Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction We Are All Bound by Purpose [Open to Dawnguard, PM to join]

The time following the battle was a whirlwind. Part of Nida couldn’t believe that Thirdas was alive. Body not wholly intact—but cognitively he was sound, and his outlook was good. She’d worked with her fair share of amputation patients, but that didn’t mean that she knew what it felt like to be missing half of your limbs, to have phantom sensations and limited mobility.

The coronation, though a happy event, was secondary in her mind. After the war had ended, Nida kept herself occupied in helping care for Thirdas and arranging the medical aspects of his condition and cybernetics fitting on Kashyyyk. It was how she coped, and she felt both guilt and relief each time Thirdas smiled at her, no matter how tired he was. He was the one suffering, and here she was, needing assurance! But, she always smiled back. If anyone could get through this, it was Thirdas, but that didn’t mean that he wouldn’t need some support.

Now, she couldn’t help but stifle a giggle as the Heavenshield siblings teased eachother. Quiet as she may be, Nida suddenly found herself missing her own family, her loud brothers and sisterss who often teased each other and got into plenty of trouble. In the moment, she made the decision to seek out her baby sister after they returned to Kashyyyk.

“Be nice to your sister.”
She admonished gently with no small amount of amusement, placing a hand on Thirdas’ shoulder. It was an old habit, trying to play mediator, but partially in jest.

Thirdas Heavenshield Thirdas Heavenshield | Coci Heavenshield Coci Heavenshield | Eyna Eyna | Ylva Heavenshield

Bittersweet.

As Coci watched Thurion speaking with Kara, the lose on her profound as would be expected. Yet, she held herself with grace as she always did and Coci could not find the words that would ease her. They did not exist. As Thurion stepped away Coci embraced her, with warmth and comfort and she would know that they would be there for her in her time of mourning. Their history would dictate that that mourning period would last until Kara left the world to join Thyrian.

Bors approached her and told them both it was time. Coci accepted his arm and stepped upon the platform to await her husband. One burden had been lifted from him only to be replaced with another, but she knew Thurion Heavenshield enough to know he would not let anyone down in his new role as their King.

And he would have help. In the crowd she could see the family gathering, all of them would be here for him especially now. She spotted Thora, craning her head to get the best view, Théo was with his wife who he had not seen in a long time. He was where he was supposed to be.

Coci gave Thora a wink and a smile, who beamed a smile back at her.

When Thurion arrived by her side, she reached for his hand among all the folds of his robes, and she couldn’t help but chuckle softly. Above them, the clouds broke, and a warm stream of sun light hit the platform, it was soothing as the warmth touched her face, as if a familiar hand caressed her cheek with tenderness.

Oh, how she missed him.

Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield | Ylva Heavenshield | Nida Perl Nida Perl | Eyna Eyna

Ylva Heavenshield

Y
Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield | Nina Heavenshield Nina Heavenshield | Nida Perl Nida Perl
Théodred Heavenshield Théodred Heavenshield | Thirdas Heavenshield Thirdas Heavenshield | Coci Heavenshield Coci Heavenshield

TYq0B3X.png

Ylva felt the grasp of someone's hand upon her arm, pulling her around to face them, triggering her fight or flight instincts ;of which usually meant someone's nose was to be bloodied. Yet to her startled sense of surprise and overpowering relief at the sight of her beloved Théodred, she found herself being hoist up off of her feet and accidentally letting loose a laugh in delight, her arms quickly taking to embracing him beneath his own and she met his lips with a deep and passionate kiss as though everyone around them had suddenly vanished, not a care in the world but the love that she found in her husband Théodred Heavenshield Théodred Heavenshield .

"Gods, I've bloody missed you" she exclaimed after their lips parted, she still close enough for her breath to touch the warmth of his cheek, her forehead pressed against his, not wishing to be apart from him again. Only Ylva could curse, while at the same time confess her love for someone in such a way that it emphasized the depth of her affection for him.

"I heard of the fighting but none of Clan Havardr were near enough to be involved..." She explained, now taking the time and opportunity to inspect his face and neck for any signs of new injuries or scars from the recent war; "I wish I'd been there to fight beside you. It wasn't right that you should step into battle without me..." She frowned, her disappointment and guilt showing through the gaze she cast him.

"When this is all passed, you'll tell me about it" she asked rhetorically, and Théodred knew her well enough to know that arguing would get him nowhere. The details mattered to Ylva, she wanted to know what he had been through, no matter how ashamed she was to have not been there to watch his back.

Thurion watched as his wife climbed the pair of steps to stand atop the raised platform, with a little help from Uncle Bors. He smiled at her then, but when it came to his own ascent his smile turned to a frown. Self-doubt set in, as well as trepidation that he would not be up to the task. That he would fail his older brother and his father, who both so bravely gave their lives in the line of duty. The notion that those two great men were somehow fated to lay down their lives so that he, the youngest, would one day wear the crown gnawed at him most bitterly.

He would have happily given away the crown and all his accomplishments if it meant he could see them both again.

In his moment of hesitation Thurion looked up at his wife waiting for him on the platform. With a deep sigh he took the first step, and then another, and then a third. He'd reached the top of the platform, from where he watched the sea of people go on as far as the eye could see. It seemed all of Midvinter had come to witness the spectacle.

"Lord Thurion of House Heavenshield," Bors spoke loud and clear for all to hear. "Lady Coci of House Heavenshield. Come, stand before me."

Holding hands, husband and wife presented themselves to Grey-Boar. There was a look of pride in the old man's face. "People of Midvinter! Men, Elves, and Bear-folk! We gather here this day from very corner of the world to witness and celebrate the acension of our new sovereign leader!" A burst of cheers from the crowds followed, but were soon hushed.

"Thurion Heavenshield, you have been called upon by the peoples of Midvinter to assume the throne. If you wish to accept this great honour and responsibility, then kneel now, and then never kneel again."

There was a pause as Thurion did not move an inch, but rather froze in place. Within him raged an immense battle, crippling to the senses. He felt like a scared kid again, not knowing which was the correct course of action. He managed to shut out everything but himself, and it was by looking inwards for answers he found the reassurance he'd been longing for.

There he found his father Thrand, speaking words of comfort, and beside him his brother Thyrian. Both assured him that this was the right thing to do.

After a long pause he unexpectedly turned and faced his people.

"My friends... Throughout my life, I have taken one sacred oath after another, each of which meant to last until the end of my days. The first oath I swore was to the ways and teachings of the Jedi. The second oath," he turned to Coci with a gentle but loving smile, "I swore to my wife on the day of our wedding."

"The third oath, I swore to not one, but two great kings. First my father, and later... my brother. May the Gods bless their memory."
He gazed towards the skies and the bright sun beaming down on him. "This day marks my fourth such oath, and there is no doubt in my heart that it shall be my last."

"I wish to pledge to you, the Three Kindreds of Midvinter, that all that I am now belongs to you. I offer you my strength of arms, my strength of heart, and my undying loyalty. Out there, on the battlefield, I named you each of you my brothers and sisters! From this day, until my last day, you shall also be my children; my sons and daughters! And I shall care for you equally, like a father cares for his children!"

The people who now cheered his name would not see the tears in his eyes even as he spoke. Those were revealed only to the woman standing beside him, like she always had. He knew he had to offer up the rest of his life to this solemn duty, until he meets his end one way or another. But he did so gladly and willingly, if it would help ease Midvinter's suffering. No matter how little he cared for it.

Together Thurion and Coci took a knee before Bors, their heads bowed. A velvet cushion was brought forth, and upon it sat a newly-forged crown never before seen; the ancient crown of High Kings past was forever lost along with the city of Tháinbroek. A new king - a new age - demanded a new crown.

Bors held the crown aloft for all to witness. It wore no jewels or precious stones, and was of no remarkable design - save for two wings which decorated the sides of the wearer's face, made to resemble the wings of a noble gryphon. "It is my highest and greatest of honours, to name Thurion of House Heavenshield, First of His Name, Lord of Fridheim and Warden of the West, our new High King!" Gently the winged crown was placed upon his golden head, and at the same time a gorgeous tiara of a similarly modest design was placed upon Coci's.

As the heavy burden of an entire world was placed upon him, Thurion took a firm hold of his wife's hand. His own hand was trembling. The touch of Bors' hand upon his shoulder had him look up, and with a wink of his wrinkled eye the pair would know to rise together, never to kneel again.

Another soft sigh from Thurion as he then, alongside his wife, turned to present themselves to the people. Their people, now.

"Long live the Lion King," Bors proclaimed, prompting the ceremonial guard to draw and raise their swords in unison and salute their new sovereign as the cheering crowd applauded and chanted the words again and again. Tower bells were sounded throughout the city, and fresh petals of flowers rained down from every rooftop.

From one such rooftop came a loud shriek of triumph, as a family of familiar gryphons had perched there to closely observe the ceremony.

Thurion, however, would turn to Coci and press his lips to her hand. "Long live the Queen," he offered to her alone.

Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield // Coci Heavenshield Coci Heavenshield // Nida Perl Nida Perl // Ylva Heavenshield

A heaviness fell on Eyna’s shoulder for she knew now, at long last, that she was alone. Not alone in this moment, but alone in who she had chosen to keep close. She knew now that she was lonely and what it was that she had been missing for all this time. As she stood by the sidelines with the rest, at the very front, close to the aisle and within sight from where the King and Queen stood to receive their crowns. Eyna’s stare was unmoving at first, but the sound of celebration slowly pulled her out piece for piece from her contemplative state until she couldn’t help but smile and clap along with the others.

The small ember in her heart burned a bright light against the dark that she had grown so accustomed to. It blinded her, and yet she understood that there was nothing she needed to fear from it. Though she could not see her, Eyna still felt the mysterious woman’s presence. As she clapped the warmth grew, and as she focused on the warmth it disappeared. Almost as if to say that the girl had better things to do than dwell on it.

She abided, and she clapped.

And she laughed at the sight of the new king and queen as they stood before their people.

The emotion in the air was more than enough to cause a small shift in the Jedi's heart. Word had reached him about what had transpired on Midvinter and Kahne couldn't help but be somewhat upset that he missed the events that had occurred. The Heavenshields were well known and good friends to the Jedi, on his part. However Kahne had his own turmoil and task to deal with. So when he heard what had happened he arrived with all haste. There was a new king and queen to be crowned. Kahne offered his condolences to those that were lost, as he himself had a moment of silence aboard his ship for those that had given their lives.

And then he was brought to this moment. Kahne stood near the back with his hands behind his back as he listened attentively to the speech that Thurion had given. He spoke as well as anyone could in their moment. The Jedi couldn't help but smile as he looked upon the new King and Queen once the crowns were placed upon their heads.

"Long live the King, and queen." The Jedi said softly as he clapped along with the rest of them. He was proud of everything Coci had done in her life. While he was only her mentor for a little bit, it seemed like a lifetime.

That lifetime was enough for him to be happy.

Eyna Eyna Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield Coci Heavenshield Coci Heavenshield Ylva Heavenshield Nida Perl Nida Perl

“I love you Ylva”, he kissed her again, there was relief in it this time. He knew she would have been with him more than anything, but a part of him was glad she wasn’t, the gods know he had enough to worry his heart throughout the war. He couldn’t take his eyes off her, a hand caressing her long red hair while his arm wrapped around her waist.

“There is much to tell, I would not know where to begin”, the time would come for this later but for now the two could enjoy the moment of reunion and the celebrations. “Thora, she… is will be alright”, words more for himself he supposed. Their daughter had witnessed so much for one so young, something he did not want her to go through. He knew the trauma of it, but he would be mindful to keep an eye on her.

A day when they would fight alongside each other was a day he hoped would never come. All he could do was smile at her, pushing that thought away.

“Come let’s find a good place to watch my father stew in his juices”, it was good to release the pressure at his father’s expense.

Théo led Ylva by the hand, not wanting to let go for anything and made their way through the crowd to the front near Thora. The gathered crowd seemed to part letting them through without hesitation, some even bowed toward the pair which Théo found off putting. After all it was father’s day not his. Probably was because of the fact that The Howlin’ Wolf was the predominant drinking hole in the city, they knew he owned it.

When Thora saw them both she jumped down and ran to her mother, throwing her arms around her waist and burying into her stomach so tight.

Théo watched and listened to his father’s speech, the crowd around him cheered and the sense of joy was strong in the air, no need for the force to feel it. He smiled with pride, he had always believed his father the right man for the job all his life, but he would take it all back if Thyrian was given to them.

He felt a heavy hand smacking him on the shoulder, he did not know the man he turned to see. “My Prince, this is a joyous day”, he offered before walking off. “No, no I am not..”. Théo’s face turned white with the realisation.

Oh feck.

Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield | Ylva Heavenshield | Eyna Eyna | Kahne Porte Kahne Porte | Nida Perl Nida Perl

The only other day she was this nervous was her wedding day. Although the reasons for those nerves were different, there had been too much excitement mixed in with them and the day was a joyous one. There were no doubts in her mind that day, but this one was filled with plenty of them. Thurion would be a great king, and Coci could only hope to be as good as their Queen.

As the crowns lowered on their brows, in that moment she understood everything that Thrand and Thyrian had once said. How heavy the burden of wear it was? She supposed that no one could understand until they wear one. In the days when she was Master of the Order for the Silver Jedi was less of a burden on her heart, or maybe it was different too. It was the same responsibility, having countless lives of people depending on you to govern them with selflessness, maybe it is no different.

Her thoughts stopped racing when she felt Thurion help her to her feet and turn toward all the people now cheering for them both. “Love live the King”, she added her voice to theirs. A smile tugged at her lips as he turned to speak softly to her. “Let’s hope so”.

Coci turned back to the crowd and waved, not really sure of what to do next. But there was no turning back now.

She leaned toward her husband’s ear and whispered, “I think now is the time for you to give your first command as King. Do you think we could go eat now?”. The festivities would provide them both with a welcomed distraction. And the food from the celebration hall smelled amazing. Coci looked around the crowding hoping to see familiar faces there, her family and Eyna. Where was that girl, they had lost track of one another throughout the recent days.

Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield | Eyna Eyna | Ylva Heavenshield | Kahne Porte Kahne Porte | Nida Perl Nida Perl

Ylva Heavenshield

Y

"And I love you" Ylva answered her beloved Husband, feeling most relieved to once more be in his arms. There was no feeling that rivaled that of his strong and protective, yet compassionate embrace. Ylva had never been a the damsel in distress type, yet even she found herself slightly weaker at the knees when held by Théodred Heavenshield Théodred Heavenshield ; "But yes, there will be plenty of time for us yet, let's not forget why we're here" she smiled, nodding to him in agreement before they were both to move with the crowd in joining those who would bare witness to the crowning of the new King, Théo's very blood.

Their arrival did not go unnoticed, the first of whom would spot the pair was their own Thora Heavenshield Thora Heavenshield whom seemed to make leaps and bounds to reach them and spring herself into her Mother, arms wrapping around her waist and causing Ylva to huff somewhat as the wind was almost knocked out of her; Still she smiled a toothy grin and looked down to her daughter with great pride. "Hello my little Pup" Ylva said, the pet name for her daughter one of affection and fondness, "Your father speaks proudly of you these last weeks; as am I to see you again and how much you've grown in such a short time".

When the ceremony began, silence would fill the room, all with the exception of the few standing before the King who's crown would soon sit upon his crest and Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield soon dubbed the Lion King. It was a truly momentous occasion and one that was certain to be celebrated for many nights to come. Ylva grinned as she looked upon her Father-in-Law, feeling no small amount of privilege to be part of a family of such prestige and honor. When she had first met Théodred, he had struck her as somewhat rare in his virtue, and yet getting to know his parents proved how a man could still carry such integrity in an otherwise brutal Galaxy.

“No, no I am not..”.

Ylva could only smirk broadly as she looked back to her Husband, he whom just realized that this made him a 'Prince of Midvinter'. "Not what?" Ylva asked with a great deal of amusement in her tone, "A high-born?" she concluded, doing her best not to let loose a snicker at his expense. Their first days had been spent with she giving him chit for being of 'richer blood'.

The outpour of joy and general relief in the city was overwhelming to the senses. Ever since that terrible war people seemed more akin to ghosts; shells of their former selves. There was such exhaustion, physical as well as emotional, among each and every one that made it out alive, that it seemed impossible for life to go on as it had.

But now the people had cause to celebrate, and finally put the horrors behind them if only for this one day. To Bors, that was good enough. As the ceremony came to an end and a new king was crowned, he felt able to drop proper procedure and join in the merriment. A wide grin spread on his face as he stood watching the couple bask, or perhaps stew, in the attention provided by the masses.

Glancing over to the side, there stood lords and chieftains from across the realm lined up with their left arm held out and their sleeves pulled back, revealing their armrings as a token of fealty to their new liege. One of them appeared more or less unaffected by the ascension of their king, holding his head with such arrogance and disdain.

Bors wouldn't have it.

He leapt over the side of the platform and marched right up to the man. His brother, Lord Brindal Greythorne, looking as disgruntled as ever.

"Touching ceremony," he spoke without acknowledging his elder. "I'm surprised our new king would allow a disgraced exile to crown him. How long do you suppose this one will last, hm?"

"Your armring," Bors snarled and put himself in his younger brother's face. Theirs was a feud that had lasted for well over a century. "Present it. Or I'll gut you right here and now."

Brindal seemed unimpressed with the open threat, but inevitably did as told by raising his arm and revealing his armring. Looking so indignant doing so.

Bors was about to turn and leave, only to halt and reach into his own collar. He pulled out a neckchain, from which hung the bronze boar of Clan Greythorne. He proceeded to yank the chain from his neck and drop it before his brother's feet. "You are not my kin. Not anymore. I have a new clan now."

Brindal's face turned bright red with rage at this display, probably because he would no longer be able to harass his older brother. "You old fool! They'll cast your worthless arse aside eventually, you'll see! And you'll be begging for a seat at my table!" Despite the petty man's bluster, the elder remained resolute. Then, out of nowhere, he thrust his head forward, bashing the bridge of Brindal's nose.

The lord fell on his arse with a look of shock on his face as blood poured from his broken nose.

"Someone please help Lord Greythorne to his feet," Bors addressed a group of bystanders while adjusting his fur cloak. "He seems to have taken a nasty tumble in all the excitement."

With that, Grey-Boar forever turned his back on his blood-related kin and instead joined Théo, Ylva, and Thora. "My lord, my lady," he offered them a bow of his head followed by a wily smirk. "Just dawned on ya, did it?"

It was the mention of food that had his stomach in an uproar, growling with hunger. All morning he'd been worrying about his coronation so much he'd forgotten to eat. "Oh, I would not refuse a belly full of poultry right now," he grinned at his wife, only to suddenly sweep her off her feet to carry Coci down the steps of the platform to stand on firm ground once more, surrounded by their people. It felt like their wedding day all over again.

Only, there was someone most prominent missing. Thurion turned with Coci still in his arms to look up into the sculpted face of his father, ever maintaining his vigil with that same grim determination. At that moment he was glad, for he knew now his father was not alone. He had his little boy back.

"All is well," he spoke his father's dying words.

He bowed his head with utmost love and respect to his late father. While he knew the sun was his domain now, it always felt better to stand before his statue to remember him as he was. A man of flesh and blood. He may be worshipped as a god, however Thrand Dawnbringer would always first and foremost be his dad.

Finally setting Coci down on her own two feet, Thurion stepped over to where his family had gathered. Everyone was there. Nina stood proudly displaying their clan banner, letting the crowned lion flutter in every breeze. As her dear old papa approached, she offered him a graceful curtsy. Alongside her, sitting in his wheelchair, Thirdas sat up straight and did his best military salute using his off-hand. Even Arnor, who owed no allegiance to him, lowered his head.

Further adding to them were his departed brother's family headed by Kära, and beside her his nephew Thrand and the elven delegation. Each were dressed in their finest garments, leaving Thurion speechless at the overwhelming reception.

Last but not least however, were the future of his house. The next two generations of Midvinter's leaders. There they all were, together again. Well, almost all of them. Zak Dymo Zak Dymo had yet to come home.

He walked right up to them, past Bors who was already bowing to the fourth king in his lifetime, and immediately pulled Ylva in for a fatherly embrace. She could protest all she wanted. "It does my heart good to see you, Sweet Child," he told her and did not let go until he felt Thora tug at his sleeve, at which point her grandpapa scooped her up into his embrace, and chuckled as he placed the over-sized crown upon her head.

"Hey, Bors - what say we get this feast underway? I'm starving, here!"

Beornskald - Realm of the Gods

"All is well," the old man replied, a proud smile on his lips.

From his vantage point atop the sky he gazed down upon the world of Midvinter and all her inhabitants, from the smallest rodent to the largest mammal. Man, Elf, and Beorni. His was a constant vigil of the mortal realm he'd once called 'home', bound to the rising and setting of the sun; and his was the gift of warmth in the cold, light in the darkness.

Having witnessed the coronation of his youngest, Thrand could be certain once more that Midvinter would thrive in the wake of Gríma Hagraven's utter defeat, however terrible the cost of victory. In all his scryings and visions of possible futures, this very outcome had been the most preferrable. Thurion needed to fell the Crone by his own hand, without interference from himself, to ensure an undying legacy. One that would last through the ages.

One that would ensure that something of this sort would never happen again.

Another sidled up to him, arms crossed and wishing he could see what his father saw. "What is it you see, down there?" Thrand smiled at the scene playing out before his very eyes. "They are celebrating. Happy. Relieved. Hopeful."

"And Thurion?"

Thrand let out a soft chuckle. "Terrified. He doubts his own abilities. He'll soon realise he already has everything he'll ever need to make a mighty king." Thyrian joined in the chuckling, though only briefly. He couldn't help but worry for all of them.

"I wish I could have been there to witness it. The glory of this new age of his."

"This new age does not belong to him alone. Others will follow in his stead. There will be difficulties, such as it is with all things. In the end though, Midvinter will endure them all." He then turned to his firstborn son and wrapped his arm around his shoulder. "You will see Thurion again, one day. Have no fear of that, my boy."

Thyrian leaned into his old man, happy to be reunited with him after so long. Theirs had only been a brief reunion in life before Thrand was killed, but now they had eternity to spend together.

And yet, he could not help but think of another.

"Can you see her?"

The old man smiled. "She is in mourning. Allfather willing, she will stand beside you again as she did in life."

His boy looked up at him, content with the answers he'd been given. "I've missed you, Father." Thrand placed a kiss upon his head, then turned them towards the ongoing feast. "Come on, let's not keep them waiting any longer. They are all waiting to hear the tale of the Phoenix King!"

And thus it was, that the reign of Thyrian the Phoenix King came to a close, and the Age of the Lion dawned. The rule of House Hearthfire, while brief, had followed in the same spirit of his father Thrand, bringing further stability to Midvinter by brokering a lasting alliance between those three races now known as the Three Kindreds; Men, Elves, and Beorni.

Shortly after his coronation, my father got to work restoring peace and prosperity to the war-torn lands and peoples. The Crownlands, all but ruined and deserted in the wake of the Crone's terrible rampage, were granted to the Beorni to make theirs, as they had been in ages past. No longer the seat of the High King, these lands were instead called the
Heartlands.

Trade routes were established between all three races, leaving none wanting for food or goods no matter how remote their location. The Aelvar introduced medicinal herbs and other exotic goods unique to their woodland realm, and the Beorni added their long-honed skills of craftmanship in the form of trinkets and smithwork.

What little remained of the old capital of Tháinbroek was torn down, and Fridheim was declared the new Valkyri capital. It would not remain Fridheim for long however, as the city was soon too renamed in honour of its founding family. It became known as
Heavenheim, and still bears that name today.

The greatest gift my father brought to his people, was hope. So much had been lost at the hands of Gríma Hagraven, yet much more would later be gained under the caring reign of Thurion Heavenshield. He was the Lion King - Slayer of Gods. And yet his legacy as king had only just begun.

The Second Father of Midvinter had gone to join the First. Now remained only the Third.

- Last page from
Records of the Second Father, by author
Nina Heavenshield

It was magnificent and it was sorrowful at the same time. Kahne would call it criminal if no one took the time to appreciate the culture and beauty of this place. Was Kahne out of his element, definitely. He smiled as he looked around at all the smiling faces, the camaraderie. He wasn't too hungry at the current moment. He did help himself to a mug of ale as he opted to take a step outside. He stood, mug in his hand as he surveyed the land with a smile on his face. Kahne couldnt' help but feel really good right now. Kahne offered his condolences, no king lives forever. Well, not physically anyway, but they lived on in their hearts and in their spirits. Kahne didn't know the King before Thurion, but he was surely missed by those that were here right now.

He would return to the party, but for now. He was content with just standing here and drinking the mug of ale, as he overlooked the land. And in that instant his family shot through his mind. And his face lit up as if he was seeing them right in front of him.

Hope is kindled....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom