Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Valley of Blooms [Spring Festival, SJO and Allies]

[SIZE=10pt]It was a good thing for the pho vendor that Charlie wasn’t particularly desiring soup at this moment. She was wanting something more street food like, which meant something on a stick or even hopefully a taiyaki pastry. Looking at every booth Charlie was beginning to feel slightly overwhelmed. Her stomach wasn’t as big as it used to be when she first arrived with the Silver Jedi. Proper planning and pacing would have to be in order, she also wondered if some places also did to go - maybe she could sneak stuff back to her room. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]The whole while she was planning her culinary journey, Charlie was unaware of those around her. It wasn’t until Aubrey had made known her existence by coming up to the small Seoulian girl. Charlie remembered her as the girl who seemed mesmerized by the lightsaber - she was also the one with the interesting weapon that didn’t seemed to get used. “Oh!” Charlie took Aubrey’s hand and shook it with a smile. “I do remember you Aubrey. I was wanting to spar with you but Sukai Yumi cut me off.” A smile spread as she nodded answering the question about her name. “Yeah, I’m Charlie. It's nice to finally get to talk to you.” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Aubrey was different, it seemed she wasn’t on the Jedi Path, but was stationed somewhere else. Taking her hand back, Charlie continued to smile and decided to try and make a new friend. “I’ve never seen you with any of the padawans, are you a Jedi too?” Charlie doing her best to get over her awkwardness decided to just bluntly ask the next question. “Um, do you wanna hang out and stuff?” She had been waiting for Faye as well, but mostly hoping to run into the other girl. The concept of making plans with friends was something Charlie hadn’t fully adapted to. [/SIZE]

[member="Aubrey King"] [member="Ugohr Poof"]

Objective: Climb the hill, walk through the burn!

Yuroic slowly took his time walking up the hill, the calming noises of nature around him were something more desirable than the music festival or the food festival. They were now starting to be crowded events. Wandering on his own path up the hill, he stopped several times to take a seat and reflect on the view for a moment. It was quite beautiful, with the sun high in the sky and not a cloud around. Lucky it was a warm spring day, not a wet one, spring was never reliable for decent weather. At least that was his take from most worlds. Some like Hoth, Jakku and Tatooine only had one season.

Once he arrived at the top, Yuroic smiled to himself. Alone, it was quite peaceful and pleasant. However, he was alone, part of him a very small part felt scared being alone. Alone was when the monster came. Yuroic closed his eyes and shook his head, no, no thoughts on that. Enjoy the moment, enjoy the view. Stick to the present, stick to the now.

Breath. See. Live.

She had clearly caught Allyson off guard as the Corellian nearly choked on her drink. At first, she was all smiles and quips as she recovered, but her excitement dulled at the mention of Kaili.

Jyoti knew was she was doing then. Dropping another subtle reminder that Kaili was nowhere to be found, while Jyoti was still around. Just about the only time she had seen the blonde on Kashyyyk was once at one of the Silver Order's periodic potlucks for new members, fishing for a fight.

"Thank you. You don't look too bad yourself. Those boots are cute. Mmm, outside of the commisioning ceremony, I don't have anything planned today. I thought I'd just poke around this afternoon and see what I find."

She settled beside Allyson, offering her a playful nudge of the shoulder. As a martial race, Echani tended to be quite physical in their expression.

"So far, so good. Walk with me?"

[member="Allyson Locke"]

The reminder that Jyoti intended to give was taken and Allyson tallied it back into her mind. It didn’t dampen her day though, especially since the Echani had decided to spend her downtime with her. Allyson couldn’t help but chuckle at the comment that she had been found something good. The nudge was received and Allyson returned it slightly as her hand hung and grazed the other woman’s hand as she moved away from the tree. Subtle touches such as the hand graze were things Allyson found herself doing with the Echani, it was at times not enough, but she tried.

“A walk sounds nice, better than just standing here.” Still having some of her tea left, Allyson offered it toward Jyoti. “Did you wanna try this? Its pretty good got it from a stand, maybe we could head towards the food if you were getting hungry.” Another soft smile as she offered her arm towards the Jedi.

“The rest of the Orchard is beautiful too, close second to a certain person I know.” The contrast of Jyoti’s blue dress to the pink flowers was a sight to memorize and Allyson made sure she would.

[member="Jyoti Nooran"]

The Wookiee didn't often make it out to social events, but the invitation to one so close to his homeworld couldn't be ignored. Especially since the invitation had come from his own sister. It had been some years since he'd spoken with Ohlbi, and the last he'd heard, she was married a young child. That was over a decade ago, however, and he'd never met the boy. But he would be meeting him now.

For once at such an event Talus had opted to remain on the shuttle, choosing instead to research the planet through the holonet. Despite Errreembuhr's firm assurance that he could learn more from actually exploring the planet. He didn't order the droid to follow, however, as a part of him still adhered to the ideal of droid freedoms espoused by the Metal Lords, a group which he'd grown increasingly distant as the time since the fall of droid space grew. So, for now, he was alone.

It didn't last long, however. Errreembuhr found who he was searching for without much trouble. After all this was a human planet, primarily, and wookiees stood out among them very easily. It helped as well that his sister had a very distinctive pattern of objects she tied into the fur on the back of her head: a Wroshyr leaf in between two scarlet red Agr feathers. Beside her stood another of their kind, one taller than her, but not quite as tall as Errreembuhr. Her husband perhaps?

"Ohlbi," he said, facemask neatly tucked away in its nook on his chest rig, allowing him to speak in his native tongue. "It's been so long, sister."

The girl turned around, showing the face he hadn't seen in years. "Errreembuhr, my brother," she replied, hurrying over and wrapping the taller Wookiee in a tight embrace, almost as if no time had passed. "When I'd heard you were on New Plympto I just had to see you. It's been at least thirty years since you've come home."

"And in those years you've had a son, I hear." He looked over to the other Wookiee, distracted by a Gungan working a food booth. "Is that the father?"

Ohlbi shook her head, calling for the Wookiee to come over. When he turned he saw the facial features of his own father, but much younger. Much leaner, as well, though his limbs looked quite powerful for a Wookiee his age. "This is my son. Iakchi."

The boy came his way, sizing up Errreembuhr as he approached before extending a tan-colored arm. Errreembuhr took it to shake, looking his nephew in the eyes.

"Uncle," he said, giving Errreembuhr's hand a squeeze. "I thought it was your right arm that had to be replaced?"

Errreembuhr laughed, shaking his head. "You're a perceptive one, that's good. You'll be an excellent hunter one day. What's that you were looking at over there? Some sort of Gungan cuisine?"

"I'm not sure if it's Gungan, but it smells great," Iakchi replied.

"Well let's have some, and we'll talk more over a good meal."

[member="Ugohr Poof"]

These sorts of things usually made Josh nervous, but he was getting a bit better at it, one bit at a time. This time, he'd brought his son, Jason to the festival. And of course, the first thing that they did was head for the food. Despite his size, little Jason was a bit of a glutton, and absolutely adored ice cream in particular. One look at the sign that read "Hand churned ice cream" and Josh knew what they would be doing.

The bit of father-son bonding time had resulted in them finding out they could churn the ice cream themselves if they wished, as part of the attraction. So Josh had spent time showing Jason how. He hadn't done so that great, but considering he was only two and a half, it was a good old try. Either way, the two had ice cream cones, which while Jason's face was full of ice cream the tot was clearly enjoying himself.

Walking around with Jason in his arms (Seeing as he was too big to hold his hand until Jason got bigger) while he used his free hand to eat ice cream while Jason held his with both hands, Josh would wander the grounds a bit before seeing [member="Charlie"] and [member="Aubrey King"] as he went.

"Charlie, how are you?" The Jedi Master would inquire as he approached, nodding to King who he at least recognized from a training session.

Objective: Eat tasty food
Nearby: [member="Errreembuhr"] - [member="Charlie"] - [member="Ugohr Poof"]

Though enjoying the market place to it's full extent Tana had to be reminded how... incentive some store owner where, to the point where said people would almost drag you to their stalls to buy what ever product they where selling. Ironically, most of the people that tried that on Tana where hair and other beauty products, a little awkward at time, but also a little funny. Most of the time though he had to decline, having learned the art of small to change hair colour, while having access to the top notch Sasori goods thanks to his master Junko.

Suddenly a small force push came to him, a sort of universal hello that swept though the market place, it was familiar but at the same time a little odd, 'is that chalire? why is she here? why alone for that matter? I would assume she would be cuddled up to Jyoti or Asaraa, interesting'. Turning back around the corner he saw the smol girl, now in conversation with a gungan and [member="Aubrey King"], actually never seen a gungan before, it was actually and interesting prospect to meet one. 'Okay, just smile and say hello, don't make things awkward, there are no bodies of water to make a safe landing in this time around'.

Walking forwards the young Jin made himself known to the small group, arms folded into the long sleeves that accompanied the Kimono, "hello there everyone, having a nice day at the festival, hope I am not interrupting anything".

vNhzouy.png

The soft music playing from the speakers on stage came to a stop as Helly took her place front and center on stage, finally addressing the crowd that had amassed before her.

"Hey, how's it going?" she asked all too casually into her mic. "When we were first contacted to see if we were available for this thing, I'm not sure who screamed the loudest; me or Raska." She turned to the guitarist and grinned, receiving a laugh in return. "The answer is Freylen, of course." Thankfully, Freylen went along with the joke in good humor, clearly in a better place himself than any previous shows. As the audience laughed with the otherwise stone-faced bassist, Helly shrugged and added under her breath, "I dunno, man, he just lost it."

There were a fair few of Hartlite's fanbase in attendance, but she could tell that the festival wasn't just focused on the live entertainment. The landscape itself was gorgeous, and Helly could see herself coming there just to relax, preferably with a lover.

"So we're gonna get started here with a song called Solitude, mostly because we can never find a good excuse to open with it and we've always wanted to. So here we are!"

She held out her arms on either side of herself as the instruments roared to life through the speakers. "SHOW ME YOU'RE READY, SILVERS!" she shouted over the blaring music. "LET ME HEAR YOU!"

As the collective hollering of the audience rivaled the music itself, she prepared herself for her cue. "You call me over and you're never at home- You think I'm crazy, I'm just speakin' my tongue- All this time I'm just fallin' in love, yeah, fallin' in love- to the sound of nothin'!" She whipped her ponytail over her head as she yelled, "We can't hear- you- now! 'Cause we're always on- our- own! We don't want your att-i-tude! 'Cause we've got our- Yeah we've got our solitude."

Ugohr Poof

The Traveling Gungan Salesman
More customers were inbound when the Bardottan executive chef finally received the supplies to prepare more pho servings, as the Bardottan served the last serving. To Ugohr some of them were intrigued by the smell of pho, such as [member="Tanaski Yumi"], [member="Aubrey King"] and [member="Errreembuhr"], while [member="Charlie"] did not intend to get to the food truck. Mesa hopen dat hesa can have pho servings ready while da other customers are bein served pizzas, fries, well, anythin but pho, which issa oursa maxibig seller hair today, the Gungan thought, while serving pizzas, fries, salads, even Skor cakes, but he has to be tactful when informing consumers that there was no pho left until a certain point in time. And yet, the three Wookiees (Errreembuhr, a female Wookiee and a child) finally arrived at the pho counter, with Tana being just behind the three Wookiees in the waiting line and the executive chef starting to get nervous, feeling the need to reorder supplies immediately while the pho batch was being cooked. Their patient will be rewarded with pho, with four possible sizes of pho servings for each of them to order:

"May mesa take yoursa order?"

Objective: Find something cute to buy

The scent of perfume, of leather and food filled the air of the small market, the sound of shopkeepers and customers haggling and hawking their wares filled the air as the girl reached up, tucking one errant strand of hair behind her ear as aqua eyes danced around the view as amusement danced in her gaze. Everything here seemed so lively and exciting, the little stalls all laden with their wares and goods each one a treasure trove of mystery. You never knew what you'd find hidden away there and Asaraa was on a quest. Her room back at the temple had always seemed a little drab, a little plain and she'd decided it was time to decorate it. A smile tugged at her lips as the pink haired girl slipped further into the market, eyes hungrily roving around as she sought out her target, that object that called to her.

Objective: [member="Asaraa Vaashe"]
Goal: Constant Vigilance

She had been having some fun since the saber course... the class had been different but she had made a new friend in Asaraa the two of them had seemed to have similar interests at least... and shopping. To keep the young padawan at the ready though she was going to surprise her with the move. A jedi had to be aware of their surrounding and well she did like shopping... so this was kind of like two birds one stone sort of thing. She just had to do the hard part and get the drop on the jedi as she was stalking around. Hair in a ponytail and ultrachrome sleeveless shirt on. It gleamed and reflected the light around herself. Going down to her pants that had similar plates on them. She moved and took off at a run towards her. "SUPER AWESOME SECRET ATRISIAN JEDI SURPRISE ATTACK NUMBER TWENTY SEVEN." She jumped up holding her arms out to try and wrap them around Asaraa and get on her back but not harm her. She had the force to cushion the impact but wanted to test her situational awareness... and shop for cute things

There was quite a bit on offer at the stand, much of which looked quite delicious. Errreembuhr prized comfort foods that were simple over more complex dishes, as did his sister, or at least she did from what he could recall. His nephew however seemed interested in what the sign said was called pho, and he would try some as well.

When it was their turn at the counter, and the Gungan asked what they'd like to order, the Wookiee replied, "We'll have two small orders of pho, please." He turned to his sister, silently beckoning her to make her order.

"Make that three," she said instead, taking him by surprise. "I'll try it too."

With a nod, he turned back to the Gungan. "Three, then."

[member="Ugohr Poof"]

Ugohr Poof

Objective: Street food
Directly interacting with: [member="Errreembuhr"]
In vicinity: [member="Tanaski Yumi"] [member="Aubrey King"] [member="Charlie"]

"Yoursa pho"

Small? Issa might be small by human/Near-Human standards, for Wookiees, itsa may as well be a child's portion, he thought, while serving the three bowls of pho to the three Wookiees on a single tray, realizing that a human's small portion may as well be extra-small to a Wookiee, while a large bowl would be a Wookiee's medium one. These three Wookiees would probably realize that the serving size may live up to its name and perhaps prove insufficient to fill their hunger in full unless they intend to go eat something else, be it at that food truck or another street food vendor. But by the time they would be done eating their respective pho bowls, it was entirely possible that Aubrey, Tana or someone else entirely, like [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] or [member="Kyoko Ike"] might be ahead of the Wookiees in the line. In the end, they would probably realize that they may still be hungry, but they should never ask for supersizing at all. Especially given the health issues associated with supersizing, and obesity, making headlines on some planets, such as... Balamak. Or Jelucan.

Objective: Talking
Nearby: [member="Errreembuhr"] - [member="Charlie"] - [member="Ugohr Poof"]

Tanasuki initially did not notice the fact the gungan was running a food store, but soon the aroma of food wafted into his nose, mouth starting to water, for the moment forgetting about the other occupants currently seated at the stall. "You know, I would make a joke Charlie about you and food, but I now know jokes are not to you taste and all, but I can say one thing, that smells nice, what is it", he asked the gungan, while still keeping focus on the smol. At the moment unable to understand the Wookies nearby and their conversation, but even if he did that was a private conversation of a family, not something to but in on willy nilly.

What seemed strange though was the definite force signature coming from the store owner, it was strong, perhaps a master? Tana would have questioned such a position but hanging around the Ike family and Sasori for so long Jedi masters owning businesses did not seem like a rare occurrence these days. Though a street stall food stand was still a new instance to bear witness to.

Being at the festival lifted Reggie's spirits even more. He was usually always in a good mood, but the farm gave him a greater sense of peace. He saw many people having their pictures taken by the beautiful trees, everyone with smiles on their faces and just having a good time. It was nice. One thing that caught his attention was [member="Theodosius Organa"], a man he has never seen before, on one knee with his hand on the ground. His hand was glowing, which made his curiosity appear.

Reggie walked over to the man with a friendly smile, getting ready to greet him.

"Hello there!"

[member="Kyoko Ike"]

If there was one great thing about the force it was that feeling like the hair on the back of your neck rising, the premonition of coming danger as she just reacted as she’d been trained to. Without thinking the padawan leant backwards, swaying in place as she raised one hand to deflect the path of the flying woman, pushing her friend aside in mid-air as the wind from the passing woman sent her hair fluttering in the breeze. “You know, if you keep doing that you’re going to end up hitting someone or breaking something,” she teased playfully as she straightened, reaching up to tuck an errant strand of hair behind one ear. “You didn’t really think I’d make it that easy for you did you…you kinda stand out just a little bit,” the last was said with a wink and a grin at the Atrisian.

[member="Asaraa Vaashe"]

Kyoko looked at her as she landed and was listening before straightening up. Turning around to look at her with a smile on her face. Hair in a tight ponytail when she spoke. "Maybe, but if I break something I will have you there to nurse me back to health now won't I. Giving me soup, tucking me in, helping me around the room, sponge baths." She said it moving next to her though when they could look around. "And you stand out a little as well cutie." Kyoko said it and moved one arm to try and pull her inot a hug so she could play with a few strands of her hair. She had polished her ultrachrome plates to reflect everything when checking it out. "So what are we geting huh? Something adorable to wear... oh no something to eat... some food that is tempting and scintillatingly succulent you want to blindfold me or have me blindfold me to feed... hmmm." SHe said it and was looking around though. "But I may have a special gift for you when we get back to the rest. Something super special you are going to enjoy."

"Thank you very much," the wookiee said to [member="Ugohr Poof"] as their food came up.

While the portions they ordered were indeed small, Errreembuhr figured that if they enjoyed it they would be back for more. This was more or less a sampling for him and his family. They took their orders, moving out of the line to give the other behind them their space to order. Benches nearby were their destination, and they took seats together as Errreembuhr sniffed his bowl.

"So this is..."

"Meat, noodles, and vegetables," Iakchi replied, slurping down some of the broth. "It's what the sign said."

Errreembuhr took a moment, looking over the broth, before slurping it his own and biting on a piece of meat. He let out a pleased grunt as he kept eating, finishing it all within a minute. It was definitely a meal he could enjoy, from the taste of it.

Ugohr Poof

Objective: Street food
Directly interacting with: [member="Tanaski Yumi"]
In vicinity: [member="Errreembuhr"] [member="Aubrey King"] [member="Charlie"]

"Disen Phu pho; yousa want some? Choose between small, medium, large and extra-large" he told Tana while it was his turn to be in the line.

Not it was all too clear why those Wookiees wanted to order the small size first: they wanted to sample it first. Clearly they were back for more. But it was no longer a question of covering fixed, much less variable, expenses for the Gungan: it was a question of net profits by now. Were disen lines becomin so long dat balkin or renegin become a possibility? he thought, while nervously watching the waiting line grow in length. Long enough perhaps for balking or reneging to become a possibility. And he must also keep a close watch on the ingredient supplies. The game was on indeed, and pho accounted for the vast majority of orders and revenues today. Food, oh food, he had come to realize that, in the food world, fads were all too common, one day it was the Skor cake, now it would be pho, and even he couldn't tell what was going to be next. Perhaps fads lasted longer in the food world than there would be in the fashion world, but only a handful of customers still wanted to have Skor cake with their pho - most of them were filled with the pho alone.

Yuroic had finished his time on the hill. Allowing himself peace with the views and the life that existed there. Strolling slowly back to civilised life, Yuroic looked around the market. Interested to see what wares were available. He hoped a little that there might be things that could help with his latest project. However, most of what was being sold were trinkets and food, neither of which posed much interest to him at the moment. He noted the presence of a couple of familiar faces and a were more that were not as familiar. Yuroic didn't pursue a conversation, he decided to keep himself busy with window shopping. In the background, the music festival was ongoing, the music was not his particular taste but he could tell they were talented nevertheless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom