Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suggestion Top Poster list should be about RP

All I’m gonna say is, if you’re a GA person, with GA goons, trying to get a Member of the Month vote going for GA people that is overseen by a GA “community trusted member”…

Just do a GA member of the month.

Nothing stopping you. If you miss it so much, be the change, do it for your faction. Its obvious by this thread alone that one particular faction is having beef, so fix your beef for yourselves. I nor SWRP Staff nor Chaos proper will be subject to it.

Silas Westgard Silas Westgard

Also, since this is the turn of the page, the warning posted earlier was in response to a GA person literally posting “1” in response to another reply. Valiens caught it lightning quick, so I’m not surprised you didnt see it, and I wholeheartedly agree. Another GA member tried to correct Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble , the perpetrator, Valiens clipped both to keep it simple and clean.

1) cease it in the future, attempting to turn Admins on Admins will find you the butt of the joke instead.

2) This is the answer of a scared boy.

Look, I think its incredibly (and surprisingly) intelligent to try to twist “not all post counts matter” into “bring back member of the month”.

I really do, I think alot of GA stepped out and revealed how elitist they feel about post counts, totally valid. But if we’re gonna continue to goon, I need some answers lmao. Like why pick another GA writer as a community trusted member. Why not do a motm yourselves. Why has no faction ever done it if its so missed.

And most importantly, why did we bring this up in the middle of post count conversations. Why not make MOTM its own topic?

Or did we overplay our hands and goon too hard and now regret it when Tefka starts calling us out.

Be careful what you wish for.
Member of the month is something which I’ve missed since its removal. There is the obvious problem of a popularity contest, but I feel like it can help if a trusted member of the community chooses instead of it just being the admins. Take Brandyn Sal-Soren Brandyn Sal-Soren for example who has already offered to do so.

Personally never seen the point to the MOTM. Nice idea in theory but always devolves, no matter how hard the staff works on it. It always ends up viewed as a "popularity contest" and breeds eventual slow burning resentment among those who are not winners. Unfortunate, but I have seen it happen too many times elsewhere.

who even cares why does anyone even care, it's a number by a name that resets every month. if the name is all over the public rp or private rp forum then you know they are there because they post a lot in rps, if they don't you know it's because they do it elsewhere.

personally I never liked it even when it was a new "feature", at a time when I was regularly on it.

I'm selfish and want bragging rights of being a top poster at least once in my life time here. I don't think I've been able to do that as of yet. idk. I just don't try to post a lot else where and try to gear my post numbers towards rp posts myself. I never really hated any one for posting else where or doing lots of posts some where else that wasn't rp. Makes it harder considering what I'm trying to do personally I think. It's fun and competitive and gives me something to try and aspire for.

Reading through all of this makes me wonder if I''ll get banned for being apart of a group and just posting my thoughts or something. I've had problems on other communities where the owners were just doing w/e they wanted to people for w/e reason and it was not a fun experience. I'd like to think I found a nice community where that kinda thing doesn't happen here. I don't really get it. But I'd be sad if this went away. I think it encourages me to write more and be more competitive on days where I might not feel the urge to write I look at that top number and feel more compelled to write.

if you're not happy about who ever is top poster my advice is just... rp more?

Last edited:
Looking down at "users who are viewing this thread" I can only wonder how many of us went to look at the top posters and are confused about the hill we're dying on here. Or got popcorn, idk. It might just be me but it feels like there's more to it than asking Staff to change a fairly arbitrary counting system that has zero effect on the impact we have on the community.

When you contribute, write, and carry groups on your shoulders... People know. We see you, writers flock to you, and appreciate you. They're looking at the quality of writing, attention, and attitude that's given in creating a healthy and entertaining atmosphere...Not a wee number on the side. (Ex. Thanks went out to MANIAC MANIAC not only because they're active but because they're helpful... They aren't doing it for number clout.)

Were we really depending on post counts for validation?

I hope not.

You guys have FAR more positive and praise worthy qualities. You think I'm blowing smoke? I'm not. Literally every person we write with could probably list at least one and it's not going to be "You Were Top Poster" on the site. I'm not trying to put anyone down, fwiw.

I just think you're all worth more than a number. You should too.

I'm selfish and want bragging rights of being a top poster at least once in my life time here. I don't think I've been able to do that as of yet. idk. I just don't try to post a lot else where and try to gear my post numbers towards rp posts myself. I never really hated any one for posting else where or doing lost of posts some where else that wasn't rp. Makes it harder considering what "m trying to do personally I think. It's fun and competitive and gives me something to try and aspire for.

Reading through all of this makes me wonder if I''ll get banned for being apart of a group and just posting my thoughts or something. I've had problems on other communities where the owners were just doing w/e they wanted to people for w/e reason and it was not a fun experience. I'd like to think I found a nice community where that kinda thing doesn't happen here. I don't really get it. But I'd be sad if this went away. I think it encourages me to write more and be more competitive on days where I might not feel the urge to write I look at that top number and feel more compelled to write.

if you're not happy about who ever is top poster my advice is just... rp more?

Apologies, I just saw this. Banned? No one is getting banned just for asking questions or having a discussion.

There's no harm in this thread even if we don't all see eye to eye. It's okay to agree to disagree.

you guys can't even see post counts without clicking on the person's page anymore. I think that posting on end just to get "top poster" on the side of the home page (which people click off of rather quickly, if they even look) is a fool's errand. that's my opinion, much like I don't think getting every skill cape in Runescape is worth it.

(homebuilding or w.e was just a flex and did nothing for you. slayer should have been a questline, not a skill, wtf do you mean I have to be a certain slayer level to kill monsters??? lame.)

I think Chaos has made a lot of good strides forward from where it started, and not giving two hecks about post count, or using it as a metric of activity even, is good. Because ultimately 90 percent of someones 3000+ posts, I'd say that roughly 70 percent of them would probably be bullshit posting games.

Now, there is a big difference between going to posting games, spending three minutes to giggle and get a little smile on, then clicking off- and then spending your time on the site to just count to 100. I feel like you can do better things with your time than with that.

Apologies, I just saw this. Banned? No one is getting banned just for asking questions or having a discussion.

No, they’re right to be afraid, that Brandyn guy can’t post to this thread because he resorted to “well now you’re just being unpleasant.”

Be afraid! Fear the consequences of not responding to this thread.

Real talk, Braze Braze , we’re not getting rid of top posters lol. Also, aren’t you a talented artist? How many forms of validation do you need, lol. Many people who care about top posters have the time to devote to it. Posting from work, working from home, etc. They’re not people you want to “compete” with.

As for “being a member of a group”, just say GA. It’s fine to say things like they are, to be real and authentic, just don’t verbal war with hotheaded Admins. I feel like that’s a no-brainer that some people lapse in remembering. GA is like, the most popular group and one of the most fun to interact with, and has been for a while. But nobody’s above hubris. This thread’s entire premise is a lapse in judgement. It’s fine, nobody really cares except maybe Brandyn right now and thats his own fault.

Lastly, for going full Joffrey tyranny reigns, I apologize. I wish I was better. Staff wishes I was better. Chaos wishes I was better. I’m not. If you find a community more entertaining and enjoyable, please join them. I am not a cult leader, I will not be in your DMs crying please come back.

Look, I think its incredibly (and surprisingly) intelligent to try to twist “not all post counts matter” into “bring back member of the month”.

I really do, I think alot of GA stepped out and revealed how elitist they feel about post counts, totally valid. But if we’re gonna continue to goon, I need some answers lmao. Like why pick another GA writer as a community trusted member. Why not do a motm yourselves. Why has no faction ever done it if its so missed.

And most importantly, why did we bring this up in the middle of post count conversations. Why not make MOTM its own topic?

Or did we overplay our hands and goon too hard and now regret it when Tefka starts calling us out.
pepe_silvia_meme_banner.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom