Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Duel To My Knees in Enemies

To My Knees in Enemies
kamino-water.jpg

Tags: Lady Vehementi

Mi’la had thought she could take the advantage, but that was proven wrong as lightning began to strike the water. She grimaced, her body stinging with electric current, but was thankful that her attire offered some degree of protection from the Sith’s Lighting; though it didn’t mean it was without pain. While it was hard to focus with the Force, she didn’t need it to merely lunge out and break the Sith’s concentration, so that was entirely what she did.

Gripping her blade hard in one hand, she thrust it forward, not seeking to kill, but hoping the Sith would drop her focus and free her from the pain as sparks struck at her legs and upper body.

Last edited:

Rivenna Vehementi

R
Vehementi’s body burned as the lightning flowed through her body, her veins like circuits. She saw the blade of the Jedi aim and come at her, she went to raise her saber, which was deactivated. There was no way to ignite it in time, so she moved her shoulder into its path, the tip tore into it. Vehementi winced, as a wave rolled over and rose her free of the Jedi. The Sith Acolyte slammed against the door that was half sealed. Wading on the patio was a Firaxan Shark which had rode the wave. It snapped its jaws and made its way inching with its fins towards the Darksider. She tried to ignite her saber, but it was shorting, so she beat if against the pavement. The red blade extended and then shorted out.
She shouted, “Dank Farrik!”
The Firaxan was upon her, and beared its teeth to bite.

Last edited by a moderator:

To My Knees in Enemies
kamino-water.jpg

To Twi'lek's relief, her attack worked. As she struck just enough to drive the Sith back, letting herself take a moment to breath as the pain stilled, though her body still felt numb. The darksider stumbled back, seemingly in pain, as a wave caught her, slamming her against the door. Weary, Mi'la steadied herself, taking in calm breaths, as she raised her blade, hoping that perhaps this fight could be concluded here and now, only to stop as she felt the sharks moving in on the woman.

She couldn't see the creatures from where she stood, but the killing intent and bestial mindset loomed like a fog, and Mi'la could feel them shifting among the water. Seeing the woman's weapon was not seeming to work, and the danger she was in, Mi'la strained, her force usage starting to wane on her, as she seized the woman, and hoisted her out of the way, trying to set her on a desk that was currently floating in the hall.

Panting, the knight cut her saber off, and moved back onto her original platform, watching the Sith woman carefully. "Are you okay?" She asked, her eyes and senses then shifting to the water, knowing that these sharks needed to be dealt with.

If only she had learned how to control animals. That'd be useful about now.

Rivenna Vehementi

R
The Sith Acolyte felt her body gripped in the Force and she was moved out of the snapping jaws of the Shark. She landed on the desk and voided water, coughing, fluid poured from her lungs as she laid on the wood that now splintered and warped.
She heard the Jedi’s voice and its concern alien to her. “Was she alright?” In truth she was not accustom to answering a personal concern for her welfare, not even among her sisters on Dathomir. She raised her head, her black hair soaked and clinging to her alabaster smooth neck. She shivered and looked at Mi’la, and attempted an answer.
“I.. am.. fine.”
She shook from the cold, and the pain in her shoulder burned. Such opposing sensations.
Vehementi strained to speak once more.
“Why.. why did you save me?”

Last edited by a moderator:

To My Knees in Enemies
kamino-water.jpg

Waiting to see if the woman would lash out, Mi'la was happy to find that wouldn't be the case. Though watchful as the water would slowly start to drain, the Knight studied the woman for a moment, feeling out the swirl of emotions that stemmed from her. There was quite a lot going on within her mind, and Mi'la could only comprehend small bits at a time. She was shaken, clearly, and Mi'la had to ponder how best to go about this situation. There was a chance for this woman, and she would attempt to help. Hopefully it wouldn't end in her death. "Because, Jedi protect life, not take it. If I let you die, who would gain from that? No one."

She realized that perhaps this woman longed for a death, perhaps to be free of the painful memories that swirled about her. Mi'la could understand that, she herself had been driven there to begin with. "I told you, the darkness is not the only power there is. I had enough power to save you, and the others. With harm to myself, yes, but that is the life of a jedi." She affirmed, wincing as she felt pain along her legs as the adrenaline faded.

Maybe she wasn't too bad at this jedi thing after all.

Rivenna Vehementi

R
The Sith Acolyte gripped her wet saber hilt and fastened it to her belt. She had no desire to attack. In her Nightsister culture she owed the Jedi a life debt, and even though her Sith Master purged her coven, she still held to teachings of her youth.
“Your gain would be one less Darksider. Are not the Sith sworn enemies of the Jedi?”
Vehementi spouted her understanding. The truth is she hardly knew much about the conflict between Jedi and Sith. She had been so isolated from wider galaxy on Dathomir.
On the matter of “Darknsss not being the only power,” she listened. She knew nothing of the Light, her whole life cloaked in shadow.

To My Knees in Enemies
kamino-water.jpg

Mi'la felt hope blossom in her chest, as the woman seemed to take her words to heart. Maybe. Perhaps as one slave to another, she wanted to free this woman from the bindings. Maybe she would walk forever in the dark, but she could still be free. "I don't know what I would gain, save the guilt of allowing you to die." She explained, the Knight pausing for a moment, as she leapt to a near by table, keeping the pair apart, but Mi'la tried to close the gap.
"Not every jedi believes that, just like how not ever Nightsister is a Sith. We use the Light, but as users of the force, it guides us in different ways." She managed a smile, rubbing her ankles from where she had been attacked. "I was a slave you know, Hutts killed my family, learned my parents were slavers, had my life turned upside down. Not great, but, the Jedi found me. Taught me. I had to accept the fact my families were slavers, and that I had a life that came at the expense of others." She sighed, sitting cross legged across from the woman, as she current of the water began to slowly push her back and forth in the water. "You can't hate forever. It is a powerful emotion, but short lived in the scheme of life."

She sighed, content that maybe just maybe, things would be okay.

Rivenna Vehementi

R
Vehementi was stunned how this Jedi talked. Her concern for her well being and then her own troubled history. It was clear the Sith Acolyte wasn’t the only one who had suffered. This knowledge calmed Rivenna, that she was not alone in the galaxy in facing tribulation.
When Mi’la spoke of hate and how it was a waste of existence. Vehementi recalled what she said about the barren worlds of the Sith, nothing but death.
“There is merit in your words. I have no intent to draw on hate save in combat. My hope is passion can mean affection.. I may be dark, but even I hope for that, though I have no right to hope for it.”
The Sith Acolyte became acutely aware of the harm she had caused. Many deaths, threatening an innocent, and flooding the homes of those living on Manaan. She then realized it was similiar to what Lord Saavage had done, instead of flaming corpses, drowned ones, instead of a burning village a sinking facility. Rivenna covered her face with her pale hands.
“What have I done? What have I become?!”
She began to shake anew. This time it wasn’t the water or cold air, but her conscious.

To My Knees in Enemies
kamino-water.jpg

Mi'la felt the conflict within the woman, and sorrow followed as she could see her regret coming to the surface. Taking a leap, she landed beside the woman, kneeling down, and offering a hand to place upon the Darksider, knowing all to well the pain that came from being alone. "No one is ever lost, because without the dark there can be no light, and no light without the dark." She explained, using the Force now to try and take away the woman's emotional pain. "You can passionate for life in moderation, but know when to let go, before that love becomes an obsession." She said softly, knowing that though she started this woman down a path, there would be much more work that she needed done to find her own peace.

Sitting beside the woman now, Mi'la kept her arm on the woman, trying to be comforting on this conversion. "We all fall, but, it is how we rise from this fall that can make us a stronger person." She explained not caring that she had convinced the woman, but more that she might have helped resolve the conflict within her.

If allowed, Mi'la would give the woman a hug, knowing all too well what it was like to be alone, and in pain.

She didn't wish that on anyone.

Rivenna Vehementi

R
Rivenna began to weep, tears for the first time since Dathomir graced her cheeks. She listened to Mi’la’s words, there was freedom in them. The Jedi wasn’t trying to fit her through one door, she was letting her choose the door or forgo it all together. She found herself nodding, and then she embraced Mi’la in a hug, sobbing.
To know she was not lost, not beyond forgiveness, that not matter how hard she fell, she could choose to rise.

Darth Saavage

D
The sky stormed, lightning painting the clouds with zig zag bolts of light, a dark vessel approaching, the waves began to rise as in praise, becoming violent. Shark fins began to circle fervently, the planet responded to the arrival with intensity. The Sith Infiltrator class ship landed on one of the landing pads jutting out over the waters. The elongated nose pointed at the door, and a ramp descended. Upon it walked a titan of shadow, a figure cloaked in darkness and bearing a mask of phantoms. His gate was heavy, the ramp creaking, and his steps beated the paved stones. The door before him slid open and inside a Shelkath cowarded, save one in Grey Jumpsuite.
“My Lord..”
The Shelkath bowed.
“The shipment of Kolto is ready. I will have my men load it on your ship with haste.”
The Dark Lord did not utter a word, he simply walked past and made his way to a sealed hallway. A maintenance shelkath mumbled that it was flooded. Lord Saavage opened it with The Force, the water inside flooded but all around him, not soaking even one fiber of his robes. He proceeded forward, the door closing behind and the one in front half ajar. It bent and made metal cryching sound, making a hole tall enough for him to entee the patio, there he saw Vehementi in the arms of a Jedi. He took a step in knee high water, each step made a thud and splash as he drew nearer to them. His Phantom mask peered at his Apprentice.

To My Knees in Enemies
kamino-water.jpg

Tags: Lady Vehementi Darth Saavage
Sitting with the woman, Mi'la tried to be a shoulder for her to try on, sheltering her with the Force, almost like a hug as she encompassed her. She hadn't come for a conflict like this, but she'd rather this than the alternative. She sighed, her hand stroking the woman's shoulder, trying to confirm to her that all would be well in time.

Though as she sat there, comforting the woman, Mi'la felt something moving in the force. Something dark, and something near. Was it the woman's master? Mi'la felt it nearing, her eyes widening as she had been here before. On Yavin IV, when she fought two Darths and nearly died, this was the pressure that she had felt. As the Darth entered, she took in a breath, her hand moving to her saber.

This wasn't going to end well. "Listen, if you're here for the costume contest, it's canceled." She said, trying to fight the concern with humor, though she felt it faltering.

She wasn't about to let this woman be taken back, not after this.

Rivenna Vehementi

R
Vehementi was at peace as she was held in Mi’la arms. Her heart beat no longer racing. Then she felt it, the familiar presence, it was forboding, and heavy, like a wet blanket on her soul. She turned her head and there he was, towering and his masked face haunting her.
“No.. please.. not him.”
The Sith Acolyte tightened her grip on Mi’la.

Darth Saavage

D
The Dark Lord stood, his cape blowing in wind and caressing the top of the water. He raised his hand, the palm open. Nothing happened, no objects levitated, nor was Vehementi raised by his power.
His attention turned to the Jedi, his head tilting. No response was given to the costume remark. Just silence, like a grave.

To My Knees in Enemies
kamino-water.jpg

Mi'la looked to him all the while, gently patting the darksider, as she spoke softly. "I won't let him get to you." She affirmed to herself, remaining as she was, staring down the Sith. "Kill me if you wish, but I will never die. The Force endures, and we, will long be gone before it does." She said softly, preparing to conjure forth a shield, knowing that if he came at her with all his power, she would struggle to repel it.

She pondered what her master would do, how Sakadi might handle this. Then the word resolute came to mind, and Mi'la had her answer. "She's under my protection and if you wish to take her, you're going to have to go through me." She said calmly, keeping her hand on her saber, as she felt that this conflict was about to go south very quickly.

If the force willed it, she would survive this yet.

Darth Saavage

D
Lord Saavage closed his hand as he saw Vehementi recoil into the care of the Jedi. He sensed the shield before it materialized. The Sith Lord lowered his hand. He then turned, his hood and robes swaying as he began walking away, his cape gliding across the water.

Rivenna Vehementi

R
Vehementi was stunned. Why was he letting her go so easily? She rose up and screamed from the rejection.
“Master!!!”
Why did she cry out? What was his tactic, why did his leaving move her? Had he not destroyed her world, and yet she wanted him to stay?

To My Knees in Enemies
kamino-water.jpg

To Mi'la's lament, the woman seemed to react as she rose, calling out for her master, though the Twi'lek felt as though she had very little she could do in this circumstance. Frowning, she rose, knowing full well what was occurring. "I can't make this choice for you. He is testing your loyalty, so, it is up to you if you wish to remain under his shackles, or try a new path." Mi'la bowed her head, knowing that this was always the hardest part.

Be willing to let someone fall. "I won't stop you, but if you stay, I can help you find yourself." She offered, keeping her eyes on the Sith as he left, staring at his back as he went.

The Force would lead the next move here, as Mi'la left it up to the darksider, uncertain what she would do, but determined to let it play out as she would abide by it.

It was the only way she could make sense of the galaxy these days.

Darth Saavage

D
Lord Saavage didn’t stop at Vehementi’s cry. He stooped inside ajar door, and made his way through the drained hall. There stood Shelkath, all bowing. His ship wad loaded, and he levitated a pouch of payment to the Shelkath in grey.
“Thank you My Lord. As always you are most generous.”
Lord Saavage kept walking to his ship. There was no hesitation in his step, no pause.

Rivenna Vehementi

R
Vehementi ran after Darth Saavage. It was an impulse, she knew Mi’la was who she felt safe with, but Saavage treating her like something incidental, like she was easily disposed of, made her panic inside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom