Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction TSE // What We Do In Darkness

CricketBarTSEredgold.png

Aagenti’s features remained unmoved by the Worm Emperor’s comments towards him and his purpose, seemingly as stubbornly still as stone. Though, as the Emperor rose from his seat to speak on matters grander than him alone (as tough as it may be to believe there were things grander than him), the Sith Lord stepped back, slowly turning his eyes outwards and upwards to look about the space at all those gathered as the eidolon spoke. He could feel the power burning from the Emperor like sunlight, though he bade himself to be still, and he watched, and he listened.

He couldn’t help but let a small sense of bitterness build like bile at the back of his throat at the mention of the Empire’s inevitable fall, feeling a silent dagger stabbed into his back at the unspoken castigation and the salt in wounds still fresh. But he kept himself still, looking at the faces of those gathered, letting the words of promise fill his mind as his eyes took in the space and the presence. Here was a crucible where a new empire could be forged. Untouched by strife and war, and disconnected from the world outside save for whatever tools this Sepulchral council had at its disposal.

Aagenti couldn’t help but gleam a sense of passing curiosity at the raucous applause of the congregation all around him, his eyes looking upwards as the storm gathered and sparked across the ceiling, painting the world below in the deep colors of its malevolence. Truth be told… he didn’t have half a mind or care for the theatrics and the fanciful talk of induction or being made a crusader or a pilgrim. He obviously offered a small applause for the show of it all, but he did what he could to cut through to the central ideas of what was spoken.

Restoration. Decay. Destiny. Truth. Purity. Destruction. Rebirth. Rebuild. Grow. Prosper.

Evolve.

All this in exchange for secrecy and trust, two commodities in high demand in the day and age of current. But Telis saw it in the eyes of all those gathered - they were spellwoven, spoken to not as men but as gods who have lost their pantheon and want nothing more than it returned to them. They were intoxicated by the same power that intoxicated him, and though they still lucidly thought and dreamt of the Dark, they had been taught by nature to walk above all those around them. They had been offered each a golden throne… and he couldn’t decipher as to whether or not there was any intention to provide or not.

Telis smiled beneath the shroud of his hood, his clapping falling away as he turned back to the Worm Emperor, taking hold of his staff once more and planting the bottom of it against the floor. Raising his eyes to look at the demiurge again, his face still as he spoke above the sounds of the whirlwind now above, ”That is a lofty offer to make: ‘every dream and goal one could hope.’ I will be interested to see just if you will provide… not that I doubt your capability by any means. Your presence alone is proof enough of the truth of your power, but still you intend to create unity between a thousand forces going in ten thousand different ways. Though, perhaps that’s where your perceived divinity lies: not in strength, but in the ability to unite the Sith.”

The Sith shrugged, his metal hand glinting the light of the storm above, making it all too evident his impairment. He wasn’t fazed by the maelstrom at all, though the display was all too familiar to him the first time he danced this dance, many years ago, vying to be the acolyte of Darth Abaddon. He crossed his hand over his chest, placing it on his staff and pushing his shoulders back to stand tall and proud before the presence. The gloom over his face seemed wholly dispelled by the arcing dance above, his fair complexion and wholly human appearance made all too evident. Though, he spoke on without delay, save to eventually fully pull his hood down, no longer having need for it.

”’My liege,’ you claim that I am worth my potential and yet I can’t help but feel that I am no different than all others here. You speak of my worth again and again, yet I do not think I have any more worth in your eyes than any sycophant that comes to your feet and demands your attention. I was not raised to be entranced by displays of power, nor is it in my nature to bow beneath the heel and grovel and bite my tongue.”

Aagenti extended his arms out wide, the smile on his face returning in grim slyness. He took in the entire encompass of the room, standing as tall as he could within the miasma of power and the dozens of faces of Sith feared and unknown. He was somewhere between the chaos of it all, but he spoke with a passion that seemed to rise from nowhere, force behind his words.

”If I am unknown to you then let it be so, but know this: I will not prove my loyalty through oaths of solemn swears or playing the part of the servant. I speak only when words are my actions, and this is no different.I will not be propertied nor seconded in whatever endeavor unfolds before us all now; I will act so long as I am given room for my ambition to grow and prosper the same as this new empire. It is not in my nature, as a Sith, to be content as serving amidst the nameless hundreds, so if you would have me just be another voice in this crowd, then let this hand prove instead that I am worth more than whatever expectation you have of me.”

Aagenti raised his metal hand as he spoke, curling it into a fist and bringing his staff harshly against the ground once again, holding his fist up with stalwart intent, his will burning in his golden gaze. For a moment there was a wildfire blaze from within him, his skin alighting in jagged, crimson light that cut deep into his flesh. It burned for but a moment, the Darkness briefly rolling off of him like waves and melding with the air of the room. But then all at once it vanished, the light beneath his skin fading and leaving just the man before the emperor, mortal beneath the storm raging above.

”I am Telis Taharin-Zambrano, Darth Aagenti, Lord of Ambition and witness to the Sith Empire’s end… But name means naught if not driven by action. Thus let that be true for me all the same; you have summoned me as you have so many others to be part of this new beginning, but if I am to be treated as any other in this room, then let me prove myself to the height of my merit, or I be nothing worth.”

Telis held his fist frozen in the air for a few moments, before pulling his hood back up over his head. Letting his hand drop to his side, the Sith’s head finally bowed before the Worm Emperor, his staff still firmly planted and his form still strong and confident.

Aspect of Passion Aspect of Passion
CricketBarTSEredgold.png

Last edited:
ophiheader3_by_ebilmushroom-dcbrvme.png
Darth Strosius Darth Strosius , eager as always.

Perhaps too eager at times.

Ophidia righted herself when her apprentice spoke back, apologised, and spoke again. Her face grew stern as she looked down at him. It was not the words, nor the sentiments that she reacted to with such scorn, but the fact that he had not taken to heart the very lesson she had just given him.

"I said, compose yourself." She pointed a pale, bony finger up at his face. The slightly elongated nail was lacquered a purple so deep it appeared black until the light caught it. "Focus your mind."

Her voice dropped to near a whisper.

"Yes, you have much to learn, as do all who have stood in your place." "But you must learn not only what we have done right, but where we have faltered." Her finger flicked to over his shoulder as she gestured to the many Sith "Gatherings like these are rife with old wounds that fester, and new powers seeking to pluck their position from the tired and defeated."

Her expression went from stern to wry as her eyes narrowed mischievously.

"What do they see when they look at you?" She allowed him time to answer. "What do you see when you look at them?"

Her hand trailed over Sharan Maevel Sharan Maevel in her posturing, like a sheep dressed to stand among the wolves, past Aedan Miles Aedan Miles whose rough appearance made an eye-sore in comparison. She swept it past the two Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex -es before gesturing finally to the notable conversation between Telis Taharin-Zambrano Telis Taharin-Zambrano and the Worm Emperor ( Aspect of Passion Aspect of Passion ).

"There are things they display, and things they hide." Her hand withdrew into the layered robes. "They all have flaws, chinks in their armours, secret ambitions and allegiances."

"Observe, my apprentice."

She stepped to the side of Alisteri, signalling it was time for them to approach and get a better look at the goings on of this soiree. She noted that she had been recognised by the likes of Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf , but did little to draw further attention from old colleagues. Those who needed to know why she appeared would know by her actions and reputation. Those who knew her not were left unknowing by design.

Darth Ophidia herself was not beyond old festering wounds or ripe ambition.

Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae Darth Moirai Darth Moirai Decimus Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean Srina Talon Srina Talon Lirka Ka Lirka Ka Seela Leini Seela Leini Thaelius Thaelius

"We will have much to speak of later," rumbled Carnifex as He strode back into the mingling crowd. Vornskr smiled and laughed, genuine emotion in stark contrast to Carnifex's unshakable stoicism. "Of course, of course. I am as interested as you are to know myself." It was quite the sight, two near-identical Kaine Zambranos walking together in lockstep. One maintained the rugged features that the galaxy had come to fear, scars and tattoos all, while the other lacked such identifiable markers but was nonetheless the same in appearance.

Dark mops of hair cascaded down from their scalps, albeit braided differently and decorated with unique ornamentations. Carnifex's jawline was covered with a thick pelt of facial hair, portions of the black hair missing where scar tissue had grown over a grievous wound inflicted by Other Space Kaiden Other Space Kaiden . In contrast, Vornskr's face was clean-shaven and unmarked by any blemish. The edges of Vornskr's lips were curled up in a smile, his aloof demeanor anathema to Carnifex's grim and serious countenance.

Both of their eyes scanned the crowd, Carnifex recognizing more of the faces than His counterpart. There would be time to fill in the gaps of his knowledge later, as no doubt Vornskr would fill the gaps in Carnifex's mind as well. It pleased Carnifex to see that Ophidia had reconstituted herself sufficiently to materialize at this gathering, He had always been disappointed by her untimely demise. In time, she would become whole once more, but when that would occur He could not predict.

His eyes then settled on Operation Unit SV-2121, one who had recently adopted the name of Seela Leini; Fragile Dancer. With a beckoning hand, He bid her come and stand before her god, such attention rarely afforded to any among the faithful flock. When she stood before Him and had made the proper respect, He spoke with a serious tone.

"I have chosen you as my witness, SV-2121. Behold the new revelation, behold the Godhead." Carnifex gestured to Vornskr, "We are the same divinity, split into two vessels. The two who are one. When we depart from this holy world, you will spread this new gospel among the faithful. This I heft upon you, blessed child."

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
He wasn't too surprised when his master spoke again, but the finger in his face did bring him a moment of pause. "Of course, master." Even with the correction, his enthusiasm had diminished little. Just have to hide it a bit better I suppose.

That thought was pushed to the back of his mind as he rolled his shoulders, doing his best to calm his thoughts to little more than a whisper. He wasn't experienced at all in guarding himself mentally, but at the very least he could go without wearing his emotions at the forefront of his mind. Alisteri turned to follow the pointing finger, his gaze sweeping over the crowd assembled. A small part of him idly regretted how few he recognized. I need to get out more...He couldn't help but raise an eyebrow at Darth Ophidia Darth Ophidia 's words, glancing back at her for a moment.

The question caught him off guard, but he wasted little time offering a shrug before he responded. "Another face in the crowd more than likely." All for the better really, he wasn't too eager for attention from some of the people in attendance. His gaze followed as directed, running over Sharan Maevel Sharan Maevel and Aedan Miles Aedan Miles respectively. "I see unfamiliar faces, with even more unfamiliar intentions." He spoke low, hoping that his master was the only one that could hear it. His gaze narrowed at the sight of not one, but two Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex ...es. "I see a monster and its mirror, I can only wonder if the reflection is covered in as much blood." For the sake of the galaxy, he hoped that the two would kill eachother before they could leave the planet.

Then he set his sights on the main action in the room, Telis Taharin-Zambrano Telis Taharin-Zambrano and the enigmatic host of this little gathering. ( Aspect of Passion Aspect of Passion ) "I recognize the man, he had a flying beast and fought with me on Dantooine for a short time. As for the other..." His gaze narrowed again. "I see a coward on a throne."

Alisteri went silent as he listened to his master, offering her a nod in reply. She seemed to be content to keep him around for the time-being, and he certainly wasn't about to abandon one of the few people that he knew at such a dangerous gathering. He would follow her and keep watch as she suggested, and with any luck would go relatively unnoticed himself.

Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae Darth Moirai Darth Moirai Decimus Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean Srina Talon Srina Talon Lirka Ka Lirka Ka Seela Leini Seela Leini Thaelius Thaelius

Shadow_Fleet_Banner_3.png
Location: Throne Room, Khartsis - Ortuvessa, The Veinara Shroud
Arrived In: Ragnos Fighter/Interceptor
Equipment: FAE/A-09 Anti-G SuitX8 “Gambit” Elite Disruptor Pistol

The room fell silent.

The Worm’s words were cast as a shadow over the audience of Sith and their most-favored followers, among them Seela Leini, still reeling at the revelation of her Father’s counterpart. However, the electrum-clad faces and disparate, yet united voices of the Worm caught her attention as well, the esoteric entity who was once Emperor of a heretic faction, which had collapsed all the same as the Tenth Sith Empire.

Now, she bore witness to the forging of the Eleventh.

Inexperienced as she was to the politics of the Sith, Seela was initially surprised by the shift in apparent relations. Nevertheless, her mind was quick to follow the will of the Dark Lord, as it was programmed to do. Ironies and contradictions were quickly forgotten or swept aside, in favor of pure, blind faith to a higher power. Perhaps the only thing that separated her from the many other birds of the Dark Lord’s flock, was that her faith and devotion to His Eclipsing Mission had been acknowledged.

Her nostrils flared as she heard Him speak her number, the “name” she had went by over the course of the entire Third Imperial Civil War, from first sorites as a fresh-from-the-vat pilot to the last days of the war where she developed into a hardened interceptor ace, veteran of many celestial battlefields. That had changed only recently upon her ascension to the officer ranks, but hearing it spoken by Carnifex nevertheless caused her heart to rise in her chest.

Stepping in front of Carnifex’s towering, deific form, SV-2121 bowed before Him, giving her God all the proper respect, before listening dutifully to his declaration.

The New Revelation. The Godhead. The Two Who are One.

Such was the power of his words that they were burned into her memory, the tone and significance never to be forgotten by the tiny prophetess, so that she could disseminate His new declaration to the flock. The sensation of unworthiness lingering at the edge of her mind dissipated as she processed his last words, gradually coming to the realization that the task of spreading the testament was set for her and her alone. To doubt herself in the task would be heresy. This was her gospel to deliver.

The Gospel of Seela.

“Your will be done, Father.”

Last edited:

The air was filled with the electric grandeur of a show - but Maliphant stood next to the only thing he cared to look at. What lay before him was a festival to announce a new era, but the whispers in the crowds only showed the distrust for the enigmatic Worm and his honeyed promises. Now more than ever, he could sense the very nature of the Sith begin to rot away the foundations once more - but he couldn't help but agree with the Worm's message.​
Perhaps, unlike most in the room - or even Srina Talon Srina Talon , Maliphant had learned and tutored beneath the Worm for some time. He had come to acknowledge his ideals, the grand plan him and the Sepulchral offered - and had grown to agree. Perhaps not in the systematic nature of their plan, nor the fact they hid this shrouded nebula from even the Dark Council, but he could respect that it existed in the state it did at all. Worlds untouched by the nature of the Galaxy, a home for the Sith who had lost so much; now set to be vagabonds, mercenaries, and warlords.​
Not disimilar to the way the Mandalorian's had been forced to become what they were now - yet the major difference between them seemed to be that the Mandalorian's had no grand design or purpose. They were war mongers, lived and breathed tibanna gas lit aflame - their skulls were thick made thicker by beskar, and the Sith were anything but. Sith were ambitious, powerful, intelligent - a sharpened blade to the hammer of the Mandalorians. They were made as a people to be manipulated, and the Sith were to be the manipulators.​
Regardless of who joined today, Maliphant would see just what it was the Worm wanted to achieve; to see if this nebula was worth the opulence it carried. If it wasn't, and the Worm failed in his efforts once more; then he would simply replace him, and serve as the new Emperor. To give the Sith a real chance, away from the old guard, given to the designs of the future - a future designed by him.​
A small smile grew on his lips as his fingers twisted around Srina Talon Srina Talon 's own, and he remained quiet to the last.​

The Worm stood unmoving, black robes pooling around the statue of his persona draped like water. The masks glinted beneath the metaphysical lightning, and the crowds slowly came to silence once more as one of five masks began to turn towards the man known as Telis Taharin-Zambrano Telis Taharin-Zambrano . It jerked and sputtered like manipulated by a robotic puppetmaster - each gear forcing it to click back before moving forward again. When it settled, the deep gutteral tones of his regal bass came forth;​
"Darth Aagenti."​
"Lord of Ambition.", a woman chimed from one of the other masks.​
"A Lord of the Sith knows only one truth - they must claw from the world what it is they seek. We will not declare you different, but we shall let you prove your worth; to rise to the place you deserve, to where you belong, to where you are destined to be. Simply speak your challenge, and you are to be given fair trial of merit - in a kaggath, in war, or in any challenge you wish."​
"We would not hold from you what you may achieve, but just the same we will not give what has not been earned. With that, Spawn of Zambrano, do what you must."​
The mask looked away then - the many watching.​
"Just as all of you must. No long shall nepotism and favor win you your place in the new Order; but the merit of your actions, the skill of your blade, and the sharpness of your wit. While you may now have a home within the Veinara Shroud - we must work to undo what damage has been done to the Galaxy."​
"We must engage the enemy on all fronts, but not as the Sith have for so long; but as Darth Bane had introduced and Darth Sidious perfected. We must work through the criminal syndicates, serve as their politicians, their businessmen, their bankers. Generals, Admirals, the movers and the shakers; we must manipulate the galaxy and its roadmap to prepare for our reemergence; and only then shall we have our revenge, and be able to enact the final justice of the Sith Order. The absolute recreation of the Galaxy, free of the Celestials, of so called Destiny, of chains that bind."​
"As the Order has repeated for thousands of years, and many have forgotten; we must break our chains, but to do so we must prepare them to be broken. Rust them, cut them, do what must be done."​

Nepotism - Many had named it as the sole reason for her ascension. Nothing made Joycelyn angrier. Her anger did not simply stem from the insult and implication that she could not have ascended if not for her blood relations. A great part of it stemmed from the fear that her ascension may just have been nepotism. In hindsight, after her journey beyond, she had wondered about her appointment as Empress.

She had wondered about their intent, and about her role in the Tenth Sith Empire.

She had worked for it, but had she worked enough? She had proven herself in the ways of the Sith, but could she trust any appointment made with her family in power? These thoughts had cast a shadow over Joycelyn's desire to stand in the limelight in this meeting among the Sith. Subtlety was not her strong suite, and she knew it. War, battle, command, to crush her enemies and display their mangled corpses as a warning to others; these were the things she knew how to do.

A warlord, a butcher and a tyrant.

Vornskr - The name she had taken for herself, like the Wyyrlocks of the past, had a pedigree of bloodshed and terror. In her own mind, she more than lived up to it. There was just one problem now: The other Kaine Zambrano. In her mind, there could only be one Darth Vornskr. When her father became Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex he killed the persona of Vornskr, and Joycelyn revived it to carry on the legacy. Now, the first Vornskr lived, and as a result, she was in jepoardy.

Joycelyn could not say it was the first time she had contemplated toppling some version of her father - That was just what daughters did.

One of the Vornskrs had to go.

A familiar flavour filled her mouth, making the giant of a woman realise she had been biting her index finger in her contemplation. Ruby droplets welled up, causing her to kiss the wound to suck up the excess blood and then put pressure on it. As her eyes flicked back up, they settled on a man she knew primarily by reputation: Aedan Miles Aedan Miles .

Joycelyn had hunted pirates for the Empire before. In doing so, she had become very familiar with their tactics, and with common counter-tactics.

She began to move closer, keeping as casual as she could while wading through Sith of smaller physical stature, like an adult wading through a procession of children. She almost stepped on one individual, which hissed as it moved away from her stride. There were things now she desired to discuss with this self-proclaimed pirate king.

Ophidia nodded along with Alisteri's observations, observing how her apprentice's mind worked.

There was not enough blood in the galaxy for two Kaine Zambranos to stand on equal footing, and it was certainly curious what would drive Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex and his mirror forward. Would they meld? Coexist? Or would they seek each-other's destruction? Surely, the galaxy would tremble to know there were two of him working together.

"Cowardice is a strong word" Ophidia eyed her apprentice but made no sign to refute his statement. "Especially coming from 'just another face in the crowd'."

"They will underestimate you, Alisteri- Or overestimate themselves." With subtle nods, she gestured to Telis Taharin-Zambrano Telis Taharin-Zambrano and Aspect of Passion Aspect of Passion at the throne. "Make sure you don't make the same mistake."

"Notoriety is a powerful tool, but so is obscurity if used properly." A subtle nod gestured to Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf as an example "The most powerful and influential are not always the loudest."

The ashen lord of the Sith let her eyes fall upon the Worm in his metal masks as he made his bid for subterfuge and a steady building of power, invoking Bane and Sidious as examples. The former had purged his order, and the latter murdered both his master and apprentices. Betrayal was the key to what the Worm bid them do.

"We are beset with enemies, my apprentice, inside and out." "Let them not stay unfamiliar."

Darth Strosius Darth Strosius

Aedan smirks as he listens drinking from his bottle of rum his eyes half closed as he listened to the one known as Worm speak a bored grin on his lips as he leans against the pillar he had come to stand by. Mismatched eyes traveling over those present half raising at the sight of two versions of Kaine Zambrano tilting his head with an absent hum he shrugged it off and downed the rest of his rum. Frowning he sealed the bottle and merely spun the now empty glass bottle between his fingers. Eyes taking in those present they noticed Srina Talon Srina Talon and her cold glare drawing a bland chuckle from the man as he turned onward noting two standing near together to his best guess most like a Master and her Apprentice Darth Ophidia Darth Ophidia and Darth Strosius Darth Strosius moving on they spotted a figure who seemed to be locked onto his destination.

Sighing Aedan tilted his head back debating on the validity of attempting to disappear into the shadows of the pillars to find a new perch but he was rather comfortable. Finally he shrugged to himself and shifted to relax against the pillar as he awaited for Joycelyn Zambrano Joycelyn Zambrano to reach him eyes tracking her movements calmly as he returned the bottle of rum to a pocket within his trench coat. As she approached he spoke up his voice carefully blanked as he grinned a bit. "What is it I can do for you hmm?" He tilts his head calmly as he looks at the one that had approached him.

She could see how he shifted, how he considered moving to another position. And when Aedan Miles turned his back to the pillar and watched her approach, Joycelyn knew he had decided to stay.

Joycelyn had always walked like a soldier; her approach was direct and her stride quick, though not hurried. She did not waste any time or any energy on pretending to be someone or something she was not, unless it was absolutely required. If she wanted something, she would take it. If she wished to speak to someone, she would find them and do so. Even so, er face was impassive, focused; whether she was coming to provide Aedan with a compliment or sock him on the jaw was up in the air until the very last second.

Her hand balled into a fist, squeezing down on the wound on her knuckle.

Only in the last stride did she slow down to not collide.

"Captain Aedan Miles Aedan Miles , yes?"

Her left hand disappeared down to her hip while the right reached out to the pillar to support her as she leaned in. Her neck and shoulders craned over to look down at the pirate, yellow eyes gleaming intensely. This close, it was easy to see the family resemblance of the Zambranos. Even without comparison, one who knew the face of Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex would recognise him in Joycelyn.

"You fought against us in the Invasion of Mandalore." "And I hear you are quite the pirate."

Her head cocked slightly to the left, but maintained eye-contact.

"Am I correct?"

Her tone of voice was not overtly aggressive. Perhaps it was simply the accent that made her sound like she was about to begin a criminal investigation.

"To once more be born from the ashes." Another figure joined the masses, burning eyes glued to the display. The Worm. Two of a former Emperor. Other, powerful Sith. It was a group fitting of a rebirth. The Firrerreo idly traced various runes on his thigh, humming a soft tune. A song he'd heard once. A kind family had taken him in after the collapse of the Empire, giving him a place to recoup. Learn.

They burned quite well with their homestead when the call came. Chains to be broken, to make him stronger.

He reached up, idly scratching the chin of his cat like familiar perched on his shoulder. "We can get stronger, again. Aren't you excited?"

Well that was certainly one thing she agreed with the Worm about, she thought as the dark side entity made its desires known on the direction of the Sith. More than most, she knew that Kaine's Tenth Sith Empire had been a means to an end; to gain power and followers and wealth, and to gain knowledge. It had served its purpose.

But the Sith could not, and would not, remain idle. As the Worm said, they needed to infiltrate every layer of every society in the galaxy. She and her followers had already begun in the Alliance and in other schemes to gain influence and power in other parts of the galaxy. Taeli had always been a proponent of shadow power, to act in the background while controlling everything until the opportune moment. It had worked to great effect the many times the Sith, and herself, had used such methods.

"The Alliance Senate is quite involved with investigating the New Jedi Order's actions during the campaign in the Stygian Caldera and their conflict with the Maw in the Unknown Regions," she said quietly. She knew the Worm would hear her. "There is a surprising lack of trust between the Jedi and the Senators after a series of attacks and staged actions against certain individuals. Our rivals in the Maw have been busy themselves."

Aspect of Passion Aspect of Passion Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean Srina Talon Srina Talon Thaelius Thaelius Decimus Darth Ophidia Darth Ophidia Joycelyn Zambrano Joycelyn Zambrano Firrerreo Firrerreo Darth Strosius Darth Strosius Telis Taharin-Zambrano Telis Taharin-Zambrano Darth Moirai Darth Moirai

Carnifex reached out and placed His hand over Seela's head, brief discharges of lightning dancing down each finger. A sudden and painful burning sensation would wash over Seela's forehead like someone had taken a blowtorch directly to her skin and kept applying heat. Yet no matter how hard or violently she thrashed against the Dark Lord's grip, it would never waver nor diminish in its hold.

Then, He would suddenly release her.

What remained behind was a symbol etched into her cyan flesh, the symbol resembling the runic Sith variation of the Aurebesh letter trill. "I mark you as one to carry forth my revelation, let all who gaze upon it know that you bear my favor." The pain would never truly subside, a dull throb replacing the searing agony that had previously radiated across her head. It would be an enduring mark of her God, a symbol to let the faithful know that she held His favor and spoke His truth.

RusUiuP.png

"Contemplate what you have seen today, Seela, for it is the beginning of a new era." Carnifex then turned to walk away, Vornskr lingering for a second before following.

For a few moments, the pair were silent only for Vornskr to break the growing silence; "These cultists you have accumulated interest me, I sense that they are not natural offspring of our galaxy?" "You would be correct, they were bred from tissue samples. I came to realize that the children of the Force are weak-willed and vacillating, their allegiances shifting like the tide. From this revelation, I conceived the Hadzuska Koshûjontû, the Shadow-Born. They were made for loyalty alone, they will never falter."

"I see. I could feel her thoughts and emotions, she worships you with every ounce of her being. I assume the others are the same?" "Yes, though you will find that the women are more feverish in their devotion than their male counterparts. SV-2121 is particularly zealous, but she is not the only one." "Is her size an abnormality?" "Several genetic strains held a disposition for shorter statures than average, the work of extracting suitable samples has apparently exacerbated this dormant trait." "Very curious."

Carnifex and Vornskr stood before the Worm Emperor again, though Carnifex moved forward to distinguish himself as the speaker. "The seeds are already planted. The Maw antagonizes and sows chaos across the galaxy, drawing the eyes of our enemies to them. I have engaged in an alliance of convenience with their leader, another self-proclaimed Sith'ari called Solipsis." It was without a doubt that the Worm Emperor knew of Solipsis, this information was chiefly for those who were listening around them. "The Maw are animals, but even a rabid cur can serve our purpose. The Alliance will grow ever more frustrated and desperate to contain this new threat, it will make our efforts to corrupt them from within all the simpler."

"Csilla was but the first stepping stone to a larger attack, an attack that will come soon. We must all be mindful."

The Worm desired a more subtle approach to galactic dominance than the total war of the tenth Sith Empire; a wise call. It was through subtle manipulations that some of the greatest power-grabs in Sith history had come to fruition. The galaxy was rife with disagreements, big and small. Even the Jedi squabbled over how they should conduct themselves, and in the war of ideology those who stood united were habitually the victors.

Darth Ophidia placed a hand on Darth Strosius Darth Strosius 's shoulder again, then stepped ahead of him indicating that she was going to approach the Worm.

He would have to make a choice: To stay there, at the periphery, and watch or to follow behind her and mark himself as her apprentice. If he stayed, he would be on his own among a den of wolves. If he followed, then he would have to conduct himself with the respect his master demanded of him.

With or without him, the Pale Assassin approached the throne of the Worm and pushed the hood off her head.

Eyes like glowing embers, steady and unblinking, watched the creature of many electrum masks as her purple lips parted in preparation to speak. The two of them had never spoken before, and it was fair to presume his knowledge of her exploits was incomplete. She had revealed herself before as a Dark Councilor for the Sith Empire, but even then, her details were obscured.

Now, she approached willingly, the tattoos and scars that adorned her bare scalp on full display.

"We can infiltrate the ranks of Alliance politicians" She shifted her gaze to Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf for a moment, then to Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex "And we can fan the flames of the Maw and let them break themselves against our enemies." "But what we truly require is a complete breakdown of trust and communication between the major galactic players."

She took a moment to read the presences in the room while her eyes locked on to the Worm once again.

"I propose a series of false flag operations to erode trust between neighbouring factions." She did not lay out the details yet, as she knew not how loyal those attending truly were. All Sith held petty grievances. "We need to create the circumstances necessary for our infiltrators to best manipulate our enemies." "Let them deplete their troops, their resources, their cohesion, while we keep building ourselves stronger"

That was, after all, one of the factors that had lead to the downfall of the Sith Empire. So now, the Sith would learn from the mistakes of their peers and successes of their enemies.

"A new galactic war should be our goal, but this time we shall be pulling the strings."

Aspect of Passion Aspect of Passion Telis Taharin-Zambrano Telis Taharin-Zambrano Sharan Maevel Sharan Maevel Aedan Miles Aedan Miles Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae Darth Moirai Darth Moirai Decimus Lirka Ka Lirka Ka Seela Leini Seela Leini Thaelius Thaelius Srina Talon Srina Talon Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean Firrerreo Firrerreo

370d9lz.png

"The Crusaders would be an ideal target for mistrust. Zealotry is often viewed with mistrust from those on the outside. With the Maw on one side and these Ashlans on the other, I imagine the Imperials will find themselves full of anxiety if the Zealots were to.. Strike." Well, perhaps it was the desire to put these so called bringers of light in their place. But Firrerreo spoke out none the less, stepping forward with an eerily calm smile on his lips. He had to keep the smile to hide the nerves. These were the Sith who's names he studied and worshipped. The strongest, most influential.

He was in a room of his idols, doing his best not to just devolve into fanboying.

"They ride high on the defeat of the Empire. Such arrogance must be utilized against them."

Aspect of Passion Aspect of Passion | Telis Taharin-Zambrano Telis Taharin-Zambrano | Sharan Maevel Sharan Maevel | Aedan Miles Aedan Miles | Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae | Darth Moirai Darth Moirai | Decimus | Lirka Ka Lirka Ka | Seela Leini Seela Leini | Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf | Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex | Thaelius Thaelius | Srina Talon Srina Talon | Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean | Darth Ophidia Darth Ophidia

"Darth Solipsis.", the Worm seemed to correct, but allows Carnifex to continue before the many voiced god spoke once more.​
"For all that he is, the Maw's Dark Lord is still a Darth. One who has earned such a title shall not have it taken by us.", the Worm reinforced - as though it were the only rule he truly cared to maintain among them all.​
"Darth Solipsis is little more than a vulture and master of hounds. He suffers from pride, convinced his paltry strikes against the dying Empire gives him the right to claim to be its destroyer - a lie he tells himself to convince himself of the Sith'ari prophecy, yet he holds no control over his dogs. As you say, Darth Carnifex, they are rabid animals; but even a rabid animal is useful pointed in the right direction. We would encourage you to maintain your alliance, reinforce the Maw, assist them to wage war publically and openly."​
"The more rabid the beast, the more attention they will draw - and the more damage they cause, the easier our return shall be."​
But as soon as he would finish - others would move forward. Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf and Darth Ophidia Darth Ophidia - both legends of the Sith in their own right, came forward to offer their advice and knowledge on the subjects. The Worm would not move as they spoke however, nor would the masks refocus on any given person in the room. Unflinching and inhuman, he waited before he would speak again;​
"Darth Arcanix. Darth Ophidia.", he offered them - a sense of respect in the words, like a verbal bow.​
"You're presence is welcome - we are glad to see Sith of such repute join the genesis of our next era. The Frumentarii have spoken much on the maneuverings of the Maw, and some of this strife between the Jedi and the Senators. So too does tension exist between the New Jedi Order and their counterparts in the Silver; it is simply a matter of striking the chisel where they are weakest. Lead these efforts, kill who must be killed, and create the openings we need."​
"While each will be given the chance to lead themselves, work indepedent as trust allows, the Dark Council will soon be restablished. Those able should join them - and through those discussions, we may yet create a roadmap of our future. Infiltration of the major powers, war on a galactic scale, culminating with the reemergence of the Sith as the sole Galactic Power."​

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
A small tilt of his head was the only reply or reaction he gave his master when she commented on his judgement of the 'Worm Emperor.' He had no patience for grand displays of power and authority like the Worm presented, or even like those before it had done. All the various great Sith powers, none of them impressed him anymore. Once they had been demigods in his eyes, so far above himself and everyone he knew. Now though? He regarded them like one would regard a rabid beast, with tentative patience and a readied weapon.

In the end though, their power had meant nothing.

The Empire had fallen, and the thousands of lives spent holding it up in the final hours were quickly forgotten in the fires of Sith ambition. So many dead, just for the supposed leaders to gather here and act as if it were a great victory or some noble defeat. Too foolish to recognize that their sins bind the Sith just as much as the 'weak' that they so enjoy to tread upon. The thought left a bad taste in his mouth, and he did his best to keep his hand from drifting down to clutch his lightsaber in anger.

They may be murderers and cowards, but he wasn't about to fool himself into thinking that they were harmless. I leave the delusions to the Jedi. He nodded in agreement with his master though, as she spoke. Pride was a great enemy of the Sith, and it had claimed so many already. Alisteri knew his limits and weaknesses, in combat anyway, and his strengths were easy to keep in mind. Pride would not be his enemy, rather he would make himself an enemy of it if he were allowed.

"I am familiar enough with the silent approach master. I presume you know the saying about the quiet ones and all that." Subterfuge and subtle influencing wasn't his area of expertise by any means, there was only so much one Acolyte could do after all, but he respected the art of it. The small smirk that crept up on his face at the remark about enemies though. "Of course, my master."

Knowing the enemy was certainly something for him to work on in the future, and he didn't shy away from that fact.

It was when Darth Ophidia Darth Ophidia moved forward though, that his train of thought and calm composure began to slip. Of course she would make herself known to the Worm and the rest of the Sith, that much had been obvious since her arrival, but there was no way she expected him to follow her up to the throne itself. Surely not...right?

Either way she wasn't waiting for his internal debate to end before she began making her way forward, and he made no move to follow. Not even one hesitant step forward. He instead crossed his arms and glanced around for a corner or a wall to move to, something that would cover his flank. He had no intention of getting anywhere near the center of the gathering. With my luck I would be declared too 'weak' and killed on the spot. In addition, he had little doubt that he would be set off by something uttered from one of the more powerful Sith in attendance.

Better to wait and watch given his current position, sat near the back where any shows of emotion would not be as easily discerned or picked out in the crowd.

Aspect of Passion Aspect of Passion Telis Taharin-Zambrano Telis Taharin-Zambrano Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex Sharan Maevel Sharan Maevel Aedan Miles Aedan Miles Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf Darth Moirai Darth Moirai Firrerreo Firrerreo Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae Decimus Thaelius Thaelius Seela Leini Seela Leini Lirka Ka Lirka Ka Srina Talon Srina Talon Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean Joycelyn Zambrano Joycelyn Zambrano

370d9lz.png

"So much plotting and planning. Scurrying around in the shadows like rats. This is what I hate about this plan." The deep, snarling voice of another joined in. Gnox stepped through the crowd, his massive form towering over the others. Behind him more creatures of a similar shape to him yipped and growled, hungrily searching through the gathered Sith for any to show fear. For any to become their next meal.

The figure stopped before the gathering, blood red eyes gazing amongst them all.

"But it is the best path forward, and I will do my part."

Dark Valkyrie Matriarch
Moirai remained ever quiet as she watched and listened, but every now and then something or someone would draw her attention away. A spectre had appeared beside the masked apprentice, Darth Strosius Darth Strosius . She was amused at the sudden shift in tone from the young man, but her interest shifted to the newcomer quite quickly. The moment she laid eyes on Darth Ophidia Darth Ophidia , something in the back of her mind bristled. Her connection to the Netherworld flared, but the Valkyrie forced it to settle.

She lingered on the spectre for a bit longer, noting the numerous hands that were trying to grasp at their robes. As if in an endless cycle of trying to pull the being back into the Netherworld.

Interesting…

The other was Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf . Moirai wasn’t surprised at all by the woman’s appearance, knowing that despite her busy work within the Core, there was not a chance she was going to miss this gathering. She caught the Sith’s appreciative smile, and Moirai inclined her head in response. Over the years she had come to admire the woman’s ability with alchemy and science. Having seen and utilized the Sithspawn that had come from her experiments.

Moirai couldn’t suppress the grin, knowing of Arcanix’s latest.

She returned her focus to the gathering as a whole, listening as one by one a number of those in attendance spoke their piece. Taeli’s words sparked something in the Valkyrie’s mind, and she latched onto it.

Her time within the Sith Empire had been focused on the capture and conversion of Force users, be they Jedi or otherwise. But back then Moirai’s focus had been on forging warriors, those to be deployed across the galactic battlegrounds.

It seemed it was now the time for a scalpel, rather than the hammer.

Those that cannot wield the Force, fear it.” Moirai stepped forwards, her voice reaching the ears of those around her. “And through their ignorance they see both Sith and Jedi as one in the same.” There was no disguising the disgust Moirai felt saying those words. “It won’t matter the amount of assurances the Jedi give to Senators. Destroy enough, kill enough, and they’ll become further entrenched in their ideals. They’ll want to protect the general public, and they will scorn the Jedi for furthering the conflict.

Moirai paused as she looked around, eyes lingering on those in attendance before landing on Taeli Raaf. Another pause, and then turned to look at the Worm Emperor.

We should find those...malleable within the Jedi Orders, those who can be manipulated and turned to our ends. Convert them into a knife that can strike deep, when we call upon it.” Again she glanced over to Taeli, knowing the woman had done much the same thing during the previous iteration of the Galactic Alliance, and it’s Jedi Order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom