Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Timeline Event Addition: Great Galactic War

The title says it all.

[member="FN-6767"] has started chronicling the events surrounding the 3 invasions which more or less will involve all major factions in some way, dubbing it 'The Great Galactic War'.

Considering the influence on a galaxy-wide level of these events similiar to the Netherworld & Omega, I suggest having 'The Great Galactic War' added as a timeline event in the timeline database we've got.

FN-6767 has been sourcing all information in one place here - http://starwarsrp.net/blog/794/entry-2399-great-galactic-war/

I think this is a great idea. The work that has gone in and the planning that is going into the continuation of the war is equivalent to the size and scale of the big events here, and a massive testament to the commitment of the community. It would be an immense shame to leave this out of the timeline, considering just how major it is likely to be.

I'm also in support - we're going to have things catalogued, people are already gearing up and getting active for everything that's going on; I think it'd be a good opportunity to let people be really involved in a significant event within the timeline of the board, without requiring heaps of work by the staff team, who have tons to do already.

We've never had player-run stuff wind up as its own timeline update (though it's featured in in the text of several of them). If this thing gets as big as planned, though, and takes off like it's got the potential to do, who knows. Me, I think it would be awesome.

Stephanie Swail

Look what they've done to my dream
It could be the Star Wars story that helps bring the Factions and community here closer than pushing them out.

Goodness knows we need that in these dark and scary times IRL - this is our escape and we don't need any stress or angst when we log in.

I support this as with multiple factions divided in a WW2 type way with the factions with the 'Allies' and the Axis of Evil. I feel this would boost member activity, Factions would grow more and overall fun would be had fighting the ultimate battle between good and evil for the fate of the Galaxy. :D

This was timed perfectly.

Here's the comparison. So, all the previous World of Warcraft expansions have been about some outside force appearing, be it Outland and Illidan, Northrend and Arthus, Deathwing, Garrosh kinda counts but also not really, Draenor and the Iron Horde and recently the Legion invasion. These expansions have always involved the Horde and the Alliance teaming up with uneasy truces to push back the threat, truces which are usually broken whilst skirmishes between the two factions break out.

This mirrors Chaos' galactic events perfectly, mass invasions or threats such as the Incursion and Omega have caused people from all walks of life to team up to take the problem out head-on, but it obviously wasn't all love and happiness between the good guys and the bad guys.

BUT, with next year's wow expansion being announced as a massive war between Horde and Alliance, this invasion x3 could not have been timed more perfectly. Mirroring the expansion, all the big boys will be battling it out head to head, breaking and making temporary truces whilst minor factions get involved in this all time battle for survival.

How karking cool is that.

[member="Kyrel Ren"] As long as the other Meat bags you call Storm troopers don't get in my way... I'm sure we can discuss this else where, Master.

I'm beyond flattered that the community is using the timeline I'm making as a resource you guys are awesome!

Friendly Reminder; Could Major Faction owners please PM me their commanders & leaders so I can add them to the timeline that'd be amazing and save me a little bit of time to go digging through every single one myself :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom