Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weeding out the Kiros-tition (Clans of Mandalore Dominion of Kiros)

Weeding Out the Kiros-Tition
Clans of Mandalore Dominion of Kiros

Objectives:
1. Investigate Botanical Anomalies.
2. Lend Aide to Togruta population & negotiate.
3. A lovely non-violent Nature Walk. Bring your Guns.
EDfUZH1.gif

Objective 1: Investigate Botanical Anomalies
Allies: [member="Ruus"] [member="Valdus Bral"] [member="Taozi Fuyuan"]

“Can you believe it!?”

“Uhhhhuuuuhh?”

“Can you believe it!?”

“Uuuh-huuuuh.” Aditya flipped a page, then turned the datapad upside down.

“I can’t believe it!!” Yasha clung to her botanical scanner, twirling around in a circle.

“Totally, uhhuh. 100 percent.” Back rightside up on her book. A pout to her grey-haired but youthful face.

“MAMA!” Yasha stamped her foot and glared at [member="Aditya Fitz Kierke"], who looked up from the tome of crib construction and rolled her eyes.

“Yes, Yasha. How amazingly wonderfully, endearingly awesome that a planet nearby asked for botanical assistance. It’s a gawds-awful good change from the war and pestilence to let you play with flowers…. sure… seriously? The round nut goes on the… but that’s a spigot and… when did cribs get complicated? When you were a baby things weren’t..”

“Mama, when I was a baby, you wrapped me in my birikad because we were in the Netherworld. You didn’t need a cradle. My future siblings demand furnishings that aren’t made of bone.”

“But bone is sturdy if you boil it right.”

“… how did I survive my childhood with you?” Yasha sighed and went back to quadruple checking her botanical and biological sampling kit, before turning to meet with the assembled Vode outside the shuttle.

“By being indecently angry at me at all times… better not be moss on Kiros… gods help us.” Aditya grunted, walking down the gangplank to meet with everyone.

“Alright all, let’s find this infestation and ecologically stabilize the planet… by torching the infestation with flamethrowers, when we find it.” Yasha slammed her fist on an open palm. “… what? Biologists do it all the time… I guess we could electrocute the roots…”

It was… oh no. It was time. Mand’alor the Infernal had discovered a way to once more combine her two favourite loves: Botany, and Mandalorians.

Objective: 1
Tags: [member="Yasha Cadera"] [member="Valdus Bral"] [member="Ruus"]

When Niamh told Yasha she wanted to see what Mandalorians did, botany was definitely not an answer she expected. Though, when she was told her pyromancy would be useful, she couldn't just say no, could she? Truthfully, she felt a tad out of place standing next to the armored... "vode" beside her. Did she get the word right? Or was it vod? A thoughtful frown washed over Niamh's face as Yasha turned to address those gathered.

What was wrong with moss?

​Objective #1 : Investigate Botanical Anomalies

Tag: [member='Valdus Bral'] [member='Yasha Cadera'] [member='Taozi Fuyuan']

Ruus stood outside of the shuttle with three Mandalorian Guard Officers, two of which did not have the standard shield but wielded BT X-42 Heavy Flame Projectors. As the Mand'Alor exited from the ramp the Guard straightened and stood stiffly as Ruus bowed his head momentarily "As you wish, Mand'Alor. The botanical threat will be ashes."

Ruus pulled from a belt pouch a small holoprojector, opening his hand it revealed the nearby location as a three dimensional map "The greatest visual confirmation of abnormal plant-life was reported in this area." he pointed at the projection the looked to the Mand'Alor "I believe this should be the first search location. Of course I suspect that will not be the only area affected."

Objective 2: Togruta Fever
Allies:

“Oy, Felicity! Felicity Killingsbottom, I’s lookin’ fer a Felicity Killingsbottom!” Dono said from the other side of the plastic doors in the Togruta-owned town of New Budsley. The cybornetically enhanced quadruple amputee somehow survived the hellacious assault of [member="Aedan Miles"] at Er’kit… or was it Hela… whichever what won was it when the pirates spaced their cargo of slaves. Yeah. That one. No! It was… wait… what was the important part here?

“Yeah, I’m Felicity. Who’re you, funny face?” The Togruta stood up from her place drinking… a steaming hot but slightly fragrant beverage.

“Well I’s the one what hired you t’start the garden innit?” Dono slurred, trying for a moment to remember his poor Captain. “The one what’ll keep the Mandos away from me goods and me services.”

Felicity scowled. “Whatever service you’re selling? No sensible person will purchase it.”

Dono blinked, before letting out a burping chitter.

“So, those Mandos you were keeping out by planting weeds? They’re on-planet. And they want to talk. You in, funny face?” Felicity checked her nails, before grabbing a pair of herb scissors. It was time to… negotiate. Said plants and weeds Felicity planted were a type of Vendaxan creeper vine, which at the very moment were sopping up the wonderful Kirosian artisanal water... and growing... en masse... at a dangerously vibrant rate.

Allies: [member="Ruus"] [member="Valdus Bral"] [member="Niamh Jones"] [member="Darlyn Excron"]

“Kids, am I right? They grow up and suddenly a nice quiet military insurgence isn’t good enough. She needs to inspect the plant life for gremlins or pixies or those little annoying bird things I want to kick in their faces… not that I would… like this.” Aditya grunted and stood beside Niamh, rubbing her pregnant belly. “You must have your hands full reconnecting with Darlyn, eh? I hear you. Kind of hard to suddenly be a mom to an adult… at least when they act like adults… oh gosh please for the love of all that’s holy, let there be no moss on this one.”

Yasha bounced… she bounced on the balls of both feet as she looked over the scattered Vode.

“Thank you, [member="Ruus"]. It’s a fantastic place to start. We must make sure we inspect each specific type of sample, and then take the samples with the root balls before we attempt to eradicate them. I want to know what they are and how poisonous they may be… So, glove up… ah… if you’re not wearing… Mama, you and Auntie Niamh just… put on these gloves… The rest of us will be fine.” The eight foot armoured Mand’alor trotted off in the direction of the floral incursion, chattering quietly with Tuulu and Ambrose, two of her guards who accompanied with flamethrowers of their own.

“…. and they might have suckers so we’ll watch for any detritus which clings to our beskar’gam, and we’ll need to sanitize in order to not bring any pollen, in case they’re super invasive, and maybe there might be culinary applications? Oh gosh could you imagine it? Dried Kirosian Weed Salt. We could market it and put the money toward our amputee orphans fund.”

There were only two questions: Who gave Yasha too much Stimcaf, and Where did [member="Ginnie Dib"] get to?

Tag: [member='Valdus Bral'] [member='Yasha Cadera'] [member='Taozi Fuyuan'] [member='Niamh Jones']

The holoprojection receded quickly into the disc like device which Ruus stuffed back into the belt pouch. As the Mand'Alor passed by him he gave another respectful but brief bow of his head "We will be thorough." he looked to the three other officers and motioned them to follow. And so they did, two by two.

Ruus was a new face so those that were new to him he did take notice of. Especially the woman who seemed not quite at ease with the contingent of Mandalorians. Suspicious? Perhaps.

Tags: [member="Yasha Cadera"] [member="Ruus"] [member="Valdus Bral"] [member="Darlyn Excron"]

Niamh turned her head curiously when Aditya began speaking to her, and a quiet hum came from her. "Yes... 20 years is... A long time to be apart. He's brought me to his planet, and it's quite lovely. Trying to reconnect has been... Awkward, to put it lightly." Niamh sighed, before putting on the gloves. Truly, she had no idea what she had gotten herself into coming here.

"If I may ask, why does no one seem to like moss?"

• Objective 3: Don't let Mum get eaten by plants
  • Also Objective 3: Don't let other family get eaten by plants
  • Still Objective 3: Just, don't let plants eat anyone
  • Tags: [member="Yasha Cadera"], [member="Ginnie Dib"], [member="Niamh Jones"], [member="Valdus Bral"]

Hyperspace was boring. Dull. Exhausting. So, Darlyn was spicing the trip on his unmarked shuttle while James back on Commenor pretended to be him for the afternoon, giving him time to attend to a request his Mother had put through. It seemed that she wanted to help some folks out with plant problems, which meant fire (naturally), and seeing as if his Mum ended up in danger she probably would be in well over her head he had opted to head out and meet her. But this shuttle was so so slow, he of course had to take with him a lovely brass instrument along with him, to pass the time. He hadn't even finished practicing an almost annoyingly catchy song by the time his shuttle had arrived, so instead of stopping he just... chose to keep going as he walked off to meet with them. Of course he was wearing his 'gam as he walked off, brilliant scarlet cape billowing behind him as his feet touched the ground.

Somehow he felt as though he'd just disproved someone's attempt at a compliment towards him, but regardless he quickly finished up, tossed the instrument back to an aide (who scrambled to catch it) and sauntered over towards the group. He wrapped his arms around Niamh, and happily picked his mother up despite the size difference in a tight hug, before setting her back down. "Hey Mum, doin' alright? Bit surprised you're here, didn't think you'd be down to torching plants on account of everything." He didn't know what was going on but hey, he could follow behind and just give other family a wave as he went.

Valdus Bral

️ Clan Bral Alor ️| Warlord of Nellogant
Tags: [member="Yasha Cadera"] [member="Ruus"] [member="Darlyn Excron"] [member="Niamh Jones"]

bralbar.png
Valdus followed the Mand'alor and [member="Ruus"] as they walked through the forest. This entire mission reminded him of a certain outing on a plane that he would rather forget about. He gave a light growl of annoyance and turned his helmeted head away from their backs, looking into the forest. He half hoped that something like a forest rancor would burst forth from the undergrowth. He had no idea if those exist or not, but that did nothing to dampen his hope. When [member="Yasha Cadera"] mentioned that they would need to analyze every specimen Valdus' helmeted head slightly dipped, "It's going to be a long day." He muttered. It seemed that every time he accompanied the Mand'alor on these expeditions there were new faces in the mix, he had gotten over the curiosity of who was who and settled on the belief that the current Mand'alor's acquaintances and family were as numerous as the stars and just as futile to count.

Allies: [member="Ruus"] [member="Valdus Bral"] [member="Niamh Jones"] [member="Darlyn Excron"] [member="Yasha Cadera"]

Where was Ginnie? Why, Ginnie Dib was sitting in the only bar in New Budsley watching the unfortunate looking Dono talk to Felicity Killingsbottom. The pyrotechnic Mandalorian grabbed a second bottle of the second worst hootch and sat back down at her table, pouring a line of shots.

Maybe by the time this Felicity turned around she’d realize the Mandalorian delegation for the negotiation was sitting right there. With Ginnie. Drinking shots.

“So… Yash? We’ve got a problem. Some limb-challenged guy named funny face is talking to one of the negotiators. Said something about weeds meant to keep Mandos out. They haven’t noticed me yet, but… I’ll keep you posted.” Ginnie whispered, watching the curious duo.

This was the strangest negotiation she’d ever done. Also the only one. Nobody ever hired Ginnie to negotiate more than a punch in the nose and a fire in the hearth.

Allies: [member="Ruus"] [member="Valdus Bral"] [member="Niamh Jones"] [member="Darlyn Excron"]

“Uuuugh Mooooooossss.” Aditya shivered and stared at the ground, looking for some of the offensive botanical substance. Seeing none, the grey-haired mother rubbed her temples before looking at her… whatever she was. Aunt? Mando families were weird. “So there was this cave with a rare form of moss in it. Yasha tromped all her closest buddies in so she could go spelunking for the stuff and turns out? It was combustable moss. Yep! Soaked in plasma runoff from pod-racers so much the moss exploded on contact with heat.

Then the bombs went off. And I’m pretty sure the Mandalorians got partially rescued by some form of sentient coconut, but I could have gotten that part wrong. Thing you gotta know about my daughter, is this…

… the only thing she’s ever wanted to do for herself is garden and study plants. She’s nuts over them. Obsessed with flowers, and the day she’s done being Mand’alor? Well, you’ll always know where to find her. In the garden hands deep in soil. Don’t tell her this, but it’s kind of nice to see her excited about something…. I will eternally deny I said that. Till my second dying day. Wait… third dying day? Yes. Third. Third… gawds I need a new calendar to keep track. What year is it?” Aditya pressed both hands on her lower back and pushed to release some of the tension from her growing triplets. She waddled on, not capable of anything else much.

“Darlyn!!” Yasha swerved around and rushed to her Uncle Darlyn, a grin hidden under the buy’ce. She threw her arms around him, before stepping back. “Thanks for coming! Are you ready to do fire? Or lightning, the weeds might respond more to lightning than to incinerations, so we’ll have to see.”

Even through the armour, Yasha appeared to be vibrating. She finally got to exercise her most important of all important skills, and this time around there wasn’t a coconut to be found. As they got closer to the ping, a trio of Togruta from town moseyed up toward them.

“Mandos! Mandalorians, yes, thank you for coming. The infestation is over here! Hurry! Hurry, Lisa thinks the vine ate her strill!”

“Lead the way. We brought fire. And sample baggies.” Yasha looked between Valdus, Ruus, Darlyn and the ladies, then snapped her head back at the Togruta. Her eyes briefly caught the tilt of Valdus’ helm. The poor massive guy… hopefully this time he wouldn’t get throttled by exploding coconuts.

Or moss.

In the nearing distance, a roiling carpet of quivering green took shape. The creeper vines were more than a few botanically intriguing samples, but a matting from tree to tree, so thick they created near walls around muffled noises.

“… I’m going to need some bigger sample baggies.” Just then, the vines began… to move.

Tag: [member='Valdus Bral'] [member='Yasha Cadera'] [member='Taozi Fuyuan'] [member='Niamh Jones']

At the wall of vines, Ruus and the other Guards, moved forward in front of the Mand'Alor. The flame projector pilot lights clicked into being as a small blue flame in front of the muzzles. Never had Ruus felt threatened by plants "We should collect the samples quickly. I am not experienced in gardening but my gut tells me this isn't the average, harmless, vine."

Could the Mand'Alor handle herself? Yeah, you didn't become Mand'Alor if you couldn't. Most of the warrior Mandalorians no doubt could keep watch over themselves but that did not mean that Ruus would keep back.

Tags: [member="Valdus Bral"] [member="Yasha Cadera"] [member="Darlyn Excron"] [member="Ruus"]

Niamh nodded along to Aditya's explanation of the groups moss hatred, before turning in surprise when she heard some type of brass instrument She was even more surprised to see her son! That's not to say she wasn't excited, either, however! A joyful laugh came from her as she was hugged and picked up. Her son was certainly stronger than he looked! "Of course! I wanted to see why you love the Mandalorians so much, first hand! Though, why is it surprising? It's only plants."

Niamh tilted her head curiously, before a group of Togruta appeared and began speaking to the group. Well now. Vines eating an animal? Perhaps she should have told Auburn to come instead, the Queen's ability to control plants would be most helpful here. A hum came Niamh, before she held up a hand, a small burst of fire lighting itself in her palm.

"How much needs to be burned?"

Allies: [member="Ruus"] [member="Valdus Bral"] [member="Niamh Jones"] [member="Darlyn Excron"] [member="Yasha Cadera"] [member="Adenn Kyramud"]

Ginnie kicked her feet up on the next chair over and dropped the third shot of twelve down her throat. Felicity and Dono were still bickering, if that were possible, over Mandalorians with fire.

“You didn’t expect the Mandos to bring firepower?”

“Fire power yes, but fire!? How could they have fire!”

“They’re Mandos. Mandos burn things when they need to. How have you survived this long?”

“I landed on an abandoned space station and ate moss.”

“Moss, huh?”

“Moss… I don’t want to talk about it.” Dono chittered, before peeking around the Togruta and finally seeing Ginnie sitting there, her buy’ce on the table and a datapad propped up with Kiros and Mandalore’s flags blinking on it. “… oh dirt. You think she heard us?”

Felicity turned around and blinked. That sour-looking drunk was the Mandalorian negotiator? Why was she alone? What was happening?

“Aaahh… probably not? We’re good. Totally fine! It’s all fine here… go deal with your… fire vines or whatever.” Felicity groaned and walked to the table with Ginnie, sitting down with a plastic smile on her face. “Hello there! I’m Felicity, the totally diplomatically chosen and not at all because I locked the others in a closet negotiator, how and who are you?”

Pursing her lips, Ginnie took a fourth shot.

“Sit down and drink with me, you goon.”

“Oh yes, thank you my gosh, yes.” Felicity sat down and grabbed a shot, tapping the rim to Ginnie’s shot glass and taking the shot. “Ooh, whew! This is… are you sure this isn’t engine coolant?”

“… you know?” Ginnie stared at the bottle, with its’ faded label. “I’m not. Another shot?”

“… yes please.”

Creeper vines, from the sight of them. Yasha scanned the vine with her HUD and tech scanner, not needing the scientific confirmation to know what plant they were dealing with. “Yeeaaaahhhhhh this isn’t normal behaviour for toxicodendron vendraxica. Nobody touches them… cover me. I’m a botanist.”

“Aw for the… I’d complain about her nerd-isms, but she got it from me.” Aditya rolled her eyes and looked to Niamh, knowing the other woman would understand a mother’s proud complaint. “Looks like we’re burning a metric ton.”

Yasha moved toward the vines, cautious and with her gauntlet’s katar unsheathed and raised. The wrist blade meant she could still move her fingers, yet the once-child-soldier felt a familiar comfort in the old tool. Knowing Ruus had her back, she continued forward, watching as the vines twitched and roiled.

“Creeper vines usually grow at a rate of two centimetres per day in summer. They move and grow fast enough to see, but don’t attack… something else is…” A vine sped out from the wall, the first of many which tore off from the wall and attempted to bind the Mandalorians in their thorny coils. Yasha’s leg was swept up. She stomped her other foot down on the vine, severing the vine with a floral ‘shriek’.

“They don’t normally make noise, either! Burn them all! Burn them now!” Reaching down, Yasha grabbed the severed vine-head and stuffed it in a sample bag, before diving out of the way of the soon to conflagrate flames.

Tags: [member="Valdus Bral"] [member="Yasha Cadera"] [member="Darlyn Excron"] [member="Ruus"]

Niamh let out a small laugh at Aditya's comment. "Apples do so rarely fall far from the tree, no matter where in the galaxy one is from. Though, these vines are like nothing I've seen before, even in my youth." A frown stretched across Niamh's face as she held up her other hand, getting into a combat stance, and set her other hand ablaze. "Step aside, children!" Once those in front of her stepped aside, a cone of fire was blasted at the encroaching vines.

Objective: 3
Tags: [member="Aditya Fitz Kierke"] [member="Yasha Cadera"] [member="Ruus"] [member="Niamh Jones"] [member="Valdus Bral"] [member="Darlyn Excron"]

Someone had called for Mandalorian aid, again. It was nothing out of the ordinary, except for the objective, that was seemingly directed straight for Yasha and her botanical per suits. Adenn knew that she was no doubt hyper excited about the entire thing, and no doubt that Aditya had to deal with that. Sadly though, Adenn wasn't with them in that moment because he had to finish some things up for his clan and a surprise for Aditya, things that would come in due time.

Eventually though Adenn knew he had to head down to the planet, and so he did. Taking the quick way, Adenn flew down on his dragon, Cal yr. The flight was short and Adenn arrived just as the vines started moving. Adenn wasn't good with plants, so he thought they could be regular old moving vines of some kind, so he temporarily ignored them. Instead he focused fully on Aditya, as did Calyr. Getting off of Calyr in one smooth motion, Adenn was behind Aditya and engulfed her in a hug.
"Hello c'yare, how are you love?"

He took a step back after her answer as Calyr came forward, nudging Aditya under the arm, demanding attention. Grinning slightly, Adenn returned his attention to the group as they were attacked. Eyes widening slightly in surprise, Adenn positioned himself in front of Aditya while Calyr went up next to her. Turning his head to her, Adenn winked with a head tilt.
"You can hop on Calyr if you so wish, rest your feet a bit."

Then he turned his gaze back to the vines. Frowning in concentration, Adenn raised his arm with the flamethrower at the end. He let loose a stream of fire on the vines even as he shot some blaster bolts using his westar 35 pistol. Calyr even charged up a plasma shot and fired it at the vines before calming down. Smiling, Adenn stopped his fire after 10 seconds and observed the results

Tʜᴇ Eʏᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ Sᴛᴏʀᴍ
Objectives: 1 and 3
Allies: All Mandalorians
Post #: 1

ImYtKcU.jpg
Vines. Vines everywhere. Quintus was dressed to the nines in his armor, accompanying the rear end of Mand'alor's envoy. He cursed under his breath, using some choice Hellyni curse words. He had his beskad out, hacking at the encroaching branches and vinery that ensared his person as they walked through the forests of Kiros.

"Of all the places in the galaxy." He grumbled, keeping up with the rest of the group,"It had to be a wild world with vines."

He stared ahead through the visor of his helmet. He was amused by the giddiness that Yasha had about plants. It was still stunning to him that the young woman that was the Infernal was the little hell spawn that his faction fought against all those years ago. Despite the history and being at odds with how she became Mandalore, he was indebted to her for being so willing to bring her in to her own clan.

He did have to also admit that despite the entangling foliage, Kiros was indeed a beautiful world. He kept his eyes out for certain flowers and blooming plants he would want to transplant to his residence on Concordia.

"Will have to ask Mandalore the Botanist if any of these are poisonous or creeping." He chuckled to himself as he continued forth.

• Objective 3: Don't let Mum get eaten by plants
  • Also Objective 3: Don't let other family get eaten by plants
  • Still Objective 3: Just, don't let plants eat anyone
  • Tags: [member="Yasha Cadera"], [member="Ginnie Dib"], [member="Niamh Jones"], [member="Valdus Bral"]

Darlyn shrugged a small bit at his mother's question. "Figured running into danger was just my job, not yours. Guess I was wrong about that one." He gave a half chuckle, before watching Yasha and the vines. Well, when the vines were aggressive (aggressive vines, what was he even doing with his life now) he sighed a bit, unholstering his 'Death special' weapon. He moved up alongside his mother, watching the crimson flames kiss the decidedly evil plants "Hey, I thought violence wasn't your kind of thing."

He leveled the pistol in his hands, holding onto it with both hands best he could before squeezing the trigger. The pistol, an electromagnetic plasma cannon, would almost certainly be quite effective at causing plasma burns on the mass of vines. IT certainly proved quite capable of flying back and smacking Darlyn in the face, he'd forgotten the power of this thing's recoil.

Allies: [member="Ruus"] [member="Valdus Bral"] [member="Niamh Jones"] [member="Darlyn Excron"] [member="Adenn Kyramud"] [member="Kaine Australis"] [member="Quintus Cadera"]

“Adenn!! C’yare, you made it in time to see your step-daughter make a living fool of us all! I’m doing great, but still deciding whether all shoes must die.” It was a simple enough series of calculations if Aditya thought about it. Hugging her riduur back, Aditya smiled. Doubly so when Niamh went forth with much ferocity and pyrotechnics. “Hah! knew she had it in her. Go, go Niamh!”

Calyr got a vigorous scratch and lean from his master’s wife, she was as always glad to see the dragon, and enjoyed having something to lean on as the killer vines veered around.

“Heavens to hallelujah, yes! Yes I’d love to sit down. Oh my aching everything.” Consumed more with waddling on the dragon’s back than killer poisonous vines creeping toward her, Aditya wiggled onto Calyr’s saddle and petted the dragon’s neck. “Yep! You stick with me Cal. This’ll do it. Pew pew, Calyr. Pew pew.”

Yasha jumped over another series of vines, and rolled on the other side, her leg getting caught once again. Slashing through the foliage, she freed herself and near-disappeared behind the creeping, writhing mass.

“Aw wow! It appears the people who planted these grafted on the fast-moving intensity of an Aeschynomene Thyferris vine! Thus the suckers, see?!” Happy as can be, Yasha lifted her arm as seven vines stuck to her, before triggering the lighting in her suit and frying them all into jittering brown masses of plant matter. Near her, Yasha saw mounds of leaf-covered domes, some which writhed and others which remained still. “Hey Darlyn, look! The lightning worked, too! Ooo!”

Rolling away, Yasha brushed off the plant matter and nodded the wolf helm on her head. “There’s movement in the thicket. Looks like nutrient pods, the way some carnivorous plants use their naturally occurring acids to break down tissue over time. There’s people in there.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom