Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time off (meret)

Meret was speechless. She did not think that Lucien was the type of man to be so committed. She had been pursued, no chased, by many males, different races but all just wanted one thing. This had jaded her perception of female/male relationships. The only pure relationship she knew of was her parents and she thought that it happening again was not a possibility. She almost spilt her tea. She dropped her biscuit. "How big a party?" She grinned. "I like your proposition, it is a dear price for some land and a place to put a boat."

"Very big" He said in a rather dramatic faction "I trust you will make it worth my while I have always wanted more influence and being joint governor of two planets should suffice" He rang the bell that resided on the lamp stand. Their were certainly more efficient ways to summon his servants but he had always liked the old fashioned way. The footman fell through the door, clearly surprised by his summons, He attempted to retain his image of dignity by pretending to have dropped to one knee. Lucien wasn't fooled "Get up and stop behaving like an imbecile" He sighed. He opted not to face the servant "Fetch Mr. Clarker and the designer I want updates on the preparations for tonight" The footman bowed his head and left the room at a notable pace. Lucien turned to Meret "You would think a violent end to an uprising would improve service"

"I will remember" He said despite the fact he had no idea what she was talking about. He stood up as the butler and interior designer entered "My Lord" They said in unison. "I trust everything is prepared?" He asked as he poured a second cup of tea, The designer stepped forward "It is M'lord, The night promises to be clear so I have designed the room to allow access to the patio and gardens" Lucien nodded, then the butler spoke up "Guests will be arriving in an hour sir should I send up your valet?" He asked curtly Lucien nodded "I trust you will not need to change My lady" The butler said addressing meret.

“Oh I did not spill my tea so I don’t have to change but I would like to freshen up. Can you show me to the Ivory room?” She followed the butler down the hall and up the staircase. He opened the door to an enchanted suite. It was decorated in ivory white, and brushed gold, lush green plants with pale delicate flowers. She laid out her make up and examined she face. She redden her lips, and darken her eyelashes. She undid a few of her the neatly place curls to let them cascade down the side of her face. Meret put her gold diadem back on her head; it was so perfect for this night. Guests should be arriving now. Meret wondered if she was to make an entrance with Lucien or she stand in a formal receiving line to greet guests.

Meret summoned the butler “ I am ready. Is there a receiving line? Or do I make an entrance or do Lord Cordel and I make an entrance together?”

The butler stepped into Merets room "My Lady?" He asked she replied with a question he nodded and answered "Lord Cordel does is expected to greet each guest individually before they enter dinner, so yes Your lady ship there is a receiving line of sorts Lord Cordel should be on his way" He bowed "May I excuse myself My lady?" The Butler asked stepping toward the door.

Lucien was just leaving his own dressing room having opted for full white tie dress and He emerged from his his bed room stopping at the top of the stairs he looked down and saw guests were starting to arrive. He walked over to the west wing stopping outside Merets door and knocked sharply three times "Ready?"

Meret answered her door to see Lucien in an elegant white tux. She took his arm and practically floated down the stairs. “ You know there is one problem we have not addressed.” Money, living arrangements, food, vehicles could all be worked out. “You need to meet my mother. She might want to arm wrestle you, or see if you can shoot. My father will embrace our union with open arms.” By the time they have reached the ballroom Meret was in character. She was Lord Cordel’s lady and well suited to be the perfect hostess. Mentally she asked Lucien about his comment about keeping her clothes on and not getting so drunk that she could not stand up.

Meret did not know his guests but she smiled, listen intently, remembered some names, shook a few hands and hugged a few shoulders and was at Lucien’s side. Her father taught her well and educated her on the life of a diplomat. She would be a perfect wife for Lucien if he survived Meret’s mother’s interrogation.

"Then lady Blackmoon I will meet your mother" he said as they moved down the stairs. The guests had congregated in the main auditorium there were many guests but most were too insignificant for a full greeting. A smile here a shook hand there and both sides were content. All the while Lucien was talking mentally to meret "I ment don't get caught out I employ a few people who have no honour and would kill to get a powerful lady paralytic and into a hotel were their partners won't find out" The pair were now nearing the small congragagation worthy of introduction the arrived first to warrik rous who was head of Lucien's secret police "lady Blackmoon I present mr. Warrik rous the man whith too many buddies and few real freinds"

Meret mentally kissed Lucien on the nose and then thought that he should know that she joking with him. I am wiser than I appear. Meret extended her hand to Mr. Warrik Rous. “So nice to meet you. I take it that I shall be seeing more of you?” She looked at Lucien. Does he know about us? Have you told your son? Or is this not the right time? Everything was happening so fast. They really had no time to discuss the simplest things. Tea, Biscuit, Engagement!

Meret understood that Lucien had to present a certain image to his staff and they public. She enjoyed the time that he had spent with her on Endor without the pressures and responsibilities of public life. She had a selfish thought of kidnapping him and taking him back to Endor. Meret also enjoyed being the center of attention knowing that she would be the subject of gossip and innuendos tomorrow morning. Tonight it was time to celebrate. As she spoke to Mr. Warrik Rous “ My security team will be in touch with you.” She mentally sent Lucien a playful image.
dff722a7ae3eff46097b03982a07f906.jpg

"I should hope not he is dangerous the names of people he takes interest in normally end up on death warrant he is dangerous " Lucien smiled. Warrik bowed dramatically "I try M'lord " Lucien laughed Hooking Merets arm in his he gestured that it was time to move to the next guests. as the traversed to the next group he spoke mentally to Meret "No not yet he is away at school I will tell him when he gets home (Darrien is LOA) and darling do try to behave we have guests" He smiled slightly. They approached the next group of important ladies and gentle men "Lady Blackmoon I present Rickard Scott Head of my household gaurd, Mrs. Elvira Bothie commander of Zaddjas police force, Karten Harete Chairman of Zaadja national bank and Lord Sarfen Newly appointed overseer of trade"

Meret thought that Mr. Warrik was there to protect her. There was so much that she did not know about Lucien’s life. They systematically moved through the crowd. She did not say much but listened to all the introductions. She especially paid attention to Lucien’s staff members.

They moved deeper into the crowd. Meret saw their table that was set with exquisite finery: linen and silk, gold and silver, crystal and obsidian. Her favorite flowers, indigo dahlias, were in arrangements with ivory candles. This party was fashionably excessive. She could only imagine her engagement party. She mentally spoke to Lucien I will behave but you are the only one who can read my mind, and I don’t want you to be bored this evening.

"Never be so sure" He said telepathically "There are other who can read minds" He guided her over to the table and pulled out her chair and allowed her to sit down then he also took his seat to her right, whilst the others were taken to tables Lucien lent over "I hope you remember all these names and roles there will be a test" He was joking of course.

The two joining them on the table were Rickard scott and Elvira Bothie. a few minutes later the first course was brought out a lobster mousse garnished with caviar. Lucien and Merets table was served first followed by the tables of others with rank, The last to be served where the ordinary public servants who sat at the far end of the room.

Meret tilted her head and looked at Lucien. Mentally she answered him: I thought you were one of two. She kind of, sort of, maybe, was not sure that Lucien was a Sith. Her knowledge of them was here say, legend, mythical. She did not ask Lucien because in time Meret knew he would tell her. She sat down next to Lucien and squeezed his hand. “I have you to protect me.” She sat still and observe the table, the faces staring at her, Lucien’s copper brown eyes, the shimmering lights, the contrasting scents of savory and sweet, the warmth from the candles and the images of the dinner party. Meret was making a memory.

A server placed her lobster mousse in front of her. The sight of the culinary delight shifted Meret’s focus from her state of observation to a state of hunger. She waited for Lucien to start then dug into the mousse. “Oh this is just amazing, I need the recipe!”

He squeezed back "Indeed you have" He smiled to her then continued eating savoring each bite he looked over people seemed to be enjoying themselves. He turned back to meret as she asked about the recipe "I don't actually know it I just throw things, normally money sometimes knives at the kitchen staff until they make it" He smiled at his own joke , he didn't throw money at people.

Lucien poured himself and Meret a glass of white wine and took a small sip. Letting the white compliment the fish. The stage at the rear of the room was becoming abuzz with activity, Lucien had brought in an orchestra and they were just beginning to play, the sound resonating through the rafters of the ball room.

Meret softly laughed at Lucien’s joke. He was enjoying himself that made her happy. The wine was a perfect pairing with the lobster mousse. Her left ear caught the whine of a string instrument being tuned. She sat up tall to see an orchestra setting up in the rear of the ballroom. Meret put down her wine and looked at Lucien. “ A symphony? How wonderful!” This was an affirmation they were a couple, They did not talk about music but he knew it was important to her. It was if he could read her mind; he could read her mind! His actions were louder than any words.

"I thought you would like it" He smiled he placed down his silver ware and a servant or 6 approached to collect their plates. Lucien drank the last of his wine then poured a glass of water for himself and his wife to be. To cleanse the palate. Lucien lent back and began reading the minds of those in the room, he enjoyed hearing the singing of secrets it appeared there was a love triangle going on at the further table , A husband and wife and the husbands brother the wife is intimate with both siblings how quaint. The next dish was a sirloin of some sort accompanied by a dark red wine.Lucien started almost immediately opting to leave the minds of his guests alone, they had some strange thoughts.

f6312bed84d3a36f7f08fe7aea2e7274.jpg

Meret’s thoughts were lost in the angelic music that echoed through the room. As she cut her sirloin she wonder why Lucien had selected her, and how was this all going to play out. The orchestra played a spirited crescendo that filled her heart with enthusiasm that led to an idea that she showed Lucien mentally. Your land by the lake is lower in elevation to mine. I want to build a sound garden. A stream of water flowing over cut stones from large to small. As the water flows over the different sized stones the sound changes in pitch. It will start at my cabin with large cut stones and end at the lake.

"Your the boss" He said, He did however rather like that Idea his future house on Endor would be a getaway a place to get away from the stress of government.He picked up his glass and sipped at the dark red liquid "Were shall we have the wedding ceremony" He asked. He imaged his perfect wedding being at a palace somewhere on a temperate planet not too cold but not too hot.

Meret leaned her head close to Lucien’s.” Naboo, My father can pull some strings, call in some favors we can be married in the Queen’s palace in Theed. The weather is perfect, and we can leave by boat on the river that flows next to the palace.” She would be recognized by the Naboo’s government as would Lucien. Getting the queen’s nod would be icing on her cake, wedding cake.“I think that would please you! We would be the talk of the galaxy! But if you want a low profile event then I suggest Endor” Being the absolute tease Meret slip off her princess like shoe and ran her foot up Lucien’s leg. She watched to see if he would smile or frown. He is so proper!

Lucien rather like big shows of glamour and what was more glamorous than the palace of the queen "I Love the idea of commandeering the queens palace for the day, However we have a problem Naboo is in the territory of the Omega Pyre so we may Have some difficulties getting in" He frowned perhaps he could request a temporary ceasefire be called. He was just about to finish off his steak when he felt something strange going up his leg. He looked down to see Merets foot running up his leg "How very liberal" He said trying to stifle his laughter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom