Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UK Votes To Leave the European Union

[member="sabrina"]

Don't confuse difference of opinion with misrepresenting the truth and ignoring factual evidence.

Remove those subsidiaries and you effectively destroy agriculture in the UK.

You effectively say "European agriculture cannot compete with cheaper options in developing countries, let's allow it to die and import from abroad."

This seems at odds with previous arguments you've made against moving our jobs abroad.

Of course, we're not going to be able to say this or change the EU any more from the outside, as we could from the inside. We've removed our voice.

sabrina

[member="Raziel"] EU is beyond reform, so killing is better.
There is a difference between subsidies and dumping, the common agricultural policy allows dumping.

Also what laptops are you buying

[member="sabrina"]

You're just googling criticisms of the EU now one by one and failing to acknowledge any of the demonstrable issues with leaving the EU. I don't I have the will to engage any more.

sabrina

[member="Raziel"] I disagree, and I am not just googling criticisms, when comes to Common Agricultural Policy, and Fisheries.
1: I brought my wedding ring from h samuel, as they do not use gold that pollutes farmland.
2: I only buy Fair Trade Bananas, as it only way to fight the cocaine trade
3: I oppose HS2, as may wipe out the bechstein bat in the uk
4: I look after injured bats
5: The only way to protect last of the mega beasts, is to stop africans from poaching them, in my opinion.
The only way to stop that, is to give them way out poverty, otherwise why not kill a rhino to sell the horn to china, as stops your children dieing from malnutrition.

If you don't think I care about these things, then please ask [member="Reverance"] as he can vouch for me caring about the environment.
As for overfishing only the eu (spanish) Japan, and not sure of US are the main culprits.

So I do follow the Common Agricultural Policy is, as it does also help local wildlife. Though the cost is too great, in other area of the world.

Fishermen voted to leave the EU because they believe they'll be able to fish more.

The Common Fisheries Policy attempts to deal with overfishing bit clearly doesn't go far enough.

Leaving the EU just isn't an environmental issue. No one is coming forth to suggest the UK will implement new measures to improve the environment in ways they couldn't do in the EU. It's not like the choice was between the EU and having the greens in charge.

We have 1 Green MP. That's 1/650

We have 3 Green MEPs. That's 3/73

They're part of a Europe wide green movement that's 50 strong. 50/750.

So there is a much larger voice for the environment in the European Parliament than the UK on. MEPs of course are voted in by proportional representation.

So, the European Parliament which is more democratic than our own Parliament, has greater green representation.

So did you vote for a green MEP or UKIP MEP?

If you can give me any clear evidence that the UK government will put more effort into the environment than Europe than I'll give some credence to your position. As it is it comes across as bluster because your initial position was so neatly dismantled.

This is going to hurt our country, it's not going to help the environment.

Snarykk

Sworn To Avenge My Ewokese Brothers To The End!
Well, I'm really not too informed on this so I'm not going to give my opinion due to the fact I do not have enough evidence to even form one. So, I'm simply going to stay out of the discussion. However, I believe I'm actually sorta leaning towards Pro-Brexit. However, I'm not going to say anything else as again, I'm rather ignorant on the subject.

sabrina

[member="Raziel"]

This is my last post on this thread
Yes I have, never got a reply green mep, and I voted green.
I voted ukip, as in the General Elections, as it was choice between them and a labour party, I shall not give you my opinion of her.
You say you beaten me on every argument, I disagree, and it is my vote at end day, and if the referendum was held tomorrow I still vote the same way.
There is no environmental protection in this country, if you have the cash.
The Economy of this country will only take short term hit, long term no matter what happens we will better off.
As the higher the tariff they put against us, the more they hurt Germany and France as well as Holland.
We just put the money gained from the importing tariffs, to help counter measure the exports to the EU. (if we have any sense)
Also we possibly buy more things from USA or Canada, seeing they have WTO tariffs.

As said hope things go okay for you, and as for your laptop going up 15%, shop around and I recommend this company.
https://www.scan.co.uk/

I am if you are set on wanting to return, your only realistic option is in 2020, vote Lib Dems.

sabrina said:
[member="Raziel"]

The Economy of this country will only take short term hit, long term no matter what happens we will better off.
Literally no evidence to back this statement up.

We'll end up in the EEA and a Norway situation. The same tariffs, the same freedom of movement and single markets. The only difference will be losing our say.

Any other option will be too difficult. Reckon out politicians have the stones to take the hard path after the last week?

Nothing promised by the leave campaign will become reality.

Thanks for the link. Obviously I'm aware that there are website you can buy computers. The business rate for hardware is increasing due to the weak pound.

http://newsthump.com/2016/07/01/house-of-commons-cafeteria-runs-out-of-knives/

The House of Commons cafeteria has asked MPs if they’d mind returning the knives they currently have sticking out of their backs, as they’ve run out.

Saying there’s been ‘a bit of a rush’, catering workers are currently scouring the Houses of Parliament looking for MPs bodies from which they can retrieve their cutlery.

If nothing else I'm sure we can agree that our own politicians are despicable people.

Farage is stepping down. I do wish we could never see that despicable man again.

Hopefully Gove is crushed too. We can't possible have that backstabbing, expert hating, innumerate, opinionated little **** as our Prime Minister.

Q98 Chair: One is: if "good" requires pupil performance to exceed the national average, and if all schools must be good, how is this mathematically possible?
Michael Gove: By getting better all the time.
Q99 Chair: So it is possible, is it?
Michael Gove: It is possible to get better all the time.
Q100 Chair: Were you better at literacy than numeracy, Secretary of State?
Michael Gove: I cannot remember.

sabrina

[member="Raziel"] It is good thing farage is stepping down, as he is a divisive person we don't need that. As for Mr Gove, yep I think your right. To what I listened to so far, Liam Fox and Theresa May seem the best candidates, as both seem practical and pragmatic. Though wish she would say the current people living here can stay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom