Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Populate Watch the Throne | DE Populate of Ylix & Aleen

1711825181075.png

Prelude Threads:
Dark Horizon
The Cinnagar Connection

The Imperial Despot is dead.

In the wake of the Second Battle of Tython, the once-remote world now lay under the iron grip of the Dark Empire, its ancient temples scarred by the fires of war. The sacrifice of the Imperial Despot, Ignacious Korvan Ignacious Korvan , had become the stuff of legend, his final act of defiance against the Galactic Alliance soon-to-be immortalized in the annals of history. Declared the "Restorer of the Empire" by the Emperor himself, Korvan's posthumous ascension to martyrdom sent shockwaves throughout galaxy, rallying imperial loyalists from every hidden corner of Imperial Space to his cause. As the Emperor's decree echoed across the stars, the Deep Core worlds of Empress Teta, and Prakith were beginning to fall under the Shadow of the Empire. Alliance and Imperial forces continued to engage another in a desperate bid to claim the heart of the galaxy, but a foothold had begun to take form. An anchor upon which the Empire would utilize to make their next move.

Yet amidst the triumph and tribulations now faced by the Empire, no greater topic of concern was so pressing as that of the matter of succession. The Right Hand had perished, the very keystone to what had been before the Imperial Remnant-now Empire Resurgent. Within the corridors of authority, members of the Tribunal vied for control in the vacuum left by Korvan's demise, each seeking to stake their claim to his networks and resources - pressing the matter of who would succeed him?

qXu9Rp6.png

12.png

Immerse yourself in the intrigue and power struggles of the Tribunal as a key advisor or leading Imperial official. Navigate the delicate negotiations and political maneuverings as you strive to secure your faction's position in the succession of the Imperial Despot. Will you forge alliances, uncover secrets, or betray your rivals to ensure your chosen candidate ascends to receive the Emperor's favor? The Tribunal convenes to determine the future of galactic governance, including it's next steps in the ongoing war with the GALACTIC ALLIANCE.

1711825235523.png

Participate in the solemn ceremonial arrangements and grand parade honoring the fallen Imperial Despot on Cademimu V. As a member of the Imperial court or a loyal subject of the DARK EMPIRE, pay your respects to the late "Restorer of the Empire" and witness the pageantry of the funeral procession through the streets of the Imperial ecumenopolis. Will you uphold the traditions of the Empire with dignity and reverence, or will hidden agendas and rivalries simmer beneath the surface as the galaxy mourns the passing of a titan? Honor and betrayal intertwine in this poignant moment of remembrance and celebration.​

Last edited:
Objective 1
The Tribunal, Cademimu V

OPEN

As expected, given the circumstances, Onrai had traveled to Cademimu V for the next meeting of the tribunal. The conflict at Tython and her encounter with Eina L'lerim-Vandiir Eina L'lerim-Vandiir had been fruitful and more enlightening than the abominable being would care to admit: a powerful tool was now at her behest, something that would provide her and those within her bloc of supporters with a weapon the Galactic Alliance did not yet possess. Understanding and dissecting the mysteries of the galaxy would be critical to the long-term success of the Empire, and while Onrai's tolerance for partisan behavior was minimal, something had arisen that had changed the dynamics of everything.

The death of Ignacious Korvan Ignacious Korvan .

Onrai had never been close to Korvan, or to the New Imperials from which he had arisen. Barring some sensor vessels in the system, the orbital battle had been unclear, but there were some irregularities that had come up - inquiries of whether the martyrdom of Korvan was necessarily of his choice, or whether extraneous factors had, perhaps, coaxed him into making the decision that had lionized him as the propaganda figure of the ages for the nascent Empire. The circumstances aside - and she would ask her servants to process the data later - Korvan's death had created an immediate power vacuum in the Empire which needed to be filled wisely and rapidly. Too many times had things crumbled due to a sudden change of leadership - Darth Vulcanus's destruction of the first Sith Empire post-Gulag came to mind, as did the collapse of the Sith Triumvirate.

"We all know the reason we have come here. One of great importance is dead, and another must succeed him. As is written in the Glyphex of Ser-Akh, 'Gnaw the bone that falls to thy lot whether it be good or bad.' I have those I would wish to see become the Despot, but it would be appreciated to hear the views of the others before enunciating them." There were a limited number of people that Onrai believed would be able to serve effectively in such a position - or serve for an extended period of time without fate or the wrath of Solipsis coming down upon them. A candidate would be easier to select when the others here were felt out and their opinions were made known.

Perhaps a unique circumstance would arise and she would find herself in unusual circumstances requiring a pressing of power.

In orbit of Carlac, ISB Black Site station

My desistence in the ongoing matters had been of peculiar note to my jailors, I had noticed several times. There I was, hands unbound, but composed. I wasn't trying to escape, nor was I making a scene of any kind. The lack of cuffs intrigued me. That seemed like something we just did now. I supposed that a blaster bolt to the back of the head was as good a restraint as any, all things considered. It spoke volumes about the ISB, about their new modus operandi of fast and loose. That's what Cinnegar had been, and I was damned because I should have known.

Sabine Korvan Sabine Korvan had been MIA since the battle began, and I was man enough to admit I wasn't strong enough to hold the leash on Jon Hojkstra Jon Hojkstra , so as our mission to subvert the Tetan government had collapsed I had been left holding the bag.

Now I was sitting here in an interrogation room waiting patiently for the consequences.

I was angry, sure, even if I wasn't showing it to the ISB agents on the other side of the false wall holoscreen I was facing. But anger was only part of it. Dejection for my own part played and failed was in the equation, and I'd been mulling that over in my head since I'd botched the defense at Onderon and inadvertently dragged myself into the Korvan regime's sights. Then there was a mixed bag of thoughts on Korvan himself. Even being held at a black site I had heard of his death. I'd really believed in him, and even if he had allowed the Sith to declare themselves rulers of the Empire, it was Korvan who had assured there was even an Empire left. Now on the other hand, I had stumbled onto the Korvan family shitlist, and his death meant that maybe I would avoid the chopping block, so it had left me with some conflicting outlooks on my current place in life.

I just knew what was being said about me outside this room, because I was saying it to myself. Kazian Blackwood, such a promising young man. He was just caught up in the chaos of the Empire. He couldn't play it fast and loose like the rest, or maybe he tried and he just wasn't enough of either. Like that was an issue on my part, and not a problem with the Bureau tripping over itself trying to be anything but a shadow of what it was in the days of the New Imperial Order.

The ISB had gouged itself deep with internal conflict through the warlord era, but one day it had ceased, when the Bureau had found a common denominator in Korvan. And yet, old wounds had never healed, and old intrigues had only turned down to a simmer. Deep inside, everyone in the ISB was still just trying to put themselves on top of each other like we weren't all at the feet of the Sith. If I were at the top, things would be happening so much differently...

GBC9wRZ.png

Watch the Throne.

Ignacious Korvan Ignacious Korvan lay dead. 'The Tribunal' was quick to convene after the Imperial Despot's death.

Restore of the Empire. What nonsense.

Apophion though of the other member factions of the Tribunal.

Power was its own purpose. The Imperials had divorced themselves from their Sith Masters but had done nothing to mend such a schism. The Sith Lords were the rightful rulers of the Empire. The Imperials were their servants. Anything else was pretense. The so-called Dark Side Elite, nothing more than dark side dilettantes. The Maw, unwashed Brigands. The Sith could simply sit back and watch as the power vacuum was by more Imperials.

As the heavy, ornate doors to the Tribunal chamber swung open with a resonant thud, all conversation within the room tapered into silence. Darth Apophion made his entrance, an imposing figure clad in the regal yet menacing garb befitting a Sith Lord of his stature. Flanking him on either side were two soldiers, members of the Guardia Oculto of the Sangre Tercio, their presence a stark contrast to the Imperial elites gathered. These soldiers, non-imperial and fiercely loyal to Apophion, bore black armor that was a blend of ancient design and modern warfare technology, adorned with symbols that spoke of their allegiance to the Sith Lord and their detachment from the conventional forces of the Empire. The Sith Lord took his place, his guards positioning themselves just behind him, a silent testament to his distrust of the imperial soldiers.

The Sith Lord was acutely aware of the delicate balance of power within the room. Each member of the Tribunal represented a faction with its agenda, ambitions, and resources. The vacancy left by Despot Korvan presented both a challenge and an opportunity. Apophion was keenly aware that filling this void was not just about replacing a figurehead but about asserting control over the future direction of the Empire. He weighed his options, considering whether to push for a candidate loyal to the Sith or to take a more subtle approach, manipulating the successor from the shadows.

In a den of vipers such as this, trust was a tool, not a given. Apophion was under no illusion about the nature of the alliances formed within these walls. He was prepared for betrayal and saw it not as a possibility but as an eventuality. This anticipation did not breed paranoia but caution, and a resolve to remain always one step ahead.

VVVDHjr.png

GBC9wRZ.png

Ignacious Korvan was dead, his passing shrouded in mystery and intrigue.

The exact circumstances of his demise remained a puzzle, one that Derix Tirall was content to leave unsolved. He had encountered Korvan once, on Onderon, where their interaction had been brief and unremarkable.

Tirall had been merely an observer in an operation orchestrated by the late Grand Moff, but the efficiency and precision with which it had been executed had left a lasting impression.

Now, with Korvan's death casting a shadow over the Empire, the Tribunal had been summoned once more, this time to discuss his replacement. Although Tirall had been absent from the last gathering of imperial warlords, he was present now, clad in a simple black uniform as a mark of respect. He sat among the assembled members, listening attentively as Onrai Onrai spoke, nodding in agreement with her words.

"Yes," he interjected, his voice measured. "Those who aspire to succeed Ignacious should step forward and declare their intentions. We are all politicans today."

"Campaign."

Onrai Onrai | THE TRIBUNAL

After a lifetime dedicated to ancient imperial idealism, the old codder Ignacious Korvan has finally met his end over Tython.

The demise of the Imperial Despot would deal a significant blow to the political dominance of the Dark Empire. Despite being hailed as a martyr by Emperor Solipsis, this event would no doubt cause concern amongst the former members of the New Imperial Order regarding their continued collaboration with the remnants of the Brotherhood of the Maw. Such a situation would divide the empire along geo-political lines before they could even establish a strong foundation and pose any challenge to the Galactic Alliance.

The self-interested hawks were already beginning to gather, with the Church of the Dark Side under Derix Tirall Derix Tirall , the New Sith Order currently represented by Darth Apophion Darth Apophion and even the self proclaimed god Onrai Onrai who apparently had unlimited resources. The Gossam noticed the lack of the other Trade Federation representative so she would have to represent their interest fully without any support.

"I doubt anyone would be afraid of a 4'0" alien. So I recommend that we appoint someone with both political and military skill sets. Someone who can engage in diplomacy with willing imperial governments nearby and strong enough to defeat them if they turn hostile." The Gossam said with long vowels.

Last edited:

Sith-Empire.

What a contentious term, what power it had to drive millions to their deaths. What weight it still held in the Empire that had birthed to life for the sole purpose of separating Sith and Imperial, the very same Empire that had welcomed the Sith back not only to its iron halls but to its hallowed throne.

A paradox.

The Tribunal hall was on the edge between an iron grip and a feast of vultures. Korvan against them all, even in death. Though Vinaze had never met the man, every soul in the empire knew that he was their reason for being, the reason why there was an Empire left to fight over. Vinaze was sure that most, if not all, of the other attendees sought to claim the mantle of Imperial Despot, as though it were anything other than a platitude offered by the Emperor, a figurehead for the Imperials who may not place their truest faith in the Sith'ari as of yet.

But Onrai was correct: the dice had to fall where they may, and the clambering upwards was only just beginning.

Darth Vinaze's presence at the proceedings would be reserved, comparatively to the rest. He doubted any of the Imperials present would recognize the groomed and regal visage of the old man, perhaps as anyone other than a potential competitor new to the playing field. To the Sith, his refined form was a great difference from how he had last shown his face to the Order. He was once again bound to a mortal shell, a true body not merely manifested of dark energy, something he had been dispossessed of since before even joining the New Sith Order. It had never been out of the realm of possibility to acquire a corpse for a spirit, but now as a member of the Empire he knew it was time to blend in. Appearances mattered in these stars in a way that they hadn't in the Unknown Regions. The new look had to be more refined, sleek, no doubt with a resemblance to the Emperor himself for an added air of authority.

But Vinaze had not come to claim authority, merely to see it enforced. He was as much a devoted servant of Darth Solipsis as the rest of them, though perhaps more conscious of it than the rest of them. They would, however, learn in time.

"Ahem." the old man spoke up from the gathered council, "though I would not seek to put myself in your contest, as a servant of the Emperor I would seek to know more from you politicians. The representative of the Bank brings an interesting thought to mind. No one can doubt the success of Ignacious Korvan's unification, but it remains, by all standards... incomplete. I would challenge anyone seeking to follow the late Despot to answer for the remaining warlords coalescing in the Tion Cluster, and tell us how that shall be weighed against renewed conflict against the Jedi? I do not suppose the representative of the Bank is suggesting herself as a candidate?"

12.png

"Our revenge will be achieved not through subjugation but by contagion."
-- Darth Tenebrous.

Tags: Onrai Onrai Kazian Blackwood Kazian Blackwood Darth Apophion Darth Apophion Derix Tirall Derix Tirall Meii-Nu Suu Meii-Nu Suu Darth Vinaze Darth Vinaze

Darth Ayra had been quietly watching the proceedings as the Imperial court debated or argued for who should succeed the late Despot Ignacious Korvan Ignacious Korvan . It was only when Darth Apophion Darth Apophion entered the court that the bickering ceased. As Apophion took his place Ayra watched the man carefully navigate his way and it became clear to the blonde sitting across from him that the man carried a presence of abject fear that even these ambitious, maniacal men would temporarily end their attempts to gain power to pay him their respect. She made note of the Sith Lord and turned her gaze to the others.

When Onrai Onrai spoke Ayra regarded her with a sense of intrigue. So I am not the only one here to acquire influence in these proceedings? Let's see your candidate then, Ayra thought to herself. Her gaze then turned to Meii-Nu Suu Meii-Nu Suu who carefully followed up the words of the abomination with a ploy to see who would make their claim for the vacant throne. She regarded the Gossam with great respect. They were set to do a lot of business together, and as the stranger Vinaze raised concerns regarding the Empire of the Lost, Ayra wondered how she would play this tribunal too given what her colleague was about to say. Leaning forward in her seat to speak into the microphone in front of her Ayra said:

"The Imperial Remnants found in the Tion cluster have banded together to form their own Empire. A new Council of Moffs were appointed under the leadership of Velran Kilran Velran Kilran who has initiated hostilities with the Sith Order. My sources tell me that this Empire of the Lost are set to enter war with Carnifex and his Sith Lords while skirmishes are set to break out with the new Mandalorian Protectors. They should be of no concern to this tribunal at this time."

It was better for Ayra if the organisations represented here held their focus elsewhere outside of the Empire of the Lost. A lot of time, money and effort had been spent gaining influence with the likes of Maldor Mecetti Maldor Mecetti and the other Moffs that had risen to take their place under Emperor Kilran without inviting another competitor to their quadrant of space. Maestus Maestus 's relationship with the new Emperor of the Lost was enough to cause stress without the maniacs and tyrants represented at this tribunal sowing their own seeds of doubt, confusion and manipulation into the politicks of the 'other' Empire.

"Councillor Suu raises a great point. The new successor to Ignacious Korvan should be a man who not only has expertise and knowledge of our enemies in the Galactic Alliance but has clear acumen to navigate the internal and external politicks of the organisations represented here," Ayra continued laying her own seeds into the Dark Empire. "A man who already carries the strength of leadership and capability that any Imperial, Sith or the other organisations represented here can respect and follow."

"This tribunal should elect Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe as Korvan's successor and follow his leadership in the battles to come."

12.png

qXu9Rp6.png
W A T C H_T H E_T H R O N E
Objective : Watch the Throne

DARK EMPIRE
CADEMIMU V
, OUTER RIM TERRITORIES

qXu9Rp6.png
Sularen quietly listened as the Tribunal went over their proceedings discussing about the matter of who would succeed the recently deceased Imperial Despot Ignacious Korvan. While Imperial Propaganda proclaimed that the Despot had died fighting against the forces of the Galactic Alliance, the Grand Admiral knew the dark truth, this was the Emperor's doing as he had received the order to kill Korvan himself and had executed said order after hesitating for a while. Even now after Korvan's death, the order continued to bother Sularen who was left with many questions : Why had the Emperor ordered Korvan's Death and what did he have planned.

To further add to the Grand Admiral's suspicion that the Emperor was cooking up some sort of scheme, he had noticed that there were a large amount of Sith and Sith Loyalists within today's session, at least in comparison to previous meetings with 3 Sith Lords and a Sith Sympathizer present. This alone would be enough to prop-up a Puppet within the position of Imperial Despot, which could be either beneficial or detrimental depending on which individual they would choose to prop up. In fact now that he thought about it, he was the only Imperial within this room, surrounded by Various Sith and a Sith Sympathizer along with an Ex-Mawite Warlord and a Corporate officials and yet here they were discussing about who would succeed Korvan as the Commander-in-Chief of all Imperial Forces within the Dark Empire.

Then came the first nomination. As Lord Vinaze brought up the issue of dealing with the Empire of the Lost in the Tingel Arm, Alicia Drey responded by dismissing them as a short-term threat pointing out to the fact that they were in fact focused on the Sith Order and the Mandalorian Protectors, two enemies that both the Dark Empire and the Empire of the Lost shared. However what caught the Grand Admiral off-guard was her next statement, agreeing with Councilwoman Suu about what the new Despot should be like before presenting her candidate : None other then Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe , a member of the Trade Federation and former Chancellor of the Galactic Alliance.

The Grand Admiral was well aware of the former Chancellor's track record. His Administration of the Galactic Alliance was tainted with corruption and selfish greed with Tithe advancing the interests of Corporations whenever he could using every possible opportunity he had to strengthen their political influence within the Alliance, which would eventually falter with the ascension of Chancellor Auteme. If he was to emerge as the new Despot, it would give the Trade Federation and other Corporations unprecedented power over the Empire, not to mention the fact that he lacked the military
capabilities that Korvan possessed as demonstrated by his severe mismanagement of the Early Second Great Hyperspace War.

What bothered the Grand Admiral more, however was who had nominated him and what that meant for this meeting. Whether Alicia Drey was promoting Sith Interests or Corporate Interests was a mystery to Sularen but knowing the backgrounds of those present, Sularen knew well that everyone here didn't care about choosing a proper successor to Korvan. They all just wanted a puppet they could manipulate for their own selfish ambitions and he would not stand for it, but for now the Grand Admiral would remain seated in silence carefully listening to what opinions the other members of the Tribunal had in mind first before making his move.

After all, the last individual to make his move always have the benefit to know what his opponent has in store and thus knows how to defeat them and today Sularen would ensure that the future of the Empire would not be tainted by those who sought to exploit it. He would be the great architect that would ensure the continued stability and success of the Empire against those who sought to take advantage of it and those who sought to undermine and oppose it.

Shannic Wulf

Imperial Minister

qXu9Rp6.png

12.png

Marlon Sularen Marlon Sularen Onrai Onrai Alicia Drey Alicia Drey Darth Vinaze Darth Vinaze Derix Tirall Derix Tirall Darth Apophion Darth Apophion Meii-Nu Suu Meii-Nu Suu

Shannic sat, the close air almost cloying at her neck, her high collar feeling uncomfortable today. She enjoyed her statements of fashion, something she was noted for, but on this occasion, the bluster of the conversation made it entirely impractical to feel any respite from the dryness. Perhaps it was she who was anxious?

As Imperial Administrator, her role under Korvan had been one of pragmatism, balancing his ideological role with hard facts, crisp decision making and decisive intelligence. In short, she had ensured that his very will had been enacted in the best way possible, utilising the behemoth resources of the Empire without being seen to be fussy or, worse yet, expensive. Her team, a cavalcade of Ministers and Junior Ministers, sat around her, listening intently as the good and gracious of the Empire seemed to battle it out to fill the vacuum left by the sacrifice of the Despot at Tython.

She had liked him, for what it was worth. He had shown good humour and kindness behind the scenes, his passion and zeal for the Imperial ‘project’ radiating from his very being. But whilst his life was over, his legacy would live on, that she was sure of.

As one of the ranking government officials present, it was her job to remind those invited members what they were there to do.
In the dimly lit chamber, her presence commanded attention, a figure veiled in an aura of quiet authority. With an air of effortless elegance, she stood tall, her posture exuding confidence and poise. Her piercing gaze, sharp as a hawk's, bore into the soul of those who dared meet it, hinting at the depths of wisdom and experience hidden beneath.

Draped in mourning robes of midnight black, adorned with intricate golden motifs, she cut a striking figure against the backdrop of the chamber. Around her neck, a jewelled pendant glimmered in the dim light, a symbol of her status and authority. The administration had enacted a period of State Mourning for the past weeks and she held to it resolutely, showing her veneration for the fallen leader.

As she surveyed the room with a measured gaze, one thing became abundantly clear – this was a woman not to be trifled with, a force to be reckoned with in a world where power was the ultimate currency.

“I would remind all esteemed members of the Tribunal that though expediency is called for, we must honour the living memory of our departed Leader. The Father of the Empire is not soon ‘replaced’ as some have callously worded it. Need I remind any here today of the edict enacted by our Emperor not three days ago.”

She gestured to the large holo screen, smaller displays available to each participant present also lighting up if activated.

Imperial Edict XIIVIK: Preservation of Imperial Honor and Dignity

Whereas it is imperative to uphold the sanctity of the Imperial legacy and honor the memory of esteemed leaders who have served the Empire with distinction,
Be it hereby decreed by Emperor Fossk, Supreme Sovereign of the Empire:

• A. Prohibition of Defamatory Utterances: Any disparaging remarks, slanderous comments, or derogatory statements made against a fallen Imperial leader, whether deceased or deposed, are strictly forbidden.​
  • B. Sanctions Against Disrespectful Discourse: Engaging in discussions, writings, or public speeches that tarnish the reputation or belittle the achievements of a former Imperial leader is deemed an affront to the dignity of the Empire and its esteemed history.​
  • C. Punitive Measures for Violations: Individuals found guilty of speaking-ill of a fallen Imperial leader shall face the severest consequences, including but not limited to imprisonment, exile to remote penal colonies, or capital punishment, as determined by the Imperial judiciary.​
  • D. Enforcement by Imperial Authorities: The Imperial Security Bureau and local law enforcement agencies are hereby authorized to investigate, apprehend, and prosecute any individuals suspected of violating this edict, ensuring swift and uncompromising justice.​
  • E. Amendment and Repeal Clause: This edict may be amended or repealed by the Supreme Sovereign of the Empire, or his proxy, at their discretion, in accordance with the evolving needs and circumstances of the Empire.​
Let all citizens of the Galactic Empire heed this edict and honour the legacy of our fallen leader with the dignity and respect befitting their esteemed stature.

Long Live Korvan! Long Live the Emperor! Long Live the Empire!

She gave a moment for those present to read the edict once again, something that would have been distributed and broadcast routinely to their offices.

“Imperial Citizens in their billions are in a state of mourning for their fallen Leader. Our Emperor has asked this Tribunal to convene so that he may hear our views.”

She looked over at the Sith that had recommended the traitorous Tithe to replace Korvan. Though his defection was an intended boon to the Empire, the Administration was intent to continue to vet and process all they had. Their closeness to the Throne was not assured. She smiled meekly.

“Aerarii Tithe has shown a certifiable amount of self-preservation. For that they should be commended. I hope that we too may enjoy the fruits of that sense of preservation, extended to our Imperial Order as I’m sure they intend.”

She looked for just a moment at the Grand Admiral, a moment long enough to feel pointed to any watching her closely. Her meek smile dissipated and she returned to speaking to the floor.

“Our Empire requires order! The Galactic Alliance has yet again sought to determine that our peoples are to live in fear of subjugation under a corrupt and unjust system, left to fend for themselves as carrion for the federalists or capitalists, so set on filling their coffers off the backs of the work and sacrifice of their citizens. Even now, tens of thousands of Alliance refugees flock to our border worlds.” Her eyes flicked towards the Trade Federation representative, eager that her point not be missed.

She looked to sit but spoke one last time.

“The Emperor has made assurances that our future will be determined by radical action, not on thought alone. The time for deeds is now.”

VVVDHjr.png
VVVDHjr.png

Torture and Interrogation Officer and Agent
VVVDHjr.png
12.png
Information
Objective: Interrogation
Equipment: Officer Uniform || Empyrean gland || OPBC-01m
Tag: Kazian Blackwood Kazian Blackwood
"Galactic Common" | <"High Nelvaanian"> | ~ telepathic communication ~ | << comm. channel >>

EIhVhaB.png

The first thing I did after the mission was to get rid of my field armour and take a long shower. Once that was done, the first thing I had to do was report to my superiors. I did the job well; I got the person I needed. I mean, this was my second task, because my original task failed the moment I landed on the planet. Luckily, I didn't make a mistake and it wasn't my fault that I had to be given another task. I was a maximalist, if everything is true, and that was very much in the L'lerim bloodline, and that is why I could not afford to make any mistakes. Especially not a mistake that would end up on my record.

After handing in my report and answering my superiors' questions, I was given another task. I was surprised that it was so soon, as we had just returned to Carlac from Empress Teta; but as soon as I heard what my task was, I was not at all surprised. I tried to guess what my superiors had in mind. Had they sent me because I already knew the Special Agent and perhaps by getting him off the planet, they had managed to establish some rapport. I didn't need to like each other or be sympathetic to him. It didn't really matter to me. The point was to answer the information.

Which I will get one way or another. I actually liked it when the target resisted, because it was always fun to mentally break the other guy. Torturing the other person with telepathy, or even my favourite, Memory Walk. When necessary, I even used drugs that lowered the target's mental defences to make them easier to break. I think I've already said that I love my job. It's fun and it feels good to have so much power in my hands while being able to find out anything about the target. I could see from the agent's file that the ISB had high hopes for him and considered him a talent, but he often made mistakes in the field.

For a moment I wondered why he was sent out alone at that time. I was working with someone else at the beginning until my mentor and instructor officially signed off that I am ready to work alone. I could not find an answer to this question for the man. Interesting. Did the ISB want him to fail after all? Well, as much as I loved my job, I didn't want to waste valuable and talented resources. I'll find out just how much of a man he is. And maybe I'll get an answer as to why he was sent there alone. I mean, in theory Sabine Korvan Sabine Korvan was supposed to be there, but after the fact that her father(?), the Imperial Despot, was killed, I didn't wonder why she disappeared.

With my datapad in my hands, I entered the interrogation room where Blackwood was. I gestured with my hand for him to remain seated, and then I sat down on the other side of the table, facing him, while I placed the datapad upside down on the table. I didn't need it any more, because I had access to the data with the biochip anyway.

"Welcome, Agent Blackwood! Well, let's not waste time. First, I'd like to hear your full report on your mission." I said to the man in a formal and distant tone this time.

XsHhoMx.png

GBC9wRZ.png

Watch the Throne.

Marlon Sularen Marlon Sularen Onrai Onrai Alicia Drey Alicia Drey Darth Vinaze Darth Vinaze Derix Tirall Derix Tirall Meii-Nu Suu Meii-Nu Suu Shannic Wulf Shannic Wulf Ellayina L'lerim Ellayina L'lerim

The chamber's atmosphere shifted as others began to speak of the issue at hand. Darth Ayra and Darth Vinaze both spoke in turn, their very presence exuding the formidable essence of the Sith. Following in their statements were Shannic Wulf, Derix Tirall, and Marlon Sularen—names Apophion recognized as Imperials of notable influence, though he had no personal acquaintanceship with any of them. Their very persence introduced an undercurrent of tension, the air thick with the unspoken narratives of power and ambition that accompanied such individuals.

The nomination of Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe by Darth Ayra caught Darth Apophion off guard, a rare moment where the poised and calculating Sith Lord found himself momentarily at a loss. Although he dared not show, Apophion remained reserved and composed at the nomination of the Imperial by another Sith Lord. Darth Ayra's nomination necessitated a re-evaluation of her motives and objectives. Was she seeking to challenge the existing power structure, or did she have a more nuanced strategy that aligned with the Sith's broader goals?

However, Darth Vinaze's words cut through the air, pointing out Korvus's failure to fully unify the Imperials with the Sith. Many Imperials, Vinaze noted, still acted as independent warlords in the Tion Cluster, a fact that undermined the very fabric of the Empire's unity.

"Darth Vinaze has made a poignant observation." Apophion began, his voice calm yet imbued with a steely undercurrent. "The fragmentation between Sith and Imperials still lingers, the failure to achieve true unity under the previous administration, underscores a vital flaw in our approach. If we are to nominate an Imperial to succeed Korvan, let us not forget the lessons of the past. The independent actions of the Imperials in the Tion Cluster are not merely a regional issue but a symptom of a larger malaise."

He paused, allowing his words to sink in, his eyes sweeping across the faces of the Tribunal members, gauging their reactions.

"We must consider a candidate who not only possesses the military and political acumen to navigate the complexities of our Empire but also the vision to see beyond the immediate power struggles. Someone who can mend these fractures, unify the Sith and the Imperials, and harness our collective strength towards a singular purpose."

At that moment, Apophion laid out not just a critique but a challenge to the nomination.

12.png

When Ellayina L'lerim Ellayina L'lerim walked into the room I wasn't surprised. Torture and Interrogation officer, she'd told me. I hoped dearly it was the latter in this instance.

"Oh, its you. What is this farce? I'd happily write you the full report but this sequestering is unnecessary." I tried to keep my tone from showing my discomfort but it was growing more difficult, and I doubted I could hide my true sentiments from the likes of her.

"Is this about that asset Hojkstra? If it is, he was a bad choice to begin with." I was quick to pass judgement on the man. That probably didn't look good, but I had been his designated handler since I'd had him on this side of the interrogation chamber. I knew then, or perhaps I should have known better, that he was a dangerous asset.

The academy had spent so long preparing me for this job, and yet I'd found myself stumbling from the starting line when it wasn't just like the books had said. Even those couple years on the CompForce hadn't readied me in the slightest for working against the interests of a foreign galactic government...

VVVDHjr.png

GBC9wRZ.png

Derix Tirall sat among the members of the Tribunal, his gaze sweeping across the room as the debate raged on about who should succeed Ignacious Korvan. He had listened attentively to the arguments and proposals put forth by his colleagues, but as Darth Ayra spoke, suggesting Aerarii Tithe as Korvan's successor, Tirall felt a surge of unease.

He knew Tithe well, perhaps too well. The man was ambitious, ruthless, and cunning, qualities that had served him well in his rise through the ranks of the Imperial Military Industrial Complex. But Tirall also knew that Tithe's loyalty was to himself and his own interests, rather than to the Empire as a whole. That much was made clear when he weaseled his way into the highest offices of the Galactic Alliance.

His very tenure as Chancellor of that organization disqualified him as a true candidate for Despot.

Apparently Derix was not the only member of the Tribunal to voice opposition to Tithe's ascension. The Imperial Administrator Shannic Wulf Shannic Wulf made an impassioned speech, and he noted her effective use of legal documents in a way that only a bureaucrat could. Impressive. She made her point, and Minister Tirall nodded in agreement.

Next came the enigmatic Sith Lord, Darth Apophion Darth Apophion . He had never met this particular Sith, but by the looks of him, he seemed powerful enough. The guards behind him spoke volumes without making a sound. Interesting.

"Lord Vinaze and Lord Aphohion make an excellent point and I am left to wonder..." He paused to glance around the room. "Is there even a candidate of that caliber within this room?"

Last edited:

The Gossam casually looked over at Darth Vinaze Darth Vinaze , who was providing some measure of support for the Trade Federation's requirements for a new despot to be appointed by the Tribunal.

He required all potential candidates to address the ongoing issues with the warlords in the Tion Cluster, as well as the escalating tensions with the New Jedi Order and the Galactic Alliance. However, she quickly rejected the idea of running for the despotic position, fearing that the intense public scrutiny would reveal the numerous corrupt practices.

"Such a position is beneath my skill levels as a banker." She replied bluntly towards Darth Vinaze Darth Vinaze to address his rhetorical questioning.

Following this event, Alicia Drey Alicia Drey voiced her support for Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe to become the Imperial Despot, as she believed Tithe met all the necessary criteria set by the Councilwoman.

The notion of Tithe leading another empire to ruin was a humorous proposal, but any significant mismanagement would probably be detected by the Emperor and swiftly dealt with. Nevertheless, the idea would no doubt linger in everyone's mind.

She looked over to Minister Shannic Wulf Shannic Wulf who was busy making herself relevant in these discussions, wanting to glorify the Father of the Empire and reminding everyone of an official Imperial Decree set by the current Emperor Fossk. Such a decree was geo-political hogwash, and would backfire on the Dark Empire almost certainly if the general public even read it.

"Minister Wulf, If you want to make grand speeches perhaps you should run for Federal Senator, they can always use another lunatic amongst the asylum"
She said with an eye-roll being utterly disinterested in the patriotic speeches and decree nonsense that the Minister was currently spouting.

Both Derix Tirall Derix Tirall and Darth Apophion Darth Apophion shared the same point regarding the
dysfunctional nature of current regime, wanting someone who had the military and political acumen to navigate the complexities of the Empire but also having the vision to see beyond the immediate power struggles. Someone who can mend these fractures, unify the Sith and the Imperials, and harness our collective strength towards a singular purpose.

"There is no one within these walls that
fulfill the aforementioned and additional requirements. So there a recommendation that we split the Imperial Despot title into two equal halves one focusing on the military side of the empire and another on the political and diplomatic side. In such a scenario, neither individual would be allowed to do something without the other hand telling them what to do." Meii-Nu explained with further pronunciations of her speech.

Last edited:
Objective 1
The Tribunal, Cademimu V
Tags: Marlon Sularen Marlon Sularen Darth Apophion Darth Apophion Alicia Drey Alicia Drey Darth Vinaze Darth Vinaze Derix Tirall Derix Tirall Meii-Nu Suu Meii-Nu Suu Shannic Wulf Shannic Wulf

The initial round of opening statements had apparently been made and concluded, revealing a number of... intriguing viewpoints. Points Onrai chose to respond to on a case-to-case basis, as there were over half a dozen raising their claims and proffering their viewpoints.

To Derix Tirall Derix Tirall she gave a simple nod. The passivity would serve him well during the course of the back-and-forth debate over the future replacement of the Despot. There was no reason to be so aggressively proactive in revealing one's potential allegiances so early. The suggestion of Meii-Nu Suu Meii-Nu Suu that the Despot be both a passively political and mightily militaristic figure who could both play diplomacy and crack the skulls of those who chose to aggressively reject the Empire's graces. A small part of Onrai's being wondered if perhaps she would be able to fill such a role - though she was well aware as to who exactly the Gossam was leveraging for.

To Darth Vinaze Darth Vinaze , she chose a greater response, observing his desire to not proffer himself as a possible supplicant. "Warlords are lured into service through careful crafting of circumstances. Whether one proffers them the appropriate lures to solicit their service, or whether one presses upon them until they have no choice but to desperately accept whatever gracious terms are offered them, the threat they may have to us is minimal. I see little reason to presume they will become a threat, let alone an enemy." It was as honest an assessment as she could give: the very credo of the Empire of the Lost was anathema to the Alliance, and the chances the stars would align between them was slim to none.

Then Alicia Drey Alicia Drey spoke. Her old student, old friend - and one who at one point in time was closer to her than anyone else in the galaxy. Her assessment of the Empire of the Lost similarly matched Onrai's own: they were of negligible worry, involved in their own petty squabbles and warlordism that would wear them down in due time against the stones of the Kainate and the Mandalorians who now ruled the demesne of Mandalore. That agreement with her words quickly collapsed as she put forward the suggestion of Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe - and a chuckle came from Onrai's lips. "Tithe works for Tithe. I would expect the Empire to no more blossom under his rule than the Alliance did - and his former leadership of them is a concern in and of itself. I can respect his cunning and guile, but such a position demands loyalty." She was well aware that Ayra's doctrine was still Banite in nature, and whatever support she gave to the Empire was practically lip service. Onrai fully believed that Tithe, as much as she, would abandon the Dark Empire were it more beneficial to him. No, he was not someone she could support. Onrai could sense as much rejection from Marlon Sularen Marlon Sularen as she herself had for the idea.

As Shannic Wulf Shannic Wulf spoke up, and pushed forward an edict, she nearly found herself laughing again, albeit this time was able to resist. Former Imperial leaders were former for a reason, though that that reason could be varied tremendously. The dead and powerless were of no concern, only those who held within their grasp the fate of the numerous. "We will have our order, Minister. That said, the decision of who will become the Emperor's second will be determined here." Her reference to the "capitalists" additionally made Onrai wonder what her own views of support were in favor of the one candidate yet placed before everyone.

The critique of Darth Apophion Darth Apophion was valid, and Onrai believed that if it did not hammer closed the coffin of Aerarii's nomination, Derix Tirall Derix Tirall 's dismissal of it certainly did. Yes, there was at least one candidate within the room who fit the bill, among perhaps others. So it was that Onrai chose to put forward those she believed would be able to fulfill such a role - then Meii-Nu Suu Meii-Nu Suu spoke up with a proposition of division of the civilian and military aspects of the Despot's position. "I respectfully disagree with you on such, Auditor - the purpose of the position of Despot is to consolidate power. It is nigh-guaranteed that a splitting of the position will result in further internal politicking the Empire cannot afford to waste time sorting out. Even if the position were to be reformed in any fashion, dissecting it would be a truly foolish gesture."

Now, she supposed, was her time to put forward suggestions. "There are two people here I believe would find the position suitable based on prior experience, present ability, and guidance of the future given their loyalty to the cause of the Dark Empire. The first is someone I hold a particularly high degree of trust in, whose management of resources on both a political and military scale has been professional and capable. Their ability has, within the Empire, remained proven, and their loyalty gives me reason to trust their lack of abuse of such a position. That person is Marlon Sularen Marlon Sularen ."

She took a sip of her tea before continuing. "As for the second - I will, out of respect to the Grand Admiral, proffer them only if this tribunal's support for him is lacking."

Oh, how quick the vultures descend from their circling of the cadaver.

These Imperial were more alike the Sith than they realized, talking of power and what it amounts to while hiding sly intentions behind magnanimity. Whatever Solipsis had intended by the decree which Minister Wulf had brought to attention, it was a futile attempt to restrain the passions.

These ministers, moffs, and magistrates exemplified to Vinaze the kind of Imperials useful to the Sith, for without even knowing it they abided their passions like the Sith did. Their passion was expression of power, the ecstasy of one's being, fulfilled at the top of their game. Be it the fervor of a nationalistic calling and the roar of patriotic crowds, the sweet subtlety of having all one's desires at the beckon of the credit, or the vigorous thumping in one's chest as they drive their enemies before them. Vinaze could see all of that manifested right there in the hall around him.

"It is without a doubt, Onrai, that Marlon Sularen Marlon Sularen has proven time and again his loyalty to the Sith, and to Imperialism, without blurring those often tricky lines. But Korvan was a thoroughbred Imperial of the New Order. His motives patriotic, his patriotism unquestionable to the people, and yet how much of his regime has been held together by propaganda rather than policy? It is early days yet for this new Empire, and his death was untimely. We need to ensure the structure of this Empire is retained, and Admiral Sularen is as much an outsider as the Emperor, or any of us in the New Sith Order, exactly the opposite of the quality which made Korvan immeasurably useful. While I agree with your analysis, we must ask now, Grand Admiral, if you believe you could wield the iron fist as deftly as Korvan?"

Arminius had shored up one confidant outside of the Iron Legion when he'd arrived in the service of the Dark Empire. Now he was dead. He was alone among the feast of crows now. He visited the man's initial memorial service when he was given full military honors, Kroeger honoring his coffin with a final salute before taking his leave. The next visit? The high command of the Dark Empire. He hardly held any faith in the marooned Imperial politicians and Sith Lords that now cloistered about an empty throne. It was in this that Arminius held confidence in the Sith Empire's clutch of this new Empire.

He arrived, perhaps one of the weaker figures to bargain for the leadership of the Dark Empire. He hardly prettied himself to the clean cut and ornate nature that Imperial political discourse commanded. His old uniforms were as tattered and destroyed as the Empire that issued them, he donned something of his own panoply now. A padded, fire resistant coat holding the rank bars pinned over his heart with his left shoulder adorned with the snake and skull of the Iron Legion and his right shoulder decorated with the distinctive insignia of the First Armored Assault Division, one of the old Empire's most prized tank and walker formations, signifying that he was in his own way, a member of the old guard.

Kroeger stood aside for the first round of discourse, smoking from his cigara as his cybernetic eye paired with the dull organic gaze flicked back and forth between the figures of power present in the room. Most of the sentiment drew a roll of his eyes, it was outwardly political. They were players of the game, hardly men and women with the best intent of the Empire in mind, only with intent of gaining power, most certainly the Sith among them.

He would let them politick until a prominent round of candidates became clear. He hardly expected any of them to utter his name, not that he wanted that in the slightest.

12.png

Objective: Politicking

Tags: Darth Apophion Darth Apophion Onrai Onrai Darth Vinaze Darth Vinaze Derix Tirall Derix Tirall Meii-Nu Suu Meii-Nu Suu Shannic Wulf Shannic Wulf Ellayina L'lerim Ellayina L'lerim Arminius Kroeger Arminius Kroeger

Perfect.

Ayra reclined into her seat and folded her arms quietly as her nomination of Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe was declined by the Tribunal. It could not have gone any better. In one swell move Ayra had learned that the former Chancellor and the Trade Federation of Planets held no influence over these proceedings. Furthermore she had alienated Tithe from the upper echelons of government within the Dark Empire by exposing the fact that these maniacs and freaks held no reverence to him. Except for one person: Darth Ayra. Through showing support to Tithe, and given her recent business with the likes of Meii-Nu Suu Meii-Nu Suu and the Federation on Obredaan, Ayra had put herself into a great position with them in her future relations with the organisation.

As the conversation turned to Admiral Marlon Sularen Marlon Sularen Ayra pondered on what her next move was here. The platitudes of Shannic Wulf Shannic Wulf fell on her deaf ears as Ayra listened carefully to the words of the others sat at the meeting. In her mind these proceedings were artificial. When it came to these types of things Ayra often found herself putting herself into the position of the other, and drawing upon what she would do if she were standing in their position. For Solipsis' he held the ultimate say here, and it was far more likely that he had his candidate already selected for the position before this Tribunal was convened. So, as Ayra sat there listening, she figured that this meeting was less about it's agenda to consider who should fill Ignacious Korvan's late shoes and rather the means of discovering what the agendas of each individuals in attendance were.

With that in mind Ayra found herself considering her position in these affairs. Did they know that she was the sitting Staff Director of the Empire of the Lost's New Imperial Security Bureau? If Darth Vinaze Darth Vinaze 's questions were to be taken literally then the answer was probably not yet. The directives of the New Sith Order (as Ayra understood them) included gaining influence or control over the affairs of the Galaxy. Therefore, given her status in the Empire, Ayra found herself inadmissible to scrutiny. As the second most powerful person in the Empire of the Lost Ayra had the means to funnel information, credits, resources and a multitude of other things towards the Dark Empire. But then Ayra was also a follower of the dark side, and knew how a cunning mind could churn such information into a lie that could be powerful enough to topple her, particularly here in these types of proceedings.

As Arminius Kroeger Arminius Kroeger arrived Ayra found herself watching them take their place in the Tribunal while considering what else to do. Her eyes darted between each participant of the debate, listening to their ideas, garnering the truths behind their ploys, as her cunning mind tried to deduce what was real or not while most of her facial features were obscured by the cowl of the dark robe she wore.

Tithe sat among members of the Tribunal, dressed head to toe in black mourning clothes, as he feinted sorrow at the death of a man he had never met. Korvan may have been loved by many and a helpful pawn in Solipsis’s designs, but his fate stood as a stark reminder that loyalty was rarely honoured in galactic politics.

To his surprise, Tithe was nominated in the first round of candidates. The Aargauun disliked surprises - he preferred knowing the market and its behaviour. To go first in negotiations was to start from a weakened position, and the same held true for elections. Darth Ayra had swiftly put Tithe on the back foot. She would need to be watched carefully.

“I am profoundly honored to dedicate my service to our Emperor, in any manner that his Eternal Darkness sees fit,” Tithe lied. “Consider me but a humble and loyal servant of this great and powerful nation.” Loyal so long as the credits continued to flow.

The Tribunal members agreed that replacing Korvan would be challenging and waxed lyrical about the attributes needed for an appropriate successor. Yet none offered other candidates or progressed the discussion beyond restating what had already been said. They seemed afraid to provide an opinion.

Grand Admiral Sularen was finally nominated.

"While his allegiance remains unwavering, I do find myself pondering, quite curiously, about the Grand Admiral's strategic prowess. After all, if holding onto even a single planet against the Galactic Alliance proved too tall an order, how then do we bestow upon him the monumental task of safeguarding the entirety of our illustrious Empire?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom