Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech VSF Shiba

Status
Not open for further replies.
window-side-off-jpg.694560

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Vitae Security Forces
  • Affiliation: VSF, Galactic Alliance
  • Market Status: Closed-Market
  • Model: Shiba Sonic Pistol
  • Modularity: Different attachments can be added such as Lasers and sights. Veran Royal Guard Models include Teradin Wood handles. Can be tuned to different metals.
  • Production: Mass-Produced
  • Material: Durasteel, Sonic-blaster components, Teradin Wood (Veran Royal Guard models)
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Sonic Pistol
  • Size: Average
  • Weight: Average
  • Ammunition Type: Power cell
  • Ammunition Capacity: Average/Very Low | 50 Anti-Organic (Anti-Organic) |10 (Anti-Metal)
  • Effective Range: Average
  • Rate of Fire: Average(Organic) | Low (Anti-Metal)
  • Damage Output:
    • Organic Shots: Average
    • Anti-metal Shots: Extreme (Against specified metal)
  • Recoil: Average(Organic) | Very High (Anti-Metal)
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Incredibly dangerous towards those who use Beskar
  • Containment field allows for Sonic blast to survive at a range of 100 meters.
  • Explodes on impact
  • Internals are Faraday Caged against EMP weaponry
STRENGTHS
  • Highly Effective against Metals
  • Longer range than simple Sonic Weaponry
  • Blocking with objects such as a lightsaber will lead to an explosion of sonic energy
  • Concealable on one’s person
  • Can be tuned to different metals
WEAKNESSES
  • While the shot can go 100 meters, the chances of hitting a target at that range aren’t ideal as it is a pistol.
  • Round travels slower than most other ammunition types
  • Lower Ammunition count than other ammunition types.
  • Tuning cannot be done quickly and is best left for off the battlefield.
  • Anti-Metal shots take longer to fire as the pistol must make the necessary calculations
  • Anti-metal shots add recoil to the attack as the containment field adjusts to the frequency
DESCRIPTION
Recognizing the looming threat of the mandalorian wars, and his personal experiences with fighting beskar clad warriors, Vulpesen commissioned a new weapon from his technicians at the Vitae Security Forces development team, thus creating the VSF Shiba.

As with most VSF weaponry, the Shiba has two modes of operation, one basic mode known as anti-organic which causes organ shattering damage, much like a geonosian sonic blaster, and another that requires attunement before battle.

Every shot from the VSF Shiba leaves as a sonic blast trapped in a containment field that can last for 100 meters, or until it collides with a physical or energy force. Upon the field’s collapse, it releases a potent blast of sonic vibration capable of shattering organs or weaker materials.

Once attuned with a specific metal, the Shipa can be switched to a mode which will expend a fifth of its energy to launch a sonic blast that upon connecting with the metal, will cause it to vibrate violently and uncontrollably. Created with Mandalorain Beskar in mind, the Shiba was designed with the idea that any Mandalorian hit by an anti-beskar shot would find themselves trapped in their armor as it violently shook and vibrated like a deadly tuning fork.

And like most VSF weaponry, Vulpesen ensured that all models were designed with an internal faraday cage to protect them from EMP blasts, and a model with a Teradin Wood grip was created for use by the Veran Royal Guard as a sign of status.

Last edited:
Code Of Silence
Factory Judge
Vulpesen Vulpesen

Neat design you've got here. Upon review of your numbers, as a Judge I have to use the highest rating as my baseline. With your Extreme damage rating, that puts you 4 points over which is a bit too much. Your weaknesses aren't significant enough to make up for that. I'm requesting more significant weaknesses and/or a drop in damage output in order to balance this effectively. With Very High damage output, you'd still be three points over which would still require at least one significant flaw.

Also,
Image Source: Doctor Who, Jack Harkness Sonic Pistol

These do not have links for the image in-question. Please add that in.

Explodes on impact

After reviewing the Star Wars lore, sonic-based weaponry simply bend around a lightsaber blade to strike the person wielding it; as-such, they're not considered typical energy-based weapons. Plasma weapons, on the other hand, can explode upon contact with a lightsaber blade. In light of this, I'm requesting this feature be removed.

Affiliation: VSF, Galactic Alliance

Please include appropriate links to the factions and/or groups in question.

Let me know when edits have been made and we'll continue. Thank you!

Links added for image and GA. VSF is just an abbreviation of the linked company.
Anti-Metal shots changed to lower rate of fire and increase recoil

Above in my Canon links, I have listed the Geonosian Sonic Blaster. From the second paragraph in its description and function of the weapon.

"consisted of a sphere of condensed sonic energy, encapsulated within a containment sphere. Upon rupture of the containment field - which could be caused by any energy or solid based interference with the field - the sphere would explode in a contained omnidirectional blast."

As Lightsabers have plasma, and do interact with blasters, and other weaponry, this sonic "charge" acts more akin to a bolt before exploding. Hence why even if being attempted to blocking with a saber, the explosion would still function.

Secondly, while most Sonic weapons do in fact, pass through lightsabers as it is a sound based weapon, In the Sonic Disruptor Link I have provided above as well it only states that the weapon could not be blocked by lightsabers. Not by how. As this weapon functions not dissimilarly to that of a Geonosian version of the weapon, The shots from this weapon would act the same way, only having upped the potential power in the weapon to specifically be used to target and vibrate armor instead of just vaporizing someone on contact like a conventional Disruptor weapon.

Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud

Code Of Silence
Factory Judge
Vulpesen Vulpesen

I appreciate the inclusion of a few further weaknesses, and a further explanation of how the device works. I am going to approve this, with the customary Factory advisement not to abuse it; if it is reported, it will be pulled and evaluated further by John Locke John Locke . Best of luck in the battles ahead!

APPROVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom