Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trolling Role-play Threads Will Get You Banned

Jsc

Disney's Princess
@Triko Ah. Your question was awesome man. I think a few of us just misunderstand your reply. S'all good. My bad. :D

@[member="Chupa La'Roi"] I get ya. Probably should have used a softer term to describe my perception. It wasn't an attack as I was talking to Vereaux in that post. S'all good. My bad. :D

@Vereaux I think I understand. It's very easy to be offended by something when you don't know what's really going on. I think we've all seen that nobody in this thread harbors any ill-will in their responses here. There has been that much clarification for sure. Good on ya man. :D

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Alen Na'Varro said:
Good guy Jay diffuses all of the tensions
tumblr_n074fjJhNS1rgrfiko2_500.gif

Jay Scott Clark said:
I think I understand. It's very easy to be offended by something when you don't know what's really going on. I think we've all seen that nobody in this thread harbors any ill-will in their responses here. There has been that much clarification for sure. Good on ya man. :D
Ah, hmm...well...yeah, basically >.> I feel like something went 180 but oh well xD

Jsc

Disney's Princess
@[member="Lady Silencia"]

What does my butt have anything to do with this? Oh. Wait. ...Wait. I get it. Cheeks. Haha. Cause I'm sitting down in front of my computer. On my butt. Ha ha. I get it. ...I get it. Well guess what beautiful. The jokes on you. Cause I ain't wearing pants when I write this!

*throws money*

*EDIT: I have been informed by a member of Staff that Silencia may, or may not, have been talking about my butt after all. Which makes this post kinda awkward.*

Sir Hammerlock

S
@[member="Tefka"]

Would trolling include over excessive boasting, gloating and posturing in a roleplay discussion thread?

@[member="Sir Hammerlock"] I'd say that unless it's directed at a particular person in a negative way, that would just be someone being obnoxious.

Triko said:
No doubt it was childish micro-aggression.

I was angry at the time because I asked an honest question and felt like I'd been shot down for it.

Maybe I am an idiot for not using my common sense. Nonetheless, I wanted specific guidelines, got them, and as such should probably be happy.

If this reeks of passive-aggression, it's not meant to.

I'll just step back now to avoid drama, I suppose.
Vereaux said:
I'm sorry but I'm going to have to disagree. We live in a dynamic world that changes, whether we want it to or not. The guideline of "should I post this?" meant something else ten years ago when I started writing in Play-by-Post RPs, and it will be mean something different ten years from now when I'm in my 30s. In my opinion, Triko had every right to ask his question, because the context of any situation is different. Treating it as an ethical principle is not correct, because there are exceptions. There are lessons that can be learned from it, yes, but it is not a comprehensive idea, and cannot be used as a the determining factor in any decision. I do not know Triko's state of mind, his thoughts, or his questions. I don't know why he came to the conclusion to ask it, but I do know that whatever process he used, he asked because he didn't understand something. To me, the search for knowledge will always be the driving force for the formation of questions. As odd as saying this will be, but there are no "stupid" questions.
Vereaux said:
I don't agree with Tefka's point of view for one reason: I don't know it.

Time and time again, the community asks Staff for specifics. Time and time again, even Staff asks me for specifics. Sometimes, Staff and I cave. Sometimes, I'm vague. This time, I'm purposefully being vague.

Because what we're dealing with here is a human element, one that's never the same in any given situation. Again, I maintain my posture as "Don't troll" and that's that - but I'll tell you why I'm not giving you specific instances.

1. If a member were to innocently defy these specifics, and another member had it out for them - the aggressive member could throw it back in Staff & I's face. Of course I'd #tyrannyreigns the situation, but this is a PR move. Staff saves face by not locking itself into a certain posture when I absolutely know from experience it will come back to bite us in the buttocks. I like taking ammo out of crazy people's guns before they aim it at me.

2. This isn't Morality 101. I've made decisions before, and I will again, that not even I agree with and I don't wish to publicize them. Staff & I will always make try to make the best decision we can - but that doesn't mean it's the best decision available.

3. I do not wish to lock Staff into specific guidelines when the precedent already exists. An excerpt from our General Rules states:

GENERAL RULES
Harassment and abusive behavior is absolutely not allowed. This includes trolling members and racial, sexist, religious, ethnic, sexual or political remarks that can be considered derogatory.

See this link: http://starwarsrp.net/pages/generalrules

The guideline I impose on you all is that of human decency and the Golden Rule: Treat others the way you wish to be treated. If your interpretation of this doesn't align with Staff's interpretation, we'll certainly let you know before you see the "You have been banned", so you'll know what not to do.

Only a Sith deals in absolutes. We Staff members try to be a bit more flexible.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Holy poodoo, therecis more drama in this thread than the ones that started it.... xD

Okay, maybe not AS much. But memes. And that old dude.... Scarred for life. Reporting u for mental trauma lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom