Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Two Parts Pirates, One Part Zombies, Ninjas Optional - Galactic Alliance Dominion of Elrood

Incom Corporation Local Office
City of Elroodeen
Elrood

0830hrs Local Time

In the wake of Eriadu, and the slow but steady, ongoing recovery thereof, business marched on in much the same manner as time itself, waiting for no-one. In receiving the corporation from Lessa, Perris had received all that remained after the disastrous trail of decisions that marked her descent into irrelevancy - her belief, not his - and after analyzing the position Incom was in with help from advisors that he had known as long as he and they had a relationship with the corporation, he came away with his own beliefs solidified: that Incom should be as it had always been, in the scope of its original relationship with Republics past and present.

But better... which was hard with unscheduled visitors apparating over the very planet whose shipyards he'd designated to amp up for production on a design that had been approved from the research and development wing in the midst of the handover from her to him: a version two update of the old RZ-1 A-Wing Interceptor. It had been left waiting for countless months, until Incom was thoroughly settled into its new facilities, stock was taken of current operations and production, and he was left with an assurance that production of ongoing lines of product continued on schedule.

Including this one, the new A-Wing that he fully intended to dedicate to the cause of the Alliance and her allies. He was looking over the blueprints, the technical specifications, and small-scale models, ruminating on whether there would be anything he wanted changed, his mind going back to the very first A-Wing he'd ever flown, a snippet of daydream cut short by the comm call he was on, now.

At any rate, the unscheduled visitors.

"Are you certain the contingent isn't from the Alliance?"

The answer he got over the comm told him in no uncertain terms that this wasn't a remotely friendly visitor.

"Black Rose?"

No, not them, either. They were hardly keen to do anything other than keep to themselves. In fact, the rag-tag, cobbled-together makeup of this 'fleet' looked like...

"Pirates?"

He looked to the local overseer, one of the few in the room with him.

"Get a hold of our friends in the Alliance," he said, pulling the comm away from his ear for a minute, "and remind me to have air support added to our operations here, once this is all over."

That was another thing - he needed himself a COO. You know, eventually.

-----------------------​
Objectives:

A - With the Protectorate no longer holding this planet or others in the area, pirates have become bold, banded together, and begun to try their luck, their eyes lit up by both former OP and current Incom assets in the area. Fend off the invasion force over the planet. If possible, root out the de facto leader of this force, board their ship, and apprehend this individual. We'd like to know where these pirates are coming from, that they're so put together.

B - Contingent/Contingents of pirates have slipped in planetside, interfering with the development and impending production set-up/start-up of the RZ-1 V2 A-Wing Elite Interceptor, intending to take what they can for themselves; they also have been messing with other businesses on the planet. Deal with them, to ensure this upcoming interceptor/recon craft will end up in the hands of Team Lightside, that other local businesses continue to operate here, and that other merchants will feel this world worthy of investment.

C - An old foe of zombies thought vanquished long ago has in fact been festering in Elrooden's undercity, and have begun to bubble to the surface, frightening citizens and causing panic. Quell the unrest and eradicate this threat, once and for all.

D - BYOO. Elrood has a pleasant climate, and was/is attractive for colonists due to its flora, fauna, and resources. The capital city of Elrooden (located on the western side of the largest of the three continents) is home to the Elrood Bazaar. Really, anything else you can think of! Fill your boots!

Nubica Felidae

We are well and truly forked...
[Post=1/20]

Two hops. Three hours transit. Four solitary hours floating out in the middle of nowhere. The holonovels about the lives of undercover operatives brought a twinkle to Nubica’s green eyes. Quick raids in and out of enemy territory weren't the norm. Sometimes it was this: Sitting. Waiting. Watching.

Her wingman sat three thousand kilometres off to the port side of her X-wing. With any luck, they were far enough apart that at least one of them would survive if a One Sith armada jumped into the middle of their position. Surely the tip that Intel received about ships crossing this sector of space would pan out. Fifteen days on patrol had turned up no leads, and no one had seen hide nor hair of them.

Enjoy this quiet. It won't last. It never does.

She drew in a sharp breath then scanned empty space for the hundredth time. Her scopes were dead, too, except for her wingman.

She tapped her instruments impatiently, readjusting her sensors. An alarm blared, and the R unit in her X-wing screeched.

But it was simply an incoming message. She was required elsewhere and so set the coordinates for Elrood. Orders would follow…they always did.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Infiltrating The Chimera Starport
Obj B - Vs Pirate Scum - p1

It was a Chimera-class Starport. Large and modern. Gilded with polished white lines and sweeping ergonomic archways. Garden beds of lush ferns and tall flowing trees. Picturesque and beautiful in every way. With only the finest in soft blue holographic images, celebrity movie posters, and interactive DotNet computer terminals. It screamed new-corporate comfort and design with every step. Majestic and clean. Prim and proper. Military and secure.

Disappointing then that it now belonged to a new type of intergalactic criminal. "Xavier & Sons Shipping". Just another pretty name hiding a dark and seedy underbelly. Radicals in pretty suits and shiny polished armor. They made the Sith Empire's Capital Guard look poor. The First Order Stormtroopers look tame. Two company guards with big guns lined all the doorways into the Restricted Sections and beyond. Man on man shakedowns at all the docking lifts and cargo elevators. Armored grunts with a taste for power. Flaunting their quasi-legal military power on a tradeworld where most ports don't even allow you bring your gun or your dog planetside. Ugh. It was the posh playing cowboy. And while she was still pretty as a peach? This whole place screamed of dirty politics, dust money, and even darker deals.

___

Down by the tarmac and nearer the landing shuttles, a familiar she-elf was hiding between the lush garden vistas and the edge of the tall platform beyond. Scoping out the exterior window's to the Officer's Club high above her. Using her viewfinders to grab the names and faces of all the Xavier employees within. Poking her spying eyes through the glass windows and noting every not-so familiar face. Probing for a very specific high-value target among all the pencil pushers and highly armored guards. Still... She didn't see him yet. Darn. Where was he? Frowning, she knelled down among the blue plants to com her friends.

"Tano. Hey. It's me. Yeah I'm here too. Listen. No luck so far on this side. How's it look on your end?"

~ / "Bah. Not pretty Blue. This place is locked up tighter than a Sith Fortress on Bastion. I've sliced my way in, but the encryption is some pretty heavy stuff. No way they didn't my entrance. And no. Still no sign of our guy yet either. You sure he's really here?"

"I'm looking at his YT Freighter right now Lux. Trust me. Our Pirate Captain is here. Mingling with these white collar crooks and fetching a great price on his goods too. Damn. These Xavier guys sure dress nice. But a pirates a pirate. No matter who pretty the suit."

~ / "I'm with you there. And if we're gonna stop this raiding against Incom? Yeah. We're gonna need to shut these guys down. Red tape or not."

"Okay. I'm going to poke around closer to his ship. See what I can dig up our here on the flight deck. Talk later. Dangergirl24 out."

Dangergirl24 or not. Karen Roberts of Lothal killed her com and smiled to herself. This was where the fun part started. Oh yeah. Here we go. It was time to infiltrate a Starport. Sneaky sneaky Jedi style.

Post 1
Objective A

Kunn was almost excited. Elrood was a frontier world, the Cult of the Black Rose wasn’t very far off, and well, it was a world with importance to the real galaxy. To the people who didn’t fetishize the Force, or some mystical energy field that controlled destinies. No. Kunn himself didn’t need that. He had his X-Wing and his own skill. His new X-Wing, the yellow and blue one. He was waiting to get her broken in.

He was good, the Alliance recognized it. So when the call from Elrood came in? Kunn was deployed with his current squadron and whoever else they could find. He hated pirates.

Pirates were the worst.

“This is Gold Two, reporting in.” Came his call when Gold Lead was looking for his squadron. Reports were coming in, funneled through his astromech, a black and white BB unit. Time to go to work.

Cutting into the sublight engines, Kunn moved his X-Wing on a course for the enemy. The call for S-Foils in attack position came out. Finally.

Post 2
BYOO

Starchaser was grumbling. Why was he here? He could be on the front line fighting an enemy that actually mattered. But no, he was here, as per Nemo Ven's order. He was supposed to help Incom with a few things, not the least of them being the development of the new A-Wing. Coren was an A-Wing pilot because the Alliance didn't have anything that matched the TIE series for speed or agility, aside from the A-Wing. And his work with Silk Holdings had given him an understanding of the finer points in astronautical engineering. Beyond that, he was here with a starship, not a combat starship, but a supply starship, to bolster Elrood's defenses. The First Order weren't going to be doing to this world what they did to Eriadu.

Stepping into the office of one, [member="Kelly Perris"], Starchaser nodded. "Whats the situation?"

No, he was not General Greivous, but he also didn't come here with but a squadron and his own freighter. Still, that ship could fight. With Perris and Incom, he knew that there were people in military ack (short for acquisition) that loved the company. Hell, Coren was more than happy to work with Incom, and with the new ship development, it was a good cal that they had gotten a contract, and were steadily working on a new product.

He was here more for that role, the rest of the Alliance would cover anything that came at Elrood.

Objective A

Sylvia was out on patrol in the Alliance model X-wing. Not only did she need to get used to the controls, she needed to get used to that thought that this was her starfighter from now until the foreseeable future. She was no longer with the First Order. Lt. Nuru was flying for the Galactic Alliance.

To prepare, she'd practiced extensively in the flight simulators and then went on a couple of training runs. This was supposed to be a simple patrol.

But it wasn't turning out to be that way. She got the call from command to help ferret out a group of pirates who were camping out in the atmosphere above Elrood. Elrood was a strictly regulated planet, south of the Alliance headquarters on Sullust, and so close to Black Rose space that it could ask it to dance.

But for awhile Lt. Nuru saw nothing - on radar or with her own eyes. She cruised along, almost on auto-pilot, her mind meandering along until a series of beeps broke through her daydreams. She jumped in her seat at the sound. By the stars, it would be difficult to get used the little Astromech helping to repair and even navigate her fighter. As a former TIE pilot, Lt. Nuru was accustomed to full control of everything. The mech was an R2 series with some kind of alpha-numerical name, but Sylvia called it Cardinal, because it was almost entirely a bright crimson metallic color.

She glanced at the droid translator and said, "Sorry Cardinal, I drifted off for a minute. Resetting for Elrood."

Sylvia wasn't paying attention, and she nearly flew off course, entering a nearby system. There were pilots who swore by their astromechs, but Lt. Nuru had always considered that "cheating." Since Cardinal had easily caught her navigational mistake, she realized why the droids were so beloved by flyers.

Objective C
[1-20]
NPC Count: 7 man Strike team.

"Hey, should I take the mouser or the ol' Reliable?"

I closed my eyes and shook my head. We were preparing to go into the undercity and try to find the cause, or at least limit the amount of these "infested people" that we could find. That was my job. I was prepared and ready. Carrying my rifle in my hand, one of my vibrodaggers attached to my chest, another to the small of my back, the hand blaster on my right thigh, and my vibrosword slung over my back. I was prepared for an all out war. And considering that most of these people didn't seem smart enough to use a weapon powerful enough to break through armor, I didn't feel all too threatened.

Buuuuuuut as you readers know, there may be something lurking in the darkness that I do not know about. Which is good for you, but bad for me. Likely there will be something that I will encounter that might, maybe, most defiantly hurt or kill me. Looking over my rifle, I made sure that the gas cylinder was in place, and the gun was ready to be used. Switching the gun on, and the safety off, I brought the weapon in the "low and ready" position. The butt of the gun rested against my right breast, while I held the gun with my right hand on the grip. My left was left to it's own devices as I secured my strap over my chest, and made sure my dagger was clipped in its upside down position on my left breastplate.

"They don't have armor asshat. You don't need the mouser unless you think you are gonna shoot through walls."

He looked at me with a deranged look. I could see it through the visor of his helmet.

"Now why would I want to do that?"

I shook my head. Turning away from my "twin in armor" as he kept asking the same question about three more times that we were in the elevator on the way down. The music playing suddenly stopped, and in that instant, my gun went up to the door. I was first in line, So if we were attacked, i would be taking the brunt of the force. The ding came as the elevator slowed to a stop, and the door opened to reveal nobody. I slowly cut the pie. Turning around the corner to my left, while the man who was bitching about which gun to take took the right. We cleared the way out of the elevator, and I crouched just before hearing the screams of a woman.

Objective : BYOO

Imperial-era starports. History would say they were clean, sparkling places. Now one could take this with a grain of salt. Imperials were renown for their propaganda and sometimes it was hard to separate fact and fiction in these cases. Now, Judah had bought this starport sight unseen. In fact he hadn't even been present at the auction. A higher-ranking Salacia employee had did the bidding by proxy.

The plan was to make a grand second headquarters. A shipping hub would be included, perhaps using Elrood as their distribution point throughout their holdings on this side of the 'verse. Silver Sanctum space was a little trickier, using Etti IV for their operations.

Dinbar was the ideal location for their 'shiny' new spaceport. It was on the edge of the Lodon Ocean, which would make it attractive to his host of employees -- a high number of them were the aquatic variety. First..well, first it would take a lot of work.

The old spaceport hadn't be used in decades, favoring a new shiny one on the other side of the city of Dinbar. It was crumbling. Graffiti littered the sections of buildings. More recently, Judah had been informed of a zombie-like outbreak causing more havoc to the spaceport.

Work was cut out for them. Judah was hoping it wasn't going to come to bombing the buildings to get the creatures out.

Elrood was getting noticed. That was bad. Kunn dislike pirates a lot, but the fact that some of the non-service men and women were useful for the Alliance? He was fine with them, mostly. He knew that the Starchaser clan seemed to be a bunch of smugglers, but they fought for the right side, so that was good enough for the Sullustan. The pirates were in sight and the pilot grabbed the stick tighter.

“Keep watch for me, Ball.” He all but ordered his astromech. The fighters were spreading out and starting to hunt down the pirates. Cuan had gotten a T-Wing in his scopes and squeezed the trigger, firing a few bolts at the fighter, melting the canopy.

“Pirates are entering atmosphere. Gold group, they’re yours. Everyone else, remain in space.”

Terrific. The one thing that Kunn didn’t light was flying in gravity, he was a Zero-G pilot through and through. Still, he double clicked his comm as Ball displayed a few more targets and the likely point they were striking at. A supply depot run by Incom.

Not pirates, privateers. Imperial.

“Hang on, Ball.” Kunn spoke as he pushed his deflector shield to the front. “Gold three and four, keep our backs clear.” He ordered, following Gold One.

[member="Sylvia Nuru"]
[member="Nubica Felidae"]

Objective: C

Allies: [member="Mediha"], [member="Rovasus Vonstrogg"], [member="Kai Xanatos"], Four Stormy Defectors

They were going to be exploring the lower levels of this old city. The Ravens weren't important enough to be dealing with pirates and other true threats yet - they were given the shoddy jobs. Be it wading through swamps, charting sewers, or dealing with the local fauna, the Black Ravens tended to be given the dirtiest and least commendable assignments the alliance had to offer.

And they always met them with a smile.

The legion of defectors was eager to please. Some less than others, but the general attitude was that of young men and women looking to prove themselves. Darius, as their Jedi overseer, would be accompanying them. He never sent his men off to do something that he wouldn't; Master Sedaire had taught him that much. With him was the Captain who retained control of the legion, as well as four infantrymen. Mediha had a place with them too, if she wished.

They would be working alongside one [member="Kai Xanatos"] and his men down here. Darius was thankful for the presence of another team, though some of the Raven soldiers were a bit more than displeased.

"They're pairing us up with mongrels?" One of the men grumbled through the squadcomm. Another man shook his head, "Brass says there's something nasty down here. I don't believe it. Waste of resources."

Darius waved them down. "Pipe down. Let's not start drawing lines between us and our allies."

The soldiers grumbled, but fell silent all the same. Darius drew his cowl over his face and approached Kai. "My men are ready. You can take a point if you like - I figure this'll be a dry run honestly. We'd be of more use dealing with pirates."

Objective A
Allies: [member="Reef"] [member="Nubica Felidae"]

Gold three and gold four, keep our backs clear...

Oh feth it all, was she Gold three or four? Sylvia couldn't remember. She hadn't been able to squeeze in as many practice drills as she would have liked to since her change over from First Order to Galactic Alliance. But what did her father always say? Fake it until you make it, Lt. Nuru.

"Gold four here, roger that," she said quite confidently that yes, she was Gold four. Even if she were Gold three.

The Red Devil peered into her radar at the targets which were close enough to fire upon now. But the ships didn't have the appearance of pirate ships. Were they escort ships? Transporting prisoners? Diplomatic vessels?

"Cardinal, do you have any scanning mechanism to tell who those ships belong to?"

The astromech beeped a negative sound.

"Well, we'll have to get a little closer than," she said quietly. She could always hail them, but that would announce her position as well, although it was likely they could see the Gold Squadron approaching.

Tensing up, Sylvia adjusted the Sightline, thumb poised above the laser cannon button.

Objective C
[2-20]
Allies: [member="Darius"],

I turned around to a man's voice and his troops that were with him. May as well meet up and join forces. I looked over his men. Mine were clad in the Simple Trooper gear, and it seemed like these other folks were in the same. However, they were clean... We were not. I had heard the men grumbling about us "mongrels" and I would have liked to take my blaster and... I'll save that for a different time. Instead, I held out my hand to the Jedi. Clear by his robes, and attire. Not to mention the Lightsaber hilt on his waist. I eyed him, though he couldn't see that through the mirrored visor I had on my armor.

"Likewise Jedi. Anyone would be better up facing pirates right now."

I turned to my men. Still in their formation, but two of them were behind me checking their gear one last time, and avoiding eye contact with the other group.

"Honestly, You would be in charge Sir, but if you feel I should. I'm ready."

I raised my hand with my gun still in the low and ready, my off hand making a circle motion in the air, as I spoke, "Let's move! I want to be home to eat dinner."

We started to head south. Following one of the many passageways in the underground. I moved forward and took point. Standing off to the left, and making sure my left side was almost against the wall. If anyone came out of a hall, or door, they would have to walk right into my line of fire to shoot at me, or even then, see me. With a semi-enclosed space like this area, it was easier to control. However, Once walking out into a doorway, it opened up to a huge, and expansive underground city. One that had been here longer than all of our years combined.

I whistled, and shook my head.

"Gonna be a queen to clear everything."

1/20
NPC Count: 5
Allies: [member="Darius"], [member="Kai Xanatos"]

Rovasus wondered why he agreed to work with the Jedi sometimes. Not because of political difference or military standard, but rather because he questioned their ability to judge a proper response to ludicrous reports. Retrofitted T-21 strapped and properly fixed to his shoulder, the Ex-Imperial Commando still walked on with confidence even if it was in the presence of dim glow-stick junkies.

As for the new face Darius never mentioned, Rovasus still read files on this [member="Kai Xanatos"]. Nothing was sacred, and the Captain refused to be put in the dark about anything. There was nothing to like, nothing to admire in this man as far as Rovasus was concerned. If there was anything to be impressed with to the former bearer of Imperial law, it was his new-found strength found within a prototype suit of armor uniquely crafted for a number of reasons, one being for a medical apparatus. The other for intense combat potential. A distinctly profound appearance that marked the Captain's place among the rest of his tried and true blaster jocks.

"It better be a dry run, Darius. You're wasting my time with this, the sooner this is over the better. The recruits need to actually be shot at to learn a thing or two. Get the point? As for the ally and his dogs, I'd suggest you shut up and I'll also keep the peace. Split it up and scrub the area, let's get this over with."

Rovasus signaled for his squad to form upon his position and then looked to what he considered more a valuable asset and an acquaintance, the Jedi.

"Ready whenever you lads are, or do I need to wait on you to have your beauty sleep, Jedi? Or did you call that meditation? Whatever the excuse is for you."

Liliane

L
Objective: D - Personal Business
Allies: The Galactic Alliance
Enemies: Enemies of the Galactic Alliance

"The problem is, it doesn't belong to him. He stole it from somebody who needs it," Lilin spoke to her holocomm while walking with fast steps on the rocky road, her lightsaber not ignited in her right hand. "It's the third time this week somebody has taken it. Gets kind of boring already."

While Lilin tried not to be involved in the grand scheme of things in the galaxy, she spent time doing various other things. She'd dropped her job as a cashier in the coffee shop she'd loved working at and decided to go with a more important and dangerous one. She'd been hired by a famous businessman to help him protect on of his most important relics.

The point was not to keep anybody from stealing it -- because it would get stolen no matter who was protecting it. The more important part was returning it within 24 hours.

"Well, yeah. Happens. That's why you were hired," the man answered via the holocomm. He was a young man, about as old as Lilin herself was. He had specialised in IT and therefore, was the one to keep an eye on the relic through electronic devices.

Lilin sighed.

Objective: Besh - Defeat groundside Pirates
Allies: Galactic Alliance
NPCs: 10
Enemies: Pirates

It'd had been a few months since Harm had joined up with the Alliance on Ord Vaug. He hadn't really intended to stick around, there was plenty more galaxy to see, but as he had to bum a ride off the planet with them and had already done battle on their side, he had decided to stick it out for the foreseeable future. His position in the Alliance was still a bit...undefined. He hadn't yet joined the ranks of the military establishment, and he hadn't decided whether or not he would join the NJO to get some training, though that was likely to be the best idea. From what he had seen on Ord Vaug, force abilities could be a significant force multiplier to his current skill set.

Despite his lack of defined role in the affairs of the Galactic Alliance, he was more than happy to lend his service to their mission while he figured out what he was going to do in the future. Currently, that meant helping to secure an Incom facility. The Alliance intelligence community had received word that Elrood, and Incom in particular, were going to be hit by pirates looking to steal some designs, so Harm was placed in charge of a small unit of mercenaries who were in a similar place, not sure if they were going to join up officially or go off to find better fortunes.

*Aurek Base to Centaur company, pirates are in system. They have not gotten close enough to deploy dropships yet, but be prepared for insurgents.* Harm paused in his rounds to listen to the message. His eyes never stopped scanning around him, moving between the area around him to the scanner readouts on his HUD and back again. He flashed an acknowledgement to Aurek base and Centaur actual, then switched to his squad channel.

*Chiron actual to squad, you heard the report. Keep your eyes peeled for insurgents and dropships.* He continued moving on his circuit. Chiron squad had external security duty for the A-Wing production facility. There was more to the facility than was visible above ground, but the only ways in or out were up here, so his crew was the first line for the new A-Wing design.

Nubica Felidae

We are well and truly forked...
[Post=2/20]

Well before the enemy reached them, Nubica had a bad feeling about this.

First they were distant blips on the sensor board, moving along the flight path of the X-wings, hundreds of kilometres away. Then they crept near enough for the sensors to identify them by class. Finally they were close enough, only a few klicks off, that the astromechs' visual sensors could capture images to show the Alliance pilots

Nubica glanced at the image on her screen. The privateers were heading for the planet. "It looks like we have company."

“Following them down, as requested.” She was nothing if not versatile — but fighting inside the atmosphere was going to be a first for her. But on the plus side she was a quick learner.

[member="Sylvia Nuru"] - [member="Cuan Kunn"]

2/20
NPC Count: 5
Allies: [member="Kai Xanatos"], [member="Rovasus Vonstrogg"]

Rovasus was lucky the padawan had grown used to his chatter. At first, Darius was put off by the former Imperial. The Captain certainly wasn't the nicest sort, and had a particularly grating sense of superiority. Fortunately, things had changed somewhat on Ambria. The Sith monster [member="Abraxas"] fell, and Rovasus was saved from the hands of death. For a very short period after that, the captain had seemed grateful. Then he'd slipped back into his old lovely self.

"Didn't catch your name soldier. I'm Darius." The padawan quipped to Kai as soldiers began to file into the tunnels. He had not time to say anything more; the sweep was beginning. His soldiers marched in after Kai's, their helmet lamps lighting up the dim underbelly of the city. Darius ignited his lightsaber, its blue glow adding to what little illumination they had.

"You know, I could always miss my target and send you falling down into the abyss Rovasus," Darius snickered as they crossed over one of the underground bridges. There was only darkness below. "It'd certainly give you time to learn how lovely meditation can be for the mind."

The padawan came to a stop as they crossed the bridge. Kai's men had point, and the Ravens were fanning out to examine adjacent tunnels. Things were going smoothly enough, and yet something felt...off.

"Hold for a moment," he muttered through a frown, "There's something wrong here, twisted with...I don't know exactly."

A single moldy limb stretched out from one of the tunnels. The rotten head followed; glowing yellow eyes peered through the darkness at the soldiers. Then another pair, and another, and...

The mob of living corpses watched them in silence. Darius froze.

"...Open fire!"

Objective C
[3-20]
Allies: [member="Darius"], [member="Rovasus Vonstrogg"],

As we continued to move, and coming out into the large, expansive city, The Jedi's saber hummed behind myself and my men. Even more so with the Ex-Imperial Captain acting very much like an ass-hole. Once again, if I could just take my blaster and hold it in his face without consequences. I hated people in power who were uptight and had a stick up their ass. He seemed like one, and since I was taking point, I was so tempted to walk over and push him off the side like the Jedi had recommended. However I didn't. He could have known more than me about battle tactics, and fighting creatures that went bump in the night.

I shook my head and kept going. Answering the Jedi to my name. "Private First class Xanatos. Been with the Republic, and Alliance overall three years service." That's all I needed to tell him. I wasn't going to tell him any more about me. He didn't need to know anything else. This Darius was a talkative one. That much was for sure. However it kind of came in handy when he said that something felt off. I could feel a tingle in my spine. Almost like I knew something bad was coming. A Sixth sense if you will.

As the first individual came out with ripped flesh, and eyes as deep as a Sith's, I held up my rifle and yelled "Open fire!" Just as the Jedi said so to his own troops. Something was going on.

I let loose on my trigger. pressing the S-O-B fast enough to be a full auto rifle. it was the initial shock that this was not good. As we kept firing. more and more of these people kept coming. All with the same open expression and eyes that were filled with hatred. The loud sounds of blaster fire, men yelling to kill whatever it was, was loud enough to attract everything else. I rushed over to the Jedi and grabbed his collar.

"Take your men and head back! Make sure we have a way to get out of here."

Letting him go as I heard one man scream, I turned to see three of the "infested" grab him and start clawing at his armor and trying to bite and claw their way through. I could hear ripping, and it was when more walked around, and the man was enveloped in the crowd.

"GO! I'll cover you!"

Ripping off a thermal detonator, I primed the grenade, and threw an underhand toss to get under the feet of the mob. I then started to precisely fire at each of the people's heads. Dropping them faster than the hail of blaster fire from the rest of my men could. The grenade went off, and a large portion of body parts, bodies, and even debris went flying. Taking out a few dozen with how jam packed and how fast they were coming out. I primed a second one, and tossed it. Turning and running, I rushed to a console by the doors we had walked past.

Trying to get it to close the doors. Maybe that would prevent the infested from reaching us for that much longer.

Objective: A - Eliminate pirates, capture commanding officer.
Allies: [member="Sylvia Nuru"], [member="Cuan Kunn"]

Elrood.

It was a world he'd heard of, if only faintly. Some backwater joint with a reputation for manufacturing and getting into trouble it shouldn't have been in. And as of late, that latter statement rang true when Marcus was peppered with a series of messages and orders from Alliance command. Pirates, reanimation viruses, and a heap of other problems that he couldn't even bear to read. Even as a "highly-paid, professional soldier," there was always a cloud of doubt in his mind as to whether he was really doing the right thing or not.

He wanted to fight Sith, not a load of backwater scum. But, alas, orders were orders.

"We'll be exiting hyperspace in about two minutes. Best prepare yourself, Mando boy." Miranda chirped as she handled the Harlequin's systems.

"Already am," Marcus replied, "And stop calling me that. I swear, you're getting worse and worse each day."

The AI wasn't even fazed. That cheerful little grin on her holographic features remain unfaltering as her image inched closer. "Make me."

Marcus rolled his eyes and heaved a sigh, knowing all too well that she could notice his expression even from behind the T-visor.

"Just get us there in time for the operation. I don't feel like having to explain why I was half a galaxy away."

"Say please, Mando boy?"

"No."

Objective : BYOO

Doing a low sweep of the spaceport, crews seemed to have a permanent frown on their face. Decaying buildings was one thing but a horde of infected creatures as another. There seemed to be no real life in sight, merely shuffling and ambling things. There was always the thought of firebombing the place out but it held the potential to also kill civilians. Part of the new Dinbar spaceport also had quite a large building, one Salacia would take over for headquarters on the Rimma Trade Route. Bombing it would be an extreme waste of resources, considering the half-way decent shape it appeared to be in.

It was going to require Firemane and their crews to do the dirty work. [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] wouldn't be on hand to lead the squadrons to secure the several city blocks now owned by Salacia. However, they were confident in all of Firemane's employees. The biggest thing would be to ensure that no Firemane employees died or no Elrood civilians got caught in the cross fire. It would be a rough start for Salacia if they came in and merely started to blow up the locals.

Gunships and dropships landed, full of Firemane PMC and security forces. Most seemed all too eager at the chance of 'easy violence' in their assigned task of clearing the spaceport and creating a green zoned perimeter. Work couldn't be done if Judah's employees were getting bit every time they went to put up a sheet of durasteel.

Leading the charge was Commander Rae Wyrick , personally trained by Lady Kerrigan herself. The woman commanded her soldiers with ease, one of the first of the gunships she was immediately barking orders.

"Secure concentric zones starting from this point. No one moves until each zone is clear, understood? Each block needs to be wiped out of this scourge as we make a perimeter. Move out squads!"

A chorus of 'yes ma'ams' and 'ayes' followed amongst the Firemane soldiers, followed by some hooting and hollering as the real work began. 'Zombies' had taken notice by now and had began to move in. Many already lay motionless on the ground, barely having had the chance to move.

It was true, you get what you pay for. In this case it seemed the city blocks would be clear in no time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom