Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suggestion Top Poster list should be about RP

Take me, for example. Pretty sure I aint even in the top 10 posters or rep anymore on my own website, despite being active 11+ years with next to no tangible LOAs.

I dont need these things. In fact, its harmful to the community if I do.

My last thought:

Even still, there’s a lot of gatekeeping and attacking what “actual” posts are. I have yet to define what I think an “actual” post is, and probably never will.

But with that argument, you’re entering my realm, which is why I’m in this thread. My realm is “keeping Chaos active”. I’ll never define that, or show you my recipe, but I can tell you that posts are one of the many metrics by which activity is determined. So when you gatekeep, or judge what other people do with their time, or invalidate despite how much honey you dip your words in - I’m going to rebuttal. And probably win.

I’ve just got too much experience to lose the argument. We’re hella active in an age that “forums are dying” gets repeated by the uneducated on the daily. Other admins, outside Chaos, greet me with perplexities and confusion. It’s not all me, its the community we’ve built, but I know a LOT about how it works. So… step easy, you’re trying to gatekeep in my territory.

So… solution… when my kids start fighting over a toy… I just take the toy away.

Just get rid of top poster feature.

I sat and read this entire thread. I was bored. And honestly, Judah has nailed it.

I don't understand how this even became a problem, and I say that truthfully. Being top poster means nothing. You get nothing for it except a badge that people look at and go "oh cool" and move on with their lives. If you won £10,000 for being top poster at the end of the month I'd actually care more, but you don't. You literally get nothing.

The same few people populate it month on month, which is fine. I'm glad that those people have the time to write that many posts month on month on month and some of them write super cool posts as well. I saw somewhere earlier on in this thread that someone mentioned that you could use the top poster thing to find new active roleplayers to roleplay with.

But you can't. Because it's populated by the same few people month after month. So that argument is invalid.

So why not do what Judah suggested. Just get rid of it. You lose nothing.

Honestly forgot this part of the forum even existed. Honestly, I forget about it all the time until someone brings it up.

I promise you. It does not matter. I put that on everything. It does not matter. No matter what the voices say, whatever medium they come to you from, it does not matter. You're going to continue to wake up every day whether it exists or not.

It does matter, dont listen to the person above. You need it. You need that number. It keeps you relevant. It puts your name in front of people who want to discard you. The nihilists and do gooders all glaze over the idea that to share their beliefs, they have to be listened to. That number forces even the void to listen. Nothing matters as long as you’re listened to. Even the person above will have to listen to you. Look, she’s even in this thread, attempting to convince you it doesn’t matter. If it didn’t, why even join the discussion. Obviously it matters. Obviously you need it. Its the only way to get them to listen. To see you, hear you.

You’re important when you have that number. You’re real when you have that top spot. And you make your haters angry. Dont you like making your haters angry. They cry like you do when you’re alone at night, when you have that top spot. Aren’t you tired of being alone? You can have it all. Friends. Reputation. Respect. You’ll never be lonely again.

Just take that top spot. You know you need it. Why else is it there?

Last edited:
It does matter, dont listen to the person above. You need it. You need that number. It keeps you relevant. It puts your name in front of people who want to discard you. The nihilists and do gooders all glaze over the idea that to share their beliefs, they have to be listened to. That number forces even the void to listen. Nothing matters as long as you’re listened to. Even the person above will have to listen to you. Look, she’s even in this thread, attempting to convince you it doesn’t matter. If it didn’t, why even join the discussion. Obviously it matters. Obviously you need it. Its the only way to get them to listen. To see you, hear you.

You’re important when you have that number. You’re real when you have that top spot. And you make your haters angry. Dont you like making your haters angry. They cry like you do when you’re alone at night, when you have that top spot. Aren’t you tired of being alone? You can have it all. Friends. Reputation. Respect. You’ll never be lonely again.

Just take that top spot. You know you need it. Why else is it there?

Couldn't upvote more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom