and want to improve my writing, so eh.

You know my thoughts on this matter

Protecc the child

One of these days I'll teach her how to pickpocket. Then Nimdok won't be able to sleep at night

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom