Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trolling Role-play Threads Will Get You Banned

Jak Sandrow

"Nobody cares for the woods anymore."
So, everyone, moral of the story: don't make random posts, like this:

post-13654-Carlton-Dance-gif-aF2b.gif

Sarge Potteiger said:
This is common sense. You shouldn't have to ask what warrants trolling. If you have to stop at any moment in time and go 'should I post this?'... don't.

Well... ouch.

Sometimes I wonder why I bother.

@[member="Triko"]

You quoted him out of context.

If you're going somewhere where you aren't wanted, and doing something that isn't warranted, you're trolling.

• Going into a private thread you're not apart of to make fun of the writers spelling? Trolling.
  • Posting gifs in a roleplay to mock another member? Trolling.
  • Calling someone out in an RP with OOC posts? Trolling.
  • Insulting another member 'snidely' within the 'OOC' parts of your IC post (that is to say, not your dialogue) by incorporating something like "Oh, well everyone knows that doing X is stupid and that's why MY CHARACTER NAME wasn't going to do that, unlike OTHER CHARACTER NAME"... you're trolling. Stop it.

This is common sense. You shouldn't have to ask what warrants trolling. If you have to stop at any moment in time and go 'should I post this?'... don't.
He went in way more detail than I would've, brokowski, and he's exactly right. If ever you think "should I post this?", you probably shouldn't.

Tefka said:
@[member=Triko]He went in way more detail than I would've, brokowski, and he's exactly right. If ever you think "should I post this?", you probably shouldn't.
I'm sorry but I'm going to have to disagree. We live in a dynamic world that changes, whether we want it to or not. The guideline of "should I post this?" meant something else ten years ago when I started writing in Play-by-Post RPs, and it will be mean something different ten years from now when I'm in my 30s. In my opinion, Triko had every right to ask his question, because the context of any situation is different. Treating it as an ethical principle is not correct, because there are exceptions. There are lessons that can be learned from it, yes, but it is not a comprehensive idea, and cannot be used as a the determining factor in any decision. I do not know Triko's state of mind, his thoughts, or his questions. I don't know why he came to the conclusion to ask it, but I do know that whatever process he used, he asked because he didn't understand something. To me, the search for knowledge will always be the driving force for the formation of questions. As odd as saying this will be, but there are no "stupid" questions.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
@[member="Vereaux"] That's cute man. Your willing to give him the benefit of the doubt by a large margin. But I think that when you pursue Tefka's point-of-view, you will do nothing but agree with him on all counts. It might appear we are covering this issue of Trolling in broad swaths. But I can assure you. Staff is nothing but specific.

As of right now, I have no idea who, or what, you are defending. I mean, Triko's questions was well and good. But his response above sounded like a childish micro-aggression to me too. Not sure why you'd bother defending it? :(

Jay Scott Clark said:
@[member="Vereaux"] That's cute man. Your willing to give him the benefit of the doubt by a large margin. But I think that when you pursue Tefka's point-of-view, you will do nothing but agree with him on all counts. It might appear we are covering this issue of Trolling in broad swaths. But I can assure you. Staff is nothing but specific.

As of right now, I have no idea who, or what, you are defending. I mean, Triko's questions was well and good. But his response above sounded like a childish micro-aggression to me too. Not sure why you'd bother defending it? :(
No doubt it was childish micro-aggression.

I was angry at the time because I asked an honest question and felt like I'd been shot down for it.

Maybe I am an idiot for not using my common sense. Nonetheless, I wanted specific guidelines, got them, and as such should probably be happy.

If this reeks of passive-aggression, it's not meant to.

I'll just step back now to avoid drama, I suppose.

Jay Scott Clark said:
A childish micro-agression? Really? I get Triko's point of view where he feels his questions were slightly shot down, but there's no grounds to call his actions "childish".

Jay Scott Clark said:
@[member=Vereaux] That's cute man. Your willing to give him the benefit of the doubt by a large margin. But I think that when you pursue Tefka's point-of-view, you will do nothing but agree with him on all counts. It might appear we are covering this issue of Trolling in broad swaths. But I can assure you. Staff is nothing but specific.

Before I drop the argument because it's requiring more energy than I wanted to give and it's leaving a bad taste in my mouth afterward, I'll say this: don't assume I will follow a certain point of view. I don't know yours. I don't know Tefka's. So far, I'm happy with what the Staff has done, but that's overall. There are things that have been said that I don't agree with, but that's my problem. So far, I have shared very few of my opinions in this site, and they've been taken graciously so far, so I'm happy about that. From what little I have encountered, my view point is incredibly different from everyone else. And that's okay to me. We wouldn't be the community we are without these different view points. So no, I don't agree with Tefka's point of view for one reason: I don't know it. I have never talked to him one-on-one to be able to understand it. Is this a bad thing? No. We just haven't had a need to say anything to each other. I am a person of principle, first and for most, because I don't have enough time to talk to each and every person to get their points of view. I will be the first to say I don't know. I go to school and work daily between 8 am to 9 pm, which gives very little time for me to do what I want.

Why am I defending him? Principle. I don't know his story, I don't know how he acts, but I didn't like the way he was treated for his question. How he responded is irrelevant; it's how people responded to him that's my problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom