Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Triq-or-Treat | GA Dominion of Tasariq

dom1.png

Tags: Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze
Equipment: In bio

Xan said nothing immediately as he spoke up, though her technicolour eyes went wide as he offered her his own fries. Without hesitation she accepted it and began munching on it as well. "Your loss, choom. This guy's burgers are the kriffing best." She quipped with a mouth half full of fries before her attention focused entirely on her meal.

Then it was the burger. One saucy, malicious bite after the other, the amazing burger gradually decreased in size until it was snuffed out entirely with one more bite from her. She finally finished by wiping off the sauce from her mouth and licking off her finger as she glanced up at him. "You gonna eat your burger at all or are ya gonna pass that one along too?" She asked him with a raised eyebrow as she studied him and his meal... or what remained of it. If he wanted to be full of nonsense with his meal, he was going to get the short end of it.

"As for the favour... kark if I know. Think of it as a box of chocolates, you don't know what you're gonna get." She winked at him as she snickered away. If she wasn't an A.I. for more than a year and forced to watch it over and over again, she would have wanted to watch that movie again. "Basically I'll hit you up when I need you." She tossed the packaging of her meal into a corner of the roof and turned to face him. "Hell I'll even make the deal sweeter for you. You get to spend more time with an absolute legend, how can you say no to that?" She teased him casually as she rested her hands on her hips. "Are you always such a stiff or do you actually know how to have fun? Like damn, my ex was more lively and he's a karking Sith now." She grumbled as she turned to look over the streets beneath them.

H9JKu8a.jpeg

Seto Du Couteau, Senator of Empress Teta
Objective One:
Galaxy at Arms
Action: Listening
Attire

JiGZUcY.png

Once again Seto found himself sitting on the slightly comfortable seats of the Senate chambers. I would have thought the extensive remodels would have improved the cushions, not worsened them. Seto wearily sighed as he scrolled through his data-slate. The impression was given that this Senate hearing would be a rather controversial subject, and as he continued to read through the information it was clearly an understatement.

Quite the eyebrow raiser.

The Senate quickly began to grow restless, the low rumble of discomfort while others whispered words of interest to the idea. The bill itself included a large spending portion to planetary governments to spruce up their defense forces, more subsidization was always looked upon with smiles and green greedy eyes. After all the avarice of any Senator knows no bounds, Seto for his own part grimaced, the numbers for the slow but steady growth of the market indicated that nothing stops the credit flow.

The Credits must flow.

Almost amusingly, Seto smiled wearily before being snapped back to reality as the original proponent of the bill spoke. The Senator of Bilbringi gave her opening statement and purpose of the bill, and while her first few remarks of how more spending was needed the later part was a somewhat weak argument for the lift of the Cloning ban. Numerical advantage was an advantage in wars, clearly represented in the past conflicts, but it was not the de facto reason for the losses the Alliance incurred during the war against the Sith Empire.

Do not so quickly brush aside the moral issue either.

Seto inwardly flinched, he had no real qualms for cloning personally as he had been a part of several regimes that used Clones for the majority of their armed forces. As Dracken Pryce even mentioned one of Seto's old allegiance, memories surged that only brought a slow shake of his head. But in order to remove the ban on Cloning when it has been a long standard practice needs a solid argument, perhaps even more than that. Seto mused that it would probably take a great threat of collapse for such a ban to be lifted. He could already hear the thoughts of some Senators around him. We have beaten the Sith Empire, and now the Brotherhood thinks it can defeat the two governments that had bested that same Empire previously?

Carefully he rested his data-slate on the table next to him, his head rested on his arms as he leaned forward to hear more of the debate. The situation with the Maw was dangerous, but even with the attack on Coruscant, Seto was certain this bill would not pass with the Clone Ban lift included.
Such a shame too, I already approved several reports of how to finance a possible new military spending bill. . . such a shame to see all that work go to waste.

|| Mirana Praji Mirana Praji | Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe | Grand Moff Vel'alari | Eboi Seth Eboi Seth | Dracken Pryce Dracken Pryce ||

dom1.png

TRIQ-OR-TREAT
THE GREAT ERROR vol. II
Issue #5 w/ @
Xan Deesa

kwzlsmL.png
Sitting and chilling with Lady Darkwire on a rooftop was not how he had planned to spend the evening. It was probably nice - the skies above, feet hanging over the edge, greasy burger in hand, and meaningless chit-chatter; it's all too reminiscent of a past now long gone on Coruscant. But enjoying himself meant time wasted and with each second passing the Sith grew stronger. Their shadow over the galaxy growing larger.

Casually, Dag pulls the remaining half of his burger with the Force and offers it to the shadowrunner. She dives into her food like she's never had it before while contemplating on the type of favor. He's about to interrupt her when she mentions an ex gone Sith, then the stoic facade abates to a somber grimace, to the real Dagon Kaze.

"Sorry to hear that-- about your ex and all." silence befalls the two as they both aimlessly scan the lively area below. He'd lost his brother to the Dark Side, an irrecoverable loss; he'd vowed that no one else should suffer that same face. Not even the two-page rap sheet chilling next to him.

"...I'd say not busting you right here's a pretty sweet deal for you already, no?" he smirks then adds, "...but fine-- I'll gamble."

"I want everything on the Maw. Especially any links here."

H9JKu8a.jpeg

It was Ishani’s very first Senate session, and they were already debating the Alliance Defense Enhancement Act, a piece of legislation whose fate would have a potentially profound effect on her homeworld. Had it been naïve of her to hope that her first day on the job would be about deciding which peasant gets a cow, or something similarly mundane?

As the newly elected Senator of Chaldea, a planet which had only recently joined the Alliance for the protection the faction offered against the encroaching Maw, she was obviously inclined to vote in favor of the motion. Clones, droids, Ewoks—she didn’t care what the army was made of troop-wise, as long as they did their job.

Why don’t they just use droids?” Ishani asked aloud, the question coming shortly after Dracken Pryce said his piece. As soon as she spoke, the pod suddenly lurched forward. “Oh chit—” Ishani blurted, leaping from her chair. Had she somehow triggered something? She certainly didn’t know how to stop the pod from placing her front and center, poised to address the Assembly.

For a few moments she stood there like a deer caught in headlights, her eyes darting around and her mouth hanging open. Then she recovered as quickly as if someone had flicked a switch inside her head, straightening her posture and taking a deep breath.

Uh, I agree with…Who is that guy again?...the Senator of—Corellia?... If the number of troops needs to be increased, but you don’t want to use clones for moral reasons, you’re better off using battle droids. So why not use battle droids instead?Or are they banned, too?

Looking at the other delegates, Ishani couldn’t help but compare herself to them. Most of the senators were better dressed than her, and they were typically accompanied by a much larger retinue of aides and assistants than she had been equipped with. I’ll have to hire more, she thought—then immediately dismissed the notion. She would rather have only as many as she needed.

A droid would not possess the free will or sentience of a clone,” she continued. “And while it’s true that they could be sabotaged or reprogrammed, as the…” Her gaze flicked toward the little green Senator Eboi Seth, or rather the plaque with his name on it digitally projected across the front of his pod. “...Senator of Chandea—I mean Chandrila, pointed out, the same thing happened with a clone army sometime in the past. They’d had mind control chips secretly implanted in their brains, or whatever.” She tapped her temple with one finger, realizing only afterwards how stupid she sounded. To be fair, she didn’t know much about galactic history. Her face reddening, she smiled bashfully and spread her hands. “Point being, if the only concerns raised are ethical, battle droids would be the obvious solution. Just make sure they're high quality and don't have pain receptors.

She sat down, and the pod mercifully returned her to her original spot. Upon further scrutiny, it seemed many senators also employed personal bodyguards rather than remain totally reliant on the Senate Guard. Perhaps she should look into hiring a force of her own…

Last edited:

Vel'alari moved her motion on the floor, arguing that the government needed to provide more funding for the defence of Alliance worlds and that they should overturn their ban on cloning to counter the Sith and their own cloned militaries. “Now, I remind the Member for Bilbringi that the Alliance is funded by its member-worlds,” Tithe replied. “An increase in military spending would necessitate the… dare I say, raising of planetary taxes.” The Aargauun shuttered at the thought of government overreach, forgetting the add that the Alliance didn’t need to sink to the level of the Sith and join them in cloning.

Chandrilla, Corellia and Chaldea - the alliteration couldn’t have been more perfect if Tithe had tried - all voiced their concerns about the use of clones. Be it the moral conundrum they represented, concerns ongoing about the social support during and after the war (Tithe again shuttered at the thought of how much that would cost) or parallels to conflicts from the distant past, the Senators had taken issue with the motion.

Had Bilbringa included the cloning motion to draw attention away from the funding increase, making it look like the lesser of two evils?

Senator Sibwarra, representing a world that was not only the newest the join the Alliance but also one of the few which directly bordered the Brotherhood of the Maw, proposed commissioning a droid army to augment the Alliance. Tithe did his best to keep a straight face while surreptitiously reaching for a comlink. He turned on the device, inputted a short tap-code without needing to look down, and turned it off.

The companion devices, carried by Trade Federation Directors, would be coming to life, summoning them to the Senate chamber to represent their vast manufacturing interests. If Gat Tambor Gat Tambor was not slumped out in his Senate pod microdosing on Mind Spike, he might be able to put a sales pitch to the room. If not, it may fall to Aiko Hayata Aiko Hayata to lobby behind the scenes.

“Now Senator,” Tithe said, turning his attention to the Chiss. “Do you wish to move your motion to a vote, or, ah, yes, do you wish to lodge an amendment?”

Vel'alari

V
"My fellow senators raise valid points. Very well, I would like to propose an amendment to remove the cloning ban repeal portion of my proposal. And additional taxes in such a time as this are a small price to pay for security. Bilbringi does not object to sharing more of it's wealth to help protect it's neighbours. I will however continue to lobby for a repeal on the cloning ban at a later date once an agreement can be found that all sides can agree with.", she said with a nod. She didn't expect much success in repealing the cloning law, but her grace in defeat and willingness to budge this time around may prove to make her look more agreeable to her fellow senators.

"With the amendment in mind, I feel satisfied about pushing the proposal to a vote. At the end of the day, all I want is for the the Alliance to be strengthened against further hostility from the Brotherhood. The honorable delegate of Chaldea also raises an excellent point about considering droids. Something I shall certainly look into. Bilbringi certainly possesses the industrial capabilities for such, as do many other member worlds of the Alliance."

Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe
Eboi Seth Eboi Seth
Dracken Pryce Dracken Pryce
Seto Du Couteau Seto Du Couteau
Ishani Dinn Ishani Dinn
Mirana Praji Mirana Praji

Vice Chancellor of the Alliance
cic3xf.png

giphy.gif

The Chancellor's Podium + Senate Building + Coruscant

Denzul Vosh-Sularen // Sssar Taszzn // Seto Du Couteau Seto Du Couteau // Jak Ross // Dorsk 156 // Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe // Shoma Ike // Faith Organa // Carolina Tevinter // Vreemde Morteisen // Eboi Seth Eboi Seth // Dracken Pryce Dracken Pryce // Hyden Sy // Mazik Stazi // Donavon Arturo // Kryo Adab // Dalton Crowder // Julius Loghain // Kentaro Park // Brama Tagge // Jasol Dorsian // Elizie Athacorr // Grand Moff Vel'alari // Dominique Vexx // Annasari // Auteme // Gat Tambor Gat Tambor // Dorian Harper

GADividerWhite.png

Mirana watched silently, the Speaker's Staff resting in the crook of her arm as Chancellor Tithe took control of the session. The Federalist Bloc had always teetered on the issue of cloning, with their 'powerful central government' tendencies lending themselves more toward a massive centralized military ready to protect the Alliance. However, their strong stances against slavery, as a collective, prevented them from taking a strong stance on cloning. Adhira had been firmly against the continued practice of cloning for military purposes, but she supported allowing existing clones to choose their own paths. But, Adhira was not there. Mirana had to think for herself.

And Mirana thought that cloning for the purpose of building an army was morally bereft as a practice, not when so many other cost effective and ethically ambiguous options were available to a faction as large and mighty as the Alliance. Luckily, the proposal seemed to lose steam as the Senators continued to debate. She would be able to reserve her opinion for now, but it was time for a vote.

Her staff slammed against the ground, calling the chamber to order. "The Honorable Senator of Bilbringi has moved for a vote.... The amended question before the Senate is whether the ban on cloning should be lifted - or whether the Senate should take more time to explore this an alterative options for the expansion of military might."

"The vote is open."
Mirana pressed a button on the Chancellor's podium to allow the Senators to vote digitally for their preferred option.

dom1.png

Tags: Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze
Equipment: In bio

Xan was very glad that she wasn't an actual living being anymore. It meant that the Jedi wouldn't be able to sense the pang of disappointment and sadness from her as she ate her meal. To her surprise, he offered an apology for her Ex. It was a gesture she appreciated a lot. She didn't have anyone to talk to about it. Nobody on Denon knew about her and Cas' relationship and the only other person who knew had disappeared. She could try to reach out to the people he knew in the Order, but there was no guarantee that they even knew about it.

But that didn't concern him. She wasn't going to unpack her old relationship's issues on him right now. "Eh, don't worry about it. I'll kick his ass later the moment I find out where he is." She dismissed with a wink.

He finally agreed to her offer, naturally after issuing a snarky remark that earned a snicker from Xan. "If you think you can take me, choom. Though I get the feeling you wouldn't mind a smoking hot beauty kicking your ass." She quipped as she turned to face him. "The Maw, huh?" She thought about it for a moment. "Can't say I ever picked up anything about them on Denon. Sure we got some wacky cultists running around, but nothing related to the Maw." She swung around and stood up, giving him a flick behind the ear. "Alright, pretty boy, let's go see what we can dig up on 'em." With a powerful jump she launched herself onto the next roof and started to free-run over the obstacles towards her apartment. With the awkward situation between her and Cartri, she was definitely not going to stay there until it was sorted out. "I can get a better linkage to everything at my place. So try to keep up." She called out behind her as she ran along the rooftops.

Once they reached her shabby apartment, she led him to her bedroom where an enormous setup of terminals and other tech waited for her. She dropped into the chair and pulled her cyberlink from her wrist. "Sit tight, this might take a bit. There's some soda in the fridge... and be glad I'm doing this, I karking hate doing this." She commented before she plugged in and relaxed back into her chair. Her cybernetic eyes glazed over and the lights went out. By all accounts her body looked completely dead.

A few moments later, a hologram of Xan's older look appeared in the room, projected from a nearby projector. "What's up loser. Friendly reminder that I'm keeping my eye on you. Alright let's see what we can find..." The hologram disappeared for a bit as Xan plunged into the Holonet once more.

After a few minutes, Dagon's datapad would light up with several dozen notifications of files with coordinates, conversations, pictures and other data on the Maw inside and outside of their borders. "You owe me big time for this, choom." Her image reappeared, this time on his screen, not looking very happy. "Alright, sit tight. I'll be back in real space... now." It cut out and Xan's body came back to life with a deep breath. She plugged out and stumbled out of the chair, her hand resting against her forehead as she took a few breaths to recover. "Alright, that's everything I could find on them. I compiled a lot of it in folders, so happy reading." She joked as she sat back in the chair with a leg resting on the other.

"I'll help out with all of that if you need. As for Denon, apart from idle conversation about the news and stuff, I can't find anything to indicate that there is a presence on the planet." Standing up, she wandered over to him with a daring look. "So, got anything else you gotta do today?" She quipped.

dom1.png

Operation: Heartseeker
Tags: Valery Noble Valery Noble [Open]​

Lyrrin rolled his shoulders and tugged a bit at the EVA Suit that clung to his body, he hated the way it felt on his fur. Despite being of a soft material for those with bare skin to him it felt like a high friction pad pulling at every follicle "I hate these so much... last time I do a space op I swear." he muttered to himself while his left hand moved a portable scanner around himself. A faint blue light blinked in the middle of the compact scanner indicating biological life was nearby "Probably just the other teams." he spoke out loud and continued down a dreary hallway of the shattered remains of the ship. Every step he took was met with a dull, soft, metallic bang as the magnetic strips on the soles of his boots stuck to the floor to keep him from potentially drifting off into space. The Farghul reached down and pulled up another mobile scanner from his belt and a thin ray of green twisted and turned over his surroundings then made a negative buzzing noise "Electronics are still dead even here?" the agent looked up towards the ceiling to see an array of hanging cables and then back down to the 'floor' which was mostly a matrix of durasteel supports and sundered plates "Ya know? You should've taken notes in electronics field repair."

After some moments of careful surveying of the interior with both the lifeform scanner and electronics scanner he heard what sounded like a lightsaber igniting? Lyrrin looked over his shoulder then above him but saw nothing. No flash of light, no combat, and no Jedi. Though he was positive he had heard it. Squinting with suspicion the SIA agent moved further down a corridor until he found an auxiliary ladder and went up to the next floor. Using a portable electronic airlock prying device he was able to force open the maintenance door on the upper floor. When he stepped out he nearly bumped into Valery Noble Valery Noble which caused him to recoil and put his hands up defensively "Woah!" he exclaimed. Of course he knew there were others on the ship, he had come with other agents, but he wasn't expecting to see anyone on the otherside of the door. After a fleeting moment of confusion Lyrrin put his hands on his hips and let out a relieved sigh "Haha you-" he wagged a white suit covered finger "You really spooked me."

-

CGk8M4w.png

Password: ut{*wp%QX&^dL6n9
Authenticating credentials... Confirmed
SIA_MISSION_BOARD connection... Established
Accessing file '/sia/operations/into_the_maw/' ... Done
Reading Package list...
Done

-----BEGIN ENCRYPTION---
UGx1ZyuufEfPG+?P*>2F>

-----END ENCRYPTION-----

....displaying_transmission_OPERATION_HEARTSEEKER
dom1.png

:// O P E R A T I O N HEARTSEEKER
ENCRYPTED RECIPIENT 1: Valery Noble Valery Noble
ENCRYPTED RECIPIENT 2: Lyrrin Lyrrin

FWD REPORT FILE SIA/OPERATION/INTO_THE_MAW/HEART_SEEKER/AMONGST_THE_STARS

Report of unassigned life forms confirmed aboard Magnus. Total number: UNKNOWN.

Report of incoming, unknown vessels. SUSPICION: Likely scavengers or Mauraders of The Maw to loot the ship, or seek to preserve the Wayfinder. Destroy all unidentified personnel or Brotherhood targets.

Maintain priority on the Wayseeker.
Provide status updates once agents have reached the bridge.

....displaying_transmission_MISSION_BOARD_ARKANIA_TWO

Last edited:

bWMGgIz.png
Amongst the Stars

1RK8qJt.png

Valery: Appearance
Ship: Factory link
Tag: Lyrrin Lyrrin | OPEN
After taking down the strange guard earlier, Valery passed through the hallway but stopped when she heard something. To her left, she heard the mechanism of the large door opening, only for Lyrrin Lyrrin to step out and almost walk into her. She wasn't immediately certain about who it was, so her hand had already retrieved the ligthsaber from her belt by the time he placed his hands on his hips.
She raised an eyebrow and tilted her head, her orange eyes looking him up and down for a moment.
"Well, you're lucky you ran into me, and not one of those 10 feet tall beasts that guard these hallways." She gestured for the way from which she came. Just barely visible, the two could see the outline of the large body she had left behind. His giant vibro Halberd being a small source of light.
Valery's eyes then narrowed and quickly, she realized that the man in front of her was one of the Agents assigned to this mission. She had studied the mission details, which listed other operatives in the encrypted files to prevent them from clashing. It was only after this realization that she returned the lightsaber back to her belt.
"The report mentions even more life signs, so I wouldn't be surprised to find more of them out there. I believe them to be guards of some kind, so the bridge will likely have more of them." she said as she looked at him. "I don't know what your skill set is, but unless you prefer to work alone and you feel you can handle those things, I suggest we stick together."
She spoke with a serious tone but her expression softened somewhat to show she was friendly, and very much on his side here.
"We have to get to the bridge as quickly as possible."
F7r9prE.png

-

dom1.png

Tags
: Valery Noble Valery Noble | IVI IVI

Lyrrin looked the woman over for a moment and saw her lightsaber which she had been holding, understanbly going for her weapon as she was about as surprised to see Lyrrin as Lyrrin was to see her. Though his gaze seemed fixated on it even as she motioned towards the beast (Cultural Disdain Jedi) he gave the slain guard a glance then looked back to Valery with a suspicious expression "Agent Lyrrin, SIA." he introduced himself "I wasn't aware that the Jedi were in on the operation." his voice was steady though if Valery could sense emotions, she could sense his distrust of her. A sharp turn from the jovial personality from moments prior.

The Farghul looked like he was going to say something to the woman but then didn't follow through. He knew she wasn't his enemy, Though in the context of the stricken derelict haunted by specters of the Maw, her seemingly glowing eyes, her stature being larger than himself, and her apparent Jedi alignment - it did little to make Lyrrin feel comforted "Well I suppose you're right, about running into you." he forced a friendly smile. At that moment his slim datapad that was embedded on the right forearm of his EVA suit lit up a soft blue glow and displayed the message from IVI IVI as he read it and Valery mentioned staying together he glanced off to the side quickly then returned his gaze up to the Jedi "Fine. We'll stick together." Lyrrin agreed as he continued to remind himself that finding the Wayfinder was the priority. He moved away from the Jedi a bit as he walked up the hall to create some distance between him and her though he masked it with looking down at a small holoprojection of the ship, which unfortunately only showed the outside "We could be one to three floors away, depending on the compartmentalization." the agent looked up from the project then turned towards the back of the hall then again to where he was facing "We're going the right direction, I think, hard to tell from inside. Assuming the power is out, which it is, and the auxiliaries aren't active - which I think they may be - there shouldn't be any automated bridge defenses... hopefully." he began to walk down the corridor which was slow enough to indicate that he was trying to lead Valery to follow him "If we can get to the bridge I can spike it, or you know... you could chop through it with your weapon of mass destruction, which ever comes first."

bWMGgIz.png
Amongst the Stars

1RK8qJt.png

Tag: Lyrrin Lyrrin | IVI IVI
"Pleasure to meet you, Agent Lyrrin, I'm Master Valery Noble - SIA as well," she said but without the mention of her specific duties. She didn't believe the Shadows were nearly as secretive as they used to be, but it never hurt to keep some things to yourself when it came to this type of work. She instead offered a more kind smile and followed after him, her senses still sharp in case more of those guards were out there waiting for them. But also to pick up on any other life signs that were nearby, whether they were potential threats or not.
She was quite the skilled Empath so she had picked up on his distrust towards her as well. It didn't really bother her but she was going to try and aim for a better working relationship with the fellow agent. Perhaps this first assignment together would release some of the tension.
"I don't think there will be automated defenses up there, but I do fear there are at least one more of these beast guards - possibly more. The one I took out was guarding a path towards the bridge, so they're likely stationed at key points through the vessel. If we run into them, be extremely careful. They are strong and much faster than you'd expect. Very durable too so unless you shoot them in the head, a few blaster bolts will not stop them" she said, hoping to provide him with the more tactical information on what they could run into up there.
"Once we clear the bridge, could you get access to the navigational computer? If we can find anything on MAW locations, preferably a homeworld... that would be ideal. I brought a slicing glove but I'm not the most skilled with it."
She then gestured at his gadgets, "You look like you know a thing or two more about that type of stuff."
With a slight smirk on her face, she would follow after him but she kept the distance that he seemed to prefer. This ship was dangerous enough as is, so she didn't want him to feel even more nervous because of her presence.
But as they walked on for a bit, she suddenly stopped and pinched the bridge of her nose, "I think I sense something up ahead. Do you see anything on your scanner?"
F7r9prE.png

-

1RK8qJt.png

Tags:
Valery Noble Valery Noble | IVI IVI

As the Jedi spoke to him and introduced herself the Farghul did his best not to look annoyed, he could tell she was attempting to be professional and goal oriented with him. The issue wasn't her, it was him, he knew that so he would do his best to remain focused "If we run into anymore, sure you can handle them." he said with a note of dismissiveness. Valery had called herself a Jedi Master but also a SIA operative he kept struggling with labelling her as a fellow agent and not just a Jedi. At her mention of his scanners being able to pick up anything he looked back at her and stopped moving. The way she touched her face almost looked painful? The agent picked up the life-form scanner from his belt then showed it to her. It was little more than a grey rectangular device with a single blinking light on it "Lights on means yes, lights off means no. So... perhaps?" he looked down at the device "I think this is the budget option to be honest you. I don't think the armory was keen on handing me something more expensive."

Lyrrin looked down the dark corridor then to Valery "Slicing made easy." he patted a data spike shoved into his EVA suit's belt. He had never seen a Slicing Glove before but it did look pretty high tech compared to the antiquated spike "If you think something is up there you should check." his tone was genuine even if it was still laced with ulterior motives. Lyrinn patted a holster holding a hold-out blaster "I'll be right behind you Jedi." with that he turned his back to her and looked down the corridor while tapping his helmet twice so that two bright beams of light shone from his either side of his head to illuminate the passage way.

"Hm?" Lyrrin squinted as he could've sworn he saw something flick past his vision as the lights were turned on. Was it a person? Or was it just a fleeting shadow, a trick of the light? The agent walked a few steps closer while slowly putting his hand to the grip of the hold-out blaster "Thought I saw something, could be nothing though." he said thinking out loud. Lyrrin took a few more steps forward then turned to look at Valery "You comin'?" as he turned towards her in the fresh darkness a large shape loomed over the short alien.

bWMGgIz.png
Amongst the Stars

1RK8qJt.png

Valery couldn't shake the feeling that something was near, something dark or at least dangerous. But her not having quite spotted the source yet made it hard to focus on what Lyrrin was talking about. So when he presented the scanner, she blinked and snapped back to reality.
"Hmm..? Oh, sure I'll take point."
But her little trance had resulted in Lyrrin still leading, who activated his flashlights to get a better look. The sudden light caused Valery to close her Keshian eyes for just a moment, as they needed to adjust again. So she missed the moving figure in the dark, but she could still feel it. With how close it had gotten, she finally felt the lingering darkness from its creation.
Then, as Lyrrin turned around to face her again, she finally spotted it. The massive 10 feet tall beast had stormed up behind the Farghul, and she could see its Vibro-axe activating.
"Watch out!" she called out as one arm extended out towards the beast behind Lyrrin.
The large war axe came swinging down towards the Agent's head but stopped only about an inch or two away from the top of his skull. Valery had channeled the Force and telekinetically grabbed the giant's arms, stopping them from moving. It caused the muscular arms of the woman to tense up, and she clearly struggled to keep him restrained. Not because of how heavy the arms were, but more because of how sudden the attack came.
Hoping Lyrrin would take this chance to get out of the way, Valery charged towards the beast with Force-augmented speed. With her lightsaber igniting during her dash, she looked like a purple blur, as she approached her target. The lightsaber clashed with his weapon, and the two were engaged in a powerful lock.
Normally, she'd avoid such locks with beasts that had a lot of natural strength, but she wanted to make sure this creature could not attack her fellow Agent.
F7r9prE.png

-

1RK8qJt.png

Tags:
Valery Noble Valery Noble IVI IVI

Lyrrin stared at Valery as she shouted for him to watchout, the sudden shift had stunned the Farghul who turned to see what had alarmed the Jedi so much. When he turned to look over his shoulder all he saw was a dark mass in his vision until he looked up and saw the vibro ax humming right above his head "Gah!" he exclaimed and quickly stumbled away while pulling out his hold-out blaster pistol. By the time he had it drawn and held at the ready a bright smear of purple light crossed the glass of his EVA suit and caused him to squint. As the lightsaber and vibro-weapon locked into one another he saw that it was Valery.

He moved a bit closer while aiming the blaster at the beast threateningly "Put your weapon down! Put it down!" he commanded. He thought it better to try a little verbal boxing before possibly shooting his companion in the back "Put down the weapon!" he shouted once again to no avail. The beast either did not hear him or could care less about the agent's orders. After all it did just try to cleave him in two. Lyrrin's aim rose above the Jedi and he pulled the trigger on the hold-out blaster twice. Two green bolts whizzed through the air above the Jedi and hit the assailant with both shots at the right collarbone. Despite hitting his mark the savage seemed mostly unphased, Lyrrin was once again surprised though this time it was the resilience of the entity "Oh kriff..."

bWMGgIz.png
Amongst the Stars

1RK8qJt.png

Valery was relieved to see that Lyrrin had gotten out of the way in time, but his attempts at communicating with the mute beast while she was doing her best to hold it off almost made her roll her eyes. Creations of the Dark Side were not the type of threats that you could verbally persuade to disengage. This one, in particular, seemed very keen on slicing them in half. She was, however, too busy to address that, and he'd figure it out himself as well.
But now that Lyrrin had gotten his distance, Valery disengaged from the lock and watched as two green flashes struck the beast against the collar bone. Any normal creature taking such hits would be out of the fight or at least badly injured. But not this beast - it kept going as if nothing had happened. It only looked more determined to destroy the two Agents.
With great speed, it moved towards them and swung its weapon to horizontally cleave them in half, but Valery ducked low and slid over the ground to get behind him. Rising to her feet, she jumped up, and following an acrobatic flip, she landed on his shoulders, his head squeezed tightly between her thighs to constrict him and secure herself. She then raised her hilt and was just about ready to ignite it, the emitter directed so the blade would go down through his skull. But then the large beast dropped his weapon and slammed himself with his back against the wall.
Valery hit the metal hard, and briefly, the lights inside flickered as she recoiled from the shock. While she was able to hold onto consciousness, she could not hold onto her lightsaber, which dropped down and rolled towards Lyrrin.
The beast was now moving wildly while Valery remained on top of him, trying to get her off. But she was a stubborn one and called out to her companion.
"Lyrrin, my lightsaber!"
F7r9prE.png

No cloning. Good.

He was sure that Yularen would be angry about the increase in taxes, but this was a solid compromise. Smaller planets still needed to be defended, even if they didn't have the funds to do so themselves. Though he wondered if the funds wouldn't be better spent going towards the actual Alliance military to increase production of warships, training of men, and supply of said troops.

He couldn't be mad though. For his first appearance in the senate, he thought he did amicably.

The freshman senator cast his vote.

• Love
Reactions: IVI
Final Dawn Central Command

dom1.png

ORBIT OF CORUSCANT
CORE WORLDS
FOCUS |
Agent Phantom
Forces | 3/3
TIE/STs (Cloaked) | 75/75 Elite Raptor SuperCommandos

The Magnus. Once the Proud Flagship of Admiral Aldo Garrick , now reduced to a Floating Hulk in orbit of Coruscant. It was here during the Great Battle of Coruscant that the Final Dawn Admiral had met his end at the hands of the Alliance’s Revenant Squadron and now , it was here where the Politorate faced it’s greatest challenge yet. Protecting the secrecy of the Brotherhood’s Capital , Exegol. According to intel , Aldo Garrick’s Wayfinder utilized to travel directly to Exegol was still active and should the Alliance acquire the Wayfinder , it could lead them straight to the Mawite Throneworld.

Already the Politorate had dispatched Alexander Garrick and his Purge Troopers to the Magnus to retrieve the Wayfinder , but with the Operation taking place within the very Heart of the Galactic Alliance , acting Director-Admiral Dorian Sevenar fearful for the potential repercussions he could face should they lose the Wayfinder , sent additional Forces to ensure the retrieval of the Wayfinder and avoid a calamity which could cost his career within the Final Dawn.

Thus , a Trio of TIE/STs emerged from Hyperspace each of them carrying two Dozen Elite Raptor SuperCommandos and with their Cloaking Devices activated to ensure that they could approach the remains of the Magnus without being detected by nearby Alliance Assets. As the TIE/ST made it’s approach to the remains of the Magnus the Leader of the Operation , Agent Phantom soon turned to face her men activating the commlink within her helmet to communicate to the Elite Raptors within the other Shuttles.“Okay Raptors. You know the drill. Retrieve the Wayfinder , eliminate those who stand in our Way. Remember we only have a limited supply of oxygen so we better make this quick. So let’s remind these Alliance scumbags what happens when you trespass on property of the Final Dawn

Soon enough the TIE/STs split up with the Main TIE/ST (The One Phantom was in) soon finding an opening at the Base of the Bridge’s Superstructure with the other TIE/STs moving forth to locate other large openings nearby. Soon enough they began moving into the Ruined Battlecruiser unloading their Complement of Elite Raptor SuperCommandos , ready to tear through any Alliance Intelligence Operative they found and retrieve the Compromised Wayfinder..

-

1RK8qJt.png

Tags: Valery Noble Valery Noble | IVI IVI | CETCOM CETCOM

Lyrrin watched as the creature brawled with Valery while still aiming his hold-out blaster at it, even though he knew it would be ineffective. Perhaps he thought it was better than nothing at all? With a thunderous clanging of metal he saw Valery smashed into the side of the corridor and disarmed. Her lightsaber rolling towards him. As Valery called out to him and the creature seemed ready to continue its assault the agent dropped his blaster and grabbed the lightsaber. Fumbling around with it for a brief moment he was able to find the activation switch.

The corridor was once again filled with colorful light as was the beast's lower torso as the purple blade hissed through its flesh. Lyrrin's hands gripped the hilt of the lightsaber firmly as he pulled upward causing the blade to slice through more of the creature until it was clearly cut from stomach to chest. As the beast fell the saber was deactivated. Lyrrin's line of sight was cleared of the foe and now he could see Valery "I never want to do that again." he said breathlessly then straightened up and tossed the lightsaber to her "Are you alright? That was a pretty rough hit." as he tried to understand her present condition one of Lyrrin's myriad of gadgets began to beep in quick double notes.

"Which is it..." he muttered to himself as he turned left and right, twisting his hips in the opposite direction to see what was making the noise. The Farghul spotted a bulky sensor, an old design, which was rectangular with a semi-circular head, a small arcing screen, and several nodule like antennae at the top "Motion sensors are picking up activity on-" he tapped one of the few buttons on the scanner then gave it a shake while bringing it closer to his face "That's not our agents." Lyrrin murmured then began walking down the corridor as he leaned down and picked up his blaster in a fluid motion to not break his stride "Come on Jedi there are either more of those things waking up on nearly every floor I've been to or" Lyrrin paused in his speech briefly as he considered the validity of his next words "Or there are scavengers. Lots of them." that was the bet he was going to take with the information he had within the derelict.

Lyrrin's mask mounted lights continued to illuminate their path as before but this time the agent was far more alert "Bridge shouldn't be far now." he said with confidence although he really couldn't have been certain. All he knew was that they had been walking for a long time and prior to meeting up with the Jedi he had been up a great many levels of the wreck. The ship couldn't go on forever. As the two passed by a junction Lyrrin stopped in the middle and withdrew a thin metal rod with a red glowing top. He placed the rod vertically on the flooring then took the old motion scanner and waved it over the top. The device chimed and Lyrrin stood to continue down the corridor "Motion sensor." he explained while holding up the sensor device to which all the motion sensors were feeding their data to "Clone Wars era tech, reliable if nothing else. Cheap even."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom