Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trolling Role-play Threads Will Get You Banned

See the title. Probably the second most annoying thing to see in this community is someone posting gifs in and spamming up someone's role-play thread, an In-Character environment. The third most annoying thing to see here is a bully.

If you are caught doing either of these things, you will be dealt with.

Tefka said:
See the title. Probably the second most annoying thing to see in this community is someone posting gifs in and spamming up someone's role-play thread, an In-Character environment. The third most annoying thing to see here is a bully.

If you are caught doing either of these things, you will be dealt with.
Might I ask what you mean specifically by trolling threads?

Do you mean just completely irrelevant posts/spam or rather jokey posts?

Just curious. :)

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Tamara said:
But what is the most annoying thing? :p
Hey Tamara, did you get that ERP I sent to your PM box? It's the one with HK, the pink Twi'lek twins, and that Hottube full of Ewoks. I think I titled it something like, Bow-Chicka-Yubba-Yubba, or something. Thx girl. xoxo :D

Jay Scott Clark said:
Hey Tamara, did you get that ERP I sent to your PM box? It's the one with HK, the pink Twi'lek twins, and that Hottube full of Ewoks. I think I titled it something like, Bow-Chicka-Yubba-Yubba, or something. Thx girl. xoxo :D
That would be xD

Triko said:

Do you mean just completely irrelevant posts/spam or rather jokey posts?

Just curious. :)
If you're going somewhere where you aren't wanted, and doing something that isn't warranted, you're trolling.

• Going into a private thread you're not apart of to make fun of the writers spelling? Trolling.
  • Posting gifs in a roleplay to mock another member? Trolling.
  • Calling someone out in an RP with OOC posts? Trolling.
  • Insulting another member 'snidely' within the 'OOC' parts of your IC post (that is to say, not your dialogue) by incorporating something like "Oh, well everyone knows that doing X is stupid and that's why MY CHARACTER NAME wasn't going to do that, unlike OTHER CHARACTER NAME"... you're trolling. Stop it.

This is common sense. You shouldn't have to ask what warrants trolling. If you have to stop at any moment in time and go 'should I post this?'... don't.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Triko said:
I suppose I shouldn't be fascinated that someone asked this question. In my time I have discovered that many different websites have interpreted trolling and abuse very differently. So rather than attempt to answer this myself, I would rather encourage you, Triko, to seek out a moral position on the issue for yourself. Seek to define the difference between 'just having fun', 'being sarcastic', or 'simply poking fun at someone'; versus the closer alternatives of 'cyber bullying' and 'verbal abuse'.

Then. When you have come to a conclusion and can define 'Trolling' in your own words? For yourself? Compare and contrast your new definition to situations where others might, and do, interpret it differently. After all, every culture is different and every single person on the planet has a vastly different personal stamina with which to endure stress, resistance, change, and challenge.

Triko said:
Here is an example of trolling. It has nothing to do with the thread at all is is also considered spamming. So to answer you, anything that would be really considered spam or a waste of space in my mind. Like others have said. If you have this in a IC environment, it COULD be considered trolling.
Dancing_skull.gif

To offer my two cents:

Absolutely nothing is common sense. If something was, we would not have to remind people, and we would not have need for rules to enforce it. Everything that we know is a skill, and like all skills, it must be something learned. As a math tutor at my college, I have had to teach the most basic of math concepts for no other reason than they were never taught before. It doesn't happen often, but there is always an exception, not just with math but with everything we think everyone knows. Trust me, someone doesn't, and that's perfectly fine. We can't know everything, so we can't expect everyone to know this one particular thing.

Common sense is not common.

Also

Jay Scott Clark said:
Shh...shut up! You know Tef gets angry when we do those! <_<

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom