Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Times of Peace?

Nebula.png

AVS Tython
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Appearance: Link
Weapons:
Blasters | Lightsaber
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

"I can't wait to find out if they'll have a connection, but if they do, I'm sure it'll be very useful."
She smiled and watched him for a moment, as he likely theorized even more inside his mind. She could pick up on it a little, but it was mostly just fun for her to see him this invested in a new area of research. To think that after thousands of years, the Jedi could still learn something entirely new was just... amazing.

Sadly, though, the moment was interrupted when the captain called them up. Valery grumbled but did get off his lap and snatched his hands to pull him up to his feet. <Just tell us where you need us,> Valery then added to what her husband said, and the Captain was quick to respond.

<After the shuttle with you two supposedly on it made a hyperspace jump, we noticed several individuals moving down to weapons and ammunition storage. It is guarded, but I don't trust it.> Would they blow the ship apart with themselves on it? Neither the Captain nor Valery knew, but they could do a lot of damage if they got to the heavier weapons.

Kahlil_Div2.png

Would they blow up the ship with themselves on it?

Absolutely. Kahlil knew first hand just what a loyal trooper to the Sith could and would do for their masters. He squeezed Valery's hands as he was pulled up, biting back a chuckle at the idea of someone so much smaller than him helping him to his feet. He had no doubt in her strength, it just gave him a giggle. But, business was business, so the giggle never escaped.

<Keep an eye on it. If they make a move, I can bring Valery and I there immediately.>

Valery Noble Valery Noble

Nebula.png

AVS Tython
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Blasters | Lightsaber

"Don't you dare laugh at me-"
Valery said after she knew he wanted to giggle at her for helping him up. But... then she realized her comm unit was still open, and that the Captain heard every word she said. Valery immediately broke eye contact with Kahlil, cleared her throat, and quickly decided to say something before questions could come up. <Right uh, we're ready to move at a moment's notice,> she said before actually closing her comm channel this time.

She then shot Kahlil a preemptive glare, just in case he wanted to tease her for it.

<They're breaching the main doors now, Masters Noble,> Izah said, ignoring the slip-up. <Please stop them before it's too late.>

Kahlil_Div2.png

<Then we're off.>

So they were an enemy. Kahlil let out a sigh before space around him, and by extension Valery, warped. The pair moved, going from where they stood to just outside the doors and behind the group trying to carve their way in. He cleared his throat as he stepped a little ways away from his wife so they both had room to move.

"I believe regulation demands you put in a request for arms and armor. I don't think they're going to let you in."

Nebula.png

AVS Tython
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Blasters | Lightsaber

All at once, space around them warped, and the two Jedi Masters were right where they needed to be. It was still an odd feeling, even after having swapped places through their bond, so Valery needed a second to get her bearings, while Kahlil stepped away from her a little to confront the handful of infiltrators looking to get in. They were already armed, but what they were after was likely something a bit more dangerous.

Didn't stop Kahlil from poking some fun, though.

"I don't think you're going to survive-" one soldier spat, before he turned around and opened fire not with a blaster, but a flamethrower. Kahlil didn't have to do much though, as his own flame stood behind him, and manipulated the path of the fire to warp around him. Not because he needed it, but because she wanted to cover his back, and give him a chance to really surprise the trooper.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Sure."

Kahlil stepped forward into the fire, knowing full well Valery would part it for him. He didn't hurry, didn't try to rush them down. Instead he held his hand to the side, letting the green of his saber flash to it's frozen life. And all at once, it consumed the flame. He stepped forward, letting the Entropite in his blade consume the flame jutting forward. All with his calm smile. But now with a piercing, hard gaze.

Traitors to the Sith, who willingly try to kill their own friends they pretended to make, were in no position to earn his forgiveness. But he would grant them mercy.

"You're welcome to see how many of your deaths it would take to ensure mine. Or you can surrender. You can't take us both, and you know it."

Nebula.png

AVS Tython
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Blasters | Lightsaber

She should probably help him, not because he needed it at all, but because it was the most Jedi thing to do. In moments like this, though, Valery just stood back and watched him instead. There was something about him when he got serious that made her heart beat faster, and he knew that. Perhaps it's exactly why he was being a little bit extra about it even. Either way, it had the intended effect, and intimidated the infiltrators enough to lower their weapons.

They were willing to blow themselves up with the ship, but suicide without accomplishing anything was even something they weren't willing to do. So all of them dropped their weapons and raised their arms in surrender.

It was over.

<Show off,> Valery teased through their bond, before she stepped forward and commed the Captain. <We've got them secured, Captain. Send over security and your ship should be yours again.> Turning it back off, Valery glanced at her husband and smiled lovingly.

"So, about that vacation."

Kahlil_Div2.png

<Only for you.>

He chuckled, glancing towards Valery for only a moment before letting his blade extinguish and let his eyes stare back towards the infiltrators. At least they had some sense, but he was sure they'd find ways to kill themselves if they had the chance. Such was the devotion of those who followed the Sith. He let out a sigh before smiling back towards Valery. Nodding once.

"I don't think it'll be much of a vacation, but it could be nice."

Nebula.png

AVS Tython
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Blasters | Lightsaber

<And you call me the silly romantic~>
Valery said in response with a grin that met his gaze when he briefly looked at her. Her eyes then followed him back to the infiltrators, filled with suspicion, but with security arriving to take them away, she believed the threat to be cleared. The Force surely suggested that as well, as the tension from before seemed to have entirely faded. It had cost some lives, caused damage to the ship, but the majority of the crew was safe, and the Alliance had a lot more intel.

Not quite what they were expecting, but it would be crucial to make sure that other ships weren't compromised now either.

"Oh I wasn't talking about the familiar trip to Tython," Valery said with a chuckle, once they stood alone again. "Just messing around. I feel like we've had very little time to really just be with family, either at home or on vacation. You know, between the end of the War and... me being captured." She frowned at herself for it, and let out a soft sigh.

"Now all of this."

Kahlil_Div2.png

"I hear Ukatis is having a festival." Kahlil flashed a brief smile as he reached out to hold her close, closed his eyes. Relaxed, just having her there. After all this, of course this was what he wanted. Spending time with her, being close to her. He let out a brief sigh, more of one of exhaustion than anything else.

"We should go there. Check on Cora. Maybe kill a prince if we're feeling feisty."

Nebula.png

AVS Tython
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Blasters | Lightsaber

Valery didn't hesitate for a moment, and stepped into him when he pulled her closer. Her arms settled around his waist, her cheek rested against his chest, and she just relaxed with the sound of his heartbeat soothing her mind. This was always something he had been the best at, and he knew exactly when she needed it the most. "You feel tired too, love," Valery said after the exhausted sigh. This had been a long day, so maybe she was going to cook for him tonight, and just relax with the kids.

As much as they'd allow them to relax, anyway.

"We should go there. Check on Cora. Maybe kill a prince if we're feeling feisty."

Valery snorted, and poked his stomach, "That sounds like fun. Vera and the kids will love playing games with us again." She looked up and smirked at him.

"Maybe I'll think about something for the two of us too. Not a vacation necessarily, but you know me... I love working with you too. Or learning like we did on Lothal."

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil snickered in turn, ruffling her hair a little before he leaned down to kiss her forehead. He wasn't serious. Mostly. Kinda. He wasn't against beating down the scum of a man that was named prince of Ukatis, but yeah, well, he wouldn't commit any regicide with Valery and their kids around.

"We can give it a try, maybe. There's so much to do, though. Can't be everywhere at once."

Nebula.png

AVS Tython
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Blasters | Lightsaber

The ruffling of her hair and kiss on her forehead made her smile brightly all over again. Small gestures, but loving ones that always helped her feel amazing. "I love youuu," she hummed, forgetting for just a moment that they were on a warship at the end of a fairly intense mission that could have easily gone wrong.

Or well, could have gone wrong if they hadn't been around.

"There is a lot to do, but why not do it together? We make the best team." She grinned, and hardly felt like she was bragging either. They really were, as far as she was concerned. "So we could look into the Sith some more, or visit former Imperial worlds that the Alliance hasn't really helped yet..." she frowned and the image of Dantooine flashed through her mind, as a more painful memory resurfaced for a second.

"Or well... wherever you also feel we're needed, unless you want to do something more relaxed." She smiled, and would ultimately be happy to just be out and about making a difference with him.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"I love you too."

He snickered again, though, this time once more ruffling her hair, to make a mess of it this time around. No more bad thoughts, not if he had a choice on it. They just solved this problem, they didn't need to stress out about everything else.

"We'll see as we go. If we're always together though, the Alliance will suffer for it. As strong as we are together, sometimes they'll need us in separate places."

Nebula.png

AVS Tython
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Blasters | Lightsaber

"I love you too."

She was shining brightly now, and had already forgotten about negative memories.... when he messed up her hair. She grumbled playfully, and jabbed another finger into his side, "Heyyy," she laughed and squeezed him into a tighter hug. "You mean I can't keep you to myself? I don't like sharing, you know..." she joked with a smirk, but she of course understood what he meant. "I know, though, and we will work separately when it's necessary."

"I just want us to keep spending enough time together. It's what keeps me sane," she admitted with a soft smile. "So help the Alliance wherever you need to, but don't forget about me~"

"I need attention too,"
she chuckled and pulled back a little to look him in the eyes.

Kahlil_Div2.png

That he couldn't keep a straight face with. Not that he laughed, but rather, he just grinned almost stupidly as he watched her. His hands came up, gently squeezing her cheeks between them as he just stared at her with all the love he could have in his eyes. "Aww, who'd of thought you were so needy? If only the Alliance knew just how important I am to your mental health. We'd get so many vacations, wouldn't we? I wonder if you could actually make that a formal request."

And so begun, the teasing had.

Nebula.png

AVS Tython
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Blasters | Lightsaber

Valery was grinning right along with him, but broke out into some actual giggling when he pulled her cheeks and had that loving look in those silver eyes. To tease right back, she stuck out her tongue, and made a silly face before fiery eyes settled in a loving gaze for him. Even her favorite I love you could barely describe just how strong her feelings for him were, but the way she looked at him always would.

"You are important to me for everything, and you love me being needy," she said with a huff. "I'd also be careful what you wish for, because I will make a request for more vacation time between us. We are carrying a lot on our shoulders, after all." she gave a totally serious, big nod, and smirked at him.

She could tease and play this game too.

"An actual vacation does sound nice, though. But maybe we should first do some more work together, hm?"

Nebula.png

AVS Tython
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Blasters | Lightsaber

"Yep, you're mine,"
she said, her voice a little silly because he was still pulling her cheeks wide. Not that it bothered her at all — she loved these silly little things between them, and seeing him grin like this and enjoy the moment made her heart beat faster. "So cancel your plans, and bring me along wherever you go." A joke, of course, although she'd definitely love to join him for just about anything.

It was always exciting, even if it was a serious mission like today's.

"I know, so where to next? We could look into the Caldera some more, but I also fear that if we hyper-focus on the Sith, we might overlook other problems. Or should we really just prioritize them?" she asked, and it was only after she talked that she realized how funny her voice still sounded, which made her snicker all over again.

"...are you letting go off my cheeks?"

Kahlil_Div2.png

".. No, not yet. This is adorable."

He had no intention of letting go of her cheeks just yet. He just smiled, watching her. Eventually he did let her cheeks go, this time to reach up and pat the top of her head again. Smooth out the hair he'd messed with just a little ago.

"We just finished with this. Why don't we go home for a bit?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom