Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Times of Peace?

Nebula.png

AVS Tython
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Appearance: Link
Weapons:
Blasters | Lightsaber
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

"This kind of betrayal and the lives it cost is cruel as well, Master Jedi," Izah countered, but she knew that she couldn't make the Jedi do things against their code. So rather than pressing the issue, she sighed and looked between the two Jedi Masters. They had already done so much for her ship and crew, so it was almost rude to ask for anything more.

But they were Jedi, so this was just part of what they did.

"I uh, could use a shower though..." Valery chimed in with a sheepish smile. "If we still have any intruders on board, they will not show themselves immediately. We'll have to be patient," she said, before turning her gaze to Kahlil. If they left the bridge for now, they'd have a chance to work out a plan too.

"If you want, go down to deck 33, section. The room on the far left is the nicest one on board for guests," the Captain said. "I'll be ordering extensive system checks to make sure all our critical systems are actually operational. This will take time, but once we get to the most important ones, it's also the best time for an intruder to strike."

She paused and hummed in thought.

"Maybe I could order one shuttle to leave the ship, and make it seem as if our Jedi protectors have left? It could make any last intruders a little more bold."

Kahlil_Div2.png

"If you think tricking them into thinking we've left is a good idea, we will play the part. I can leave some of my runes where they might strike so I can get there as quickly as possible." It'd be handy to be able to appear where he needed, but he wouldn't be able to monitor those sections himself.

"What do you think?"

Valery Noble Valery Noble

Nebula.png

AVS Tython
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Blasters | Lightsaber

"I believe so, and I've seen what those... runes, can do. Go right ahead," Izah told him before she gave placement some thought as well. "They won't hit the engineering deck a second time, nor do I think they'll try the bridge. Perhaps life-support, our emergency generators or ammunition storage," she concluded, and Valery dipped her head in agreement. They'd likely hit something important, but not something they already failed to attack.

"We could pass by those locations as we make our way down, and then sit tight in our quarters until it's time for action?" Valery asked her husband. He'd be the one creating those runes, so she could mostly just support him. One bit of support being that she didn't kill his sense of smell.

"Once you two are ready, I'll order a shuttle to depart."

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Then we've got a good plan."

Kahlil flashed a brief smile. A 'we got this' kind of smile anyway, to the captain before he stepped away with Valery. He raised a hand as they walked, letting his eyes close and letting his senses drift, all so he could leave the runes he needed where he needed. Then laughed.

"Times like this I wish I still had my familiar. It'd be much easier to see more."

Nebula.png

AVS Tython
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Blasters | Lightsaber

"There's no way to create one that's not, you know, evil? Dangerous? Dark Side..." Valery blinked and looked at her husband. Even after all these years, some things still surprised her. To see him manipulate runes throughout the ship just like that was quite amazing, and almost made her wish she had tried to learn more about it. But then again, she didn't have his background, and likely wouldn't ever get near this level of proficiency.

"You know, sometimes I wish I could do all those things you're doing right now."

She chuckled and bumped into his side with her hip, "It's pretty cool," she added smugly, before they eventually made their way down to the quarters they'd hide in until the time was right. Valery was quick to unceremoniously take off her shirt and toss it away onto the floor, while she headed over to the bathroom and continued to talk.

"You think we'll have to wait for long? I don't think I'd make a move too quickly if I were them."

Kahlil_Div2.png

"There might be, but it's.. Different. Creating life like that." The power over life wasn't something to take lightly, especially as a former necromancer. He knew full well the power he had once, and what he'd given up to be a better person. Though, he blinked as he glanced towards her.

".. I don't think you do. Not really, anyway. A lot of people died for me to learn this kind of power."

Both by his hand and not. What he was doing now was just an adapted, purer form. But everything he'd learned had come at a price.

"They'll wait as long as they can to be sure we're gone."

Nebula.png

AVS Tython
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Blasters | Lightsaber

".. I don't think you do. Not really, anyway. A lot of people died for me to learn this kind of power."

Valery paused, and looked over her shoulder with a small frown, "That's not how I meant it," Valery said with a faint smile. "I know you've gone through a lot, but just like with others, holding it above your head your whole life isn't really how we should be as Jedi either. I understand you wouldn't want to forget about the past, but you've also helped a lot of people, you know." Not that she needed to tell him.

He had a family with her and the kids, Padawans who cared about him, and they've worked hard to protect as many people as they can, at any given time. The Aing-Tii being a very recent example.

Valery then stepped into the shower, and rubbed herself clean as quickly as she could. This wasn't a vacation, and the saboteurs could strike at any moment, so she didn't want to linger too long. Still, she had a bit of a smirk on her face, when she stepped into the room with only a towel wrapped around her. "How do those familiars work anyway? I don't really know anything about them. Are they actual forms of life? Or is it a pure manifestation of the Force?"

Kahlil_Div2.png

He raised a brow right up as he glanced to her, then reached out to boop her forehead.

"That's not how I meant it either. My past certainly doesn't chain me down."

Then she was back from the shower. He smirked a little, shaking his head shortly after. "It's.. More complicated, I suppose. It depends on the ritual. Some are pure manifestations, others are creatures warped to your will. It's incredibly expensive to make one, and they're fairly fragile. But, their strength lies in the fact you can see through them as if they were your eyes. And in terms of combat, you can use the Force through them. I once tried to kill Jedi Master Veiere through the one I had created. It allows you to avoid direct confrontation, and in a way that makes it truly powerful."

Nebula.png

AVS Tython
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Blasters | Lightsaber

The forehead boop got her to blink as usual, and reset her a little before she headed into the shower. After she made her way back out, she caught his smirk, and waggled her eyebrows a little. She knew exactly what she was doing and she loved to tempt him this way. It didn't matter that they were on a Alliance warship at all.

"Warping creatures doesn't sound like something we can do, or even would want to do," Valery continued, as she stepped in front of a mirror and began to blow dry her hair. "A pure manifestation of the Force sounds doable, though? We can create illusions, and some can project an image of themselves across planets and see through them. Maybe this is like an extension of that?" Valery theorized, mostly because it was fun, and she knew he was a bit nerdy about these things too.

Maybe it's a project he'd want to look into?

"Do you think it's worth trying?"

Kahlil_Div2.png

"You're chaos incarnate. What would happen if they needed help but I'm too busy with you, mm?" Would that actually happen? He certainly believed as much. He stepped up behind her, wrapping his arms around her waist to just hold her a bit. While avoiding getting in the way of her taking care of her hair. He knew how important that was.

"Most Jedi would say to abandon the knowledge I have for true enlightenment and such, especially those from your time. It is something I'm interested in figuring out, though. The more I can use what I know for good, the better I feel."

Nebula.png

AVS Tython
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Blasters | Lightsaber

Valery had quite the mischievous smirk when he stepped behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist. "I'm sure they could wait a little bit longer," Valery teased before she leaned in closer to kiss his cheek. "We have to make sure they really don't know that we're here, after all." She really was chaos incarnate at this point, knowing what all these temptations could do to him

It was just too much fun.

"Those from my time, hm? Trying to tell me something, babe?" She grinned but then nodded more seriously. A little bit, anyway. "I think you should look into it as well. Jedi are supposed to be open-minded and pursue knowledge that can be used to help others. This sounds like something that could easily be used in a lot of situations to avoid conflict." Perhaps in combat, it would also be useful to a Jedi, but she didn't know for sure.

Valery then snaked her way out of his embrace, not because she wanted to break the hug, but because she had a little bit more teasing to do. This time, she walked over to the bathroom again, and dropped the towel just outside the door before she stepped inside. To get changed back into her clothing, and not to provoke him some more, of course...

"Do you think you'll need any help to figure it wll out?" She asked, still with a smirk from ear to ear.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"You really are just chaos."

He was speaking to himself at this point as he watched her walk away. But, despite the voice in his head practically screaming for him to follow her into the bathroom, he only watched her walk away before plopping down on the bed with a sigh. He only just then actually thought about what she was saying and not being utterly distracted by her. Use his knowledge for good, that made sense.

There wasn't too much that could be good, though. Necromancy wasn't really a dual sided ability.

"I'll never deny help. Especially if these turn out to be something truly useful. .. Kyber is alive, no? I wonder if you help it manifest."

Nebula.png

AVS Tython
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Blasters | Lightsaber

The sigh said it all

Valery knew exactly what she was doing to him, but he remained strong. For now. They'd be going home later, once the ship is all cleared from saboteurs, and she knew what to expect there now. Bringing some chaos with her had its fun perks, and neither of them would be complaining by the end of the day. Right now though, she was sure he was as frustrated as she was.

"Kyber crystals are alive, yes," Valery said when she returned in her Jedi gear again. Still, she walked over and sat down on his lap, one leg on each side of his legs. She then placed her hands on his shoulders and looked at him with a more loving smile, rather than a seductive or teasing one. "Some other crystals are, too. Maybe they can help you manifest it, just like how they guide us to have lightsabers. Those crystals do form a bond with us, after all." She smirked and gently rested her forehead against his.

"I'd love to help you, as always."

Kahlil_Div2.png

The gears were turning in his head, even as Valery straddled his lap. He reacted out of instinct alone to return the hug and keep her balanced, but his attention was just gone. He'd just thought about how Necromancy wasn't going to be any use, but what if it was? So much of his research had been about giving sentience to that which lacked it. Kyber wasn't fully sentient, not the way he or Valery was. What if he could give them sentience? Awaken them?

He blinked after a moment before grinning, his gaze finally focusing on Valery as he leaned forward to steal a quick kiss.

"We just need to help awaken them."

Nebula.png

AVS Tython
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Blasters | Lightsaber

Even though his arms wrapped around her to keep her balanced and close, Valery could tell he was distracted. What had started as a simple comment, perhaps even a joke, about the usefulness of his old familiar, was now turning into something much more than that. He actually wanted to figure it out, maybe even if it ended up not being as valuable as the familiar he had once made as a Sith.

It was fun to theorize and try to learn more about the mysterious Force.

But after a moment, as ideas began to manifest, he snapped out of his thoughts and finally seemed to really realize that she was sitting on his lap. With a grin, he stole a kiss that Valery made sure lasted a second or two longer, before she pulled back and grinned at him in return. "Like helping them come out of their shell, in a way?" Valery chuckled. "That sounds doable, although I'm not sure where to start myself."

"Do you think we should try it somewhere special? Like a place connected more strongly to the Force?"

Kahlil_Div2.png

"The more attuned to the Force, the better, I imagine. They'll need every bit of help they can get to manifest. It's not something I imagine they've ever done. But, with the Force, I imagine anything is possible. Just a matter of how similar it might end up to making a regular familiar. If it is, it'll be uh, pretty expensive. Hopefully it won't be similar in the slightest, but you never know."

He certainly didn't. But, well, he was excited to experiment with it none the less. And it showed.

"We'll get started soon as we're done here."

Nebula.png

AVS Tython
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Blasters | Lightsaber

This time, Valery poked his forehead, wanting to see if it'd reset his brain a little too. There were just so many thoughts going on inside that it seemed like it'd be hard to piece everything together. But it also showed that he was really excited, and she loved seeing it. From experimenting with ancient runes to developing his own Lightsaber Form, and now this. It sure made her seem a lot less fun and willing to experiment in comparison.

"We could go to Tython, Lothal... maybe Spintir or even the Nexus on Keshi," Valery said with a sparkle in her eyes. Sure, it wasn't entirely vacation, but it wasn't like someone's life depended directly on them figuring out the familiar either. They could have a little fun, right?

"...can we just sit like this until we go home again? I'm pretty comfy," she then said with a smirk.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"I think Tython is perfect. Mostly so the Jedi I welcome don't have to travel too far." Vacations were nice, but he wasn't about to keep this just between them. The more Jedi who had input, the better. Especially given the dark nature that it came from. Doing something like that by himself or just with Valery felt too.. Isolated. Under the table. And the last thing he wanted was to give anyone more ammunition to target the Jedi.

"Only if the saboteur doesn't rear their head. Otherwise, we're still Jedi."

Nebula.png

AVS Tython
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Blasters | Lightsaber

"Oh, inviting everybody? I like it,"
she said, choosing to once again lean in for a closer hug. Her chin came to rest on top of his shoulder, and her hands were idly shifting over his back. After a long mission, few things felt nicer than a hug like this. Even if they still had a job to do soon enough. "We've also not organized anything on Tython in a while, so it'll be interesting to go there." She leaned back, pecked his lips and grinned again.

"I wonder what these familiars will look and feel like. Or how our bond affects them. Maybe I could see through your familiar too!" she said with an almost Vera level of excitement in her voice. The theories were just too much fun, so she genuinely looked forward to traveling there and exploring it with the other Jedi.

"Only if the saboteur doesn't rear their head. Otherwise, we're still Jedi."

"Yeah yeah... you know I wouldn't just sit here when we're needed," she huffed and pouted playfully. "Just let me enjoy being close and comfy with you," she said with a chuckle, but sadly, her happy moment didn't last very long.

<Masters Jedi, are you both ready?> the Captain asked.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"That's a good point. Our dyad makes us one, so will they also be one? Being able to use them both will certainly make life easier for us both, no?" At least for him. With all his abilities, having multiple points he could launch his attacks from was always grand. Even now that would've been more useful than his runes. An extra set of eyes to watch where he couldn't alone were some of the most useful tasks for a Familiar.

He kept her close even with his inner musings. He didn't want to let her go either, but the message came.

<As ready as we can be, Captain.>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom