Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion To Great Relief | TSE Dominion of Anzat

K o r _ V e x e n
| Location | Remote Settlement, Anzat
| Purpose | Cull the Meek
Vexen trudged through the misty valley, barely being able to see more than five feet ahead of him from how thick the mist was, yet he moved with purpose and confidence. For years he had spent training on his home, he knew the terrain well despite the many centuries it had been since he had last set foot on it. He would be greeted by Anzati assassins from time to time on his journey, but most proved to be little challenge to the Sith. He had become something greater than any of them could have ever hoped to achieve in their lifetimes, and were cut down with little remorse. There was only one individual of interest to Vexen, and he was set on finding them.
He paused after an hour-long trek into the oblivion of white, glancing around as he seemed to be searching for something despite seeing nothing. He would raise a hand up as he made a waving gesture as the mists swirled like a volatile typhoon around him, a large circular area around him clearing as he used the Force to dissipate the mist, revealing a large temple before him. On either side of the pathway leading to the entrance were a row of statues, each carved to the semblance of some of the greatest individuals of the Anzati clan that had built it. At the entrance of the temple stood a hooded figure who stared at Vexen, face obscured in shadows. He'd turn his head as a pair of Anzati assassins was a few meters behind him, and more stepped out from behind the rows of statues. He'd turn back to look at the hooded figure at the end of the path, though it would be the hooded figure who spoke first, " I do not know who you are or what your purpose here is on our planet, but you are not welcome here. Leave or be killed. "
Vexen stared in silence as he simply raised his hands up to his helmet, his thumbs pressing against the area near the rear of his jawbones as a hiss was heard, locks unlocking as parts slid and pulled away to allow for the helmet to be removed. Perhaps for the first time in over several centuries, Vexen revealed his face to another living being. His helmet would be held in one hand, tucked away under one of his arms; piercing eyes, slicked-back silver hair, and probably the most notable the injury to his lower face that left him permanently scarred when he was younger. There seemed to be a visible wave of discomfort amongst the Anzati present, but the hooded one seemed to be the most affected by Vexen's reveal as he spoke, recognizing who he was long before he uttered a single word, a reunion that was hundreds of years long overdue.

" Is that any way to speak to your own flesh and blood...Mother? "

Objective: Spy
Allies/Enemies - Unknown
Post 5

Great clouds of smoke were rising up to the heavens Leilani knew she couldn't use the speeder any longer she needed to go on foot. Quickly she pulled off the hospital gowns her own dark clothing underneath was more suitable for the work that she was going to be doing.

A small bit of breeze came her way carrying on it the sounds of anger, and screams. She did not want to assume what was happening so she trudged onward talking inwardly as she did reminding herself of the need to be cautious.

There was the sound of something else too now she stopped and kneeled. Movement. The high pitch sound of weapons firing.

She needed to get closer but she heard the words muffled but distinguishable By order of the Immortal Emperor, all those infected are to be destroyed to prevent the spread of the disease, any who oppose the Emperor's will shall be immediately executed."

They were killing the sick?...without giving them a chance?Logic and her former life trickled thoughts into her mind If they are sick and unable to be cured they should die. If they are sick and the sickness grows too quickly killing them is a mercy so the others do not become sick. Only those that can help build a future should live.

Leilani shook her head how did these thoughts come to her...goddess she needed to eradicate them. She would need some kind of evidence that shows them killing the Anzati.

Young God

Ancient witch from the dawn of exploration and Sith Lord of twisted blood, the mismatched couple were an unlikely match from the start. She smiled, pleased, as the two of them strode into the den of craven Anzati that waited for them in the darkness. It was hardly ten years or more that they had met, fought with every ounce of might they had against each other, and endured a captivity together for a year to come. A cacophony of shrieks and shrill howls pierced her ears as the bestial Anzat, driven by their madness to act as little more than hungry predators. Like an echo of the past, Braxus and Braith were set upon within moments; but, unlike the past, they stood together now, rather than opposed.

"Watch it!" She shouted, pivoting to her left in order to leap from the ground and meet her spouse's would-be attacker with every bit as much primal rage and fury as the Anzati she grappled with. They fell to the ground, the male - or was it a female? She couldn't tell with their feral looks, something natural for the plague-less Anzat and even moreso prevalent among their diseased siblings - on its back and she wrestling with it, knees on its stomach and fingers intertwined with its own. More leapt down as the she struggled to force it down, more than unhappy with her disproportionately smaller physical strength as a Firrerreo than she'd enjoyed in her original body as an Alua'an.

"Feth off, you damn rats!" She said.

Fire erupted where the two of their hands met, instantly racing down the arms of the now-panicked Anzati as she pushed herself up, ignoring the diseased pest as it squirmed and howled in pain while it burned alive while she drew her saber and bisected another that seemed to have assessed the risk and chose poorly. "Burn the place down?" She asked, clearly speaking to Braxus.

Darth Prazutis Darth Prazutis

Objective I: Tainted Soup - A game of cat and mouse...

"Congratulations, Anzati. You have survived the great hunger of your primal ancestors reborn, though you may have stooped to the lowest places of your lives in eating your kin, it does you all credit in demonstrating your unrelenting tenacity..."
Voracitos spoke, as Coven members put binders on the "infected" and began to load them one by one onto a shuttle.

"Across the planet, thousands of your kind are being burned for the atrocities you survived and perpetrated. Feel no guilt for your actions however, as in this crucible the universe has granted you providence in crossing your paths with mine. For your willingness to devour for your own survival, you will be inducted into the Coven of Gluttony. You will be given powers unimagined, and you will serve the Coven, you will serve me." The Flesh of Voracitos smiled for effect, as the last few were being loaded up. The mass of meat floated in its throne just outside the ship.

Just as the bay door was closing the captives into the shuttle, Voracitos finished by saying, "Those that refuse, will be food."

Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf

Objective I: Tainted Soup

Darth Voracitos Darth Voracitos

"The amount of ghrelin and glucagon is astounding," Doctor Tristov remarked. "Far over the threshold the body would normally produce if hungry."

Over the last two hours, Taeli and her team had been scouring samples and examining brain scans and all of them were showing the same evidence. Those that were 'infected' had experienced a massive alteration to their brain chemistry, while those that were not showing symptoms were exhibiting normal brain activity for Anzati. Increased hunger hormones in the victims, their inhibitions removed about consuming their own kind's soup, and a general regression of higher functions to a more feral state.

It was fascinating, and their bodies were still producing insane levels of the hormones. Someone wanted these beings continuously hungry, regardless if they had consumed a meal.

"Now the only question becomes what could cause the changes in some and not in others," Taeli mused. "Brain chemistry doesn't just rewrite itself, and we have no traces of mutagens in their systems."

"This is outside of my expertise, I'm afraid, my Lady," the Ralltiiri replied. "I'm a pathologist."

"That's perfectly alright, Doctor, and I thank you for leaving your work to assist me here," Taeli said. "The next shuttle is waiting for you and your team to return you to Amaltanna."

The doctor nodded and left the room to gather his team, leaving Taeli with her thoughts. The puzzle pieces were there, they just needed sorted out. What could cause sudden hormone releases and eventually permanently alter hormone regulation in the body. It wasn't anything in their systems itself so what... ah...

"Ultrasonics," she muttered to herself. If the Force wasn't in play, and she had ruled out mutagens and pathogens, then it had to be a signal. Turning in her chair, she started bringing up data on sonic signals. She had a hunch on what they were dealing with now, and who was responsible, but the questions of why and how to spin this remained.

Darth Wyyrlok XXIV

D
Objective: Burn the Sick

Everything was proceeding as smoothly as could be accounted for. The Anzati, weakened by plague, were less willing to put up a fight against the Sith as they spread their influence across the globe. Even now, Lord Wyyrlok stood unopposed in the capital city, treading where no non-Anzati had dared to tread in thousands of years. His feet crossed hallowed stone, his eyes beheld secretive works of art, and he breathed in deeply of air that knew no other lung but Anzati. It was intoxicating the number of cultural taboos he was shattering, all of which he planned to sweep away once his Master's will was dominant on Anzat.
Already, his servants were moving about the rough stone city, destroying the diseased wherever they found them. Great pyres burned in the darkness, the stench of burning flesh wafting high over the city. Banners of blood were unfurled from the highest parapets, the crest of the Sith Empire emblazoned in white across the red field. Wyyrlok nodded, it was all in accordance with the Emperor's will. He produced a small holoprojector and set it at his feet, then he took a few steps back. The little machine whirred to life and transmitted a three-dimensional image of the Chagrian's person across time and space.
"Greetings, Lady Raaf," intoned the Sith Lord, "I am requisitioning an update on the state of your cure."

Objective I: Tainted Soup

Her search into sonic signals and weaponry had yielded what she believe was the primary cause of the disease on Anzat, but she needed just one more piece of evidence to fully confirm her theory. Ultrasonic disruptors had been known to cause a primal flight response in subjects, triggering their deep-seated fears to either paralyze them on the battlefield or force them to retreat in disorder. Subjects observed after such encounters had enhanced levels of hormones tied to fight-or-flight responses, along with temporary alterations to their brains.

It would not take much work to reprogram such devices to emit a signal for other responses such as insatiable hunger.

Her computer beeped as its search was finished, a holographic image appearing that once and for all confirmed her suspicion. Hidden among the usual transmission signals that covered a modern planet was a sub-frequency scattered across the planet. The scattering was likely smaller transceivers or signal emitters, but it was there alright. A manufactured crisis then, and a search of recent galactic events showed an isolated incident of similar nature occurring on Bimmisaari.

What she couldn't exactly understand was why Darth Voracitos Darth Voracitos would be conducting such experiments? She didn't exactly have direct proof it was the Triumvir of Knowledge causing these incidents, but he was the Lord of Gluttony for a reason. It also presented an unusual decision in how this could be spun as the Anzati would riot if they knew the devices causing this were created by a Sith.

The holo-comm in the lab activated, projecting the image of Kaine's Loremaster Darth Wyyrlok XXIV.

"We've had a breakthrough," she replied to the Chagrian. "In our research, we determined the disease afflicting the population was not created by any pathogen, mutagen, or through the Force. The data you are about to receive will show that the victims have been in close proximity to an ultrasonic signal that altered their brain chemistry, likely emitted from small innocuous devices they received as gifts or were unwittingly purchased. It explains the rapid and yet random spread of the disease even once the Anzati enacted quarantine measures."

A tap of hard light keys and the data would be on its way to the Loremaster.

"Jamming the signal should stop any further cases, but any victims exposed to the signal for longer than a few hours have had permanent alterations made to their brains and should be exterminated. Retrieval teams should be sent to locate the devices for study and to remove them from population centers. I further recommend the Office of Imperial Truth begins disseminating some rumors that the devices were introduced by one of our enemies."

She didn't voice aloud her suspicions on the creator of the devices yet, that would be for the Emperor himself to hear, and for the Triumvir of Power to question the Triumvir of Knowledge about.

Darth Wyyrlok XXIV

D
Objective: Burn the Sick

"Acknowledged, Lady Raaf."
The data promised was downloaded to the Chagrian's wrist-comm, saved in a thrice-encrypted file for later study.
"I will relay your discovery to the rest of our forces planetside, they will recover these devices." Recover, not destroy. Though Chagrian was far more spiritual than he was scientific, he understood what advantages could be achieved by reverse-engineering such technology. More importantly, the Emperor himself would undoubtedly be most pleased by these devices more than their circumvention of the crisis they had caused. What yet remained was to discover who was behind this scheme, but from the implications in Lady Raaf's voice, it appeared that she had some hunch. Wyyrlok wouldn't push the issue any further.
"Continue your work in the Emperor's name, and may the Force ever serve you." Wyyrlok severed the transmission, recalling the holo-projector to his hand with the Force. Placing the device back into one of his many pockets, the Sith Lord turned away to look out over the stone balcony at the city below; tendrils of acrid smog roiling up into the night sky as the fires of cleansing continued to burn bright.
Anzat belonged to the Sith.

Objective I

Mimi sat atop a crate of weapons, watching as the last preparations for the burning were completed. The dome had been fully constructed and the Perdition Corps were prepared. The Infernals were on standby just outside the dome in case the Anzati grew too rowdy for the troopers to handle. They were bred to handle situations such as this. A band of cutthroats and heartless beings with no remorse or regrets.

The sounds of far off transports approaching could be heard by the Keshiri. She jumped down from the crate and looked off to the distance and spotted them. She then turned to the dome and walked over to the awaiting Infernals and spoke with them. After her brief word, the Infernals moved to the positions just on the edge of the transports landing zones. Once they arrived, the doors opened and the Infernals led the feral Anzati into the dome. Those that had to be tranquilized were carried by the more brute Infernals and tossed into the pit.

The dome was large enough to hold several thousand of the sick, yet it was still very crowded due to the sheer number that were gathered there. On the outside, it was nearly silent. One could not hear the massive commtion going on inside the dome due to the large number of Anzati held there. Malkithis and Karina then stepped off one of the transports and walked up to Mimi.

"It's time, Vaal. Set them ablaze."
Malkithis ordered.

"Very well." Mimi agred. She sent the order over the comms to the Perdition Corps. Nearly instantly after the order, the incenerators were fired up inside the dome, completely filling the glasteel structure with unbearable flames. There were certainly screams of terror and pain within the dome, but none on the outside could hear them. All they saw were the purifying flames cleansing Anzat of the plague that had cursed it.

"Lord Admiral, it is finished." Malkithis spoke into his comm unit.

Darth Athora breathed a deep exhale as she sat in her command throne. "So it is then."

K O R _ V E X E N
| Location | Abandoned Temple, Anzat
| Purpose | Compromise
The couple dozen or so Anzati assassins currently present would have blades drawn, poised to strike though they seemed hesitant, as if afraid to attack the lone Anzat general. He continued to remain unfazed despite his current situation as he stared at his mother who stood at the far end, a woman he had not seen in over seven hundred years. The silence was unsettling, with tensions high. One of the younger Anzati present seemed to get cold feet as he uttered a battlecry. Not very assassin like, but it seemed that the ones who evacuated the village that was being razed to the ground were present. The young warrior would run at Vexen from behind, blade raised above his head as he readied a swing at the back of Vexen's head. There would be a slight shifting of his fingers from his hand held at his side and no other movement. The blade would come within mere inches of cutting open Vexen's head only to be abruptly halted by an unseen force.
No matter how hard the warrior struggled he could not move his blade closer to Vexen, nor could he move any other part of his body. Vexen would begin to stride forward slowly, the Anzati assassins moving, maintaining their distance around Vexen as he stepped closer, holding his helmet under one arm while his other hand waved dismissively. The young warrior that was frozen behind him would soon have his body begin to contort and shift, turning the blade on himself as he held it to his own neck while Vexen spoke, " I admit that I did not expect to return to the wretched place I once called home any time soon in my lifetime, let alone see a familiar face that I once thought dead. To think the traditions of our clan still live on because of you...Though I must say, I am quite disappointed. " Vexen would flex his index finger as the Anzati holding his own blade to his neck suddenly jerked his arms, slicing open his own throat as a spray of blood gushed out, the life rapidly draining from his body as he was held up by the invisible force like a morbid statue or puppet.
Vexen paused as he stood about twenty feet away from his mother, who still seemed slightly shocked. The apprehensive Anzati assassins didn't know what to do after Vexen displayed a mere example of his powers, still searching for a point of weakness or opening to exploit. Another lengthy silence would follow before Vexen spoke once more, " Too shocked at the sight of your own flesh and blood? And I was told that all mothers would care for their own offspring no matter what would become of them. Rejoice, your son has returned. " The woman before Vexen would grit her teeth as she slowly regained her composure, perhaps coming to peace with the fact that she may very well die then and there, " I have no son... What stands before me is a monster... " Vexen would raise an eyebrow in amusement continuing to step forward, " A monster? I have simply transcended far past what any of our people could ever hope to achieve... "
He would be within arms reach of her now, looking down at her as their eyes locked. There was no sign of remorse in Vexen's eyes and not a hint of forgiveness in hers. They both knew what happened seven hundred years ago, and here the only two survivors for the massacre that happened then were reunited at long last. " Well then? Be done with it... " Vexen gave a morbid grin before speaking, " Be done with it? You seem to mistake my intentions...After finding that you are still alive, I have no intent to kill you...No...Quite the opposite...And in fact, the only reason why you and your pupils are still alive at this moment. While I found your interpretation of our traditions a mere shade of what they once were, our people's skills are still regarded as the most lethal in the galaxy...Join me...Continue to raise your students with my guidance and elevate them to something greater...Or die here and now... "
Another wave of uneasiness would spread through the Anzati as the proposition was made. By this time Vexen was the equivalent of the boogeyman, to them, an individual from centuries past that was responsible for a massacre. There was no doubt among any present that he could slaughter them all if he so desired. There would be a long pause before a sigh was heard, " So be it... " The Anzati assassins would stand down as Vexen raised his helmet back up, putting it back on before he turned and began to walk away, " You will remain on Anzat under the watchful eye of the Empire. Continue your training and I will provide...Additional training when they are ready...Rest assured, you will be called upon to serve when I demand it... "
The mist would begin to swirl and flood the area once more as Vexen disappeared, a heavy sigh being heard from the woman as she collapsed to the ground, the pressure finally having gotten to her. Few things could make a cold-blooded assassin fear anything, let alone someone, and yet the same feeling of coldness and fear she felt over seven hundred years ago came rushing back. She had created a monster, and there was nothing in the Galaxy that she could do to stop it.

Objective I: Tainted Soup - A game of cat and mouse...

And so the Lord of Gluttony's work was done, another world folded into the Empire, a powerful species thrown into a crucible, and the fruits of his labors collected for his own personal gain. The Coven of Gluttony would prosper with its newfound Anzati initiates, who would provide the cult with insatiable assassins to better serve the greed of a dark master. The amusement of their suffering would bring joy to the face of the monster waiting in the Netherworld, and his treachery, once discovered, would bring no small amount of drama to his doorstep.

Voracitos craved the dramatic, however, and waited patiently for his deceptions to be discovered and unveiled, but by who? The Triumvir of Knowledge was curious to see who was participating in his game of cat and mouse...

Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf

Objective: BYOO (Defeat Mysterious Dark Sider)

The Mercenaries waited nervously at the positions they had been told to wait at in the interior chamber.

They could hear her approach. The mysterious, dark skinned woman had vanished since giving her instructions, along with the wounded Echani, and when the twitching, bleeding woman whose flesh wriggled as she kicked open the door, they waited as she began to walk the darkened interior, keeping their emotions as still and silent as they could, their minds empty as they had been instructed.

Striding past shattered prayer wheels, The Congregation looked for prey to feed on, her flesh wanting sustainance after the strenuous battle she had just been through, both purple blades on her ringed staff active, and tensed as she felt the presence of another Dark User.

It was at thispoint that The Amalgam, biding her time, chose to strike from within.

Typical Congregation. Nothing but Brute Force and no back up plan. Still pining for the voice of the Unholy Spirit.

"Be silent, Failure." The Congregation sneered as she moved to where she sensed the Dark User.

You want to know why she never spoke to you? Not once?

The Congregation snarled and angrily discharged a bolt of red lightning from her hands.

Its because of the same reason you originally lost to me...you were sloppy...horribly sloppy. Just like now. Death taught you nothing, Master.

"I will not be lectured to by the one whose body I stole almost without effort." The Congregation hissed malevolently as she strode forward.

Short term gains mean nothing in the face of long term defeats.

The Mercenaries chose this moment to open fire from all sides, and while the witch was able to deflect most of the shots, some slugs were fired also, and she was forced to once again resort to the Dark Side to keep herself alive as the bullets ripped into her Torso, spilling white blood and muscle tissue.

I would never have fallen for such an obvious trap. Your reliance on The Bogan made your powerful, Master, but it also made you arrogant to the point of self sabotage...

The Congregation roared in the fight with an inhuman pitch as she moved, cutting through her still firing attackers with brutal, animalistic ferocity, blades spinning on the ringed track that mounted the hilt. But as she sustained more injuries she felt her mind weaken, felt her hold on the body slackening.

Sloppy sloppy sloppy...her body's previous owner taunted from within.

The Congregation killed and killed, even as blaster bolts found their mark and further damaged the suit. She at last tackled someone and drained him almost instantly and that fixed most of the torso wounds, but many quickly reappeared as she was shot up further while fighting, cutting or draining through the mercenaries, flesh now constantly shuddering from the stress. She had just finished draining another when a lucky bolt blasted her saber out of her hand, hitting the ringed track and shutting down both blades instantly.

The Congregation lashed out in pure hate, vomiting red lightning from her mouth that sent her remaining attackers fleeing. They had chosen their ambush points well, firing from all sides. The damage was done.

The Congregation stared in shock and outrage at her damaged blade, felt the conducting loop that allowed her to stay in control fading, breaking down.

"No! Its not fair! I was free! I was out!" She snarled, her flesh rippling as she struggled to stay in control against the Amalgam's resurgent strength. But it was no use. The head and face warped and deformed, the screaming Congregation's features vanishing back into the Amalgam's as her head went back to normal.

"That is why I'm the Master, Congregation. And you? Nothing more than an overenthusiastic brute..." The Amalgam sneered to herself, and that is when she saw her new opponent, standing in the rafters above.

The Amalgam's eyes widened in surprise.

"No...it can't be. You can't be her. You can't be The Assembly! The entire line of witches she was composed of was violently destroyed in The Massassi Cataclysm in The Gulag Era. You have to be a fraud...but why imitate her?"

Instead of answering, the woman who resembled The Assembly leaped down with both of her purple shotos, and sprinted at The Amalgam, who, it bears reminding, was currently disarmed.

Uh oh...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom