Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Umgul and the Chocolate Factory | CIS Dominion of Umgul

Obj3.png
Wearing: Clothes | Pathfinder Boots | The Forgemaster's Ring | Ring of Stasis | Sofitor
Wielding: 3 Czerka knives | 1 Nastirci Combat Knives | 2 Dissuader K-30 Pistols with Glitter Bullets
Tags: [member="Krystal Estain"] [member="Chikako Liona"]
x7K6md.png
Scherezade gave the younger (was she? Damnit this is a tricky thing to write) an encouraging nod, and moments later the two of them were inside the little shop. While Krystal took a surprisingly tiny amount of moments to get dressed into that eye-gouging outfit, the Sithling browsed the racks and shelves, looking to see if there was anything that might catch her attention. She spotted some very form fitting dresses that she knew her sister would absolutely love, but for herself… Not so much. It was a shame, really, since she was half sure that the fashion line was supposed to be famous or something like that.

"That's… So you!" she managed to say with what she sincerely hoped was a warm smile. Really, Krystal looked happy in it, so who was Scherezade to erase a smudge off that grin? Besides, she did genuinely like the shoes, even if she herself tended to wear combat boots every single day. It was important; especially when she was not wearing armor and there was limited space in which she could conceal her weapons. But maybe in private, if she had that special someone next to whom she did not need concealed weapons, she would've gone for something like those pink shoes.

As the two came across [member="Chikako Liona"], Scherezade's eyes narrowed while she watched the Echani. It was true that all Echani looked alike, but she thought she could tell them apart well enough by now, considering the sheer numbers of them that seemed to populate both the Confederacy and the Silvers. And there was something about this one that felt very familiar, but she couldn't quite locate her finger on it. Had they met before? Did her body remember the scent from the time it was her sister that walked in it? Her accent and sentence structure were strange to Scherezade's ear and she wasn't sure she understood what she was trying to ask – which was why it was a good thing Krystal stepped in and answered.

The three of them were apparently going to embark on a sugary adventure. "Sure," she said with a frown.

Frankly, Scherezade wasn't really a person of sugary things. She didn't enjoy sweets, or chocolate, or any of those things. On occasion, she did enjoy salty snaccs… Of which she was more than certain that she would have no trouble finding once they went into the little shops.

"I think I saw an interesting place a block to that direction," she said with a grin, motioning for the other two to follow.

Obj3.png

Objective: Walk around
Peps: [member="[/FONT][FONT='times new roman'][COLOR=rgb(235,235,235)]Krystal Estain"][/COLOR] is around [member="Scherezade deWinter"]

The princess focus on the blonde women made her almost miss the green eyed person to their side, Chikako passing a quick glance while looking upon Krystal, "An excuse for shopping tis not something I need, but if you wish to say as much feel free". After all who was going to reprimand the princess over her actions? Besides this little, 'adventure' was for the good of her people, not some personal endeavor to have fun and teat ones taste buds, "thou shall lead the way"? Even if the blonde women was new around here like herself jading from the bags she had in hand it was not hard to tell they were in the middle of shopping.

"Ah, I supposeth I should introduce myself before we begin, my name is Chikako Liona, Vicory of Tythe, tis a pleasure to meet you both", the princess complimenting her greeting with curtsy. "Art thou able to tell me yours? Tis would make talking easier if we are to make roundeth trips unto the shoppes". Her voice mainly being directed at the blonde women, herself already somewhat recognizing deWinters, or at least she assumed this one was deWinters, the story around that Madalena person was still confusing, there didn't seem to be much public information on the matter

"Would you be coming too"? The young princess asked, directing her gaze towards aforementioned women, wondering about their reasoning fir being here.

Krystal

Smart girls don't win by being polite.
[SIZE=9pt]Objective: Explore the City[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Wearing: [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Sparkles[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Tags: [member="Scherezade deWinter"] || [member="Chikako Liona"] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]~~~~~[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Krystal… didn’t really need an excuse for shopping. She still had trouble wrapping her head around it -- she still felt a little guilty walking around and throwing credits, when just a few years ago she lacked even what she needed to help her younger siblings. But no. She earned this money (in mostly legal ways) and she would spend it. On herself. No guilt. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]She nodded at Scherezade, who would lead the way to the boutique she had seen earlier (Krystal thought she may know the one Scherezade had seen, but she wasn’t a hundred percent sure). Krystal’s sense of direction was mediocre at best, and at worst would lead them in circles right to the home of an angry wookie who did [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]not [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]appreciate trespassers (definitely not learned from experience). So yes, Scherezade would certainly lead the way. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]So she was a politics-type. [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Krystal mostly knew that already, for the woman did not have the appearance of a soldier of the Confederacy, but a Viceroy was… well, Krystal wasn’t too well studied on the Confederate levels of rule, but that sounded fancy. “I’m Krystal. Archivist with the Knights Obsidian. And it’s nice to meet you too.” She suppressed a smile at Chikako’s curtsy. It seemed to fit the woman’s overly proper manner and way of speaking. Krystal would allow Scherezade to make her own introduction, and then respond to woman -- “of course! I’d never pass it up.” [/SIZE]

WEARING: OVERALLS
WIEDLING: NOTHING
TAGS: [member="Taramaz Laurs"]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lyra was so excited.

It had been so long since her dad had taken her somewhere actually fun -- camping in the freezing cold so didn't count -- that she had been looking forward to it since the offer had been extended to the members of the Confederacy. And since she was finally old enough to enlist in the Knights Obsidian, she was coming for the first time as a full fledged member of her own.

She was practically pulling her father to the entrance of the chocolate factory, and a smile lit up her face as the small man pressed a chocolate bar into her hand. A golden ticket? That would be crazy cool. Lyra's imagination couldn't begin to picture what lay behind those heavy, bright doors that led to the chocolate factory, and she sure as hell wasn't going to wait to find out. She carried a small purse with all her pocket credits and wore a new pair of overalls she had just bought the day before, when they had first landed on Umgul. They were a little more flashy than Lyra's usual outfit, but that was perfectly fine -- after all, what's the point of touring a chocolate wonderland if you don't look the part, too?

She paused for just a moment before the grand doors, and spun to face her father.

"You planning on coming in sometime today?"

IsjtD39.png

Wearing: Casual wear, double bladed lightsaber, decorative blindfold.
Mental state: Boredom and slight amusement at the pink creature
Tag: [member="Cali Ziiva"]

8wDTtQq.png

Oh goodness, she’s seen me. Xobos knew that the interaction was coming the moment the pair’s eyes met and the pink alien began to make her way to the Miraluka’s direction. She could practically feel her entire body tensing up, knowing that the interaction was coming, though she forced her face to have stoic feeling, her lips curled into a straight line. Hopefully she could end this interaction quick enough and would still be out of this kriffing place before too much longer.

For now however, she watched with her useless eyes at the motions of the pink alien, and couldn’t help but smile slightly, the edges of her lips curling upward a bit at her curious motions and words. Ora seemingly agreed with her, speaking in that soft tone that she typically came into Xobos’s mind with. “This creature is quite…fascinating. How could someone have this much positive energy?” The exarch’s apprentice mentally shrugged, instead opting to continue to listen and look where the alien did, allowing her to dictate the flow of the conversation momentarily.

When the alien had finished, Xobos let out a small chuckle in response, raising an eyebrow in the direction of the other woman. She responded, smile still peaking at the edge of her lips. “Now..I wouldn’t say that. I am just here to see a few things. The name’s Xobos, by the way.” The miraluka crossed her arms, head tilting to the side as she looked the woman up and down, curiously, before continuing to speak. “Though by how you’ve been acting all tour, I’m sure you’d disagree with me. What even are you, anyway? I don’t think I’ve ever had the…” She paused, trying to find the right word to describe what meeting Cali even was, with Ambrus and Ora giving their unhelpful examples in her mind. “Exasperation.” “Frustration.” Xobos kept those thougths from reaching her lips, instead continuing with a much nicer version. “..pleasure of meeting someone from your species.”

8wDTtQq.png

Obj1.png
Wearing: Purple Learther Sports Bra, Black Pants
Motivation: Chocolate Chocolate Chocolate

Bright eyes peered intently at the Miraluka's blindfold as Cali waited a response to her gleeful inquiry. Oh, yes, there was trouble brewing within Xobos. Not good trouble. Bad trouble. Conflict. Boredom. Annoyance. The last one was her fault, but she didn't make that connection. Telepathy wasn't necessary when a Zeltron was on the case; emotions were an open book to them. Usually because the visual contents of other peoples' holoterminals kept flickering on the Zeltron's holoterminal -- it was insanely distracting if they weren't happy thoughts.

"Xobos," Cali echoed slowly as she studied the way that felt on her lips. "That's a cute name." Made her pucker her lips twice, maybe her family wanted her to be a people-person too!

Then it was the pink one's turn to flop her head to one side as she continued to stare at Xobos. "What am I?" What? "Like, you totally haven't meant a Zeltron before? Oh, my goddess," both of her hands popped up and gently rest atop Xobos' folded arms, "we are the most fun people anywhere. Ask anyone. The biggest, most comfortable, most luxurious parties you will ever see. All the time. Fun and excitement is what we Zeltrons do. It's a matter of pride for us that we take care of our visitors' -- and each other's -- every need. No one can leave Zeltros without a smile on their face and the weight of the galaxy lifted from their shoulders." That some people somehow condensed all of it down to 'they have sex with everyone' was a bit of a mystery. Like, yeah, why wouldn't they have sex if they chose to with someone they liked, but that wasn't the important part. Being happy was the important part.

"But, uh," Cali's rump wiggled a bit, "I don't think I've met someone like you either. Miraluka, right?" A smile spread across her dark, pink lips. People said Xobos' kind were blind, but could see with the Force. That sounded different. What did that look like? Could Xobos see the Zeltron's big smile and the excitement gleaming in her eyes at meeting someone new?

"Why don't we look around together? It's a big factory, and chocolate is better enjoyed with company," she declared. Then again, everything was better with company from a Zeltron's point of view.

Tag: [member="Xobos Yakieer"]

IsjtD39.png

Mental state: Less amusement, more intrigue at this so called zeltron

8wDTtQq.png

The pink one’s first sentence caught the Miraluka off guard a bit. She had been called many things over the past few months since she was taken from Roon. Monster, killer, mutant. Cute certainly was almost the exact opposite of anything that she had heard. So much so, Xobos didn’t know much how to react. The word, “thanks..” rolled off her tongue as she continued to observe the curiously happy creature.

Then the miraluka’s question landed, and the Zeltron reached out to touch her. This, of course, was very unexpected as well, and her voices quickly echoed her own slight discomfort at the physical contact. “She’s touching you…” Ambrus said, which Xobos silently nodded in agreement with, while her head swam in trying to keep up with everything Cali was saying. It was as if this species was imbued with a happiness, a comfort, that could never be taken, and their very being existed in it. And if the Miraluka was honest with herself, it might be nice to keep this creature around. If at least momentarily.

When the question were directed at her, she couldn’t help but smile lightly as she spoke for the first time in seemingly forever. “Miraluka, yes. And..before you ask, yes. Blind. I see through the force.” In fact, her vision might not be too much different than the Zeltrons. She was able to see colors, shapes, and the only real difference was that she could practically see the essence of the force waving off someone, almost as if they were steaming mist. Those that had a stronger connection to the force created more ‘steam.’ Cali, to Xobos’s surprise, had more than most people, signifying her stronger connection. Perhaps she was some kind of jedi? Or grey force user?

This was enough to make the miraluka wish to stay with the Zeltron, if not just out of curiosity about where she fell on the spectrum of force users. Even if she had a mission to complete, one would certainly lead to some less than desired results if she failed, keeping this curious creature around to learn more about her was worth it in some respects. With a nod, and a motion of her hand, Xobos began to make her way to the front of the group, pushing past the other tour goers on her way toward the labs of the chocolate factory. “C’mon then. I need to find a very special kind of chocolate. You game, pink lady?” Xobos was going to go whether or not Cali followed her, though, the miraluka inwardly hoped the woman would follow her on this new chocolate adventure.

8wDTtQq.png

Taramaz Arcturus

T
RHgj5Iu.png
Wearing: Suit
Wielding: Blood of the Count
Tags: [member="Lyra Laurs"]​
QcrMjUZ.png
Taramaz marvelled at the large doors as they approached. It had been so long since he'd been able to be a child, since he'd been able to feel that excitement. It reminded him of a trip his own parents had taken him on as a child. His train of thought was cut short, however, as his Daughter grew impatient. He fell back into a trance, his body carrying him in without a second thought. His head was tilted back, looking up at all the marvellous and amazing sites. He then snapped back to reality, with a bar of chocolate in his hand, in a room of chocolate fountains. He then grabbed his daughter's wrist, tugging on it as he headed over to a dairy milk chocolate fountain, a flavour named Cadbury.

"Comeoncomeoncomeoncomeon! Also, remind me not to book a two star hotel. Bed was karked."

He then looked at her, then around at the relatively unpopulated part of the room they were in. He then plunged his head under one of the openings, letting the chocolate pour into his mouth, his purple and red eyes lit up in pure joy. He hadn't had chocolate in decades, not since he was a teenager, not even seventeen. Back in the days where he was so innocent...

He then pulled his head back, licking chocolate off his lips. He turned to look at his daughter

"I do not regret coming here. I know I said I would, but I take it back. This is amaziing!!!"

Taramaz Arcturus

T
RHgj5Iu.png
Wearing: Suit
Wielding: Blood of the Count
Tags: [member="Lyra Laurs"]​
QcrMjUZ.png
Taramaz marvelled at the large doors as they approached. It had been so long since he'd been able to be a child, since he'd been able to feel that excitement. It reminded him of a trip his own parents had taken him on as a child. His train of thought was cut short, however, as his Daughter grew impatient. He fell back into a trance, his body carrying him in without a second thought. His head was tilted back, looking up at all the marvellous and amazing sites. He then snapped back to reality, with a bar of chocolate in his hand, in a room of chocolate fountains. He then grabbed his daughter's wrist, tugging on it as he headed over to a dairy milk chocolate fountain, a flavour named Cadbury.

"Comeoncomeoncomeoncomeon! Also, remind me not to book a two star hotel. Bed was karked."

He then looked at her, then around at the relatively unpopulated part of the room they were in. He then plunged his head under one of the openings, letting the chocolate pour into his mouth, his purple and red eyes lit up in pure joy. He hadn't had chocolate in decades, not since he was a teenager, not even seventeen. Back in the days where he was so innocent...

He then pulled his head back, licking chocolate off his lips. He turned to look at his daughter

"I do not regret coming here. I know I said I would, but I take it back. This is amaziing!!!"

Obj1.png
Wearing: Purple Learther Sports Bra, Black Pants
Motivation: Chocolate Chocolate Chocolate

The Zeltron's voice dropped an octave at Xobos' statement, "What?" It didn't take half the time it had Xobos for Cali to get through the crowd. "Chocolate is serious business, Xobos. Like, I'd smack a Sith Lord if he tried eating my chocolate serious. And then I'd stare at him as I devoured it." Such a statement would be for obvious comedic effect, except there was no giggle that followed. A smile, yes, but then there were problems if a Zeltron were frowning.

"So," Cali purred, "what's this 'very special kind' of chocolate you're looking for? Sounds like it isn't something on the open market. Some kind of custom order?" Her feet left the ground and she bounced partially in Xobos' way, eyes large as saucers, "Wait, are you connected?" Like, Xobos had some line of dialogue with people that made chocolate? That would blow a Chocolate-obsessed Pink Girl's mind. Maybe there was hope of establishing business relations after all! Hey, death by coa coa was a form of unusual means of destruction, was Cali not right? She was right. The cargo would totally arrive too. At least the wrappers.

A quick swoon followed as Xobos had Cali's complete and undivided attention at this point. Run as fast as she might there was no hope of ditching her new pink companion. The chocolate demanded it. Although, even if there wasn't chocolate the woman herself would have been enough. Something was up with the Miraluka and Cali didn't believe in taking the easy way out. Wasn't like she was on a schedule. It was like a day off. Couldn't make it a lunch break because Cali would probably end up clutching her stomach before the day was out. That was the plan anyway. 'Course, Xobos might be able to slow her consumption down a bit with conversation; might be able to eat her chocolate and feel great afterward too!

Tag: [member="Xobos Yakieer"]

Obj3.png
Objective: Lighten the Vicelord's Wallet​
Tag: [member="Darth Metus"]​
The demands of an advisor to the Vicelord of the Confederacy dictated that the former Viceroy of Manda make her way to many of the heavily populated planets that were welcomed into the fold. Umgul was to be no exception. Though, unlike the last few, she'd the rounds to visit, the casually attired blonde ensured that she was attended by the man himself.

The morning had been spent visiting several areas outside of the city; farms and small villages, working to get an idea of the exports and general lay of the land. The evening would be spent speaking to some of the heads of state for Umgul itself, learning as much as she could about their culture and their needs upon joining the CIS. The afternoon, however, she had kept purposefully clear to spend some time exploring the city, and grab some lunch with the Vicelord.

After a quick bite in a local cafe, Valencia had suggested that they explore the shopping district specifically, and was delighted to find [member="Darth Metus"] agreeable to her plan. She'd ordered the pair to-go cups of tea each and strolled along the main thoroughfare, one hand dug deep into the pocket of her hooded jacket, the other wrapped around the steaming cup of tea. The numerous shops that lined either side of the walk-way had the doors thrown open to invite shoppers to enter - and though the pair strolled passed most, there was one shop in particular that caught the woman's eye.

The hand slid from within her pocket as she reached across the short distance between them and curled fingers lightly around the top of his arm, motioning with the hand that held the cup towards a quaint bookstore. A gentle smile curled at the edges of her lips as she slowed to a stop and turned to look up at him. "I don't suppose I can convince you to let me wander around a book store for a few minutes?"

Obj3.png

Objective: Spoil Her Rotten​
Tag: [member="Valencia Hadley"]​

Though they would never admit as much publicly, it had been far too long.

Eshan had been the hammer which thundered upon the status quo. In the months prior, the Vicelord had chosen for himself an advisor who had proven herself capable. She had started from nothing, just as he, and came to lead an entire world. Upon her shoulders once rested the burden of millions of lives - and she bore that weight with poise and strength. Darth Metus had chosen her to be the whisper of the people. So often it seemed that he was leagues away from the trillions he served, but hearkening to the voice of one much closer was a valuable step in ensuring he was representing them well. Over time, he could truly say he trusted Valencia Hadley. In fact, one could say that he thoroughly enjoyed her company.

Yet when the flames of war ignited, those quiet evenings when the work was done came to a close. The chatter over glasses of Idlewil, the banter, the extracurriculars - all were put to the wayside. The priority was seeing to the Confederacy's victory. And, when the dust had settled, sorting out the aftermath. For the Vicelord, that entailed a bigger war than the one fought upon the Echani homeworld: appeasing the Viceroyalty. For his advisor...following the Sith to Eshan had changed her priorities altogether. To be of greater use to the Confederacy, she'd say, she wanted to be stronger. To be more than a force in the political realm, but one that can actually take up the sword. One that would not be in peril if another Eshan erupted into being.

And thus, their spare moments came to revolve around cultivating her budding potential. With poise and strength, she tackled the challenge of learning the Sith's ways. But her quest saw the stewardship of Manda passed to a successor. In the present, things had, thankfully, slowed down just a tad. There was yet war on the horizon - but for a brief span of time, the Vicelord felt as though things were returning to "normal." Typical matters, such as being present for the entrance of new worlds into the Confederate fold, began to occur once more for the pair. And there were even a few moments to chat over tea bubbling up on the regular. However, with the entrance of Umgul into the congregation, an opportunity arose that was exceedingly rare.

An afternoon to simply...browse.

It all began with a stellar lunch at a local cafe and, at present, culminated with a warm to-go cup in the Sith's dominant hand. Together they strolled the bustling streets of the world's capital, taking in the sights and sounds. For a few moments, idle chatter bounced between the pair - until Valencia placed her fingers upon the top of his arm. Pausing mid-sip, Darth Metus followed her raised cup as it indicated a hole-in-the-wall bookstore. Just when you thought you knew someone. He was certain she would have paused for the finer things first, such as the jewelry store three doors down...but, he'd never say no to that smile. "Well, I suppose we could poke around for a little bit." came his reply, alive with amusement. He then offered her his arm in true, "gentlemanly" fashion. "Shall we?"

Together, entering the quaint bookstore would result in the chime of a bell upon the door. That in of itself was a testament to how stark a contrast the establishment was to the rest of the city. For where there was technology and modern living just outside its walls, the store was a reflection of a much simpler era. The smell of paper hung in the air as they entered. And the atmosphere was the definition of calm. While small, the Sith could easily have been convinced to poke around there for more than a few minutes - though he hadn't said as much out loud. Offering a nod to the aproned shopkeep in the rear, Darth Metus followed his advisor's steps down the first aisle. Absently, he spotted a book on Western Galactic Cuisine and took it into his grasp.

Whilst inspecting the cover, he asked in a quiet, library-appropriate tone: "Have you thought of going back?" he began. "To Manda." He wasn't referring to her apartment on the world, but rather the mantle she had left behind.

Obj3.png
Objective: Find a Gem​
While it was true that much of the last few months had been spent working to remove all the polish that the human woman had spent a lifetime accumulating upon her station in life, it was hard to just drop much of the things that she'd so deeply ingrained into herself. She'd become quite the shot with a blaster, taken up the Vicelord's offer to create a lightsaber for herself, and in more recent weeks she'd learned to use that power that gave her such sweetly honeyed tones and put it to much more lethal use. Her tutor had been correct when he'd surmised that there was power in her beyond what she'd originally imagined - and with more time she assumed there would be further advancement into the world she'd only caught glimpses of when that sickly sweet power filled the space inside of herself that she'd come to understand as darkness.

All of that seemed so distant as she walked along street with Metus at her side though. He may have been the one to be leading her along this path, but he was also her greatest distraction, and today he was one she welcomed. As she lead him into the bookstore and heard the soft tinkle of the chime above their heads it was hard for her to imagine the training that they'd most assuredly be required to attend to once they were off world once more. There was a soft, wordless melody that played over the small shops sound system, and it loaned a gentle sense of calm and serene over the tiny space that was only aided by the afternoon sunlight spilled through the windows at the shops front. It was as though the little shop was from a time long lost in the world the pair often found themselves in.

Certainly books weren't a rarity in the galaxy; there were always going to be worlds where technology wasn't as prevalent, and always those that preferred to have the feeling of smooth, print covered pages at their fingertips. Manda may not have been a planet where books were in abundance, but there was, as Metus would recall, a small bookshelf in the living-room of the former Viceroy's abode. Her collection was not an impressive one by any means, but the woman had a deep seeded love for the printed word - and one that she very rarely got to indulge.

As the pair strode through the aisles that smelled so thoroughly of paper, Valencia found it Sith in training found it nigh impossible to keep the crooked grin from her lips. Though, as the Vicelord inquired about Manda and her role there she got the impression he was going to do his best to wipe that grin clear. She glanced over her shoulder, giving a soft toss of the blonde mass of hair that remained unmarred by the side shave that covered half her head. Crystal clear blue eyed met his own for only a moment before she dipped her gaze back to the shelves on either side of them, noting he'd snatched up a cook book.

"Of course I've considered going back... I'll cop to your training methods being a fair bit kinder than Cayde's." She reached out her hand as they spoke, the tips of her bare nails gently trading the spines of the books they strolled passed, her eyes dragging down each as she discerned their contents. "But I don't know that I would be the leader that they need me to be - not anymore... My mind isn't the finely honed machine required for politics that it once was. I think it would do them a disservice to have me as their Viceroy now." She gave him another quick glance and smile as she continued down the aisle, spotting a small collection of what appeared to be particularly old volumes near the counter and beginning to make her way towards them.

Obj3.png

In truth...her response was the furthest thing from what he had anticipated.

He would have been surprised, of course, if the woman before him had not placed any thought to returning to Manda. Even if he had not gotten to know the graceful soul on a personal level, the tale of her dossier rivaled every tome surrounding them. From the research undertaken prior to their first meeting that lovely afternoon...Valencia was a woman of ambition. Beyond her potential in the Force, within her was a seed that she had painfully cultivated over a lifetime of hardship. She, like few others in the political realm, had literally clawed herself up the social ladder. Each rung required years of effort and exquisite planning - all to arrive at the apex of planetary leadership. There were few stations that could rival such a mantle in the Galaxy.

And yet, there was doubt.

As the former politician spoke her thoughts, the Sith held his peace for the moment. In a move that would raise eyebrows, he relinquished his grasp of the to-go mug - a fact that normally would have created quite the disrespectful mess in such a place. However, a meager whim suspended the vessel of spiced tea in the air. It stood there obediently whilst the Vicelord turned his attention to the cookbook in his grasp. His fingers flipped open the hard cover and immediately sped through the contents in a blur. A glorified skim here and there, pausing to appreciate a particularly vibrant photograph or two. It seemed as though the people of the Western Reaches had a flair for the exotic - but it was far too out there for his tastes. He'd try the dishes at least once abroad, but never concoct them in his own kitchen.

With his brief parousal concluded, the cookbook snapped closed within his hand before being returned to the shelf. His beverage was then secured safely in his offhand before he settled his sights upon her. "What can I say? I like you." he began, choking up the differences between his and his subordinate's teaching styles to a matter of affection. Though, she would be able to tell from his tone that he was joking - as that light-hearted edge had yet to depart. However, just as her smile...waned ever so slightly at the thought of returning to Manda, the mirth in his tone eroded as he mulled over his next words. Frankly, if just seemed...well, he didn't see what she saw. Nor did he feel what she felt.

And a small part of him was glad for it. He had, through his Echani apprentice, become accustomed to having a persistent river of understanding present. Whenever there were fears and doubts, he'd know before anything could be said. Trust was absolute - as there was never a secret between the Master and Apprentice. Nor could there be, truly. Conversely, with Valencia, every truth was earned through trust. Every moment of vulnerability or genuine opinion was something to be appreciated. Valued. The fact that she felt this way, after all she had done to arrive at her station, was truly a testament to how changed she had become over their time together.

He took a step closer, using a book over her shoulder as an excuse. He reached out, plucking the graphic novel off the shelf before inspecting the rear for a moment. "Just because you are out of practice does not mean you would not be the leader they need." The baritone of his voice was even. And most importantly, genuine. "You've seen and experienced the true face of war. Mastered new talents and rose to every challenge I've thrown at you. In essence, you've honed and flexed new muscles. But the mind and the grit that saw you become a Viceroy? It's still there." His lips curved into a smile at the thought. "After all, you advise me all the time - it takes one hell of a political mind to navigate my chitshow. Don't you think?"

He paused, disinterest in the novel showing in his expression briefly. He chose instead a memoir of a long deceased philosopher. "So...what do you feel is different? What's stopping you from returning to Manda?"

Obj3.png
Objective: Find a Gem​
He didn't see what she saw... But in the end, that made sense.

What had changed in the woman went a good deal deeper than the change to her hair and wardrobe. Sure, she loved the new clothes and the side shave seemed to suit her well enough - but these cosmetic changes came as a reflection of something that ran far deeper. What happened to her, and the actions she'd taken to cope with that, had dramatically shifted her focus. There was no doubt in her that, should she choose to, she could turn her attentions back to Manda and be an adequate leader to the people there. Nothing that had happened to her would stop her from being a prudent politician, and one who was capable of providing the planet with the guidance and protection it would require in the times to come... That wasn't all a politician should truly be however.

The people who lead Eshan, the people who had the planet's best interests in mind and had positioned them to a place of power and great wealth... Those people had stood helpless in the wake of what the Mandalorian's had wrought - and just as unable to protect themselves from the whatever future plans the united clans had in store for them. Valencia could, and perhaps in time would, be am effective leader - but a planet was no longer the platform for her. If she was going to affect change on the scale she planned to, a planet was not going to be enough. One floating rock in a galaxy of rocks wasn't going to cut it.

Graceful and silent steps had carried the woman to books she'd spotted near the counter, and the woman bent at the knees to crouch before the collection of aged texts. The variety was wondrous. Fictions, biographies, fables, anthologies... It warmed her heart to see it. Her to-go cup was gently placed on the floor at her feet as she settled onto the balls of her feet and started to dance her hands along the books, her eyes following as she sought out something to catch her interests. One particular book seemed to hold some promise, and she plucked it from the shelf with a gentle tug. Scooping up her cup once more and stranding tall, the blonde turned to face her Master once more and offered him another of those warm smiles, strolling back to where he stood before he reached over her shoulder to pluck a graphic novel from the shelf.

His question was a fair one, and she knew that he was too much of a gentleman to push passed the pitiful barriers she had put up around her own mind to try and keep prying eyes away from her private thoughts. She gently leaned back against the shelves behind her, clutching the book she'd selected to her chest as she watched him pretend to be interested in the novel in his hands. "I assume the same thing that keeps you from just reclining at home on Ryloth with your family. I have seen too much of what lays beyond the simple trappings of hearth and home." She watched him intently as she spoke, curious as to what he'd think of her next words. "Manda isn't enough anymore. My mind would not do it a fair service while I was constantly thinking on a much larger scale." A small tilt of her head as she regarded him was the only indication she gave that she was curious.

"Would you be content with simply having a planet under your control now? After all you've seen? After all you've had at your disposal?"

Obj3.png

The wisdom of ages past rested beneath his fingers.

And with the simple turn of the cover, the Sith indulged himself with a few glimpses of an ancient mindset. The author himself had been deceased since before the Darkness, and thus the recorded work was something of a rarity. A nugget of history somehow maintained despite the Galaxy falling apart during that era. The passage skimmed under sulfuric eyes spoke of strategem during war - but through a philosophical lens. It was less about the how and more about the why. In essence, how war itself was an artform - and like any art, it could be mastered. At first, the tome had been plucked up in mock interest, but as the seconds rolled by Darth Metus found his eyebrow raising inquisitively. A glance at the rear of the book also showed that the price was right...

He looked up in time to find that warm smile offered by his blonde companion. She seemed so content in the shop, to the point where she hugged a book to her chest. Over the course of their time together, Darth Metus hadn't known the depths of Valencia's affections for physical media. But her appreciation was being laid bare the longer they browsed the bookstore. He couldn't help but utter a light chuckle at the sight, smirk and all. And as she spoke again, answering his questions, he clung fast to every word. Suffice it to say, he certainly did not understand initially. Yet, as she clarified, her perspective made sense.

The former politician was not looking upon her mind as lacking the ability to lead. Far from it. She knew and acknowledged the fact that, if she so chose, she could return and be just as effective now as she had been. Yet, she raised an excellent point when she mentioned Ryloth. He could simply reside at home in his fortress with his loved ones - but there was no way he would ever be able to do so. After leading the Mandalorian people in one lifetime and guiding democracies in another...retiring to the quiet of a desert planet when the Galaxy was in its current state would not do. His mind would always be on edge, always waiting for the next calamity. Always bracing for the next storm. And without the mantle of the present, he would he powerless to do anything about it.

And when that reality popped into his mind, he understood. A slow nod was offered to the woman as it all finally clicked together. Valencia had been on Eshan when the battle took place. Seen firsthand that the very best the planet could muster wasn't enough. She could return to Manda, yes. She could lead her people and stockpile its defenses. She could do her absolute best to brace her world for whatever storm laid on the horizon. But in the end, a single world could never repulse a nation - not without an act of divine intervention. How could she serve in earnest when her mind is always on the horizon? How could she return to the mantle, knowing that her best there wouldn't be enough?

"Heavy is the head that wears the crown." he began. The old saying fit like a glove given their current conversation. A step forward brought him closer, to which he punctuated his thoughts with a glance at the novel within her grasp. He then settled his eyes upon her face. "To be honest, I certainly wouldn't. I had the option, years ago, to do just that. To retire quietly and live out my days in peace. But, having once held the tools to bring about real change in the Galaxy...having once led a nation...I couldn't. That's how we got the Confederacy." His smirk returned to his lips at the close of his thoughts, a sprinkle of humor to keep the air between them light.

It was always said that men, as a trait, tended to desire to "fix" problems as soon as one is presented. At times this works wonders. At others, simply listening would suffice. In this moment, the Sith held true to that trait. There was an instant of thought as he recalled the whirlwind of meetings he had withstood up until this point. Amidst the Viceroyalty there was a need. One that had not been addressed to the present - but one that would affect each and every world within their borders. One that, potentially, could empower one to do more than just a planet's worth of good. The former politician had proven herself capable in the eyes of the Sith as is - for that was how she had become his advisor. Therefore... "Manda isn't enough, that I now understand."

"What if you had the power to act on that larger scale? To serve, not just one, but all our worlds? Is your mind well suited for that?" Of course it was. At least, if he was understanding her correctly, it was. "There is a need. One that has been budding within the Viceroyalty for quite some time now. One that, if addressed properly, would require a Ministry's worth of effort to satisfy..." He said not a word more, for a swig of his tea now occupied his mouth. It was now upon the former politician to determine her next move.

Obj3.png
Objective: Close the Deal​
Tag: [member="Darth Metus"]

Her pleasure was no small thing, watching as understanding dawned on the face of the Sith who stood before her.

The Vicelord had seen too many things to sit by, enjoying a simple life, watching from the sidelines where his influence would be limited and allowing those around him to decide his fate. Through no premeditation on his part, his own involvement in her life had lead her to very similar state. The simple invitation to join him in the relief effort on Eshan and the months that followed; watching the Confederacy thrown into war with the New Republic, and now with what she knew to be further battles looming... The thought of sitting behind her desk, draped in those expensive clothes, worrying over the state of the cities recycling programs? He was right - she could easily do it, but it would be a terrible waste.

What had once seemed like a place of power and influence would be a cage to her now. The former Viceroy had never been very good with cages.

Her eyes followed his own as they dipped down to look at the book she held against her chest, her lips parting to speak, but he continued on before she got the chance, confirming what she'd surmised. She gave a somber nod as he acknowledged that sitting safely inside of his fortress would be as much a prison for him as it would be for her. Though his next line of thinking was wholly unexpected and earned him a brow raise as that half-cocked smirk of hers played across her lips. Ministry?

As he raised the to-go cup to his lips she too moved her own cup, setting it gently on the shelf behind her before she turned back to him and plucked the book from his hands. She gently placed it atop her own volume as she examined the cover - something about the philosophy of battle. Well, at least it was on brand. She gave the cover one of her more gentle smiles before she turned pale blue eyes back to her companion.

"That sounds like a completely formulated plot you've got brewing up there, Vicelord. How about you wait here just a moment - and I'll be right back." She gave him a quick wink before she turned to collect her tea, taking a sip and striding passed him towards the counter at the rear of the shop. She carefully set the pair of books upon the counter and ensured she put herself between the Vicelord and the shop keep. He was a generous man, her Master, but she had been the one to suggest the book shop, and she wanted to keep the contents of her own purchase to herself a bit longer.

Collecting up the bag from the merchant with a smile and a muttered thank you she turned back to Metus and motioned once more with her cup to the entrance of the shop. "Come on - I could use a fresh tea and I'd love to hear more about this Ministry you're concocting. Assuming it's something to do with the people of the Confederacy I think that lands solidly where you've asked that I pop my nose into."

[SIZE=11pt]Objective: [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]Gamble, maybe win[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Tags: [member="Arlen Winslett"] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“Ah, you wanna story? Then kick back, get drunk, and gimme some cash when you lose too while you’re at it.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Putting her legs down, Keira leaned forward onto the table. Oh, could she spin up a story. A twirling little mixture of truths and lies to make it all the more exciting. A wide grin soon became plasted across the pilot’s face.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“Well you see, not to brag. I used to be an Imp pilot Ace. Flew my handful of battles, smashed a pirate fleet with me and my ol’ mates, flew on Csilla and smash the wannabes livin’ there, and flew dozen other times in all sorts of bantha crap. And ya’ see, Imps never really did give me much of a’ reward for that. Stingy lot they were. So ya’ know what I did? I went to the Imperial Palace and asked for a medal! Well. I didn’t get the medal. But, I got to play the Emperor in a game of Sabacc. And that’s how I earned my shiny fighter.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Keira soon grumbled something under her breath about losing that fighter on Rhen Var though.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“Ya’ ever seen how big that man is though? Could snap ya’ like a twig. Can’t play cards for the life of em’ though.”[/SIZE]

IsjtD39.png

Mental state: Less amusement, more intrigue at this so called zeltron

8wDTtQq.png

With the slapping a sith comment hanging in air Xobos couldn’t help but chuckle lightly, even if the Zeltron didn’t mean it as a joke. If there was one thing that the Miraluka had already learned at this point, was that this curious creature was extremely serious about her chocolate and sweets. And as crazy as it sounded, it was something that the apprentice could appreciate. Being so carefree as to love such a simple thing sounded quite nice honestly. And something that she could possibly see her getting on board with. At least, in practice. Maybe not with chocolate.

As the questions began to continue more and more, the Miraluka realized she had the creature’s full attention at this point. Smirking wide, she kept her slow, purposeful pace, knowing that her not being quicker would unsettle the poor creature even more. Something that even Ora noticed that Xobos was doing. “You evil thing…just give her what she wants, little master.” The unheard words from her mind’s voice had the Miraluka rolling her eyes, though she did begin to speak the moment the Zeltron allowed her to.

Well, I could say it’s a special order. More like…they’re making it for my master, for his…personal needs.” She shrugged lightly, trying not to sound too evil to the creature, admittedly not wanting to scare Cali off. The pair continued to walk, eventually making it to the back of the factory, close to where the laboratories would be producing the special chocolate with bacta.

Before they entered into the laboratory, Xobos stopped the Zeltron by placing a hand on her shoulder. She turned the alien, doing her best to look eye to…blind eye, with the taller pink woman. “Listen. You can come with me. For some kriff forsaken reason, I’m enjoying your company.” She gave her a small smile, before quickly raising a singular finger. “But! I do the talking to the scientists. My master won’t exactly be…happy I fail in this. Ok?” The miraluka kept her hand on the Zeltron’s shoulder, hoping that the woman understood how important this situation was, and that the apprentice was deadly serious.

8wDTtQq.png

Obj3.png

Formulated? Though her words had been punctuated by one of those playful winks, the Sith's brow yet furrowed. It might have looked quite humorous from where the former politician stood - for she would only see his eyebrows dipping and the bottom of the cup raising as he finished off his beverage. There was a low, dissatisfied noise which erupted from the Sith's tea filled mouth - a protest to her assumption. However, by the time he managed to drain the vessel of its remains, his chosen literature had been procured from his grasp and Valencia stepped lively away towards the counter.

Darth Metus took this opportunity to dispose of his empty vessel while she concluded her purchase. Normally, he would have protested to her having to so much as pay a credit - but he had learned at the outset of their relationship that they stood upon an egalitarian foundation. She paid for the books? Fine, he would get the next round of tea. Secure in this notion, he stepped away from Valencia as she briefly spoke with the shopkeep and spied a wastebin a few paces before him. The average adult would have simply concluded the last few paces and dropped the cup into the trash. But the Sith raised his cup and, with a flick of his wrist, sank it into the basket. Okay, he may have hit the rim for a second, but no one saw and it went in. Okay?

Antic concluded, he turned in time to hear Valencia speak once more. With bag in hand, she motioned towards the entrance to the establishment. "Formulated?" he hung upon that word for a moment, addressing her with a tone of mock-exasperation. Yet, he did lead the way out of the store with a smile plastered firmly upon his face. He raised his hand and nodded to the shopkeep as he stepped out, causing the door's chime to ring as he pushed it open. He then held the door aloft for his companion until she joined him on the street. While brief, poking their heads into the bookstore had been quite enjoyable. And the Sith found himself looking forward to their next destination.

"There's an Atrisian-themed tea house a few blocks away." he remarked, motioning towards the neon sign north of their position. "Let's try there." With the next stop of their adventure now plotted, the Sith began to unravel the mystery surrounding the Ministry he was devising. Frankly, there had been a collection of "minor" hiccups that had brought the void in their government to his attention. Disputes that had escalated to Exarch level at one point - but never detracted from the Vicelord's personal attention on the war efforts. Now that they were in a moment of peace...the din of the disputes had become too loud to ignore - with the most recent round regarding Bothawui having left a rather nasty taste in the mouths of all parties involved.

"As a nation, we pride ourselves on the autonomy of the planets. We have managed to build a powerful navy, droid armies, and support each world as a community without infringing upon the sovereignty of the member worlds. Yet, there have been clashes between the Viceroyalty and the CDF as of late - as I'm sure you're aware. And these are a symptom of a larger problem. The CDF requests land to do with as it requires, for training, testing, building bases, what have you - and the planets' generosity is not infinite. The problem, in essence, is a lack of federal land upon our worlds."

As he spoke, he led the way upon the street, making certain to stand closest to the road. Per the usual, his arm was offered for her to take if she chose. "Fortunately, we have the financial means to secure federal land upon each Confederate world - but the governance of these locations is what would require a Ministry's efforts. Collaborating with the locals and the presiding Viceroy on matters of conservation, construction, and the like." He paused, taking his eyes off the cross walk before them and meeting her blue gaze.

"In short...you would have the means to be the first answer to every cry for help within our borders. I do believe that is more what you are looking for..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom