Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction ULTIMATUM: AFTERMATH | Galactic Alliance

More cargo was offloaded by the crew of Minerva Fhirdiad Minerva Fhirdiad , and Nathan helped, happening to catch the wave from Jax Thio Jax Thio and returned it with a slight one of his own. Myvette Faeli Myvette Faeli was with him as well, looking as nervous as ever. She'd have to toughen up quick. The Mandalorians would strike at any perceived weakness.

Silently, he offloaded more cargo, distributing it to camp workers. The chaos and suffering he saw, heard, and felt was normal to him due to growing up in the plague, so he was not disgusted or horrified by what he saw. He was there to alleviate it, but beyond that he truly didn't understand why he saw so many Jedi with sad or contemplative expressions, and certainly didn't understand why the Jedi were feeling what they felt at the sight of all this.

Did they ever teach them the reality of the profession in all those cloistered temples? he asked himself. Violence was a constant factor...how could they act like all this was an anomaly? Especially when each of them were likely to have a trail of corpses in their wake as their career progressed?

It was the way it had always been. This WAS the business. Was a decade or two really enough for them to forget so easily?

Peace is not a lie. But Peace is also transitory.

These modern Jedi were too attached to the idea of long lasting peace. It was nice if it happened; even Nathan would freely admit it, and be the first to admit it. But the way the Order seemed to go about trying to preserve such a fleeting thing bordered on the absurd and, at times, seemed to resemble the five stages of grief.

At times the whole history of the Jedi order seemed to embody the quote 'How many times do we have to teach you this lesson?'

Their attempts at denial only added to their misery. Nathan had learned to live with the chaos and insanity around him in order to execute his function as a Jedi. They would have to do so too, or the coming blood feud would eat them as it had his daughter...

He voiced none of this however, continued to distribute supplies. What he had learned was not something that could be taught formally.

Tags: OPEN

Last edited:
ᴏɴᴇꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ᴢᴇʀᴏᴇꜱ

bb610.png

MOSHED-2023-5-22-10-42-14.jpg

ORDER OF REFUGE

GADividerBlue.png

| LOCATION: Jedi Praxeum, Sellia II |
| TAG: Valery Noble Valery Noble |

As expected, the settled dust after the battle of Ryloth provided little reassurance. Their fight was over, and no longer would the combatants feel the fight or flight of war as they stood sheltered under the roof of the Jedi Praxeum; and yet, for many, the buzz of adrenaline and broken hearts still lingered something fierce. BB-610, thankful that he had little to no emotional ties to the Mandalorians, was faring much better than he would have thought. He fought well - impressively so for just an astromech - and the triumph over a Basilisk droid had instilled him with some much needed confidence.

Currently, the BB-unit busied himself with entertaining a handful of Twi'lek children, no more than eight years old. It was the least he could do as the Jedi provided food and comfort to struggling families, and the astromech figured that keeping their spirits high was just as important in trying times. He holoprojected a loth cat, guiding it around the room as the hologram chased a blue laser light coming from the droid's chassis, simulating a playful kitty jumping and tumbling after its prey, occasionally 'pouncing' on one of the children as they laughed and giggled and clapped oh-so giddily.

At the sound of a distant ringing, BB-610's photoreceptors caught sight of one of countless bowls of fresh-made soup placed onto the counter, awaiting its destination. Blinking the holoprojection offline and bweeping softly to the children as he said he'd be right back, the astromech opened one of his tool-bay discs to spray a plume of glitter to keep their laughter roaring while he rolled over to scoop the bowl up with his utility arm.

Balancing it carefully and returning to his destination to place the soup down for them, BB-610 gave a passing glance to the room, and there he saw her: Valery Noble Valery Noble . The droid kept his gaze locked on her, bowl lowered and arm withdrawn, as he slowly made his way over to her. He may not have had any emotional stakes in their battle, but he knew Valery certainly did.

Nuzzling up against one of her legs to get her attention, BB-610 peered up at her, cooing softly as he asked her how she was holding up.

GADividerBlue.png

Last edited:

Sellia II
Kassogtha Cthylla Kassogtha Cthylla - Ryana mina Ryana mina - OPEN

Ryana made an appearance, asking where she could be of help. Amani smiled and tilted her head broadly at the slow-burning chaos of the refugee crisis, "We need more volunteers distributing supplies. These people can't get what they need fast enough." A few dedicated gofers running necessary materials to their destination would probably smooth things over for the time being.

"I thought you were a doctor. Well, congratulations on getting your degree... soon!"

Amani shook her head, "I appreciate it. I'm a bit stressed actually, but, well…" She gestured to the lines of people, "There's bigger things to be stressed about right now." Kassogtha's overcompensatory discretion earned a curious look from the mirialan, after which she simply laughed, "Oh, yes. She'll be alright. I'm sure she appreciated keeping it on the downlow, though it's hardly necessary." Especially in the midst of all this. Still, Cthylla wasn't wrong in her understanding that some folks could be a tad too expurgating about otherwise universal biological routines.

"You sure?" Amani double-checked the pylantian's eagerness. She didn't doubt the woman's conviction, but it wasn't any use to anyone if she became so tired she couldn't work. Master Cthylla knew her body better than anyone though, and if she was still raring to go, Amani wouldn't stop her, "I wish the Vonnuvi were closer. They could've helped us cut this work load in half," It was the herdship's specialization, and her own enclave served aboard. But summoning them here now would be too little too late. Such were the occasional disadvantages of a mobile base of operations.

"Heard anything else about this attack?… Anything from the Alliance?" Reports were still coming in. The Senate was no doubt meeting to discuss the inevitable decision.

Braze sensed the wave of anxiety rolling off Loomi, more intense than anything he had felt from her before. It was as if her very being was enveloped in a cloud of dread. Realizing the depth of her discomfort, he felt a sharp pang of regret for his earlier words.

"Ah... sorry perhaps I shouldn't have said anything..."
Braze said softly, his voice laced with genuine concern. "Let's change the subject, absolutely. Is there anything in particular you'd like to talk about? The weather is at least nice right now yeah?"

He tried to emit a calming aura, focusing his own feelings of tranquility and pushing them outward, hoping in some small way that it might comfort her. It was a delicate process, navigating the emotional landscape, and Braze was mindful to tread lightly.

"And you're right, hope is sometimes all we have to cling to in dark times. The sun does eventually rise, even after the longest night."

He glanced back at Loomi briefly, feeling the lingering sense of her anxiety, and then back at Ilo. "You should definitely check on the Kel Dor when you get a chance. He'll probably appreciate it. And as for the salt thing—hey, we all learn. The important part is that you're here, you're helping, and you're making a difference in the lives of these people."

And there it was.

War.

The Mandalorians had long since been disrupting trade and commerce along the Corellian Run. With Coaxium prices up since their recent attacks the Corellian Council was close to forcing him to declare war himself. He knew how he was going to have to vote.

"Well, this will be a fun couple of weeks..." And here he thought he'd be able to stay home on Corellia until the next session. He'd be organizing Defense Council meetings and coordinating GADF and Corellian Defense Forces for weeks.

Sellia II, Jedi Praxeum
Tag: Ryana mina Ryana mina Jax Thio Jax Thio Open

Minerva was pushing the hover-cart until she noticed an orange Twi'lek boy no more than nine sitting by himself on a bench, looking around nervously from one angle to another. His gray clothing was marred with dirt and filth and so was his cheeks. Quickly she could tell that he hadn't slept much as the boy grasped a large red coat. At such a sight she stopped and Minerva gestured for another Alliance soldier to get her supply cart to the Jedi healers. Once that was done she walked over to him.

It was only when she came closer the boy gave fearful attention as she knelt down to his level. Trying to smile, the warrior said.

"Hello I'm Minerva. What's your name?"

The kid just kept staring at her with confused and mournful expression. After a minute of trying not to tear up he managed to say.

"…Sallah."

Feeling uncertain herself, Minerva nodded and looked at his coat.

"That was a cool jacket ya got there Sallah."

"My father's." He answered quickly and solemnly. His stricken expression pretty much screamed that he lost him.

Nodding in understanding, Minerva paused, stabbed in the heart by the boy's grief. She was a veteran warrior and a fierce commander and yet right now Minerva felt useless in the face of the suffering before her. The Mandalorian didn't want to add to his misery but at the same time she didn't want to leave without doing something. Then she noticed he was shivering a bit and remembered that Sallah comes from a warmer planet she next pointed at the coat and said.

"Please allow me to help."

At first hesitant Sallah then let go of the coat and Minerva gently put it on him. It was too large for the boy to wear daily but it will keep him warm right now. Nodding in approval Minerva kept trying to put on a brave face for the orphan but she found it incredibly difficult. Finally she said,

"There. It's too big right now I'll admit but you'll grow into it."

Subsequently Minerva got up. "Wait here I'll get ya something to eat."

Just as she was turning around Sallah exclaimed.

"My fault!"

Taken aback Minerva twists around to the boy as he continues with his head bowed.

"Papa, mama they're gone. They're gone all because of me. If I hadn't been so slow we would've…"

Refusing to accept such condemnation Minerva quickly shook her head.

"No, no it was nothing you did Sallah."

Kneeling down again to look him in the eyes that were watered by renewed tears she declared.

"It was the Enclave’s fault, they alone who did it. You understand me?"

That last question was filled with pleading in Minerva's voice and evident by her expression as well. She never met nor known Sallah's parents but the warrior's soul grieved all the same for the boy. Still tearing up, Sallah suddenly hugged Minerva sobbing.

"I miss them. I miss them so much."

Minerva returned the hug like that of a family member not knowing what else to say. Tears began to drip down from her own eyes. Right now she wasn't a captain, nor even a warrior but just a soul comforting another. To let him know that the galaxy wasn't going to end and to show there is someone who actually cares.

OOC: My character is not wearing her armor as emphasized in my first post in the thread. She’s wearing an Alliance military uniform. This message is not directed at anyone specific just a general reminder to avoid confusion.

Last edited:
Kass bobbed in solemn agreement, but was quick to offer some reassurance. "We can hold down the fort for you, if you need time to study."

The Pylantian wasn't sure what to make of Amani's laughter, but at least the girl was all right and her precautions were appreciated. "I saw that she needed kindness," Kass said. "Not just material supplies. You have a kind soul."

"You sure?"

"I'll be all right, healer," she replied good-naturedly.

Amani's next question was a request for more information. "Nothing concrete, although I admit I haven't been paying as much attention to the news." She preferred to learn just the facts, which could only be obtained after the fact. The nature of 24/7 reporting meant that misinformation, hearsay, or blatant lies could be broadcast before anyone knew the truth. "I know Oukranos has been keeping up with reports, if you want to ask him. He's supervising the younglings." A few of the older children had been brought in to help distribute supplies. Oukranos had presented the trip as an opportunity to educate them about the Mandalorian conflict and the realities of war—something Nathan Bloodscrawl Nathan Bloodscrawl could perhaps appreciate.

MOSHED-2022-8-29-22-16-59.jpg

EYE OF THE SNAKE
~Don't lose your grip~

OUTFIT: x
OBJECTIVE: Objective 2 - Order of Reaction
TAG: Saul Colsan Saul Colsan | Stybla'rei'naodo Stybla'rei'naodo | The Vulptex The Vulptex

white.png

RYLOTH, GAULUS SECTOR, OUTER RIM TERRITORIES

How did I end up right here, in the middle of the skirmish? I don't karkin' know! It was supposed to be a less action-fueled, more psychological thriller of a mission. Drop in Ryloth, sneak in through a less defended part of the city, find something, or someone, any kind of lead. Find out what the Enclave is planning going forward. Was it a dumb course of action? I would argue so, but it still made sense. So I was paired with this Saul Colson to infiltrate the city. It went well the first few minutes, we managed to sneak in quite deep. However, it didn't take long before we got caught up in a skirmish between Enclave soldiers and Twi'lek militias. Of course, the Twi'leks, who are heavily outnumbering the Mandalorians, are getting slaughtered relentlessly anyway.

I didn't sign up for any of this, I've never been a soldier in my whole life. Sure, I'm still better trained than the majority of the Alliance's inhabitants, but that doesn't mean that it's safe for me to be in the middle of a skirmish against the Mandalorian. I'm a Diplomatic Services agent for kark sake!

Taking cover behind a chiseled building, I aimed my pistol and peppered a couple of shots towards the enemies. It doesn't work, they're just too well equipped, and I'm not accurate enough for this chit. To make it worse, one Mandalorian on the rooftop managed to barely scrape my right shoulder with a slug.

"I'm hit! Cover my right!" I shouted at Saul. It's probably not a lethal injury, but it still hurts like hell. I hate this so much.
white.png

Sellia II
Kassogtha Cthylla Kassogtha Cthylla - OPEN

Amani shook her head, "No. I know that dissertation inside and out," She had spent over a year on it, after all, "I'll be ready." Then the mirialan would have Doctor added to her many titles, and not much else would change. Funny the amount of effort that went into something of relatively little consequence to her station. She likely wouldn't have gone through with it, if not for the fact that her entire tuition was a paid-for gift from her wedding. Perhaps if Amani ever found herself independent of the Jedi again, having a doctorate would make it a bit easier to continue her line of work.

"Thank you, Master Cthylla," Sure helping others was its own reward, but it was still a pleasant feeling, being commended for one's own kindness.

Kassogtha was in the dark as well. Ironically Amani should be the one to know, given she had a direct line to the senate via her husband. But the fact that she wasn't hearing anything yet was more or less proof that deliberations were well underway. The outcome was almost certain, yet she still couldn't help but wait anxiously. "Maybe…" She glanced over at Oukranos, who was at work with the students. Many watched the influx of refugees with a sadness they couldn't fully grasp. Amani frowned, "I'm not sure if they're ready." Another war. Against a foe they had not faced in many years. They had done their best to prepare, but whether or not it was enough, remained to be seen.

Last edited:

Objective: II
Tags:
Loomi Loomi Braze Braze

"Yeah." She concluded the topic about Ko, not putting much enthusiasm in her voice. Ilo also nodded about the salt thing.

Through that, the Nautolan noticed how out of touch she was with reality. The talking started to feel like mumbling, and she couldn't concentrate, making her Force Vision blurry. Dialogue came and went in a robotic fashion, like the Padawan was plugged in an automatic mode.
There were plenty of reasons for that: the hours of hard work without a break, the lack of a real meal, the desperate sadness of Loomi -- which Ilo couldn't really do anything about, because she couldn't help herself even.
Changing stations now, she started washing the dishes. A good opportunity of cleansing her face with some fresh water, trying to remain awake.

"It's kind of hot for me right now. I would love to go for a swim. Maybe take a nap on some riverbed. Hm..." Ilo said to herself, all dizzy.

Aduni closed her eyes, thinking about the feeling of being submerged and huming along with it. It was difficult to tell if she was working, sleeping or doing both at the same time.

"Perhaps." Kass wriggled her tentacles in a Pylantian shrug. "It's better for them if we control how much they experience and ease them into it than simply throwing them onto a battlefield. Doing this also helps to ensure they don't develop romantic notions about honor and glory."

Sensing that he was being talked about, Oukranos gravitated toward Kassogtha and Amani. The younglings trailed after him, marching single file. Coming from a variety of different species, they were just a couple years shy of becoming Padawans or being sent off to the Corps.

"Knight Serys-Organa was asking if there was any news," Kass said, looking to her husband for answers.

"I don't have any new information, really," Oukranos said. "Zolan was marked as fallen after the Jedi pulled out of negotiations. Now House Io is vying with the Mandos for control. The Clawdites sold the Ioans their genetic material in exchange for arms and defenses."

Culprit: pip
Tag: Minerva Fhirdiad Minerva Fhirdiad

"Thank you councilor serys I will" ryana said as she walked off as much as she hated seeing her people like this she hated not being strong enough to win their planet back for them more. She had almost no memories of ryloth as she walked to help hand out supplies seeing Minerva and the twi'lek boy ryana whent to get the boy a bowl of soup.

Pip had stayed with Minerva he held onto his grape which was unusual for the small racyon who loved the food greatly. He watched Minervas interaction with the boy as he crawled up to be near the child hugging him as Minerva did tears falling down pips face as he seemingly understood their sorrow and pain before handing the child his grape trying to comfort the boy anyway he could sadness was in the small racyons eyes as he saw ryana walk up.

As ryana walked up she held a large bowl of hot soup with meat and vegetables floating inside and a couple slices of bread she could sense the sadness of the boy and Minerva he experienced a great loss the young lethan knew the sight well she had been seeing it all to often today. The sight of so many twileks as refugees enraged her even if she knew it was unjedi like and was frowned upon she couldn't help herself the orphans the injured she kneeled before the boy "here's some food eat up" she said. He looked at her as he teared up again she hugged him like a family member as well the boy cried into her shoulder she held him as tears streamed from her eyes from both sadness and rage this never should have happened she got Minervas reaction from seeing what she did at kashyyk even if Ryana wasn't at ryloth during the battle she understood the pain the rage of seeing such brutality they weren't warriors they where monsters who needed to be stopped put down even she tried to focus her emotions. To stay calm and focused before the boy began to calm down "they would want you to keep your strength up eat im not going anywhere just yet" ryana said kindly to the boy the boy took the bowl and began eating.

Saul actually forgot that he was paired up with someone: A blonde woman who complained about being sent out to the middle of the battlefield. Saul understood her gripes at first considering that he was sometimes placed on undercover missions which was out of his comfort zone. Yet after a while, Saul just tuned her out, he wasn't much of a people person. As they snuck through the skirmish between the militia and the Enclave, Saul heard the woman gave a cry of pain and screaming to cover her. He immediately found the shooter, a Mandalorian that was placed on the rooftop equipped with a EE-3 Carbine Rifle. Pressed his back against the sandy wall, blaster pistol in hand, blaster bolts. Three bursts. Hit the corner of the wall where Saul was taking cover melting it. Saul gritted his teeth and saw an alleyway where he and the woman can take cover.

"Pistol is useless at this range," Saul thought but he fired away at the Mandalorian on the rooftop before grabbing the woman's arm and sprinted towards the alleyway. Forehead perspiring, Saul continued to run deep into the alleyway before heading towards a bombed out building at the end pushed her inside.

"All right!" Saul immediately checked the woman's shoulder and saw a slight burn mark. "Hmm, you're not hurt too bad." Saul took out some bacta spray and carefully applied to her wound. "Should heal up in no time," he said gently patting he shoulder.

Trug Zigash Trug Zigash , Stybla'rei'naodo Stybla'rei'naodo , The Vulptex The Vulptex

"Yeah," Amani agreed with a distinct lack of conviction, "I just wish we didn't have to, to begin with." An empty, platitudinous dream. She acknowledged as much as she said it. But it didn't make it any less true.

War would come, and the Jedi would be expected to join the call. Amani couldn't help but wonder what might have happened if they had treaded more carefully in their talks with the Mandalorians. Her expression soured, reminding herself that she had been an agitator more than most. Part of the problem. She was almost eager to engage the Mandalorians. Why?

Her expression steeled. Because the Mandalorians were carving out a warpath across innocent worlds. Because of worlds like Ryloth. Whatever strife it might now bring upon the Alliance, had already been brought upon those with less. War was never the preferred outcome, but Amani reminded herself that there was simply no other choice. The Enclave would not listen to peace, and so they must listen to war. It was now the only way to ensure the innocent were defended.

Oukranos soon approached with his entourage of students in tow. They were young. Not yet padawans. Their upbringing would soon be surrounded by conflict. It was them she now worried about the most. The pylantian offered what little information he had, and Amani couldn't help a morbid smirk, "That almost sounds familiar. The chaos. More than the peace and quiet ever did," Back when war was ever present. Every day there was something new to report somewhere in the galaxy. It had been absent for far too short a time, "That's probably a bad sign."

"That almost sounds familiar. The chaos. More than the peace and quiet ever did. That's probably a bad sign."

"A bad sign that House Io is getting involved, or that war sometimes feels more normal than peace?" Oukranos' grim smirk mirrored Amani's own. "I know what you mean. Factions have been vying against each other for as long as I can remember. Somewhere in the galaxy, there was always someone killing somebody. After the Maw was defeated, I realized I didn't know what it meant to be a Jedi without an enemy to fight."

"I was born on a planet where there hasn't been a war in centuries," Kass said. "A violent conflict on a galactic scale was unimaginable to us. I was very young when I joined the Jedi, but I remember the... shock of it all. Even now, it sometimes feels like more than I can bear." As she spoke there was an oddly childlike cadence to her voice, as though talking about the past put her back in the mindset of her youth. Here in the refugee camp, she felt the fear and uncertainty all over again, as fresh as if it were only yesterday she discovered what war was like.

His eyebrows rising, Oukranos stepped forward and reached toward her. She clasped his hand, weaving her tendrils between his fingers in silent gratitude, and laid a tentacle on Amani's shoulder in a comforting gesture. "Not everyone was kind to me for my innocence, especially those who had always known war. It deadens you, desensitizes you. To feel pain when we see the horrors of war is good—it means we haven't lost our empathy, haven't become so caught up in the cycle of violence that we lose sight of what matters. We won't sit idly by while others suffer, nor will we wish this suffering upon our enemies."

Sellia II
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Appearance: Link
Ship: Link
Weapons:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber
Tag: BB-610 BB-610

Ryloth had been incredibly difficult for her. It meant the escalation of a new conflict after the Alliance was finally enjoying a time of peace, and it had brought her up against someone she cared about. Shai wasn't some Sith Lord who she fought and never thought about again - the woman had been like a sister to her.

But now all those relationships were shattered, and people were on the run again.

Despite these personal struggles, Valery decided to help the refugees as much as she could, and she wasn't alone. BB-610 BB-610 had joined her for this as well, even though Valery would have allowed him to go home if he wanted to, and she was grateful for it. Having family like him close was going to help her stay focused more than anything.

After spotting Bee rolling over, Valery crouched down and leaned into his way of hugging a little. She patted atop his dome, and leaned in close enough to rest her forehead against him for just a moment, "I'm doing okay, thank you." She smiled but it was clearly a little bit forced. "Just got a lot on my mind, you know? But I'm glad you're here, especially after what you had to do on Ryloth." This time her smile was a lot more genuine.

"I'm very proud of you, buddy."

ᴏɴᴇꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ᴢᴇʀᴏᴇꜱ

bb610.png

ORDER OF REFUGE

GADividerBlue.png

| LOCATION: Jedi Praxeum, Sellia II |
| TAG: Valery Noble Valery Noble |

He cooed, something soft and sweet, a synthetic purr rumbling at his chassis while the droid pressed the flat of his head against her. In times like these, family was what kept them grounded; it gave them a reason to press onward, and BB-610 had never taken that feeling for granted ever since Valery had adopted him all those years ago. He cast a passing glance to the room, scanning the assortment of refugees. Family was a luxury many of them no longer had.

BB-610 pulled away, body wobbling happily at her praise. One of his tool-bay discs had been dented after the Basilisk droid had slammed him into the ground, but it was hardly worth causing a fuss about. He stood in silence, allowing Valery to go at her own pace -- she'd been through far more than he had, and he scoured his droidbrain for what to say. Very rarely was he the one giving the pep talks; Valery had always been there to give him confidence, to bring him out of his shell until he was strong enough to do what he had done on Ryloth. The least he could do was make sure she didn't feel alone.

Bweeping, he told her that he was proud of her too. It felt strange to say, as though he felt himself underqualified to be in a position to praise her, like there existed a pedestal he stood on that was far beneath Valery's. She didn't need praise from him of all people, but a part of him recognized that that was programming. They made you to serve, to be inferior to them, he thought. But Valery was nothing like the First Order.

Pressing up against her, BB-610 bweeped once more. He said that he had friends while he served the Eternal Empire, and that even to this day, he still thought about them. The astromech paused, optic halfway narrowed. He chirped some more, adding that he hadn't spoken to them since he met Valery, terrified that they would hate him now.

He glanced back up at his friend, his optic widening as light glistened in his baby blue lens. Bweeping, he told her that he couldn't imagine having to fight them, and that she was the toughest person he'd ever met.

GADividerBlue.png

EYE OF THE SNAKE
~Don't lose your grip~

OUTFIT: x
OBJECTIVE: Objective 2 - Order of Reaction
TAG: Saul Colsan Saul Colsan | Stybla'rei'naodo Stybla'rei'naodo | The Vulptex The Vulptex

white.png

RYLOTH, GAULUS SECTOR, OUTER RIM TERRITORIES

"Heaven's sake." I muttered underneath my breath, throwing my head back as I feel the bacta spray on my wound. It stopped the inflammation and the pain was almost gone in an instant. Yet it still doesn't resolve the Mandalorians issue that we've had, even worse now that we're trapped in this, ruined, half-building. Pistol wouldn't do, not from this range, not with their armor in the way. Perhaps, our only hope is that they're losing their sight on us, and we're able to sneak our way in.

Keeping my voice low, I leaned my head to Saul's and whispered to him. "I think there's an alley that leads up to the rooftop of that Mando." If it all works out, we can easily sneak in to the back of that Mando, neutralize them, and grab their carbine rifle. "Lead the way, agent?" I patted Saul on his back, directing him to the alleyway.
white.png

The sounds of blaster fire and explosions were heard from afar. "Sounds like the Mandos have bought mortars," Saul said ignoring the woman's complaints about the Bacta stinging her shoulder. "Good thing we've managed to sneak away from the bulk of the fighting. Those mortars would be tough to dodge."

The woman whispered in his ear suggesting that they could try to take care of the Mando on that was sniping on the rooftop while her voice sounded alluring, what she actually said gave Saul pause. "That's a negative on that one." Saul said spotting the corpse of a Twileak militiaman. There weren't any signs of any outward rot indicating that he was dead for at least a few hours. A swarm of Flies aggressively flew over the corpse and Rifle lay in front of him. "If anything, the Mandalorian will be busy providing cover for his comrades against the militia. That's our opportunity for us sneak by."

It wasn't in their best interest to waste time getting in the fray. Mandalorian reinforcements will be coming soon to quell the skirmishes. The Ryloth governor was rumored to condemn the militia attacks, claiming that they were funded by Alliance. Fat chance, but the SIA has eyes and ears all over the Galaxy. Saul pulled out his knife slowly approaching the gun, kneeling down and using the Knife to prop up the weapon to check for any traps. It was common for Mandos to lay traps for downed weapons to serve as bait for any combatant who tries to use them. When it was clear there were no traps, Saul immediately snatched the Slugthrower Rifle and inspected the weapon.

"Didn't know that the militias favored projectiles," Saul mused dispersing the mag and observing the ammunition. Full mag. Saul popped the mag in placed and grabbed the ammo belt of the Twileak corpse. He won't be needing them anymore.

"Got something that packs a punch," Saul said to the woman and looked out of the window checking the streets for hostiles. "Place looks clear," Saul said stepping out. "Right now we're just pissing in the wind trying to find info on anything. We need to go to the leader, problem is, we don't know where he is."

Trug Zigash Trug Zigash , Stybla'rei'naodo Stybla'rei'naodo , The Vulptex The Vulptex

Sellia II
Kassogtha Cthylla Kassogtha Cthylla

"Well, both I suppose. But I was referring to the latter." Oukranos expressed Amani's matching thoughts aloud, "Entire generations of our Order have grown up only knowing conflict." Who knew victory could lead to so much purposeless. Still she would take that struggle over the struggles of war, "I hope we don't see that again."

Kass spoke of her upbringing, which reminded Amani of her own. She had grown accustomed to the strife, but there was a time when she too was first thrust into it without a sense of understanding, "As a youngling, my idea of war was too… romantic," The mirialan nodded, calling back to Kass's previous point about bringing students to the refugee camp, "When I finally stepped foot on the battlefield, in the Brynadul war…" She shivered. Of all the enemies to first experience, the Bryn may have been the worst. Amani looked down at her left arm, and flexed her fingers. Every now and then she could recall the sound of whirring servos in her joints.

"I couldn't agree more, Master Cthylla. We would do well to remind our pupils of that, when things get worse." When, not if. The war would come to them directly now. Amani just prayed it would be a quick one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom