Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suggestion Top Poster list should be about RP

I know I'll prolly sound defensive to some, but idgaf.

The top posters thing is a neat little addition to the site, and I like to see the people there who are actively Roleplaying. Not people who spam posting games or other OOC forums where they can ramp up the number, either intentionally or not. I know Factory judges didn't appear there in the past either, but they do now as well and I think that's not interesting either. My personal vote would go to the number representing private/public threads and maybe some stuff like the marketplace.

That was all, have fun RP'ing \o/

Factory and Codex judging seems like it could be a bit of a thankless job at times. Seems no harm in letting those that do a lot of the work there get a pat on the back. It all contributes to the community and the RPing.

Who says that one RP post is equal to another? Some spend a day writing a novel for one post, and the other writes two lines and calls it a day. Both count as a post. So I do not think RP posts are a good metric for it either.

If we care that much about something like that, we probably care too much.

I’ve been on chaos so long I just assume that if you have over so many posts most of them are OOC. Of course, Chaos was around right around the middle ground of chatrooms and discord and the like. So a lot of the Tom foolery on discord used to be on the site itself.

But yes, I think for the tippy top poster or most posts per month, maybe change the metric to just weighing it in the roleplay section.

Posting Games should not be included. That seems reasonable. The whole purpose of that section is to go nuts and spam and have unbridled fun…within the bridle of the rules.

However, I think my point on not all RP posts being created equal has merit. This alone makes it near impossible to make this ‘Top Poster of the Month’ actually represent who wrote the most on the site.

Factory and Codex judging seems like it could be a bit of a thankless job at times. Seems no harm in letting those that do a lot of the work there get a pat on the back. It all contributes to the community and the RPing.

Who says that one RP post is equal to another? Some spend a day writing a novel for one post, and the other writes two lines and calls it a day. Both count as a post. So I do not think RP posts are a good metric for it either.

If we care that much about something like that, we probably care too much.
To me, it's more about showing the people who participate in what's ultimately the real purpose of the site — Roleplaying. It's neat to see new folks popping up or knowing who is actively writing. It doesn't matter if the post is short or long. Any RP post can drive a story forward, and that is worth a lot more than showing the world you can count by spamming to a counting posting game.

I do think posting games have a place on the site because socializing is part of this too. But it's not the occasional posting game that's funny/silly that you see popping up. It's the relentless spam to "games" where it's obviously not about the interaction with others. The games are more popular at the start of the month for a reason.

That said, the points about Factory/Codex are fair. But posting games are just lame to see when they're clearly used to just boost numbers. Make it about RP on this RP site for me.

Some people only have the Posting Games as their way of interacting with the community. They do not, for various reasons, have time or energy to RP. That is cool. Not to be disparaged. If there is a way to not count it there should be, but then you have questions about other parts of the board.

Welcome, New Members < doesn’t count because not RP, but people that regularly post there are doing good work for the community.
Looking for Group < arranging RP
Staff Announcements < interacting with board admins, not RP, remove from count?
Roleplay Discussion < seems like it should stay because you are discussing Roleplaying.
Factions < should stay because it is RP related?
Ask Questions and Submit Feeback < not RP, so must go?

And…onwards…

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom